Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejaan
Stranger
 User Gallery
Can and should i harvest only half of the plant first (Pics)
    #828422 - 09/10/17 05:20 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hi! My first post in here :smile:

I have read the general harvesting guidelines but I have a specific question.

As i have understood, the later you harvest, the more CBD and less THC... My situation is that I have only one plant and I'm thinking of harvesting half of it now to get more THC rich material and let the rest mature to get more CBD in it so later when smoking I'd have a choice which kind of weed to smoke. Also what prompts me to think about this is that the upper buds seems quite mature but below there are some which look like they still have plenty of room to grow. What do you think of my idea - pointless or too stressful for the plant or the way to go?

The local weather could support the plant for at least another month.

Thanks!

The top:

One of the younger buds down below:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can and should i harvest only half of the plant first (Pics) [Re: jaan]
    #828457 - 09/11/17 01:05 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

This is a common error cbd does not increase later in flower. Thc actually is created from cbd so later u go less cbd higher thc.More sedating effect is likely from dif terps or increase in cbn. But yes many books and grow teks have that error saying higher cbd later in flower or with more amber trichs but is incorrect.

Infact guys who grow cbd strains harveat earlier to have a greater cbd ratio. 

Also with more testing it isnt the cbd that makes indicas sedating as preciously thought as most are under 1%cbd so likely terpenes or otger cannabinoids like cbn. Which makes sense to me as is pretty potent and created from breakdown of thc which happens when u see alot of amber or brown trichomes which happens fasterin indicas. Some sativas never really get amber trichs which to me makes a whole lotta sense.

Here is a link if want ro read about maturation and if dont believe me :smile:
http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-grow-guide/cannabis-maturation-and-harvesting/

Edited by Theman (09/11/17 01:13 PM)

Offlinejaan
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Can and should i harvest only half of the plant first (Pics) [Re: Theman]
    #828495 - 09/12/17 04:14 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, It might be as you said but to be honest I don't care much if it's named CBD or something else - I just don't want too much of the sedative effect... What about my question about the harvest? Should i take it all down at once? Looking at the pics, does it seem ripe for harvest or rather wait a bit?

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can and should i harvest only half of the plant first (Pics) [Re: jaan]
    #828544 - 09/13/17 09:54 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Def not finished. U cwn look at trichomes remember but with all those white pistils alot of new calyxes so imagine mostly be clear unless go deeowr into the flower.

Just a guess min couple weeks if more sativa then coule be nearly a month..

Also u most certainly can take down at once and get a range of harvest times if u will. But good to harvest top and gice lower branches a few more days to mature and swell a bit. Alot of people harvest trees over 3 or more harvests so more consistent. And people who have sog or scrog or severe lolipoped basically 1 even canopy would harvest just 1 time..

Edited by Theman (09/13/17 10:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies