Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New to growing, few early problems, unsure of the solutions [Re: funky]
    #826559 - 06/19/17 10:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

People do 12 12 from seed. As general rule wait for preflowers to put in flower as then they are mature plants. This can be 6 to 12 inches.

Some strains double in size some 25% during flower so keep that in mind.

So point being you can trigger whenever you want bigger plants with larger roots will fruit more as a general rule. So just make sure u have enough space/ light coverage.

As for toping thats up to you it slows down growth but will branch out. You can top right up to flower and will put out 3 4 smaller buds instead of long cola but really not recommended as depending on nodes below may lower yeild. Point is its possible and ok results so dont stress.

People top from 2nd node but you again slow things down for awhile and depending on your light situation may not be worth that.

Personally i would FIM it week or two before tossing into flower or once see 2-4 top branches coming out and showing good growth rate. Any time after then your good or can train more if you want just takes longer. Or can screw it and just flower right now as best way to learn is try. And can just do low stress straining ie bending and will keep growth rates up if your in a rush.

Its a weed and will grow dont worry. And alot other things affect yeild so dont really need to worry about training yet if your in a rush. Dialing nutes soil waterings temps light all more important i would say then thinking training is going to up yeilds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinereelinguniverse
Stranger
Re: New to growing, few early problems, unsure of the solutions [Re: reelinguniverse]
    #826673 - 06/22/17 09:52 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

OK people, I appreciate the input. It and my own research have been helpful. I have a new question related to this plant. It is now topped and after few days, tied down for LST. However, as I mentioned, this is a small setup, a space bucket. I secured the plant is place with twisty ties and metal duct tape. When I placed the plant back in the bucket after it was finished being secured, it seemed a bit crowded. I attached a pic. Does this seem too crowded? Should this technique not be utilized in a smaller space or is there a better way to do it? Thank you all.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: New to growing, few early problems, unsure of the solutions [Re: reelinguniverse]
    #826680 - 06/23/17 02:49 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely going to be a tight fit once she starts filling out . Maybe limit yourself to 3 main branches so she don't crowd herself out. Make sure she has good air flow those buckets get stail fast. Keep us posted man

Offlinereelinguniverse
Stranger
    #826683 - 06/23/17 08:15 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

"Definitely going to be a tight fit once she starts filling out . Maybe limit yourself to 3 main branches so she don't crowd herself out. Make sure she has good air flow those buckets get stail fast. Keep us posted man"

How can I control how many main beaches is has and make the fit work? I have seen a few suggestions for how to go about LST and I am aiming to make the main stem sort of spiral up like a staircase. I secured the main stem and branches that seemed to be blocking the light to the lower parts. I am unsure how I could tweak it more finely to fit in there well.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#826694 - 06/23/17 02:19 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

It's going to be tough man. What is the diameter of that bucket? To get 3 branch just pick 3 tops you like then cut everything else off, Pretty simple concept.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#826718 - 06/23/17 08:11 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Dont get to caught up on it. I dunno about staircase. But can google some picks. But just worry about having a healthy plant will make more of a dif for u getring that right. Just get a grow or two under your belt then can worry about tweeks for higher yeild.

Offlinereelinguniverse
Stranger
Re: New to growing, few early problems, unsure of the solutions [Re: Theman]
    #826784 - 06/26/17 08:37 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed. I kind of thought this too and for sure, if nothing else this has been a great learning experience and if I did it again, it would be easier and I would make a few less mistakes. To answer another question, the bucket diameter is almost a foot, exact measure was more like 11.75in. It sure has filled out. While it may be wisdom to not stress too much and just get the experience of a grow in, I think I will try to take the advice of three main branches and trim it when I get it out for it's next watering and then that will be the last of the tweaking to the actual plant I do.

Now it is starting to get a real noticeable odor so I am going to begin looking into solutions on the cheap for that. I have seen the carbon filter fans and was wondering if I could somehow build one, maybe with activated charcoal, and attach one to the PC fans I alresdy have. I currently have a layer of cheese cloth over the inside of them so the leaves do not grow into them, as was happening for me, and I was thinking of using the cloth and coal as a filter by adding another layer to hold it but am unsure it will be breathable enough or effective enough.

Edited by reelinguniverse (06/26/17 08:43 AM)

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#826791 - 06/26/17 01:30 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Some carbon filter pad covering the intake side of the fan should work, maybe 2 layers.  Lowe's sells it by the air purifiers can't remember how much tho. Amazon sells it for cheaper . I have seen some diys on some of the other forums but I've never tried them . I use the filter pad on my drying contraption and it kills the smell. Good luck man and keep us posted

Just checked out the pic and she looks healthy,  you may want to get her trimmed soon.

Edited by funky (06/26/17 01:40 PM)

Offlinereelinguniverse
Stranger
    #827412 - 07/17/17 02:30 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

OK people, this grow has chugged along despite several mistakes along the way. I have really appreciated some of the tweak suggestions I have received here, they really seemed to help. I am now creeping up on the middle of bloom. As a reminder, I am using a singular UFO LED that seems a bit underwhelming, even for a tight space bucket grow, in that the led has at time practically pressed against the tops without harming the plant. This was due to it growing unexpectedly fast in bloom and not having made enough tops fast enough to adjust the light level. Anyhow, the whole setup from top to bottom is about 2inches short of 4ft. I attached a pic of the inside. It is defiantly crowded and light does not seem to be penetrating enough. How can I solve this at this stage of growth? Can I squeeze supplemental lighting in there? I have seen some people use those flat strips of LED's for this purpose, would it be too late for a change like that and if not, how do you attach them and keep the container still deconstructable to water the plant and such? Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds