Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefungman
Stranger
Does anyone have any experience with thse lights from LEDFullSpectrum.com?
    #825860 - 05/11/17 08:23 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Hi guys,

I'm new here, but I've been lurking a little bit doing some light research. I've also done a little bit over on Shroomery under the same name.

I'm looking to do my first grow, but I do want decent results and I want it to be close to my final setup without having to expand the main stuff (lights, main grow room, etc.) in the future. I technically tried to grow a long time ago but failed because of lack of preparation and was trying to do it too stealthily and cheaply that it was prohibitive, but I do have a decent base of research, which is part of where I'm coming from with these questions.

I was going to do growmau5's DIY LED off YouTube, but I was thinking this might be cheap enough and save the hassle if it's as good as it says.

Does anyone have experience with this brand or these lights?

http://www.ledfullspectrum.com/product.html?l=highbay-c2x

Are these serious and legitimate lights for growing weed?

Couple questions:

1. Would these work for vegetating a nice canopy of plants (I'm thinking 12-16 plants in a sea of green)?

2. Do these full spectrum LEDs eliminate the need for switching to a red spectrum (HPS) bulb for flowering? In other words, are these lights in the right color frequency ratios that when it's time to flower, I just change the light cycle, but can continue using these lights?

I plan on keeping it fairly simple and just germinating seeds and putting them in some Fox Farm Ocean Forest, identifying the fe's and pulling the males, and just letting them go, and deciding if I want to keep a mother and do clones and all that later.

It looks like these are made by Noribachi, a company based in Los Angeles. Here's the summary from the link:

"The Warehouse Grow Light is Noribachi’s second most powerful grow light. This fixture offers more light and more grow than a 1000W HPS -- 130% more! This grow light is a true 1500W HPS replacement, perfect for large installations such as grow warehouses. No other grow light company will be able to offer this power at this price. This light grows more plants for less cost. The Warehouse Grow Light comes with 6' of cord and an easy to use 120V plug. LEDFullSpectrum's finely tuned grow spectrum is created for full-cycle cultivation of leafy greens and microgreens, cutting and seedling propagation, and fast root development. Our broad spectrum is designed, first and foremost, for growing, but it is also great for research and cultivation environments."

These look pretty friggin sweet and amazing based on the price point. If these are really the bees knees like they appear to be then I'll probably have to snag one up pretty soon. I appreciate any time taken to answer my questions. Thanks.
Should I buy these lights?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/11/17 06:22 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone have any experience with thse lights from LEDFullSpectrum.com? [Re: fungman]
    #825862 - 05/11/17 11:24 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't get it. Seems like some marketing hype with not much info. Its hard to tell with most of these lights that aren't popular. Growmau5 looks like he knows his stuff, price wise I think you get more out of it when you build your own.

I just change the light cycle to 12/12 from veg and its fine. I also have switches that dim or will just run on one of the two circuits when in veg.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinefungman
Stranger
Re: Does anyone have any experience with thse lights from LEDFullSpectrum.com? [Re: phychotron]
    #825863 - 05/12/17 01:25 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I wouldn't get it. Seems like some marketing hype with not much info. Its hard to tell with most of these lights that aren't popular. Growmau5 looks like he knows his stuff, price wise I think you get more out of it when you build your own.

I just change the light cycle to 12/12 from veg and its fine. I also have switches that dim or will just run on one of the two circuits when in veg.

Did you make your own LED? If so, what has been your experience with it?

Are there any standard/affordable LED brands that are the go-to for growing cannabis?

If I'm just wanting a pound or so every harvest (3-4 months) would a lower quality light like this work? In other words, if it's ~400 watts LED, and they claim it's like 1300 HID, what if I was going to be cool with a 400w HID to begin with, and I'm willing to spend the $500? Would it still likely be at least as good or better than the 400w HID? Is ACTUAL watts LED usually better than HID, watt-for-watt?

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone have any experience with thse lights from LEDFullSpectrum.com? [Re: fungman]
    #825864 - 05/12/17 03:11 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

They don't even say what diodes they use, I would stay away. I use luminous and citizen cobs link in my sig. I have 4 cobs in a 2x4 running at 300 watts I just ordered 4 more luminous cxm22 light engines to add to it. I run 6 plants and get 2-3 zips dry a plant. I'll never go back to hps/mh.

Frosty bud port

Edited by funky (05/12/17 05:31 AM)

Offlineneedlights
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #826189 - 06/01/17 01:34 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Image submitted from a ledfullspectrum.com customer:

Edited by needlights (06/01/17 01:39 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #826199 - 06/01/17 08:00 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've started making my own lights using cheap components. I'm currently testing them so Its hard to say exactly what they can do. I'm practicing for when I decide to get some more expensive components, like CXB's or VERO29's

LED lights are hit or miss. If you get a crappy one your gonna hate it. Its slow growth and buds that never fully fill out.

Affordable depends on what you consider affordable. I think its a waste to spend money on a cheap fixture.

With LED's you can expect to get .5-1 gpw. So you'd want around 4-800w over a 4x4 area. Some fixtures can get up to 2gpw. Check out the fluence.science website for the fixtures I'm looking at. If I wasn't going to build my own in the future I'd probably get some of their fixtures. There are a lot of people out there right now but I haven't kept up with it over the past few years.

Watt for watt it depends. With LED you have to spend less wattage on cooling the garden off. The heat radiates from the bulb, and you run your garden cooler to adjust for that. Some people need A/C in the summer. Depends on the LED's, configuration, etc. Its hard to say if one would be better or not because there are so many LED variables. I think its a simpler setup and gentler o the plant when you use LED's.

That fixture you listed might be good or it might be crap, I dunno. Until more people start to use it and document grow longs its a shot in the dark. One photo won't prove a thing. It looks like they're a larger U.S based manufacturer of industrial/commercial lighting with little to no information about their product.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck