Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Moldy rec weed
    #825105 - 03/28/17 08:08 PM (7 years, 1 day ago)

You live in a state that sells recreational weed that you can't smell, handle, open or return for any reason and you buy a nice looking couple buds in a nice looking jar ONLY to find out its crap smoke that burns your throat... and then the reason is because it has mold on it. What do you do about it?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Moldy rec weed [Re: phychotron]
    #825107 - 03/28/17 08:32 PM (7 years, 1 day ago)

First I would see a respiratory doctor. Secondly pertaining to the moldy bud. If you can ID it as not a alphatoxin producing mold. Then I would do an extraction. Assuming the bud amount would be even worth it. If just a few grams I would toss it.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/salvaging-moldy-material-2/

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Re: Moldy rec weed [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #825108 - 03/28/17 09:06 PM (7 years, 1 day ago)

I only got 2 grams. Mostly cause I wanted to try out the pineapple express before I grew it.

Kinda hard to see but there's a bunch of white stringy growth. Much more apparent with the scope.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#825110 - 03/28/17 09:38 PM (7 years, 1 day ago)

and I meant on the grander scheme of things... Should I write my congressman, just accept the fact that the market sucks and don't buy their bud, what? I want answers on why I got ripped off and what I can do about it.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#825111 - 03/28/17 10:28 PM (7 years, 1 day ago)

Here is my original picture

Here is the picture that G13Labs used for years to advertise there pineapple express

All they did was take the purple out of my picture. Took me forever to get them to take it down,

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

#825113 - 03/28/17 11:33 PM (7 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
and I meant on the grander scheme of things... Should I write my congressman, just accept the fact that the market sucks and don't buy their bud, what? I want answers on why I got ripped off and what I can do about it.

I mean in that aspect. I'm not sure there's much you can do tbh. Being you're in a rec state though. I'd assume you would have to be within a certain threshold for that sort of thing to even put it on the market. Really a tough call. I would honestly call all lawyer. Hell if you want free advice there's a talk show host here in socal (Bill Handel on KFI). That does free legal Advice every week. And he'll bluntly tell you if you have a case or not.

And before you question the morality of suing. I wanna ask you something. Can you put a price on the well being of your health?
Just my :2cents:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#825114 - 03/29/17 01:40 AM (7 years, 1 day ago)

I contacted the cannabis control board and will see what they say.

I emailed the processors originally to tell them the bud was sub-par but looked nice. They got back to me saying they were working on finding a way to fully seal the jars, stood by their product, environment factors, etc.. that's when I scoped it and found the mold.

You can tell they're amateur because they HAVE a seal on their jar. Its called heat and seal, you just heat the lid up slightly and it sticks the foam to the glass. Its basic packaging.

I didn't bother telling the state the name of the place, as its a much larger problem than a single mold violation. The mold is the growers concern, the process of returning sub-par products is the states. Access to clean medicine is the states concern.

I'm just getting sick of it. The medical aspect of cannabis is going out the door in favor of the recreational market. People have told me they get good cannabis from rec shops but I've yet to actually see any. People seem to only know what gets them high, not what dank bud is.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#825115 - 03/29/17 02:19 AM (7 years, 1 day ago)

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #825116 - 03/29/17 05:43 AM (7 years, 1 day ago)

Another reason hash > weed

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Re: Moldy rec weed [Re: drawde]
    #825123 - 03/29/17 01:30 PM (7 years, 23 hours ago)

you can get moldy hash.

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #825126 - 03/29/17 04:59 PM (7 years, 19 hours ago)

NUHHHH UHHHHHH
:brushrage:

I was just looking for a reason to be a hash snob...

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #825129 - 03/29/17 06:12 PM (7 years, 18 hours ago)

FWIW I made iso from moldy bud and didn't die. I figured iso kills spores so fuck it.

I'm not so smart tho.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Re: Moldy rec weed [Re: RasJeph]
    #825132 - 03/29/17 06:39 PM (7 years, 18 hours ago)

:nojustno:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#825134 - 03/29/17 07:35 PM (7 years, 17 hours ago)

They contacted the shop I bought it for and authorized a refund... now I'll just see how smooth that goes.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #825142 - 03/30/17 10:34 AM (7 years, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

I would go back to the rec dispenser u got it from and tell them its moldy. Show them too.

I know here in Oregon, all weed is labelled for batch number, lot number and who analyzed the bud. Makes for better tracability.

Imagine a bud recall like how stores have product recall :eek:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Moldy rec weed [Re: Magash]
    #825143 - 03/30/17 10:38 AM (7 years, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Here is the picture that G13Labs used for years to advertise there pineapple express

All they did was take the purple out of my picture. Took me forever to get them to take it down,

how come u wanted it taken down? Copyright issues?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Moldy rec weed [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #825145 - 03/30/17 12:42 PM (7 years, 6 minutes ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Quote:

Magash said:

how come u wanted it taken down? Copyright issues?

That and the strain is my ManEater and they were advertising their Pineapple Express seeds with the picture.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#825147 - 03/30/17 01:17 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I'll go to the shop today and see what they say about future returns.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825151 - 03/30/17 04:22 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

They are using it for the wrong plant?

:lol:

Definitely a legit reason to take it down.

One more question: Was that a pic from a grow journal perhaps? I would like to check it out if so.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Re: Moldy rec weed [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #825166 - 03/30/17 10:27 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Went to the store, the girl I was suppose to talk to wasn't there, the other manager swapped me with another jar from a previous batch. I decided to not bother trying for the cash and give the grower another chance. Plus there were a bunch of cute girls around and I didn't want to look like a cheapskate asking about their return policy.

The Verdict: Smells like mold as soon as I opened it. I took the scope to it in the parking lot and found a few small spots but nothing major. I looked at two samples and have been checking out the nugs at home more closely. There's one big nug in there so I focused on that. No mold on it, and when I broke it open I finally got the pure aroma of the bud. Still over dried and not very smooth. An alright flavor in the first rip with but rough smoke nonetheless.

The smell of mold becomes obvious when you've got the nose for it. That certain tinge of mildew when you take a big sniff. Your brain is programed to sense it. Moldy bud is just so common that people think that its part of the experience.

I was at the doctors office today, lungs sound clear.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds