Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejohncleese
Stranger
privacy film and LED light
    #825413 - 04/18/17 11:15 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Hi all,

I've got a couple of quick questions for you guys, which I couldn't find answers for, even after extensive searches:

1. Say someone wants to grow indoor and is using the strong sun outside as the exclusive light source.
And if that person happens to have very nosy neighbors who tend to take a peek every now and then in the general direction of the grow room.
Is there a way to coat the window from the inside, as in privacy films? All I see on line are on-sided window kind of films, but those seem to block some of that precious UV rays.
Could you point me to some products that block the view from outside but allow full UV entry?

2. If one wants to add more oomph to the natural light, and would like to do so with LEDs, on the cheap, what kind of lightbulb specifications does one need to look for?
If say, buying from a certain chinese on-line retailer, what should be the search term?

Many thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: privacy film and LED light [Re: johncleese]
    #825415 - 04/18/17 01:13 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

You know all the ones I know of tint in some way and more important then just the uv light is the light spectrum that the film lets threw during the different phases of growth since the plant uses different bands of the spectrum during vegging then it does during flowering. You can always ad uv light with uv bulbs.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: privacy film and LED light [Re: johncleese]
    #825433 - 04/19/17 09:45 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I would look for some kind of bubble glass or frosted glass to overlay overnthe window. Reflective mylar film reflects almost all light back toward the outside so that wouldnt work so well.

Another option is white curtains but u will see the lights at nite (as with the frosted/bubble privacy glass. Beat bet would be black-out curtains and just use lights only. Thats the best way to avoid detection from nosey neighbours.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: privacy film and LED light [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #825438 - 04/19/17 11:18 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Great fences make great neighbors.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: privacy film and LED light [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #825439 - 04/19/17 11:23 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

LED's in the cheap market are sketchy. for the cheap one's there are a few up an coming names. Mars makes a popular cheap light. I hate it (friend got a few, then got rid of them for a light I sold him), but people swear by it.

Those things are all over the net, with different warranties on the same light between one and three years. You gotta find the retailer that will handle any warranty issues that will arise over the next few years.

There's a lot to it that I can't go into right now-- I'm leaving town for a few days.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: privacy film and LED light [Re: phychotron]
    #825454 - 04/20/17 12:54 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah i bought some Cheap chinese LED flashlights. The leds rocked but the damn push switch was janky as fuk. Made the flashlight useless.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: privacy film and LED light [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #825457 - 04/20/17 01:30 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

IMO, if you're going to get an LED fixture, just go solely with that and put it in your closet.  It will be way easier to control the light cycles, and then you don't have to worry about neighbors at all.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMof
Male

Re: privacy film and LED light [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #825465 - 04/20/17 04:42 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

honestly the more friendly or different your backyard looks the more suspect

just stick to ninja growing man
you already have to worry about the smell what difference is sight?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck