Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Good autoflower for a first time grower?
    #828040 - 08/20/17 07:06 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

hi,

I wanted to purchase some autoflowering seeds for my first (official) grow.

By first official grow what I mean is that I've grown once before from bag seed, six plants under a  huge CFL and were doing really well until my dad found them and ripped them up.

I really want to grow one or two autos because I would like to cultivate a plant that completely bypasses the vegetative stage of growth and goes straight into flowering.

I'm not looking for a huge yield or harvest, just a few autoflowering plants that would be both easy to grow and also finish rather quickly.

So far I have been looking at DNA Genetics' 60-day lemon auto.

Can anyone suggest other autoflowering strains that would be good to grow, and does anyone have any experience with the strain mentioned above?

Thank you,

cannabispatient

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Good autoflower for a first time grower? [Re: cannabispatient]
    #828043 - 08/20/17 10:24 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I grew a diesel crossed auto outdoors a few years ago. It did pretty well with proper feedings. And a few months ago I grew some of mags autos. Under 2 150 hps and coco. As you can see autos can flourish under the right lighting and hydroponics. (Coir is considered hydroponic)

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Good autoflower for a first time grower? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #828044 - 08/20/17 11:08 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Wow that looks amazing man, which strain exactly is that?

And do the 60-day autos really finish that fast from seed?

I mean, after it sprouts fully and is planted, it is finished in just 8 weeks?

That almost sounds too good to be true.

Do you think that one 200w CFL with a reflective hood would grow one or two autoflowering plants fully to maturity?

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #828047 - 08/20/17 12:51 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

That strain was a cross our mod here Magash made. I think its a Diesel Ryder X Crystal Ryder cross.

And yeah you'll have some bud in 8 weeks. But tbh I have let my autos go for up to 12 weeks of flowering. And they really benefited from the extra flowering time. But I Wouldn't let my autos go for me as then 10 weeks. Although keep in mind auto trichromes do not turn the traditional clear-milky-amber. They tend to stay on the clear side. And from what I have read the auto fan leaves will start falling off once it reaches full maturity.

And I dont haven't answer to your CFL question. As I have only used T5 and HPS/MH.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #828063 - 08/21/17 08:20 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks again Deadkndys420.

I had another question for you if you don't mind, and I prefer to ask you as you are a "trusted cultivator."

Could I run my autos from seed to finish on 24 hours/day of light?

I read somewhere that you can keep the light on the whole time, for the entire duration of their growth from seed to harvest if growing an autoflowering plant.

Since I will be using a CFL bulb it won't cost much and overheating will not be an issue.

I really would like to cultivate an autoflowering plant, or maybe two, under one of those powerful CFL bulbs inside of a reflective hood.

Thanks again,

cannabispatient

--------------------

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
    #828064 - 08/21/17 10:16 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Auto-flowers don't care about your light.  24 hours is just going to buy you a bigger power bill.  12 - 18 hours works.  They're going to do what they want anyway and there's little you can do about it.  Hence the name "Auto-".  That should be common knowledge.  You don't need a TC to answer it.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Good autoflower for a first time grower? [Re: KenInVic]
    #828068 - 08/21/17 02:08 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

No need to be a douchebag.
What's "common knowledge" for one person may not be known by many other people.
And as I already stated earlier, I am a first-time grower so I do not know these things.

--------------------

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #828074 - 08/21/17 06:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Personally, I'd love to run some tests with identical auto clones, different light cycles, and various spectrums to determine peak efficiency, but to facilitate such tests at any serious capacity would require expensive equipment I've yet to acquire.

In terms of grams per watt, I think you'd be better off running 2 200w @ 12/12 than 1 200w @ 24/0.  Both setups would consume the same amount of power, but I'd bet that the difference in yield would make up for the cost of the extra light.

I would also ditch the reflector and train the plants around the bulb, reflecting light is wasteful.

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
    #828076 - 08/21/17 10:22 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:
What's "common knowledge" ...

Didn't mean for it to sound that way.  I may have assumed that with a year under your belt here you'd probably seen that information at least once.  That can happen.  Smoking this shit makes me forget the shit I've read sometimes.  My apologies.

OfflineC3R3AL KiLLRx
Ganja Giant.
Male

Loc: Sunshine State of Mind.
Re: Good autoflower for a first time grower? [Re: KenInVic]
    #828082 - 08/22/17 05:35 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Any Seeds left?

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #828083 - 08/22/17 08:03 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:

I had another question for you if you don't mind, and I prefer to ask you as you are a "trusted cultivator."

I read somewhere that you can keep the light on the whole time, for the entire duration of their growth from seed to harvest if growing an autoflowering plant.

Since I will be using a CFL bulb it won't cost much and overheating will not be an issue.

I really would like to cultivate an autoflowering plant, or maybe two, under one of those powerful CFL bulbs inside of a reflective hood.

Thanks again,

cannabispatient

Autos do best at 18 hours of light until harvest. You could do 24/0 but I have always read they do better on 18.  Also dont listen to the poster above stating 'autos dont care about light' thats just plain misinformation..

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #828086 - 08/22/17 12:53 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KenInVic said:
Quote:

cannabispatient said:
What's "common knowledge" ...

Didn't mean for it to sound that way.  I may have assumed that with a year under your belt here you'd probably seen that information at least once.  That can happen.  Smoking this shit makes me forget the shit I've read sometimes.  My apologies.

I apologize too, it was unnecessary and rude for me to call you a 'douchebag', so I am sorry for that.
And I thank you for clearing up what you meant.
Yeah I've been here since May of 2016 ever since I got my medical marijuana license but obviously I haven't done as much reading and research as I should have.

Quote:

C3R3AL KiLLRx said:
Any Seeds left?

If my memory is correct, I should still have 5 feminized Hashplant seeds, and 5 regular Northern Lights seeds, I just need to find them.
I'm sure they're still safe somewhere in my room, wherever I last put them.

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Quote:

cannabispatient said:

Thanks again,

cannabispatient

Autos do best at 18 hours of light until harvest. You could do 24/0 but I have always read they do better on 18.  Also dont listen to the poster above stating 'autos dont care about light' thats just plain misinformation..

Misinformation, really?
So I should have the lights on for 18 hours a day, so that the plants can rest/sleep for at leats 6 hours a day?
I wish someone would help me setup a grow, and then I would grow it by myself and I would be the man.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #828090 - 08/23/17 03:36 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Yes you can. They will do fine. The 18/24/12 Which should I choose is on you. They will all work but it's gonna very by strain. I myself would go 18.

Quote:

You could but the plants sleep whether the light is on 24/7 or not.

Quote:

This drives me out of my fucking head

CFL bulbs are not cheaper and not cooler. Remember that a 200watt CFL bulb puts out the light of a 75watt hid. So say you want the light of a 600watt hid light you'd need 10,000 watts of cfl light. Believe me that would be quite a bit hotter and more expensive to run.

Yeeeeessssss a cfl light will work and is most likely the easiest way to get to where you want to go but there are better ways. Kind of like driving a automatic Toyota gets you there reliably but the Ferrari still gives better performance.

Also remember it's not just about the amount of light you get them but the amount of light in the right spectrum

Quote:

You want to know a growers biggest problems in almost every case. Overthinking shit and making the process harder then it needs to be.

You have the info, you can do this. We're here if you have problems along the way. Now as you said
Quote:

BE THE MAN!!!!

:wink:

:happyweed:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Good autoflower for a first time grower? [Re: Magash]
    #828110 - 08/23/17 08:37 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I would say dont grow at ur parents again.
Dont make ur choice based on flowering time. The larger newage bit longer flowering autos will be better quality. Pick an auto not a lowryder strain as they tend to be more ruderalis and poor quality.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Good autoflower for a first time grower? [Re: Theman]
    #828115 - 08/24/17 12:42 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks everyone for your help and the great replies.

Magash - Thanks for clearing up the whole light-cycle issue I had pertaining to autoflowers.
Now I know to run the lights for 18 hours only; there's no point in unnecessarily stressing out the good plants by having lights over them when they are trying to sleep.
I really thought that having a 200w CFL screwed into a reflective hood would be much cheaper and use less energy than utilizing HID lights.
I really just want to grow two nice autoflowering plants, enough flower for me to use medically.
I'm certainly not looking for a gigantic harvest or anything.
And I have no need or desire to sell it either; I just don't want to have to rely on anyone else for getting marijuana anymore.
For once I would like to supply myself; it would make me feel great and responsible, and also like I am accomplishing something worthwhile.
So I can just drop a few auto feminized seeds in a glass of clean water, wait till they sprout, then put them in some soil in a nice-sized pot under a strong CFL light?
Also, should I use the 6400 or 2700 type of CFL?
With autos I want to use the one that is used only for flowering, right?
Since there is no vegetative cycle with autos?
Thanks!

Theman - Yes I'm not going to grow here at home where I live with my parents again.
It would be a disaster, my dad would find the plants and rip them up again, even though I am a qualified and licensed medical cannabis patient.
No I had no intention of growing anything that has to do with lowryder or any of it's crosses.
I was going to start with DNA Genetics' 60-day lemon auto which is supposed to be a phenomenal strain, done in just 8 weeks from seed to harvest.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #828121 - 08/24/17 07:21 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

If you have the cash pick up a 150w hps for under 80 on the net. You'll be way better off. Especially when it comes time to flowering. Two plants can do alright under one 150w hps. I grew those 5 under 2 150w hps and you can see what good results I got.

Also the argument whether cannabis plants needs "rest" is still up for debate. Some like Ed Rosenthal feel that they do need rest. But other people in the Cannabis Community contradict his claims. But then you got to think if plants really do get stressed out under 18,20,24-hour light schedules. Then there would be no people keeping them (mothers) on 24 hours (some for years) with no real issues other then maybe some stretching. I'm pretty sure this argument has been beaten to death over here and I think they came to the conclusion that plants do not need rest periods.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #828123 - 08/24/17 07:25 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Since there is no vegetative cycle with autos?
Thanks!

This is not true. They do have a vegetative cycle. They also have a flowering cycle. But they automatically switch over to flowering without any lights scheduling change hence the name of this species of cannabis, autoflowering.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828197 - 08/28/17 10:09 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yup. Why you need to put them in larger conatiners from the start dont transplant more then 1 time preferably no time. As need every moment of there short veg to make roots. Also any rootboundness will trigger flower earlier.

Def read a few grow teks man u dont sproat in a glass of water. They need o2 so paper towel germ is tried and true and fool proof. Double layer on bottom single layer over seed keep wet and warm and dark and will germ in 12-18  hours. Your milage may vary can take a week...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals