Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Seedsman White Widow
    #828357 - 09/04/17 05:52 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Has anyone seen the pictures of this bud?

Seedsman's White Widow seems absolutely phenomenal, with thick white hairy buds everywhere, all over the plant.

I've never had access to this kind of weed, not even as a medical patient.

The WW that my caregiver grew was nice, but did not look anything like this stuff.

I really want to try growing this, and I wanted to ask if anyone here has grown Seedsman's White Widow?

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Edited by cannabispatient (09/04/17 05:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedsman White Widow [Re: cannabispatient]
    #828366 - 09/04/17 10:18 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

White widow is one of those strains where you need to find someone with a really good phenotype. Some people have the real deal white widow but most end up falling short of a legend. Some strains are clone only because its a specific phenotype that stands out among the rest.

Photo's are not necessarily a representation of the actual bud.

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/white-widow

Says greenhouse seeds is the original breeder.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seedsman White Widow [Re: phychotron]
    #828371 - 09/05/17 01:04 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Well greenhouse is sorta a misnomer as do believe shantibaba actually was the breeder or mr nice and released black widow since greenhouse used part of his work. Also imgemer is an alleged breeder of ww. But from my understanding mr nice is closest u can get to 94ww.

Also whats interesting as phyco said i believe according to jon king ww was just a clone brought to europe. But no one other then him says so lol. Ego centric everything came from america perhaps.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedsman White Widow [Re: Theman]
    #828374 - 09/05/17 05:20 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Shanti was with Greenhouse. When he split with Arjin he got the genetics and Arjin got the names. The true white widow is sold by Mr Nice Seeds as Black Widow.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seedsman White Widow [Re: Magash]
    #828384 - 09/06/17 04:52 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks mag forgot to explain reason its misnomer is because was greenhouse but shantibaba did breeding for them and greenhouse ww is no longer "real" ww and mr nice is where to find ww. Although i am sure some question about real as likely using dif parents pre late 90s raids in the dam. What i forgot to mention is that leafly by there own admition is often incorrect. For better genetic representation strainfinder. Is usually much much better for tracing gentics. Also some have actual grow reviews so u can get an idea from that specifix breeder amd not a cultivar that is possibly copycated or what is labeled in a random dispensery so who knows what people are describing on leafly.

Sorry bit off topic but it brings up a topic that i  think the market will start making tge switch to real breeding and not s1 f1 release pollen chucking. So people can actually count on getting pack of seeds that represents the cultivar. While place for whats going on now def not price commanded few dollars a seed sorta still seems high to me but realistic esp now things are opening up. Gram sized bud can have nearly 70 seeds but if had 15 thats 150 bucks on average for gram. And when no real selecting was done it seems crazy.... anyway sorry off topic.

Edited by Theman (09/06/17 05:36 PM)

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Seedsman White Widow [Re: Theman]
    #828617 - 09/17/17 03:29 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

So what you're saying is, if I purchase the seeds of what is pictured above (Seedsman's white widow) and grow it under optimal conditions, the buds and plant will NOT look like the one pictured above?

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #828625 - 09/18/17 12:20 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I've grown out several hundred different phenotypes of White Widow throughout the years. I wasn't around to smoke the stuff that was winning cannabis cups but one thing I've noticed having sampled virtually all reputable seed banks that offer WW is that Black Widow which is what I would assume is the original from Mr Nice has virtually all other phenotypes I've seen from other banks available within it's genepool. Another thing I've noted is almost all other seedbanks are more indica leaning and the structure has been bottlenecked somewhat. What I mean by this is one seedbank will have inbred the original (hopefully original) WW to the point where certain phenotypes are largely removed from the genepool. One seedbank may have fixed the phenotypes greatly towards extreme branching, another towards a distinctively shaped center cola and moderate branching, etc etc. Although not with all but most vigor seems to be diminished compared to the original also which is a symptom of inbreeding but also characteristic of a more indica dom phenotype selection.

This isn't to say there aren't multiple sources for White Widow that are great but Mr. Nice has the best WW for the purpose of archiving the strain for future use. Many phenotypes are displayed in the F2 generation including faster, heavier indicas and there's sativa leaning ones that have far more complex aroma.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #828641 - 09/18/17 09:55 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

If you want your buds too look whiter on camera, turn off all the lights and use flash. It makes It look similar to what you posted does nothing for taste or anything like that

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seedsman White Widow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #828646 - 09/19/17 07:25 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Lol  I think by not what is pictured what phyco was hinting at was there are some seed banks esp 4 5 years ago it seemed (perhaps esp for strains produced from contract seed producers?) Seed banks would steal photos from people off forums of sometimes not of same strain. Although many times easy to pick out and now alot have larger .arketing budget and photos all have a similar look and professionally done. And many got called out so it does seem the practice bas become less common. It is also pretty easy to pick out. For me 80% sameness at least! La woman sour cream red dragon, looked supprisingly similar to picture. There also is phenotypic difference so half or 3rd may look a little different aswell depending if its a usa style f1 (typically no info or general ie" cookie x sunset sherbert cookie structure and high with sherbert punch and collr")or dutch "ibl"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder