Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
How do you clean your airstone?
    #823591 - 02/11/17 05:46 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

So long story short I came home today to a clogged airstone and wilting plant. I'm just curious what you other DWC folks use to clean them? Or is it better just to buy another?

I rather not only because I can't find another 6 inch disc type unfortunately.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you clean your airstone? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #823598 - 02/12/17 12:09 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I soaked mine in hot water with dawn dish soap, used a retired tooth brush to brush loose any build up.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: How do you clean your airstone? [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #823601 - 02/12/17 06:34 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

For my co2 diffusers in my aquarium, I'll soak the stone in undiluted bleach for a few days, then in a dechlorinator solution for a few days (can buy this at any place that sells aquarium supplies). It seems to work pretty well.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you clean your airstone? [Re: Data]
    #823659 - 02/12/17 11:38 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Viniegar works well on a lot of things, including nutrients as they need acid to dissolve them. I dont know about an airstone per se, but i don't see why not. It also disinfects and is easy to wash away. Its good to have a few nylon brushes from the $1 store around just for the garden.

Check ebay for Disc Airstone and see what comes up. one 6" for $11, or six 5" for $24.

One thing I've found is that it is good to have an extra of something that needs occasional maintenance. When one breaks you replace it, then can take your time refurbishing the other. Some things you just don't want to go without for very long.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you clean your airstone? [Re: phychotron]
    #823660 - 02/12/17 11:41 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

six 6" for $33 on the same page, probably your best bet if your in the 6" air stone game.

or go crazy with an 8" for $25.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (02/12/17 11:42 PM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you clean your airstone? [Re: phychotron]
    #823678 - 02/13/17 06:44 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Well guys unfortunately I think she's a gonner. She is still wilting and now some lower branches are drying out. I washed off the roots 2 days ago. Added another airstone and even tried using peroxide. But alas my efforts were not good enough. I have clones going atm. So I'm not worried about losing the genes. Just the 3 months of veg time I lost. Was planning on flowering in a week too. Oh well cold be worse.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823684 - 02/13/17 08:22 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

shitty. I wanted to get into aeroponics but the risks associated with any mild problem are too high for my liking. I will play around with some herbs and maybe some side plants but I just don't like the idea of only having a few hours if anything arises.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#823712 - 02/14/17 06:31 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Well guys unfortunately I think she's a gonner. She is still wilting and now some lower branches are drying out. I washed off the roots 2 days ago. Added another airstone and even tried using peroxide. But alas my efforts were not good enough. I have clones going atm. So I'm not worried about losing the genes. Just the 3 months of veg time I lost. Was planning on flowering in a week too. Oh well cold be worse.

Dam sorry to here this !! I hate losing one  of my girls.Good you have some clones

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates