Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMof
Male

Does anyone know if I should do anything different?
    #824247 - 02/28/17 05:14 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I have two plants in this space instead of one, because now I'm using two smaller pots.

They're about 8 inches deep give or take.

Should I work on topping them or should I bend them?

They're already grown, so I'm pretty much not going to kill one to make room for the other at this point.

I've never topped or bended before... I only do it to make the plants short and to even the canopy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone know if I should do anything different? [Re: Mof]
    #824259 - 02/28/17 08:19 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Those plants look like the type that don't like to be topped. I'd throw them into flower soon if that's the only flower light you have.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Does anyone know if I should do anything different? [Re: phychotron]
    #824269 - 03/01/17 05:14 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Jeez man they're only two weeks old...usually I wait a couple months. Are indica's less receptive to topping? They're critical mass cbd...

so like another month?

.... I don't know which branches to super crop specifically either or when to start doing it.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824271 - 03/01/17 07:30 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Those just have that short-squat look like they want to grow a single cola. a single 100w light is only going to provide so much area coverage and penetration, when its done stretching and filling out you might have too large of a plant if you wait too long.  I'd flip them before they got a foot tall.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMof
Male

#824275 - 03/01/17 09:55 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

true'

when they started I noticed they would bend torwards the white light
it was kind of funny to think about

Offlineice
Stranger
    #824408 - 03/05/17 03:03 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Those just have that short-squat look like they want to grow a single cola. a single 100w light is only going to provide so much area coverage and penetration, when its done stretching and filling out you might have too large of a plant if you wait too long.  I'd flip them before they got a foot tall.

i agree with phychotron, if thats all you have for a light, flip them soon, as is. dont worry about topping and pinching till you get some better lights. you can get a good quality veg light and flower light for around $300 (american dollar), Ya it sucks to spend that money at first, but your first crop under them, will more than pay for the lights in bud weight. just dont go too cheep on the light, I dont remember the brand names, but I had a $200 budget one time, i needed a T5 veg light and an hps light (i went with a 400watt), I got both lights for about $200 (american) they were both completely shit after less than one year.
you get what you pay for.

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Does anyone know if I should do anything different? [Re: ice]
    #824448 - 03/06/17 01:27 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

that light is actually super  dank
it has white lights and u.v. lights in it
as long as you keep it four to six inches away at all times it does the job

i've never even tried growing something above 7 percent thc content, I'm sure I could if I tried though

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824455 - 03/06/17 02:24 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Half of my DS100's have been reduced to 50% power. The last one worked when I put it in storage but only half power now. 6 years old and 3 of them are still working. They were in use probably at least 5 years and stored a few times, dropped more than a few times. They were the early generation from the first manufacturer that they dropped for quality issues. I'm might get the light boards going again by jumping a wire across the burned out diode to complete the circuit, but I've already salvaged 2 of them for drivers and fans.

Its when you keep it 4-6" away that you realize the plants get too large for just one fixture.

I modeled my first LED light off the XTE series. It still needs work but I upgraded it but haven't posted the updates quite yet.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder