Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Mayor wants slice of pot pie * 1
    #827569 - 07/22/17 10:19 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

By Arthur White-Crummey -
July 21, 2017

Marijuana buds.
Mayor Greg Dionne is joining the chorus of Saskatchewan mayors calling for marijuana revenue to be shared with municipalities.
“We know the government is doing this to create revenue,” Dionne said. “We believe it’s prudent that they share that revenue with us. Because, at the end of the day, who does the enforcement of the laws that they make? Our local police and our local people. So we should be compensated for that.”
Charlie Clark of Saskatoon and Michael Fougere of Regina have already floated similar ideas. The money, Clark is reported as saying, could come from a direct tax on marijuana sales or another form of revenue sharing.

Remainder snipped https://paherald.sk.ca/2017/07/21/mayor-wants-slice-pot-pie/

ROLMFAO the only reason cannabis will be legal in the prairie provinces is due to GREED! Not to stop kids from using or even the health and safety of their citizens, but pure fucking greed. Typical conservative-republican ideology pure fucking greed!

Cannabis Day 2018 here in just 344 days. :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Mayor wants slice of pot pie [Re: Rider420] * 1
    #827577 - 07/22/17 05:11 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man, as long as legalization happens, I'm ok with whatever motivates politicians to act.

But I agree, it's pretty shitty that money is the only thing that motivates politicians :doublefacepalm:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Mayor wants slice of pot pie [Re: Data] * 1
    #827583 - 07/22/17 07:58 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Just because some politicians are greedy misanthropes does not mean they all are.

The funny thing is cannabis is getting legalized whether those towns and cities want it or not. Its just sad that these particular politicians are claiming its only being done out of greed because its the only thing they believe in or understand.

BTW cities and towns recoup the extra costs of bars by issuing them expensive business licenses they can do the same with cannabis.

Edited by Rider420 (07/22/17 08:13 PM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#827586 - 07/22/17 09:06 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, I would be ok with taking that initial step, because a step towards legalization is a step in the right direction.:thumbup:
However, I would continue determining my course of action based on a combination of logical thought and consideration of the law, rather than solely the latter of the two. I would also continue to promote cannabis legislation that is more sensible than the hypothetical legislation you outlined.

This is all irrelevant though, as Trump is not capable of changing the legal status of a currently controlled substance by himself. Even if he did, antitrust laws prohibit the scenario you suggested above. At worst, the sole supplier of cannabis would have to be a federal entity, and not a private company. So by default, I would not have to worry about having to chose between legalization and a Trump-owned cannabis monopoly. Temporarily presided over, but not owned.

:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Mayor wants slice of pot pie [Re: Data] * 1
    #827592 - 07/23/17 08:36 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
This is all irrelevant though, as Trump is not capable of changing the legal status of a currently controlled substance by himself.
:shrug:

ROLMFAO Ya I've got to agree with you that Trump can't do shit by himself, and has alienated the republican party. Its so sad to see all three houses in the states run by one party yet the republicans still can't get anything done. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the next leader of the democratic party will have the balls to run on cannabis legalization? But then again if Trump keeps up all that he is doing a dead cat would get more votes then him in the next election and I see no reason why he will change. Can a president pardon himself of all crimes before leaving office? Call it the Trump card eh. :tongue2:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#827593 - 07/23/17 10:09 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Can a president pardon himself of all crimes before leaving office? Call it the Trump card eh. :tongue2:

Lol I died...thats fantastic :thumbup:

2020 will definitely be interesting, and can't come soon enough.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale