Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineParadox420
Stranger
 User Gallery

How long before my plants done?
    #824292 - 03/01/17 03:13 PM (7 years, 29 days ago)

Okay so this is my first grow ever. I do not know the strain because I wanted to experiment with growing first so I just used a seed from Mexican brick weed. I vegged her for a month and she is now in her 7th week of flower and looks to be finishing up. What do you guys think? It looks to be more of a sativa hybrid so I'm guessing it still has a couple more weeks to go. Thank for the replies!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: How long before my plants done? [Re: Paradox420]
    #824294 - 03/01/17 03:21 PM (7 years, 29 days ago)

I believe thats a personal choice.

From what Ive read in the past, u get a microscope or strong loupe (hand scope) and look inside the trichomes. If they are cloudy white, harvest. If they are clear, u can harvest or wait until they are cloudy. If they are golden inside the trichromes (starts off clear then turns white then turns golden), then harvest.

Someone correct me if im wrong...

OfflineMof
Male

Re: How long before my plants done? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #824322 - 03/02/17 08:26 AM (7 years, 28 days ago)

looks like another two to three weeks
but if you grow it another two to three weeks then stop giving it nutrients it'll be bigger

so anywhere from 3-5 weeks, ideally 70% the pistols should turn brown and recede

flushing is a pain in the ass you either want to smoke too soon or you end up waiting til the very end, but it makes the smoke less harsh

like the other guy said the sugar should look bendy or maybe even have a amber tint, but the amber tint takes way longer then the brown pistols and it's more for smell then anything

Edited by Mof (03/02/17 08:29 AM)

Offlineice
Stranger
Re: How long before my plants done? [Re: Mof]
    #824323 - 03/02/17 09:01 AM (7 years, 28 days ago)

get yourself a jewelers loupe, mine has two lenses, one lense is 30x magnification the second lense is 60x magnification, i paid like 6 bucks for it (american dollar) plus a couple bucks for shipping, its well worth the money to get peek potency. amazon has a great selection.
look at the trichomes, I harvest when i see about 1/4 to 1/2 of the bulbs turn milky, when the bulbs turn amber that meens there beginning to degrade. but its totally normal to have an amber colored bulb here and there, not much you can do about that, look for milky colored bulbs.
flush your soil the last two weeks, it makes a huge difference in your finished product. for one its less harsh on your throat, that alone makes it worth flushing. I run 2 gallons of water to every 1 gallon of soil when i flush.

Offlineice
Stranger
Re: How long before my plants done? [Re: ice]
    #824327 - 03/02/17 09:30 AM (7 years, 28 days ago)

those buds are looking really good. looking at how long those hairs are, id estimate another 3 weeks, maybe longer depending what percent sativa it is.
your leaf ends are curling downward, most likely either there getting too much nitrogen or your not letting your soil dry enough before you water.at that stage you want very little nitrogen, if you have too much N in your dryed buds, theyll still burn ofcourse, but theyll burn much better with little to no nitrogen left locked in the buds.
as far as watering, when i grow in soil i use 2 gallon pots, I water when when my top soil is dry 1/2 inch to 1 inch deep. when you water, water enough that a good bit of the water comes out of the bottom of your pot, sounds obvious, but i have seen so many people who just barely water, if you water until it comes out the bottom then you drasticly reduce the chances that youll have dry spots in you pots.

besides that man, they look great. nice job. invest in some good genetic seeds, pick a mother and just clone off your mother. well worth the money to buy good genetic seeds one time.
myself, i grow my plants untill i can get two clones off each plant, label wich mother plant the clones came off from, then flower the mother plants, when the mothers are finished flowering, decide wich one did the best as far as potency and weight produced, keep the clones that were cut off that plant for a mother.

OfflineParadox420
Stranger
 User Gallery

#824344 - 03/02/17 03:11 PM (7 years, 28 days ago)

The nitrogen toxicty was probably from all the chicken poop that was in the compost years before. I think I flushed it out though because the leaves started yellowing at the 5th week of flower and from what I had looked up that was a sign of nitrogen deffiencieny so I gave it one feeding of fertilizer to delay it a bit. As for flushing, do I need to flush if I'm only using bud candy? The only time I've used fertilizer is the time above^. The compost I'm using was filled with nutes and already had the perfect pH so I didn't think it was necessary plus I wanted an organic grow. As for watering I water her with a gallon of water every 3 days or when I start to notice the leaves drooping a bit.

Offlineice
Stranger
Re: How long before my plants done? [Re: Paradox420]
    #824372 - 03/03/17 11:59 AM (7 years, 27 days ago)

dont wait for the leaves to droop, marijuana likes to go through wet/dry cycles, but if the leaves start to droop your waiting too long to water, that puts stress on the plant, use your soil to tell you when they need water, i use 2 gallon pots, when the top 1/2 inch is dry I water, if your using say a 5 gallon bucket, wait till the top 1 inch is dry. off subject, but do you add anything to your soil, nonorganic? i know some people who add all kinds of shit, peat moss, vermiculite, etc... if all that extra stuff works for you, awesome. in my experience (17 years of indoor growing) 50/50 top soil and pearlite, because of the pearlite you will have to water more often, but its worth it, the pearlite will allow more oxygen to get to your roots, the more oxygen your roots can take in the more nutes they can handle. wich will lead to larger yeilds and healthier plants.
nitrogen toxicity and deficiency are easy to diagnose, if you have a deficiency your new growth will be nice and green, but the old growth will be turning yellow, thats because nitrogen is mobile, meaning the plant can move nitrogen from one part of the plant to another part of the plant, with N defiency the new growth needs nitrogen alot more than the old growth needs it, so it moves from the old growth at the bottom of plant up to where its needed.
N toxicity will be the exact opposite, your old growth will be nice and green and your new growth will be yellowing.
when your leaves begin to yellow dont immediately jump to thinking Nitrogen right away, there could be a deficiency or toxicity having to do with other macronutrients or even micronutrients that will cause yellowing, u could even have too much of "X" nutrient that is blocking another nutrient from being taking in by your plant. I read an excellent book years ago that covers alot of everything, if you can, read this book, it will answer alot of your questions, and it has a good section on toxicity and deficiency of all the micro and macro nutrients.
marijuana growers bible, by jeorge cervantes. I think thats the name of it, its something close to that title anyway.
as far as flushing, in your case, i probably wouldnt bother to fully flush, but the last weeks only water with straight water no additives, and when you water, make sure you have a decent amount of water run out the bottom of your pot, always. when you water, if you dont water enough to have water come out the bottom of your pots, then what begins to happen is salts build up in your soil, maybe not so much when your organic, (in 17 years iv never done an organic grow, so im not the guy to talk to about organic specifics, I always prefered chemical grows cause with chemical fertilizers I know exactly what im adding to my soil or hydro resevoir, giving that the npk on the bottle is accurate) but i would think that as the nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, etc.. that is in your organics, as it gets broken down to a state that the plants can use, i would think that they still leave behind salts just like chemical fertilizers do, anyway, if the salts build up to too much in your soil, it will lock out some nutrients from your plant, eventually salt build up will get so bad that it locks out all nutrients from your plant and it will even prevent your plant from taking in water. wich will ofcourse kill your plant, even if you notice it soon enough and flush the shit out of your pots, your plant will recover, but now its gone through some serious stress, wich will effect the end product. have you ever had a soil grow that lets say every 3 days you had to water, 6 weeks into the grow, room conditions are all the same and your plant is much larger, it should be taking in even more water, needing to be watered maybe every 2 days, but instead your pots are only drying out after every 8 days (for example) thats salt build up preventing your plant from taking in nutes and water, when you water at any stage of growth, always add enough water so that water comes out the bottom your pot, the water that comes out the bottom carries salts with it, preventing toxic salt build up.

Offlineice
Stranger
    #824373 - 03/03/17 12:14 PM (7 years, 27 days ago)

some people dont like to flush the last couple of weeks cause they think that if they dont add nutes the last two weeks they lose bud weight in the end, u have to remember that the plants store most nutrients in the plant itself to be used at a later time, for example, phosphorous is stored in the root tips. so when you flush your pots, your not leaving your plants high n dry, they still have nutrients stored inside itself it can use, and you want them to use those stored nutes before harvest so that your smoke is better, who wants to smoke stored nutes, you grew those buds, there your babies so youll love em either way, but youll love them even more if theres less stored nutes locked in them.
also, another reason you should always water until some water comes out the bottom of your pot, if you dont, you risk getting dry spots in your soil, during flower your plants uses lots of phosphorous,(among other nutes) phosphorous is stored in the root tips, if you get dry spots in your soil, you run the risk of root tips drying and dying, wich meens less phosphorous for your plant.

Offlineice
Stranger
    #824414 - 03/05/17 04:00 PM (7 years, 25 days ago)

If anyones intersted in reading the book I mentioned a couple post ago, I wrote the wrong name, marijuana growers bible is also a good book, but the book I highly recommend is:

Marijuana horticulture: the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible
by: jorge cervantes

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#824477 - 03/06/17 07:30 PM (7 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

ice said:
If anyones intersted in reading the book I mentioned a couple post ago, I wrote the wrong name, marijuana growers bible is also a good book, but the book I highly recommend is:

Marijuana horticulture: the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible
by: jorge cervantes

I have both books Great books!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder