Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Ducting for Tent
    #827338 - 07/14/17 12:15 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I have 4" air inlet and outlet openings for ventilation of my tent.  I have a 4" 160cfm fan and carbon filter.  In addition, I am contemplating adding an intake filter to keep crawlies and other crap down to a dull roar.

My questions is this.  Would two 4" x 8' lengths of the flexible aluminum foil ducting as used for clothes dryers suffice to connect outside air to the intake filter and connect the fan output to the exhaust port?  I'm thinking of two individual lengths rather than trying to cut down an 8' into two 4' pieces.  I won't be doing ducting between the carbon filter and the fan, connecting both directly to each other.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Ducting for Tent [Re: KenInVic]
    #827339 - 07/14/17 01:35 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I find a screen on the intake works better then an air filter because it does not reduce the air flow as much.

Depending on where you live and the time of year its not a good ideal to duct in outside air. In the summer its too hot and vice versa in the winter. I find a smaller exhaust fan works better at keeping the temperature and humidity in check, remember you will need either heating or air conditioning and dehumidification unit or units regardless.

I find that a stand alone heater, 10000 btu air conditioner and dehumidifier that vents out a four inch duct a perfect companion for a grow tent. Both the free standing a/c unit and carbon filter should be located out side the tent.

So if I was you I would duct from the tent to the carbon filter then exhaust outside through the a/c unit. This will prevent orders and keep your plants at the right temperature, humidity and fresh air flow.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Ducting for Tent [Re: Rider420]
    #827340 - 07/14/17 02:47 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Agree no filter just screen on intake.
The longer the ducting the more restriction you add so less cfm . Make them as short as possible and straight, bends in the ducting causes restriction .

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies