Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrit
Stardawg BX1 * 1
    #823395 - 02/04/17 06:24 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Ghost OG/Stardawg x Stardawg from Greenpoint

This is going to be a long drawn out journal as I'm starting this really early before I even know if I have a female (fingers crossed I get a nice one).

Started 3 seeds (didn't keep track of date, possibly 4-5 weeks ago), all popped no problem and seem to be nice plants so far. Probably going to be 2-4 weeks yet before I have space to get a couple cuts off these and then sex them to see if I have a female, maybe they will show before then. I will also more than likely keep a male, I'm interested in trying out a pollen chuck.
I know I can throw these in flower right now, but I rather take a clone and keep track what plant is what. I like to keep my original seed plant as my mom and work off that.

So here's the young plants, I like their structure and they have some tough ass hard branches so far for being so young. My favorite one is the squat middle plant, it has a nice gas/skunk nose already.

I'll update as things progress

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: Grit] * 1
    #823415 - 02/04/17 03:18 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Nice looking plants. Very healthy.

Good luck :thumbup:

:popcorn:

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #823431 - 02/05/17 07:54 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Subbd.
Been running the heck out of a dawg Cross from gp.
Sitting bull is the one.
I really like the pheno I've found, will be keeping for quite awhile I expect..
Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: ashfiken] * 1
    #823442 - 02/05/17 01:52 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Lookin good ! Subbed!:stayfunky:

OfflineGrit
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #823447 - 02/05/17 04:05 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Hey thanks for stopping in guys! Damn I hope at least one of those plants are female.

OfflineGrit
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: ashfiken]
    #823448 - 02/05/17 04:10 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ashfiken said:
Subbd.
Been running the heck out of a dawg Cross from gp.
Sitting bull is the one.
I really like the pheno I've found, will be keeping for quite awhile I expect..
Cheers

Did you get a chance to score any of the RHS testers he was giving out? I didn't, but I'll buy a pack when they're released for sale.

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: Grit]
    #823452 - 02/05/17 08:35 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Nope sure didn't , What is RHS?

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineGrit
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: ashfiken]
    #823456 - 02/05/17 09:21 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Red headed stranger

OfflineRabbit88
Stranger
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: Grit] * 1
    #823477 - 02/07/17 03:38 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Subbed

OfflineGrit
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: Rabbit88]
    #823584 - 02/11/17 07:37 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Alright got these 3 Stardawgs topped today, actually took 2 cuts from each one. Couple other strains in the cloner, some gorilla breath and 2 purple cactus (cactus x purple hulk) from In House Genetics. I got my buddy to root and then sex the Stardawgs at his house because I dont have the space right now. I'm letting him have all the cuttings for helping me out. This is helping me big time as it will shave a good couple weeks from my original schedule. Hopefully end up with a nice female from the SD and get this journal moving. Damn, the shorter Stardawg plant is absolutely rank smelling too, super pungent.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: Grit] * 2
    #823657 - 02/12/17 11:20 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Nice clone bucket. If you want to take more clones just put them in 3-5 per site, the -+ shape separates them well enough. I prefer to use the older, less tight clone collars because the roots grow into them when they're tight and new. Plus some of them will allow for a little water to spray up and mist the plants to keep them hydrated. I've been able to keep it in a low humidity area with no dome thanks to just old dried out clone collars. If your gonna load it up its good to take the tips of the leaves off to avoid a traffic jam, but I've been able to get upwards of 45 in a bucket that size with 13 sites.

Planting them when the roots are only this long makes it much easier with amazing starts from the plant. You only need to get them started, not grow a foot and a half long root entanglement. I think the plant prefers to put the roots in exactly where its needed in the soil, not just building roots that are suited for life in an aerocloner.

If I had to guess the one on the left is male. They tend to be tall and lanky.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #823658 - 02/12/17 11:21 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, and scrape technique for the win with the aerocloner.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineGrit
Re: Stardawg BX1 [Re: phychotron]
    #823664 - 02/13/17 05:19 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Nice clone bucket. If you want to take more clones just put them in 3-5 per site, the -+ shape separates them well enough. I prefer to use the older, less tight clone collars because the roots grow into them when they're tight and new. Plus some of them will allow for a little water to spray up and mist the plants to keep them hydrated. I've been able to keep it in a low humidity area with no dome thanks to just old dried out clone collars. If your gonna load it up its good to take the tips of the leaves off to avoid a traffic jam, but I've been able to get upwards of 45 in a bucket that size with 13 sites.

Planting them when the roots are only this long makes it much easier with amazing starts from the plant. You only need to get them started, not grow a foot and a half long root entanglement. I think the plant prefers to put the roots in exactly where its needed in the soil, not just building roots that are suited for life in an aerocloner.

If I had to guess the one on the left is male. They tend to be tall and lanky.

Yeah my clone bucket is a spare, I only use it when I want to do 12 or less...I also have a 60 site ez cloner. I know that picture of mine wasnt the best and it's probably hard to tell, but yeah I do cut the tips off some leaves.

I'm going to take your pro-tip and plant my next run of clones after they just start to root like in your picture. Normally I wait 12-14 days and have long ass root system that sometimes get tangled up, usually I can pull them out carefully with minimal damage, but it is a mess sometimes. I'm actually setting up the big 60 site this morning and going to do clones tomorrow morning, I like to set my cloner up a day before I do cuttings to let the resovoir solution reach room temperature. It probably isnt necessary to do that, its just an old habit.

I'm curious how you mix up your clone solution, do you use just plain ph corrected water or do you use clonex liquid? I use clonex liquid, rapid start and Florablend in my resovoir. Clones seem to really like that Florablend, I've noticed my roots are thicker and fuller since I've started using it in the cloners. I always dip the cuttings in clonex root gel too before they go in the cloner.

What's that scraping technique you mentioned?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823665 - 02/13/17 07:21 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I cut the plants down, put the cuttings in water while I'm trimming things back. Sometimes I'll have some super thrive in there. Then clean the side branches off then take a thin scrape of the skin on 1-2 places down the stem about an inch at the bottom. Basically just removing the outer most layer of cells. The scarification promotes rooting. You can kind of tell in the photos that they roots are growing sorta in a line.

Then using a plate of water I cut the clone to length (under water to prevent an air bubble forming in the stem) at a 45 degree angle. Then I load them up in the cloner. I've just been adding tap water with about 2-5ml of superthrive per gallon. Superthrive is IBA (rooting hormone) and B vitamins. Pretty much everything they need. No need to adjust pH as were not going to be dealing with any nutrient uptake.

Basically most cloning solutions are going to have IBA in it as the main ingredient. I think there might be one or two products out there that use something different or add another hormone but I've never noticed any difference in the way the aerocloner performs. The benefit of them is that they spray and let air out. Dipping clones gets old. I've tried clonex, olivias, dip-n-grow, rooting powder and superthrive. Superthrive is a bit cheaper sometimes and easy to find.

My grandma used to just pick a branch off a plant she liked around town, stick it in a champagne glass of water in the kitchen window and in a few weeks would have roots.  And so knowing that I've used plain water in it with decent results. A little slower but still manageable. I've even taken clones with no solution just straight into coco/soil.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823666 - 02/13/17 08:22 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Grit said:
I use clonex liquid, rapid start and Florablend in my resovoir. Clones seem to really like that Florablend, I've noticed my roots are thicker and fuller since I've started using it in the cloners. I always dip the cuttings in clonex root gel too before they go in the cloner.

Does it propagate them any faster? I'd save the florablend and rapid start for when you transplant them and keep the cloner as simple as possible with just clonex. In theory you shouldn't need to dip them if the clonex is in the bucket, but you gotta play around and see if your wasting your time and nutrients or not.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds