Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecafremente
Stranger
Male

Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic
    #825263 - 04/06/17 06:35 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

So it was all going well till this second week. It been behaving odd.

I have to admit the room really hot.
But i keep a fan, medium and not so close, in motion. Idk whay going on

I feed the babies kirkland purified water.
I have a hydrion pH Paper, the water perfect. The soil for germinated seeds, so it has no nutrition.

Nothing else.
Ill let you know what the tempeture of my room to see if it has yo do with it.

Does orange pieces are papaya lol... yeah a yuppie told me it good fetilizer so i did toss a little. Skepticle about it. Doubt it cause any harm...by the way it was behaving odd before i add it. Thought it would help fix i a little.

Thank you!.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: cafremente] * 1
    #825264 - 04/06/17 06:54 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know what you mean by
Quote:

behaving odd

but their stretching cause they don't have enough light.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: cafremente]
    #825265 - 04/06/17 09:54 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Not enough light, heat, but also stretching because of that dense ass soil you have them in.  No much you can do now but next time get something with better aeration and less wood chips. You might be able to dig them up and put the bulk of the roots that come out in better soil but its going to cause some harm and may be potentially fatal.

Don't just listen to some random dude telling you to toss orange peels in your mix. If you want to listen to someone that your skeptical about DO NOT do it to your main plants. Have some side plants you mess around with. That's how you learn. Cloning is easy and you have a whole new plant to play around with.

Your going to be trimming lower branches at some point anyway, try your hand at cloning, and learn to experiment with those essentially 'free' plants. Some days you have hundreds of potential clones you could have taken that your just throwing away.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinecafremente
Stranger
Male

Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #825270 - 04/07/17 03:28 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry for my broken english.

It has to be the soil and the heat.
Million thumbs to your comment.:smile: :smile: :smile:

In my last cultivation i used the same light and i had no issues.

Hell i accidently left it two days without water and the light on and it grew twices as big.

This is the lamp i uses:

So it best if i make my own mix like the growery recomends and later on to switch it with some fox farm guano nut mix.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: cafremente]
    #825271 - 04/07/17 04:45 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

You can tell its the soil because of how white the lower stem is. Instead of being able to grow into the soil the roots are pushing the plant upward as it adds more to the ends. The plant is trying to dig and cant but refuses to stop growing.

Sometimes this happens when the soil is not dense enough as well, and pressing the soil down around the plant can help. I think the soil is too compact in your case though. 

Building your own mix and ammending it is a good way to go. Seems like SOME people have access to consistently good bags of soil, but most the time the soil that is available is not fully geared toward growing cannabis.

Usually potting soil is for potted house plants that your not going to water all the time. A good portion of those bagged soil mixes can benefit just by adding a bunch of perlite.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: phychotron]
    #825310 - 04/10/17 08:31 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Lol naa i am with magash its the light. If you kow how plants grow what u said makes no sense. Plants dont grow like that, think about trees growing on rocks what happens? Root doesnt push tree into tge air lol.

The white is not root tissue but elongsring cells whixh appear less green just fyi. Phycotron when u get old enough go to school cross section some plants and stain some cells. Stop spewing misinfo. In all seriousness get a book read about plants cells and how plants grow.

Growery wont attract new folks when mods... well nm.

Edited by Theman (04/10/17 08:38 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: Theman]
    #825314 - 04/10/17 11:09 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I stand by what I say. Try it sometime with some ultra compact soil, some super fluffy soil, and some goldilox soil.  You'll notice the elongation from improper penetration.

Your logic with tree's is absurd.

--------------------

Offlinecafremente
Stranger
Male

Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: phychotron]
    #825318 - 04/10/17 06:15 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

It is the soil here my last year cultivation :smile: :smile: this gardener new i was cultivating cannabis and sold me a fluffy mix, he promises me it was for the cannabis purpose. It was a fluffy soil and here my evidence.

I don't have much evidences of my last year cultuvation. Since it umm i355l over here.

My only problem was that i grew it on small pot and the root was so long asking for more spaces. <3

i learned that it the root what matters.

But the soil this gardener waoh!!..
What a quality!.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why are my babies acting this way?. Pic [Re: cafremente] * 1
    #825320 - 04/10/17 08:13 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

A small oscillating fan will help strengthen and keep them shorter.

You still probably have stretch from lack of light. Its usually never just one variable, but a few different things out of adjustment. Best to solve the biggest problem first and then adjust everything else accordingly as the plant responds.

I've seen outdoor plants do the same thing with soil that looks like that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds