Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJml417
Stranger
Looking for good drip system, hydro grow
    #824925 - 03/20/17 11:40 AM (7 years, 10 days ago)

I'm trying to figure out a good hydroponic,aeroponic system, which is effective and can be used for multiple plants, I only ask because I'm gonna have little time to water plants and kind of let them do there own thing but there are so many options just asking for some help to narrow my search down, any suggestions? Thank you:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for good drip system, hydro grow [Re: Jml417]
    #824926 - 03/20/17 01:35 PM (7 years, 10 days ago)

I just switched to drip irrigation from the hardware store. Basically just 1/2" hose that feeds 1/4" lines. I'm not sold for big plants but for small one's its pretty nice being able to pipe the lines to each plant. Use a hole punch tool to connect the 1/4" barbs into the 1/2" hose and route as needed. Plug as needed. The hose is stiff, but I saw they sold a less stiff one when I went to a different store. I'll get that next time for sure.

for 5 gallon pots you need too many of them. 2 line's is not enough, you need more like 4 or 5. Or you can also get sprayers that spread the water out. I was going to put T's on the ends but I lost those somewhere between the hardware store and the garden. Those parts all add up here and there.

I like the shower rings I built for my last garden . Basically its a 1/2" hose loop with a T to each plant that goes to a piece of stiff hose with holes drilled in it. I was a little tired of building them cause they take a bit of work getting the holes all drilled out and melted for uniformity (which was never perfect) but then I got a new drill that is faster and it drills the hose out cleanly. Pretty simple to build with basic hardware and only about a dollar each to build. Much less than $10-20 for the one's at the hydro store that clog up cause the holes are small.

You could even add spray misters if you wanted to spread the water out even more, but that's just added cost and not needed if you built the ring right.

Super flex hose every time. The 100' roll of 1/2" is around $30 at hydro stores and should last a long time. You'll need more than expected, so don't bother buying it by the foot unless your in a small area.

1/2" threaded PVC pipe will fit right into the pump. Its a little tight and it can cause damage if you over tighten. It also lets you put on the 3/4" super flex directly on it without any fittings. I suggest you buy that stuff by the foot if you need it. I like using it for drain hose to make sure the trays don't have standing water waiting to drain.

I like drain to waste, just raise the trays up and have a bucket that you can collect the runoff in.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for good drip system, hydro grow [Re: phychotron]
    #824927 - 03/20/17 02:21 PM (7 years, 10 days ago)

They also sell manifolds for the drip irrigation if you want to hard pipe an area then have multiple feed lines from one spot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bird-6-Port-Free-Flow-Manifold-MANIFRE1PK/202262488

You can just get a manifold (1 to 12 ports) on a 1/2" PVC pipe to a pump. Just need a little 1/4" tube. Its a cheap way to try out without having to buy the barbs or punch tool. The punch tool is actually quite the bitch to line up right.

They may need pressure/flow regulation if your doing a large amount or unequal hose length but with just a few you should be fine.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineJml417
Stranger
Re: Looking for good drip system, hydro grow [Re: phychotron]
    #824937 - 03/21/17 12:11 AM (7 years, 9 days ago)

Damn man shit is gonna be a pain to setup I feel like... Ima have to do research...

OfflineEraisia
Stranger
Loc: Indiana Simonton Lake
Re: Looking for good drip system, hydro grow [Re: Jml417]
    #847535 - 03/12/21 05:25 AM (3 years, 17 days ago)

I have also been looking for something like this for a long time and I have hardly found it. I searched all over the internet and I asked acquaintances to get something qualitative and I'm glad that in the end, I solved this problem. A month ago I started looking for an expandable hose and just as much time passed until I found exactly what I was looking for. I was lucky with this site where I found the best expandable hose consumer reports and from there I found new and useful information. I am so happy that today with the help of the internet so many problems can be solved. It really is wonderful.

Edited by Eraisia (03/13/21 07:11 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds