Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt (SPIDER MITES GONE)
    #822743 - 01/17/17 10:59 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

After a long hiatus, im back at growing da weed.

A little history. My first grow was going great, an indoor all cfl grow, but i got caught by the cops with my big mouth and they killed my plant. Fail One.

Fail two last year. I tried to grow an OG Kush outdoors. It got cold, i killed it. Very sad.

Third attempt, today in 2017.

I got these two plants for Christmas as an Xmas present from my GF. And she was kind enough to gift me a "Grow/Hangout Space" in the upstairs garage as well.

This is about three weeks into the grow....

Purple Martian:

Blue City Diesel:

Changes Ive made so far: Ive currently got two large black pots (not sure the size). These ones pictured will be their final pots. They came from the small starter pots that most herbs u buy at stores come in. Ive changed the lighting. For 3 weeks, BCD had a 27 watt 5,000K CFL inside an old desktop lamp and the PurMar had a 19 watt 5,000K CFL bulb hanging from a wire. Both plants are inside FoxFarm Ocean soil and Im using FoxFarm Grow Big liquid ferts with a 1-2 capful to 1 gallon mix rate. Also, Ive cut some sick-looking leaves off or just trimmed them to help the plants grow better.

I didnt take any good pics at the time I was gifted them at Christmas, so these are my starting photos.

Future Plans:

In the near future, I want to create a nice-looking homemade cedar wood Hang-man type structure that goes around the pots (one structure for each pot) to hold up a custom-made wooden light holder. The wooden light holder will hold my grow bulbs and will be supported by chains connected to the Hangman-type structure.

Hopefully soon. Right now the lighting is jerry-rigged but works :shrug:

Why CFL?

Three reasons why Im using CFL over HID or HPS. First, its what I started with back on my first grow in 2010. I want to see what results i can get with just CFL lighting. Secondly, its quite cost effective and efficient and i dont have to spend a ton of money on it. Third, it provides some heat with light. I feel that LED wouldnt make enough heat (Im not using a heater yet, hopefully not ever). I need some heat from the light source to warm the plants up a bit since it is January in the PNW and its quite cold at night. Sometimes freezing. Ive noticed slow growth which i expected from the cold weather.

Next grow I might try other lighting options. But for today, Im liking the CFLs. Shitty house lights but great grow lights :yesnod:

Will make posts with major updates in the future. Stay tuned....

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (07/05/17 10:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #822764 - 01/18/17 08:32 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck, and you know what "they" say if at first you don't succeed try,try again. A little advice I'd get a digital thermometer n see what ur temps are overnight, if it gets as cold as you say you might wake up to a dead plant.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: blueberry D]
    #822775 - 01/18/17 11:04 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

good point.

I will look into that. Also, i just found out Ocean Forest is loaded with organic ferts so i should feed plain water to my plants. Im avoiding Ocean Foest next time, i didnt know it was "pre-fertilized". Me no like that.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #822919 - 01/22/17 06:26 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Sweet grow man I'll be watching . I use ffoc soil good stuff don't have to feed for like the first months easy peasy ! But each to there own!

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #822948 - 01/24/17 03:50 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Yah, i stopped feeding when i read in a thread the soil is "hot" (meaning packing with nutrients).

Im trying both water and diulted Grow Big to see what happens.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#822986 - 01/25/17 05:56 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Update: Jan 22nd, 2017

*Purple Martian*

My Purple Martian is doing pretty good. Ive noticed some purple on the leaves! I hope thats from the strain and not some nutrient deficiency.

Ive also noticed the lower leaves are browning on the edges. Not sure why.

But its grown quite a bit in one week :smile:

- Blue City Diesel -

Nice green on my Blue City. The lower leaves do have more browning on the edges than the Purple Martian, but I will deal with that later.

There is some green/light-green splochyness on the leaves. Not sure what that is.

Also i noticed some purple coloring on the top leaves. Not sure if its from the strain or not.

Still pleased :smile:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#822995 - 01/26/17 07:09 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldnt feed them!Give just plain water phed . Those plants are def. burn and or  locked up? Just give them plain water for a while they should bounce back and green up.keep us updated also you can tell by the stem being purple don't think its strain realated.

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (01/26/17 07:14 AM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #823011 - 01/26/17 11:37 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah those plants look pretty unhappy. I'd do what bud grower suggested.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #823015 - 01/26/17 04:33 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

alright, will do.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823030 - 01/27/17 02:28 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Could it also be cold stress?

I was reading and it said here that cold can make stems go purple: https://www.growery.org/2991/Diagnosis

Im growing in my garage and it has no heating and no insulation. Likely geta into the low 40s.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #823040 - 01/27/17 07:08 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

yes it could be from cold but dang The growth is slowed by cold too you need to find a way to heat your grow up to 70 or 75

That also could be y your plants are having a hard time. Its always sunny and 75 in my basement lol

If your soil gets to cold roots might die and slow growth too  Just put a heater out there of some kind and get a thermometer so you know what your grow room is . Trust me you bring the temp up to 70-75 your plants will love it  Just tryin to help ya out:stayfunky:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823045 - 01/27/17 02:15 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

thanks.

Wish i could but the power bill is currently really high and i cant heat the room. My GF pays the power since its her house.

They sadly gotta live in the cold for a bit :shrug:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#823048 - 01/27/17 03:02 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Well man this is what i think then if your going to take the risk and grow them might as well grow them well. Maybe you could move them inside ?? No sense in taking that chance and them turning out bad. Im just sayin:wellidunno:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823049 - 01/27/17 04:07 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

True. cant put inside the house, no room.

If they die, i will be sad but order some brand-name seeds :wink:

But im confident they will survive.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823260 - 01/30/17 10:22 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I just put a cardboard box (Ghetto Tek!!!) around my Purple Martian. It wasnt looking so good, getting purple in the leaves and stems, likely from the cold. Im hoping this will help it out.

Definitely looking forward to spring time :sunny:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#823295 - 01/31/17 07:53 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Hope it helps ya out!

Offlinenewbie2shoes
Stranger

#823320 - 01/31/17 02:03 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Best of luck on your gorow OP.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: newbie2shoes]
    #823334 - 01/31/17 09:03 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

thanks guys.

I bought some cedar wood from H.D., and some electrical stuff to make a lighting overhang thang, but i checked my bank account, and i overspent :nonono:

Sadly, i gotta return the $38 of parts i bought. oh well, i will wait till a few weeks from now...

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823367 - 02/02/17 10:16 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

So some good news.

My GF gave me $40 for food so i could keep my stuff i bought.

Heres the wood i bought for my naturalistic light hangers:

Heres the completed thang on my Purple Martian:

And heres the wide-shot with both plants :awesome:

So glad they came out like i imagined them. In the future, im going to make an add-on for a cedar frame that holds the lights and reflects them too.

OfflineGrit
    #823396 - 02/04/17 06:50 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I like that bigfoot poster!!! Hey, good luck with this grow!!!

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Grit]
    #823397 - 02/04/17 09:38 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

thanks grit, it was a Christmas gift. I call it the Bigfoot Shrine.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #823408 - 02/04/17 11:20 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

You know you can get 150w HPS for around 60 dollars in the net.

Just saying.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #823414 - 02/04/17 03:17 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yah?

A decent set up for only $60? Ballast, bulb and reflector too?

I appreciate the suggestion, but this grow is an experiment for myself. I wanna see what CFL is capable of. That way when i do MH or HPS i know what a difference it makes with my own eyes and brain (the high).

I started with CFL and i wanna finish where i left off from.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #823417 - 02/04/17 03:28 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah ballast,reflector,bulb and all. They work well for a single plant of reasonable height. LST would really benefit.

OfflineRabbit88
Stranger

#823486 - 02/07/17 10:27 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823543 - 02/09/17 03:35 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Update:

My Purple Martian. Its not doing soo good. Im thinking the low temps and maybe a light bulb too close.

My Blue City Diesel is doing much better than the Purple Martian:

I did add some zip ties to my lights to make it easy to raise the light bulb. I wasnt liking the string. Too inconvient.

Luckily, the outside temp is getting warmer. This is good.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823869 - 02/18/17 01:25 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Update: Light upgrade

Added two bulbs, one to each plant plus put them on a 12on/12off timer so they only turn on at night for 12 hours.

These taken a few days ago.

Purple Martian

Blue City Diesel

New power strip and timer:

Of the two, the Blue City Diesel looks very healthly. The Purple Martian less so.

I can see big differences now between the plants: Purple Martian looks like a Indica (kinda ugly) while the Blue City looks more pretty like a Sativa. I guess Sativas are better in lower temps maybe.

The increased light helped a ton.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #823872 - 02/18/17 09:02 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, you gotta scale down your photos man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #823897 - 02/19/17 07:50 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I know my pics are huge. Soon i will use growerys account but i need to buy a supporter ticket thing...

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #823911 - 02/19/17 03:30 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

You don't need a supporter account to upload pics

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #823939 - 02/20/17 11:19 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

i know that, i maxed out my Gallery and i dont wanna delete anything. I had a supporter account before so i have 156MB out of 100MB photo space (thanks Ythan). But i cant add more without deleting or getting a supporter account.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#824397 - 03/04/17 08:38 PM (7 years, 25 days ago)

Update: March 4th.

No photos this post as HawksRes is getting annoyed with the large pics. It is too much for one page, i agree. Im waiting on some money so i can get a Growery subscription.

Purple Martian:

So my PM was getting limpy so i had to support it with zip ties and a twist tie around the stem where it droops. Looks like an accidental training attempt :lol: The leaves are looking nice and green. Some tiny buds are forming on the stem.

Blue City Diesel:

Growing tall, no drooping. Its looking green too. Tiny buds on the stem as well. Ive had to adjust the zip ties as the plant continues to grow taller.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#824402 - 03/05/17 06:54 AM (7 years, 25 days ago)

Man get some pics up ! The pic syou post look fine on my Lap top just cant zoom in is all!:bigjoint:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#824446 - 03/06/17 11:15 AM (7 years, 23 days ago)

Alright alright page 3 i will post some pics.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#824592 - 03/11/17 01:45 AM (7 years, 19 days ago)

Quick update: My plants are looking real healthy now. They are loving the now warmer spring temps.

Ive had to adjust the lights upwards several times to prevent leaf buring. The Purple Martian still needs support at the stem. The Blue City is fully erect! :lol: Because of their size, im feeding them a light fert/water mix. They are getting thristy too!

I will be updating with photo (finally) on Monday night.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#824688 - 03/13/17 09:22 PM (7 years, 16 days ago)

Well, my cellphone, my only camera at the moment, is glitching out and not working right. I have the pictures but cant upload.

Im gunna keep trying....stand by,,,

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#824690 - 03/13/17 09:35 PM (7 years, 16 days ago)

Alright i got it, Update March 13th.

Purple Martian:

Note the white twist-tie holding the stem up.

Blue City Diesel:

Looking pretty big now. Healthy no?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#824700 - 03/14/17 04:18 AM (7 years, 16 days ago)

Yep looks alot better dude! Im just goin to say you need more light!:shrug:

I would get a bunch more of those cfls and build a nice light!

Something like this

Should be pretty cheap as well? Just tryin to help ya out bud ! Nice lookin plants so far!:jackiechanofapproval:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#824755 - 03/15/17 09:33 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Ok. thanks.

Im not sure about adding too many more lights cause of energy costs: i  got cut on my work hours and its getting a little spendy for electricity. I might add a light to ech plant and se how it does with monthly costs. Next year, im probably just doing a one plant grow to save money. I was unexpecting a work cut : /

I also have a moth issue: a moth thats molesting my blue diesel. Probably gunna get a paper trap.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#824999 - 03/23/17 08:28 PM (7 years, 6 days ago)

I added two more lights on a 12 hour on then 12 hour off cycle.

see next post....

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (03/23/17 08:40 PM)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825001 - 03/23/17 08:43 PM (7 years, 6 days ago)

...continued.

added lights for 12 hour cycling. 26 watt  bulb for  each plant.

Purple Martian:

Blue City Diesel

My plants are looking nice and healthy and green.

Im likely going to switch to flowering some time in late April or mid May, depending on the size of the plants, so i can start the possible long flowering time.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#825005 - 03/23/17 10:11 PM (7 years, 6 days ago)

Looking really good dude ! Cant wait to see them flower out for ya:jackiechanofapproval:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825009 - 03/23/17 10:26 PM (7 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah, im excited.

I guess some of the photos got messed up on my end. I will try fix that tomorrow.

Cant wait to see the to flowers bloom :awesome:

InvisibleTetracan420
Baby Bloomer

#825018 - 03/24/17 09:56 AM (7 years, 5 days ago)

Nice. Good luck man they should shoot out pistils soon

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Tetracan420]
    #825056 - 03/26/17 01:27 AM (7 years, 4 days ago)

Yup, definitely seeing some pre-flowering "mini buds" on the stems.

Im debating on going big for the hell of it or keeping the plant smaller to maximize CFL efficiently...

InvisibleTetracan420
Baby Bloomer

#825061 - 03/26/17 06:00 AM (7 years, 4 days ago)

Sometimes less is more  (jmo)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Tetracan420]
    #825141 - 03/30/17 10:29 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, with CFLs going big likely isnt a big idea. But since im such a new grower, cant help but be curious about what would actually happen.

Maybe i will switch to flower at 2 ft tall.....

I also have some photos coming soon.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825331 - 04/11/17 09:18 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, cant believe its been 3 weeks since my last update. Time flies fast these days.

Couple things happened: Phone glitched out so i wont be using it for pics anymore. Then I got busy doing house projects and neglected to post pics.

But heres from last week and this week:

Purple Martian: 

Blue City Diesel:

And now this week, April 11th.

Purple Martian:

Blue City Diesel:

I still havent got a renewed Growery Account but i plan on getting one soon. For now, big Imgur images.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825775 - 05/05/17 04:41 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

So i finally got a one month subscription for a supporter account.

But there was a glitch and it got messed up. Waiting on admins to fix it then i will post some photos. My plants are really bushy and are loving the daily temps of mid spring.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825961 - 05/19/17 10:26 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Alright! I can finally update with pics! Goekills fixed my support account. Thanks man. Next time i will try on my computer first. Never had issues with computers.

Ok, for the update.

This is from May 4th. I going to do a more recently hopefully later today (if i have time).

Purple Martian:

Blue City Diesel:

Found this little yellow guy chilling on a BCD leaf. Sadly, i found him dead inside one of my CFLs that lights my BCD 24/7. He flew too close to the Sun. He didnt know his Greek mythology. Poor guy. Rest in peace.

In memory of Little Yellow.

Hopefully i will get some May 19th photos today. Im planning on switching to flower mode once i buy the 2400k bulbs i need. Need more moolla..

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#826162 - 05/30/17 07:38 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

May 29th 2017 Update:

Purle Martian:

As u can see, i burnt my top leaves cause i wasnt adjusting my lights enough. But got some cool pics.

Blue City Diesel:

I adjusted the left light to the outside to help prevent burning. I burnt some top leaves here too. Definitely getting height with this sativa dominant BCD. Havent been watering it enough but im trying to be better at it. Getting lazy thou.

I just ordered 8 26watt 2700K bulbs for my two plants. Each plant gets 100watts, hopefully thats enough. Might need more later. Likely. I will be starting the flowering phase this week im guessing. Also need another timer and sockets for the extra bulbs.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#826211 - 06/02/17 06:25 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Just got my eight 2700k flower bulbs in the mail today. Gunna be hooking them up tonight.

Flower time, here we come :yesnod:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#826216 - 06/03/17 02:50 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

June 2nd: Day 1 of Flowering Cycle

Purple Martian:

Note four 26 watt bulbs.

Note four 26watt bulbs.

Both are 16 hour cycles. The zipties look messy, will be cleaning them up soon....

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #826217 - 06/03/17 05:11 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Neat, I like the creative lighting system you got there.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Data]
    #826218 - 06/03/17 08:04 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks. :grin:

The wooden structure i built is really coming in handy. I might put some wooden "outriggers". Not sure yet...

InvisibleMacky
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #826220 - 06/03/17 11:39 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

They look awesome man, looking forward to seeing these flower

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#826349 - 06/11/17 09:45 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Shit my Blue City Diesel plant has some kind of tiny mite infestation. Theres a little on the Purple Martian but not much.

Anyone know of a good, safe insectiside for tiny mites?

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #826355 - 06/12/17 02:22 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Are they flowering yet or still in veg?

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt [Re: Data]
    #826373 - 06/12/17 05:12 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I switch to flower mode on June 2nd.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt (SPIDER MITES FUCK) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #826830 - 06/28/17 12:30 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

So i almost gave up on my plants. I almost threw in the trash cause of the severity of my spider mite infestations. But i refuse to give up.

Bought some triple-threat NEEM oil/pyrthins mix and some lady bugs. My blue city diesel is nearly dead :sad:

The purple martian is getting attacked hard. So im going to hope for the best. If it really comes down to it, i. Gunna clone some cuttings and just start over :nonono:

No pictures cause my plants look fuckin dead :nonono:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt (SPIDER MITES FUCK) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #826831 - 06/28/17 02:31 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Take clomes sooner then later as further in flower the harder/longer it is for them to root/reveg.

Also you dont want to smoke neem or pyrethrins so make sure not spraying buds.

Why ita good to keep yellow stixky traps out 1 kills bugs and 2 easy to see if u do have bugs.

Godspeed...

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt (SPIDER MITES FUCK) [Re: Theman]
    #826834 - 06/28/17 02:48 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

A vacuum cleaner will help a lot . Suck them fuckers up man.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt (SPIDER MITES FUCK) [Re: Theman]
    #827019 - 07/05/17 07:12 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

So good news, the Triple Threat insectide i bought worked like a charm: Those fuckers are dead.

And luckily, i had just started flowering so my plants were still in veg basically.

Bad news is my Blue City Diesel is basically dead: Lost 95% of the leaves. I have a few leaves left, not sure it will pull thru. Can a cannabis plant make leaves when it has none but a good root system?

My Purple Martian did a lot better. Loss like 40-50% of its leaves. Caught it early.

Ive switched back to vegging by changing the light bulbs to 6500k and putting the light schedule on a 14 hour cycle. Still have to redo my wiring to have one bulb per plant on 24-7. Im going to try regrow the lost leaves.

I will post some pics soon of the devestation. I need to invest in a vacuum for sure.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Only CFL Indoor Soil Grow - Purple Martian & Blue City Diesel - 3rd Grow Attempt (SPIDER MITES FUCK) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #827022 - 07/05/17 08:07 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I was kinda joking about the vacuum but I have seen it recommended somewhere. I think it was a citrus tree forum I read that. I've never used a vacuum on my plants tho, so who know how that would go down lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom