Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Setting up my next room, need some help! [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #823549 - 02/09/17 07:48 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Keep me updated on how that works out, I'll be in the market for some stealthier equipment at a later date. :highfive:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Setting up my next room, need some help! [Re: Data]
    #823552 - 02/09/17 10:28 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

My friend had a hydrofarm 8" inline that was pretty well balanced. Much better than my generic.

Its got a lot to do with the mounting hardware. Some cheaper fans let the thing rock back and forth so you have to use a block of wood or something to support the fan. Or if you add some sort of support on the other side to keep things from swinging you'll notice much less noise. Bolted down on all sides if you can.

compare mounting styles of the hydro farm with brackets on both sides

versus this generic with only one side, gonna swing back in forth like a mofo.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Setting up my next room, need some help! [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #823556 - 02/10/17 06:36 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, I'm hoping to eliminate most of that by building a 2x4 frame and plywood shell that will encase the fan itself, and rest it in a tightly-packed bed of foam and insulation...to dampen out all sound or vibration.

This assembly will be hung from the ceiling by elastic bands to further isolate transmission of vibration from the wooden frame into the external beams of the room.

I downloaded a dB meter app on my phone, and did a test of the room with the bare fan running, with 8 feet of flex duct attached to the intake and exhaust of the fan as a baseline fan noise level. I did the same directly outside of the room. I will compare those measurements with the final readings once its mounted and hooked up. I have no way of knowing, but i would love to see a 10 dB reduction in noise level in the room.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies