Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog.
    #823578 - 02/10/17 09:46 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

After a year long struggle to get a garden set up outside my apartment I decided to finally get it up and running on a limited scale. Basically the guy I was growing with is moving and we had to break it down and I got all the plants we were going to flower. I wanted to get rid of them but decided to just keep them and flower them out.

The setup:
750w LED consisting of a DS400 and the light board from a DS400 that was defective and I got up and running again with 50 less watts. I plan to get another 1-200 watts using one or two DS100's off to the side. I'll get those two out of storage this weekend and up sometime next week. 

Closet grow with two 2x4' trays. I built a custom frame to put them on so that I could hook up the plumbing to a drain bucket.  I also lined the walls and doors with panda film. 

Chemdog in 5 gallon airpots of Canna coco coir. I want to use smaller pots but these were already in the big pots for a larger area. Chemdog gets pretty tall, the last time it was all up in the lights before I was able to get to it. I've been planning on it and have been pinching them back daily.  I popped the seed last grow and this is the first generation clone. Greenhouse seeds, ordered in 2012, germinated late 2016.

This was a short veg period, we were going to let them go another month before flowering but I had to just throw them right in so they won't overgrow my closet. I'll get some close ups of the damage I've done to the stems, but they're getting so strong now that I can't pinch them with my fingers at some points.

Day before they went into flower.

I've got a water setup using standard irrigation hose. I've used PVC pipes on the ends with a T in the center. Basically square 8 with the input at the top. So far so good but I may put the input to the very center to even out distribution. I've also propped it up in the center. Its 1/2" superflex hose with two 1/4" tube feed hose. I would prefer 3 or 4 for that pot size but don't want to butcher my hose up, as next grow I'll be using different sized pots with different spacing requirements.

Nutrients are a wide range of products. I've added a new silica (europonic) and ca/mg (Earth Juice). Canna Coco A/B, Cannazym and/or Big Time Enzyme, Canna PK when needed, MBFerts Boost and Verde(veg only, foliar). I haven't mixed nutrients in awhile and the first tank I mixed I used my old formula of 1ml/gal of pH- and dropped my pH down to 3.5. Out of the 15 gallons I had to dump 5 gallons and replace with plain water, then again just to bring the pH up to 5.5. I don't have any pH+. The plants love it though.

I have my EVC-2 controlling my fan/filter. set to 83F or 55% humidity. I had to set the fan speed up today as it was around 88 with the closet door closed. Still working on ventilation. I'm going to have my ozone generator work on a cycle time so that when the fan is on it cycles on and off. The timer I ordered does 1-20s on, 1-20s off. I'll see how that goes with the 25' of ducting at the top of the closet. on one side of the closet I have a wooden support system to hold the ducting in place and be able to slide the doors open or closed if needed, to appear 'normal' when visitors are over.

Day 10 of Flower.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: phychotron]
    #823773 - 02/15/17 09:45 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Tragedy strikes. As I was adding a cross member to support the DS100 I dropped the 2x4 and it landed end down I the center of one of the plants. It miyagi'd my plant to the point I think I'll loose at least 3 of the 4 main branches. One of them was also completely severed and quickly started to wilt. I was quick and tied it up real tight to try and get the branches to mend together but sometimes there's nothing you can do.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: phychotron]
    #823775 - 02/15/17 10:25 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

An equipment showcase. I have the ducting in the S shape waiting for the ozone generator to timer to get working. I received it in the mail but can't get voltage out of it. Maybe its wired wrong, maybe its a piece of shit. I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me. I can smell the plants outside the house. Not just your standard cannabis smoke smell; its that sweet sweet plant dankness. It needs to get going soon.

stuck the cross member between the fan and air filter. The air filter is not in the right spot, it needs to be on the input with a fan on it. No input yet, no extra fan to spare or place to put it. Its fairly large. Custom built the box to house 16x20" furnace filters. I might add a carbon to that end if the doesn't work out the way I hope.

output. So far I just close the sliding door to the edge of the vent and let the panda film inside wrap around and sorta seal the door. Some light leaks but its in a dark corner of the house and seems negligible. I've been slowly patching them as the days goes on and have a few small areas to work on.

The cross members and joints of the 2x4's are all done with metal brackets. About 50 cents each I had a few laying around from the past few gardens, as well as the lumber. They're invaluable. Should be easy to dismantle and leave a minimal amount of damage.

An equipment nightmare, slowly working on sorting it all out.

Nutrient tank epicenter. 18 gallon rubbermaid roughneck on 2x4 frame I built with castor rollers for easy access. The 5 gallon bucket is the drain. Every couple of days I run the hose to the sink and empty the waste. Ignore that mess on the desk. Its a construction site nightmare.

Two pumps. The larger pump T's to the feed line with its valve open full blast. The other side of the T has its valve cracked as an anti-siphon, otherwise the nutrient tank would empty itself after the pump turned off. That feeds the plants twice a day. Once on lights on and about 8 hours later for 30-60seconds. The second pump has a T with an S shape. This comes on 2x a day to mix the nutrient take for 15 minutes. When I'm mixing up nutrients I turn that pump on to stir. I could also fiddle with the valves on the other pump and have an extra effect but I don't want to mess with them cause they're set proper and I might forget to turn it back later.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823855 - 02/17/17 05:01 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Tested some things with the Kill-A-Watt meter.

Lights: 945 watts (12 hours a day)
Box fan: 50w (24/7)
Small fan: 31w (24/7)
double fan: 62w (24/7)
exhaust fan: 180-210w (24/7)
feed pump: 19w when running, 1.2w for the controller 24/7
re-circulation pump: 24w 2x a day for 15 minutes.
Dehumidifier: 61/68/390w when low/high/compresser on(high) I'll determine how much it uses in a 24 hour period and average it.

I'll get some calculations up later to factor in electricity costs.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#823857 - 02/17/17 05:28 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet grow man !! Ill be watching :jackiechanofapproval:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #823937 - 02/20/17 01:07 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

The spigot I added to my water heater inlet. Its much easier to turn a valve than to plug a pump in to a bucket and run a hose to the bathroom. Here I can just leave the hose and pull it out when needed.

Day 20 first flush. Started PK today.

Things are getting bushy.

The fan controller I added to keep the speed down at night is kind of a pain in the ass because it goes up and down so often that I hear it hum and silence every 3 seconds as it just barely pushes the fan a little bit faster. It needs to just be at a constant high or low depending on day period. Odd they don't make one, least not one's you can control the speed independently. I'll be building my own day/night speed controller. I'll keep that posted when the parts arrive.

--------------------

Edited by phychotron (02/20/17 01:15 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824093 - 02/24/17 05:09 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Excess heat is causing some issues. I turned the temp down to 77 to compensate. The lights are too close so I raised them up as much I could. There's not much I can do about it without drilling new holes in the ceiling for hooks and sprinkling all my plants with drywall dust. Pinching them back was a bit strange too, as they were softer stems and didn't really snap. I was using my fingernails to do damage to slow the stretch but accidentally topped a nice cola so I stopped.

Red hairs prematurely and tacoing. Flushed and started adding PK this week, but then last night the feed pump controller was on randomly because I accidentally unplugged it and plugged it back in a second later, I should have waited a few minutes for the electronics to reset. I manually fed them because the pots were getting dry. I also added a little fog/mister to help keep the humidity up a bit more, as the temps were a bit high when the humidity was in the 40% range. Its plugged into the light timer to run in the day.

PPM going in was 800, runoff around 300. I filled the tank again but reduced the amount of base nutrients and didn't add ca/mg or silica.

Dehumidifier was running constantly at first, pulling 2-3 reservoirs full a day but now the weather's cleared up and the apartment is a bit drier its not nearly as active. I also set the humidity up to 70% on it and will adjust it down as I see fit. Been opening the windows a bit to help relieve the heat and humidity from the apartment as it builds up as well.

Tanks scum, apparently I need to wash it every 2-3 tanks.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#824107 - 02/24/17 08:08 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Dam I hate heat prob. Thats y I only grow indoor in the winter and outdoor in the summer.  Good luck man hope you get it dialed in!

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #824115 - 02/25/17 10:26 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like a hermie flower. Not sure why ur making efforts to both raise and lower humidity. Running a mister and dehumidifier seems a little silly i guess new toys u want to use lol.
Trusted cultivator hehe

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Theman]
    #824122 - 02/25/17 11:12 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

The temperatures/humidity is going up and down so I'm trying to stabilize a minimum amount of humidity. I think it might have been the curtain in front of the closet that sorta dropped down in front of the main vent and it was recycling air. It was 89 and 40% humidity when I checked yesterday.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824158 - 02/26/17 02:35 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

So the mister ends up doing too much work and I disconnected it. So far so good today, getting the doors/curtain set up to not recycle the air helps a lot. Temperature is 79F and 62% humidity.

SO what gives with this tacoing leaves and premature red hairs?  pH issue. Turns out the meter is complete shit, reading 6.4 when the drops read 4-5. It all makes sense now, leaf curling is a symptom of pH problems. I probably read that a long time ago but never had the problems so I for about it. Then this morning I randomly woke up thinking "I need to check my pH" and before I even smoked a bowl figured out I'm way too acidic. So now its time to flush again and adjust the nutrient tank. Got some pH+ to solve the problem.

My last house took 1ml/gal of pH-, but this new place is much less than that. going from 150-200ppm tap water to 50-80 seems to make the difference.

--------------------

Offlineweezy420
Stranger

#824178 - 02/27/17 11:42 AM (7 years, 30 days ago)

:goodluck: :cookiemonster:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: weezy420]
    #824180 - 02/27/17 04:23 PM (7 years, 30 days ago)

The nutrients were definitely bad. I have a small pot with a few various plants inside, including an onion that died since pouring the rest of the last rest tank near it. The acidity killed the roots.

It will take a few more days till they start to recover but I have high hopes. They're already starting to feel like normal again in the stalks. They're firm again.

It rained today... at least I made it rain. Bought a new sprayer for foliar stuff and tested it out by giving the plants a light shower. I noticed some debris on some of the leaves from when I was moving stuff around on the top shelf and wanted to get it off the leaves for awhile now. The thing was a little wonkey at first but once I figured out to adjust both the tip and the pressure it works pretty good. $10 for a 1 gallon sprayer with a wand. These things are essential if you ever have to do any spraying for bugs, which I had just done today in the veg tent. Those hand spray bottle suck. Plus you kinda need the wand to get in the mix of things. I always start with the underside of the leaves on a few plants before moving to the tops, as they're usually soaked from the over-spray.

Sprayed the veg tent with montereys garden spray to control thrips. Got some black flies around the house, either thrips or fungus gnats or both. I sprayed the flower room down a few days ago but forgot to get to the veg tent till today. I'll be watching and keeping an eye on things and spraying again in a few days. I'll probably end up having to buy some more of the stuff because my bottle is getting kinda old and I want to make sure its still the best it can be.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824204 - 02/27/17 11:51 PM (7 years, 30 days ago)

Did a bit more skirting to clean up the lower branches and allow for airflow and prevent any overcrowding. Mostly just removed the crispy dead leaves but a few of the smallest branches got taken out as well.

I already noticed some recovered growth with the hairs growing out white and healthy looking at the base and pushing the red tips out. Its impossible to tell in the photo though.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#824205 - 02/28/17 01:38 AM (7 years, 30 days ago)

I dunno man u sure those arent hermi? Really look like hernie flowers starting. Cant truly see alot from photos but compare to this....

http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/growweedeasy.com/files/hermie-plant-pollen-sacs-pistils.jpg

Offlinetvbfe
Male

Loc: Flag
    #824211 - 02/28/17 09:09 AM (7 years, 29 days ago)

Glad to here they are on the road to recovery.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#824219 - 02/28/17 11:20 AM (7 years, 29 days ago)

Nice setup! I agree with theman though- those don't look right. Especially this one 

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Scribbler]
    #824281 - 03/01/17 11:02 AM (7 years, 28 days ago)

I'm pretty sure it'll be fine once it starts to get fed properly. The guy I was growing with had this problem last time at first and the plants recovered. We shall see though.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#824308 - 03/01/17 09:16 PM (7 years, 28 days ago)

Ahh the leaves will be fine but the hermie flowers wont be ok :wink: anyway will know in a week or so.

Good luck!

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Theman]
    #824315 - 03/02/17 01:02 AM (7 years, 28 days ago)

:whathesaid: good luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds