Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecloud_buddha
Stranger
 User Gallery

virus/ fungus problems?
    #828065 - 08/21/17 10:31 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

howdy folks, I hope all's well?

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

from seeds - they grew fine last year. reputable supplier.

2. How old are your plants?

5-6 months

3. How tall are your plants?

1m

4. What size containers are they planted in?

10 litre pots

5.What is your soil mix?

commercially bought manure/ john innes no 3/ grit
33/33/33 mix

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?

every 2 - 3 days. tap water. give 2 litres approx

7. What is the pH of your water?

unknown

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

Maxicrop liquid seaweed plant growth stimulant

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

no

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

outdoor in the UK

14. What is the pH of the soil?

unknown

15. What is the pH of your run off?

unknown

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

insects everywhere, I have a lush garden with all sorts of predators/ beneficial insects. havent' noticed too many aphids this year. the plants seem insect free apart from the odd sheltering spider

So, about 6 weeks ago I noticed the larger older leaves going yellow, then blotching  then brown and dropping off.

advice from a pal suggested old leaves getting past it and dropping off normally. I water and feed regularly, and don't think I'm over/ under doing either.
recently noticed the lower branches dying entirely. and then saw that some of the stems are rotting where they attach to the main stem...

This used to have a stem attached

all the compost was new, pots washed, 4th year of growing in my garden and no previous problems. plenty of sun on them...

any ideas on this? cheers folks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: virus/ fungus problems? [Re: cloud_buddha]
    #828066 - 08/21/17 01:06 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Might be rust.

Rust
Fungus
Rusts are plant diseases caused by pathogenic fungi of the order Pucciniales. An estimated 168 rust genera and approximately 7000 species, more than half of which belong to the genus Puccinia…  Any appearance of rust must be immediately dealt with by removing and burning all affected leaves. Composting, or leaving infected vegetation on the ground will spread the disease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(fungus)

You will not get rid of this problem for the rest of the growing season the best ideal is to get rid of all your soil mix and sanitize all your tools and pots before starting anew next year.

Might not be rust but its some from of nasty fungus. Its not your fault its just bad luck of where the spores landed.

Offlinecloud_buddha
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: virus/ fungus problems? [Re: Rider420]
    #828070 - 08/21/17 04:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

shit...
well that's a fucker and no mistake!
I'll look into this further, as it's certainly not like the rust that I get on my Alcea rosea. but yeah a good trim and a good clean is in order I guess.

cheers for your input!

Offlinecloud_buddha
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: virus/ fungus problems? [Re: cloud_buddha]
    #828250 - 08/31/17 03:59 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

well seems like a high nitrogen feed was needed :laugh: they're looking more like their healthy green selves now :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags