Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBabaganoosh
Stranger
Questions and about FFoF and some other things before I grow.
    #826108 - 05/28/17 04:20 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everybody! I've grown a few plants in the past with minimal success, and really want to step up  my game this year outdoors. I'm going to have 8 plants in five gallon buckets.

The first grow I grew about two ounces on two plants with miracle grow soil and miracle grow rose bush food. Nothing spectacular but I saw the life cycle of the plant and it got me high. Had literally no issues with PH, yellowing, or weird lockout situations. pretty smooth ride actually.

The last time I tried my luck I ordered five cream of the crop seeds "Cash crop auto" and popped them all, and planted in some seed starter until transplant a few weeks later in FFoF, and burned them right up. The soil was probably too hot/ acidic come to find out. ugh.

So this year I want to be successful. What soil do you use? I've always heard great success stories with foxfarm but obviously I wasn't. If i use it again, can I cut it with coir or peat so it isn't so damn hot? I've read people doing this and adding powdered dolomite lime to buffer the p.h., after burning up some plants like I did. I don't want to buy a bunch of crap and mix it from scratch because I live in a shitty apartment and my grow site is guerilla quite a ways from home. Is there any pre-mix or easily amended mix you kind folks prefer?

Also i'm going to be using the TechnaFlora recipe for success nutes. I guess another question is the box comes with a Cal/Mag supplement, should I still use this if i use dolomite in my mix?

Or, should I just not use the dolomite if I want to use this? A youtube video by TechnaFlora says their nutes are PH balanced, so I shouldn't ever have to use any PH +/-, but feed more, or feed less instead. Can somebody more knowledgeable than I enlighten me? should I still stabilize the soil first? sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Questions and about FFoF and some other things before I grow. [Re: Babaganoosh]
    #826213 - 06/02/17 06:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think FF Happy Frog is nute-free, so it wont burn your plants. I think. Ocean Forest is best for small plants, not seedlings, in my experience.

When u buy a bag of soil, make sure it doesnt list any fertilizer info on the bag, to prevent burning of young plants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals