Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
Ppm lower than feed, ph higher as well, flush? *DELETED* *DELETED*
    #828956 - 10/10/17 11:27 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Myceliumslut

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Ppm lower than feed, ph higher as well, flush? [Re: Myceliumslut]
    #828957 - 10/11/17 01:26 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

How well did you flush the coir before use?  I wouldn't worry about the pH of run off the ppm would tell you more about what's going on than ph. Don't cut nutrients just increase run off. Drain to waste in coir is basically hydroponics so when you reduce nutes the plant will show deficiencies from lack of nutes . Clones can take a couple weeks to pick up good. Post up some pics that will help to narrow down the problem.

OfflineChwyn
Lurker

Re: Ppm lower than feed, ph higher as well, flush? [Re: funky]
    #828961 - 10/11/17 06:34 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Those nutes were likely suspended in the coir causing the runoff ppm to be lower.

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
Re: Ppm lower than feed, ph higher as well, flush? [Re: funky]
    #828966 - 10/11/17 02:00 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

How i rinsed my coir 5kg gh
1. Soaked coir with boiling water for 3 hrs in bucket
2. Rinse in hot tap untill clear
3.rinse with ro ph to 5.8 10 gal of ro per pillow case
4. [Then ran at 4.5-4.7 ph] with 1ml cocoa, 1ml coco b,      .5ml of cal mag, .25 ml rapid start,runoff was at 6.0

Ive been only freding a cup of water per pot and not even everyday, i dont want to oversaturate and cause roots too not grow as much, i mean i only water with 1 cup, and i see plenty of runnoff, i make sure to drain runnof and not let them sit in it.
I assume if the coir is stilll lightly moist,that i dont need to feed, these pots look like they take 3 days to dry up inbetween waterings, i thought thed be able to take a half gal by now, so i do want to try and get a larger runnof ill try next feed!
Ill try n post a pic, my camera is actin up.

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
Re: Ppm lower than feed, ph higher as well, flush? [Re: Chwyn]
    #828967 - 10/11/17 02:03 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, i was under the assumption 300-400 ppm was appropriate for early veg..
But since ppm runoff is lower i guess ill bump ppm up.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #828976 - 10/12/17 06:59 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

your watering too often. If one cup has plenty of runoff thats WAY too soon to water. You need a wet-dry cycle for the roots to breath.

Wait till they're about halfway dry. 1 gallon pot of coco coir should take about a quart of water with about a cup or two of runoff.

You need tester plants to abuse and not have to worry about for critical production. Take some clones when your plants get older, then find the smallest crappiest one's that you would normally throw away (you always take 2-3x more clones than you actually need) and abuse the hell out of it. Get one that you don't water very often, one you over water, one that gets topped and trained, one with little nutrients, etc. until you get the hang of things.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
Re: Ppm lower than feed, ph higher as well, flush? [Re: phychotron]
    #828989 - 10/12/17 07:40 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I fear these are my tester plants, thanks you for the watering tips! I will feed with a quart in 3 days and see the runoff!

And your advice has helped me so much amung others here.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #828994 - 10/13/17 09:20 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

For the record I have larger plants in smaller containers that get watered less than once a week. Sometimes as little as 2 weeks when they're small. Freshly planted clones can go even longer if the situation is right.

And that quart of water to a cup of runoff was a ballpark estimate, it might be more or less than that(probably more than less). Pick the pots up before watering them. They should feel like they're getting much lighter.

Once they start to grow you can over water them with less repercussion, but if you never let the stuff dry out a little it will NEVER develop the type of roots (air absorbing) needed for substantial growth.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate