Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineuB0
Stranger

Non-organic to organic
    #829097 - 10/19/17 09:02 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone!

I am brand new to the forum and to growing.
Such an amazing place you have got here .

To the main point.
Started my second auto grow two weeks ago and decided this time to go fully organic.
I bought an organic,peat free soil and potted my sprouted seeds in the final pot(which was watered slightly beforehand).
They showed 1 day later and all looked great,but they stopped growing since.
I decided to try and test the runoff and it comes at 6.5, with  the water that goes in at 7 pH.

So then I reported one of the seeds in a smaller container with the non-organic soil I used last time I grew.
3 days later it has grown a lot and looks happy.

Maybe the organic soil I bought is too hot.
Maybe it's the over watering I have possibly done (knowing I only watered couple of times,little at a time)

Can I grow them a bit in the non-organic soil and then repot to the organic ? I only have organic nutrients.

Thanks for any input.

uB0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Non-organic to organic [Re: uB0]
    #829098 - 10/19/17 09:47 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Hydroponics grows plants faster and larger then in soil. If you go organic keep this in mind and plant many more plants then you would in a hydroponic grow. Yes you can transplant hydro plants back to soil but it will still slow the growth and produce less bun then if you went hydro all the way.

BTW I've grown both ways the buzz and taste is about the same but the organic tended to produce less then half the bud per plant.

Edited by Rider420 (10/19/17 09:49 AM)

OfflineuB0
Stranger

Re: Non-organic to organic [Re: Rider420]
    #829099 - 10/19/17 10:14 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:confused:
I never said hydro.I said that one of the soils is organic and the other one isn't .

Thanks anyway .

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#829106 - 10/19/17 03:29 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

If the soil was to hot it would burn up a seedling pretty quick if the leaves look normal it could just be building up the roots. Hard to tell without pics. You can grow them however you like but every time you transplant them it will slow the growth down for a week or so until it recovers. Post up some more info and pics.

OfflineuB0
Stranger

Re: Non-organic to organic [Re: funky]
    #829108 - 10/19/17 09:59 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks ,Funky.
I transferred one of them in a different soil(non-organic) and the other in the same soil they are in, only a much smaller pot.

And no they didn't look good ,they went lime green to yellow.
The one I reppoted
first is showing signs of improvement. Only 4 days later is twice as big.

If the other one starts growing,that would mean I have over watered them and the soil isn't too hot.

I thought it was easy growing our favourite plant :crazy:

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#829109 - 10/20/17 12:21 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes they can be a little finicky. After a few runs it will become second nature to you. If the soil was to hot it would have burnt leaves over watering would be more of a droopy plant but normal color. Yellow pale leaves not burnt would be a nutrient problem. I'm not a organic grower so my knowledge is limited, I do know that organic growing is all about how you set your soil up in the beginning and modifying during the grow tends not to work well.

If there in small enough pots you can transplant into bigger pots with a amended mix or whatever mix you prefer. You can also top dress the pots which is just adding compost or worm casting, etc, etc to the top of the soil. Compost tea is another good option for adding nutrients and other good stuff to organic grows
Good luck with the grow

Edited by funky (10/20/17 12:39 AM)

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

Loc: In Love, On Time Flag
Re: Non-organic to organic [Re: Rider420]
    #829116 - 10/20/17 12:06 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Hydroponics grows plants faster and larger then in soil. If you go organic keep this in mind and plant many more plants then you would in a hydroponic grow. Yes you can transplant hydro plants back to soil but it will still slow the growth and produce less bun then if you went hydro all the way.

BTW I've grown both ways the buzz and taste is about the same but the organic tended to produce less then half the bud per plant.

proper living organic soil results are just as good as synthetic results.  My company grows all organic and gets 2lbs a light no problemo.  It's all about the microbes with organics and lots of people don't understand that. 

Synthetic is fine too, as ionized salts are more than time tested as effective.  The difference is that microbes don't primarily transport the nutrients in a synthetic soil. 

Either way when done properly can produce outstanding results, or pitiful results.  The one main advantage id give to organics, is that when you fail, you generally don't fail as hard as synthetic. 

lots of people just fuck up organics by not properly preparing their dirt from a microbial standpoint, not introducing cytokinins and saponins to the mix, etc.  High quality vermicompost teas, kelp meal, malted barley powder, aloe vera, bokassa composts, etc...you have to stimulate microbes and/or build your dirt properly for organics to work.  Otherwise there is no point wasting the time just rock them with chemicals.

--------------------
:gd_icon:Still Alive:gd_icon:

Edited by Big Bear (10/20/17 12:07 PM)

OfflineuB0
Stranger

#829117 - 10/20/17 01:49 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It feels like everyone comments for the count .

I don't see any answers in 4 or so posts..

Thanks for your comments.

Forums are not what they used to be.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#829119 - 10/20/17 03:57 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

uB0 said:
It feels like everyone comments for the count .

I don't see any answers in 4 or so posts..

Thanks for your comments.

Forums are not what they used to be.

If that's how you feel I'll stay out of your threads. Have a nice day

Edited by funky (10/20/17 03:59 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order