Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: First grow [Re: funky]
    #827343 - 07/15/17 04:49 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Cheers funky been a little rocky this week, I've reduced feed to 1.5ml/gal and she looks like she's loving it, over the last couple of weeks I stopped with the cal mag and this week reintroduced it to compensate the lighter feeding.
I really shocked her start of the week, I think it was either not fully mixing the nutes or not keeping an eye on ph, not entirely sure how I did it, she really drooped and next day got some serious burn on a few leaves, definitely learned my lesson there.
Tied a couple of branches down so they get more light exposure.
Started using canna boost too.

Edited by Macky (07/15/17 05:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow [Re: Macky]
    #827345 - 07/15/17 06:09 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

How warm ya runnin in there? Those curled leaves indicate heat stress. Aside from the slight burnt tips. Beautiful plant tho mang.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: First grow [Re: ashfiken]
    #827346 - 07/15/17 08:00 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I think the burn is actually a magnesium deficiency from when you stop using it.  Magnesium deficiency takes a couple weeks to really show. Is the burn brown or purple?  If it's purple it's probably a K deficiency .she is looking good tho. Temp?

She will get hungry in flower so if she get N or K deficient just increase waterings not the nutrient concentration . Once you get the nutrients rite you can use the same thing from seed to flower just increase watering frequency.

Edited by funky (07/15/17 08:10 AM)

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#827347 - 07/15/17 08:46 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Just to clarify about the seed to harvest on one nutrient mix. K.I.S.S method, I used the Lucas formula with maxibloom from seed to harvest.  I now use Jacks 3,2,1 which is more customizable, cheaper, and consistent  (25lb bags).

InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#827348 - 07/15/17 09:46 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Cheers guys. Temps range between 26-29C in the day and drop to 22 at night. Now you say that funky I've been wondering if it's been a little mag deficient, some brown spots were showing a little and was contemplating weather to add a little epsum salt, that's when I decided to add the cal mag back in after you suggested to reduce feed a bit.
That bad day though it fully wilted and the leaves that got hit bad did turn a bluish purple, the next day they crisped up. The night before I mixed up 2 gallons in a bucket at 3ml/gal, I'm wondering if it all got dumped in at once from a bad mix, had an early start that morning and was in a rush so didn't really pay attention. So if you say it's K deficient then maybe it got serious lockout?
I like the idea of K.I.S.S method, for now I'm going to use up what I got from canna, I'm quite liking it so far.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#827353 - 07/15/17 11:43 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Canna is a good product just a little pricey . Definitely keep the cal/mag in the mix, sounds like you locked her up . There tough plants tho she'll come back strong just get her back on regular feed. I use 1.2 grams Epsom per gallon but if you have cal/mag just stick with that.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#827354 - 07/15/17 11:54 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

This is a K deficiency among other things.  Lol

It's reddish purple and the leaf doesn't get crispy. The problem with this plant was unbalanced nutrients caused by a crappie bag of maxibloom or me pushing a bit much light.

Edited by funky (07/15/17 11:55 AM)

InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#827355 - 07/15/17 01:45 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Ah dude, so not K deficiency then. How do you mean pushing too much light, as in trying to get as close as possible?
Are those some phat nugz I see in the background? :gethigh:

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#827356 - 07/15/17 03:17 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

The more light the more nutrients it needs or it will go deficient . 1000+ par sorry for the short answer I'm on a phone

Edited by funky (07/15/17 03:18 PM)

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#827357 - 07/15/17 03:37 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Rack down shot 1050par. The yellow lady went 6 weeks in flower on the funky batch of maxibloom the green one is 3 weeks I think, it's on the new stuff so it didn't get hurt. But at that par plants go through a lot more nutrients and that's what happens when they don't get enough nutes . They get ugly with reduced yield but I'll still get over 2 zips dry tho. This cut takes a beating and still puts out. I hope you get everything worked out.

Edited by funky (07/15/17 03:37 PM)

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#827359 - 07/15/17 11:17 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

You sure its not just lockout? Thats bit weird from just growing to fast to much i think. When too much light lower on the plant  wpuld be better and nutes particularly n yelllw from bottom not just heat causes leaves to grt crispy calaused almost.. of u were approuching too much light with led bleaching is pretty common also can happen with certain hps if cool enough if i am not mistaken.

Anotger clue is possibly that funky nutrient likely has "locked up" all the nutes before u even mix it. 

Not sure what ur growing in but can attempt to flush and add freah nutes.but could be weird insolubles.

May be able to save plants and 95% sure its not from too much light pretty classic burn then lockout..

InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: First grow [Re: Theman]
    #827627 - 07/25/17 10:11 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just a quick update, been 24 days since I flipped her to 12/12, not sure when you're supposed to start counting the official flower period, some say 1 week some say 2 or 3 days, want to gauge it right so I can hit the pk booster.

She's not looking too bad, since the last episode she's been loving it, starting to frost up and fill out so I'm happy :gethigh:

As I lifted it up I hit the top bud on the light. Classic noob error.

Upped the feed very slowly to 7ml/5l of water and 2ml of cal mag and 5ml canna boost, I stared measuring at 5l because it just feels right and will give me room for error if i fuck it up. Watering every day, sometimes 2 days, temps 26-28C humidity 40-50

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
    #827657 - 07/26/17 09:07 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

When you say watering every day, sometimes two times, is that with nutes or are you referring to a separate event, in addition to a daily feeding?  Trying to understand what's going on before I attempt my first kill, I mean grow, lol.

InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: First grow [Re: KenInVic]
    #827663 - 07/26/17 12:21 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry man should have made it clearer. I'm adding nutes every time I water so feeding every time, that's either once a day or once every 2 days depending on how busy I am or how warm it gets. When temps go up she drinks it all up. I'm sure you will be fine  :goodluck:

InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#827800 - 08/06/17 09:33 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

So around 35 days in since the switch, some hairs started to turn brown, sampled a little oven dried popcorn bud and was pretty good, looking forward to harvesting.
Started with pk 13/14 this week, dropped a+b a bit as I'm increasing the pk to about 4-5ml, going to run it to the end of next week. Everything else still same, adding rhizotonic and canazym every now and again. Just getting through these next couple of weeks and will be on the home stretch for the flush.
Apologies for the light on shots

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #827806 - 08/06/17 10:39 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Looking really good. According to Canna you should go no more than 7-10 days with PK. The stuff builds up in the coco and will keep feeding your plant after you've stopped.

Enzyme products need to be added all the time. You might not notice the effects in the beginning, but if you will in the end. As time goes on the roots shed their outer skin and die off will clog the root zone. You try and water but the water puddles up on the top and rolls out to the side, or it goes in and straight down and out of the bottom before it has a chance to saturate the entire medium.

Enzyme products keep the root zone clean and clear of all that sludge and allows the plants to actually access the nutrients.

Same with rhizo. The better the root zone is the better off the plant is. Ever notice that we care for the root zone of the plant more than we do the top? Its because that's the part of the plant that that decides how well the top will grow. As roots get older they die off. If your constantly promoting new root growth you can reap the benefits of a healthy root system. http://www.cannagardening.com/videos/canna_rhizotonic

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First grow [Re: phychotron]
    #827855 - 08/12/17 12:01 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Enzymes and myco are dif. You shpuldmt have to add myco innoculate your roots more then a few times after that its sort of a waste if using soil or ammended soiless mediums.

Enzymes are better to keep bio sludge outta your hydro reservoir. If u have good life in your soil  less  mediums enzymes are pretty much a waste except for preping old soiless for reuse. But even then debatable as spent alot of effort uping organic content dor slow nutriemt release why do u want to turn it to carbon and solubles to be "instantly" leached? Used up faster in any regard. When all bennies use that organic stuff to thrive on.

To me enzymes are like chemical answer to beneficials. Although great keeping nutrient solutions clean and rezs cleans

Edited by Theman (08/12/17 11:12 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow [Re: Theman]
    #827864 - 08/12/17 11:09 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Rhizotonic is not microbes. Its an algae based root simulator.

Canna is against large amounts of beneficials for coco. They use tricederma on their coco to fend off any contaminants but their philosophy is that since your feeding the hydroponic nutrients that are ready for uptake that you don't need them. The microbes also compete for the nutrients your trying to feed the plant.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: First grow [Re: phychotron]
    #828159 - 08/27/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the comment and input phycotron.

It's nearly harvest time, I slowly cut feed to 1/4 strength week before last and have been giving plain water with boost, rhizotonic and cannazyme for 1 week since last Saturday, nearly all leaves turned yellow which easily picked off. Still watering once every 2 days.

Have been away a lot recently so I've added an intake fan with a duct bringing cool air from downstairs into the tent, it's worked quite well and allowed me to keep the tent closed. Also been filling up a 2ltr bottle and leaving it to trickle down so it didn't dry up whilst away.

Leaves at the bottom of main cola are still pretty green so think I'll leave it another day or so.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828195 - 08/28/17 08:58 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Lookin nice. If you take the shade leaf off BEFORE you chop it down it makes things easier.  Looks like you got it pretty easy this time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder