Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheShroomster01
Stranger

Flowering 45 days old clones
    #823464 - 02/06/17 09:30 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Hello.

I've been watching the videos of Greensouse Seeds, and the they that they root their clones for 14 days and veg them for 17 days.

After one week the size has quadrupled in their vids.

Is that really possible?
It looks so insane.

Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flowering 45 days old clones [Re: TheShroomster01]
    #823469 - 02/06/17 01:39 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

That was on the mother plant 27 days prior and the original leaves you can see have no tips.

I like to use an aerocloner and get roots in as little as 3 days, but 7-10 days is about standard.

Day 8 of the cloner and they're perfect for planting.
https://files.growery.org/files/g12-40/926934839-Roots_day_8_-_Grape_God.jpg

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheShroomster01
Stranger

Re: Flowering 45 days old clones [Re: phychotron]
    #823794 - 02/16/17 10:44 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

That looks pretty good.

I guess i'm going for the aerocloner at some point.
Those smart pots seems to do a good job too.

What soil mix do you use?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823796 - 02/16/17 11:27 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I start the plants in the 1L pots with 50/50 coco coir and 'seed starting' mix that's fine ground peat and lime. After that I use pure Canna brand coco in larger pots. The seed starting mix sucks on its own but helps the small clones root and transition in the first few days to prevent any nutrient deficiencies.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheShroomster01
Stranger

#823830 - 02/17/17 04:32 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Do you know what kind of lime? I have som calcium carbonate (CaCO3) or garden lime as it's called. Would that do the job?

I guess you're not adding Mg when you have the peat in the mix, do you?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823836 - 02/17/17 10:19 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I don't mix the stuff myself, but I think it might be hydrated lime. They have it at most gardening centers. It doesn't work for shit on its own because its too compact and wont wet. Without adding coco the stuff will let a pool of water build up and sit on top over night, and when you dig into the pot its dry half an inch down.

I don't feed the plant nutrients until it starts to show signs of needing it, then once I learn the plants response I can get the first feed to it before it needs it in future generations. Then its just regular nutrient formula from there on. Pretty much full strength from that point on, maybe plain water occasionally in the first few weeks to be on the safe side.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomster01
Stranger

#823848 - 02/17/17 03:23 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah okay. It sounds like it's holding a lot of lime when acting like that.

I don't feed before the first signs either. I guess i just need to mix in some Mg when i make my coir/perlite medium so they won't make a lockout.

Im guessing the plain water is to aviod build ups in the medium?
I read somewhere that coir tends to create build ups and one should make small flushes once a week. What do you think about that?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823849 - 02/17/17 03:32 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Coco flushes easily. Coco works well with drain to waste, so that your constantly pushing a little extra out of the pots every time you water. I've watered without runoff in the past and been fine, as a lot of people do. I tend to flush once mid flower before starting P-K and once toward the end to harvest. After the flush they start to die from lack of nutrients. Coco doesn't hold nutrients very well, that's one of its advantages.

You might not need to treat the coco if its in a bag when you bought it, maybe just keep a little Mg in your nutrients to replenish what is already there.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomster01
Stranger

#823851 - 02/17/17 03:44 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Okay that's nice to know. Have you changed to watering untill runoff and if yes why if it works fine?

When you flush midt flower, do you let it dry out before watering with nutes again or do you just go as you've done all the time?

The coco is in bricks from CocoStar. I don't have it yet so i haven't read the declaration yet. I don't really know what it contains yet.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823854 - 02/17/17 04:51 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I have a little runoff now but not much. I try and get it to come out a little so that I know the coco stays saturated. Canna coco was designed to hold the perfect moisture/air levels after draining. When you water you displace air with water and then it pulls in new air, then as it dries it pulls more in. I prefer to water 2x a day instead of once every 2 days, even if it is the same amount of water/nutrients. 

Once its flushed its right back to full strength nutrients the next feeding, or plain water if it was the pre harvest flush.

Most bricks are untreated and I've never really liked them in the few times I've played around with them. They almost always need to be treated but I've heard of bricks coming out recently that are suppose to be ready to grow. Coco has gained popularity over the past 3 decades, with Canna starting the trend by developing the medium.

Prior to Canna figuring out how to treat it,  everyone mostly used coco as a soil amendment outside. Now it seems everyone has a coco specific liquid hydroponic nutrient line these days. But remember, Canna started it. Their coco is better than the rest. They don't like perlite in theirs because they blended it perfectly and claim the coco is better than the perlite for the plants. Its reusable so it ends up being fairly cheap over its lifespan. $20 for a bag of soil you use once or $20 for a bag of coco you use 5 times...

Check out my latest grow log for my current setup.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomster01
Stranger

#823948 - 02/20/17 04:51 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Okay that sounds logical with the  runoff.
In your setup i see you have a watering system and i do not have that.
I have to admit that i didn't plan on watering twice day, more like once or twice a week following BioBizz' nute chart.

With my former grows this have been my way of watering with fine results, but am i better off with watering more often and with less nutes?
The thought with the perlite was to make it hold even more air though.

This is the brick that i've bought, and it's made for growing, so i don't really think that i need to add Ca og Mg actually. I doesn't state the content on the package though.

With those prices i think i'll be trying out the Canna Coco is the bricks from CocoStar doesn't work, they are pretty cheap too with $0,11 pr. L.

Your plants have really grow a lot the first week of flower i must say.
I hope i'll get the same results with my clones when that time comes.

Edit:
I've just bought the Viparspectra PAR600 which is able to be controlled in the specs red, white and blue. Would it be fine just using blue and white for veg., or should i just go with full spec all the way through?

Edited by TheShroomster01 (02/20/17 05:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag