Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Moving to an apartment in order to grow (and smoke) cannabis
    #827929 - 08/15/17 03:24 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

hi,

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were regarding this.
Basically I am a capable, responsible adult but I am living with parents currently.
Out of respect for them I do not smoke in the house, nor do I cultivate any plants.
But I feel that I truly want to cultivate one to three plants in my own little living space, and also be free to smoke wherever/whenever I want to.
I can only do so by getting my own apartment.
What I wanted to ask was if anyone thinks that it is foolish to get an apartment and live alone solely (mostly) for the purpose of growing and cultivating cannabis and smoking it.
I am a medical marijuana patient as my name suggests.
And as long as I am living with my parents, none of this will be possible, ever, even when I'm fifty years old.
What should I do?
Many thanks to everyone who reads and/or replies to this.

cannabispatient

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Moving to an apartment in order to grow (and smoke) cannabis [Re: cannabispatient]
    #827932 - 08/15/17 04:00 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

If it's genuinely therapeutic to you, then yes.
Try to stay on the right side of the law, unless it's worth the risk.

A few plants should give you plenty if you do it right, and if you keep at it (like most things) you'll learn to do it right within a few runs.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Moving to an apartment in order to grow (and smoke) cannabis [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #827939 - 08/15/17 07:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

You'll probably want to throw together a budget and work out your finances ahead of time, but it sounds like something worth doing.  I took the opposite approach and spent half a decade convincing my right-wing parents that marijuana was healthy, only to discover how unhealthy living with your parents can be. 

It may still be worth talking to them if you have a medical condition and can explain the plant's pharmacological efficacy in a scientific manner, which is of course impossible without the proper linguistic expressions.  Houses are nicer to grow in, more space, security, customizability.  You could look into renting one with a few homies instead of a 1 bed apt. 

If you do grow in an apartment, you'll need to be on point with the carbon filters to avoid complaints, and be extra sure to avoid leaks and fire hazards.  I'd also pick up an under-counter RO system ($280 for a HomeMaster) and double check any lease agreements for marijuana specific rules.

Another option is to rent out a grow space.  If you're legal it shouldn't be too hard to find some older hippie dude willing to let you use the spare room in his basement, I would however be extremely cautious and set up the agreement in writing.  They wouldn't be allowed to access your plants, and you would need to work out a schedule with them for watering/care, but it would be a lot cheaper than renting a whole apartment.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Moving to an apartment in order to grow (and smoke) cannabis [Re: yoosername]
    #827962 - 08/17/17 10:01 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the help everybody.
What I really wanted to do was get my own small apartment, something cheap like <$600/month and grow one or two small plants, preferably auto-flowering ones.
These won't take up much space and will be finished relatively quick, and from what I have read they are much easier to grow then regular plants.
I am not looking for a massive yield, just a few small plants that will produce potent medicine.
I wanted to grow an auto-flower this year outdoors in a pot on the deck outside my house but unfortunately I spent a lot of the season traveling and just returned recently, so I am unable to do so.
I live in a northern climate, in the northeastern united states, so trying to grow a plant outdoors, even an auto-flowering one, would of course be wasteful and not work.
I could have secretly grown a few small plants in my bedroom closet with a CFL but unfortunately my dad "modified" my closet not too long ago by putting a bunch of horizontal shelves in it so now there is no space at all to grow there, whereas before the shelves were put in there was enough space to grow several plants with no problem.
I think he did that to my closet on purpose specifically so that I could not cultivate marijuana there.
As a medical marijuana patient I should have the right to grow a few plants and also be able to smoke whenever.
Oh well.
I truly wish to grow herb myself so that not only can I feel like I accomplished something really nice (I love working with plants and flowers, etc.) but also so that I no longer have to rely on my caregiver for weed.
I've always wanted to grow and harvest my own plants.
I hope I can do this soon one day.
Thanks again for all of your help.

cannabispatient

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Moving to an apartment in order to grow (and smoke) cannabis [Re: cannabispatient]
    #828084 - 08/22/17 09:24 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

like others have said if it's legal ok
if it's not it could smell up the entire floor and a utility guy could come in your apartment when your not home and call the cops

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Moving to an apartment in order to grow (and smoke) cannabis [Re: Mof]
    #828085 - 08/22/17 12:47 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mof said:
like others have said if it's legal ok
if it's not it could smell up the entire floor and a utility guy could come in your apartment when your not home and call the cops

Yes as mentioned several times before it is LEGAL for me to purchase, smoke, and grow cannabis as I am a medical marijuana patient living in a state where it is legal to do so for medical reasons.

--------------------

OfflineMaryGBlaze
PurpSkurp
Male

#828407 - 09/09/17 04:48 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

U can't growniy there?'

Offlinerobiolic
Stranger
    #828505 - 09/13/17 01:42 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

good luck to you and be careful

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

Loc: In Love, On Time Flag
    #828634 - 09/18/17 03:02 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

you can do big things in an apartment.  check out my first grow.  100% legal :cool:

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/775771/fpart/1

a single 4x4 tent with a 1000 watt light can yield you 2lbs every 90 days no problemo if you take proper care of your plants.

--------------------
:gd_icon:Still Alive:gd_icon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals