Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepheed
Stranger

FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP
    #822393 - 01/06/17 01:02 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I've been struggling with this problem for a long time, and no matter what I try, the same thing happens. Is there anyone out there who successfully grows in FFOF without these problems? Surely someone out there has run into this, because it happens to me every time, regardless of what nutes I use, how I ph, whether I bubble or not... it's always the same result. This is a bit of a mystery, and I hope someone can please help me solve it!

Here's what happens. About 45 days after transplanting, the larger fan leaves starts to show little tiny yellow spots. They spread quickly over the course of just a few days. Then yellow and brown dead patches show up on the leaves, and before I know it, my beautiful plant has gone to pot. lol

I'm attaching pics of my two current plants.

The first two pictures are of my Blue Dream Haze. This plant looked beautiful just 2 weeks ago. Let me break down what I've done so far:

Oct. 30
transplant to 5gal FFOF
1/2tb rhizotonic

Nov. 18
switch to 12/12

Nov. 20
1tb rhizotonic

Nov. 28
1/2tsp soluble seaweed powder

Dec. 8
plain water

Dec. 14
1/4tsp soluble seaweed powder

Dec. 15
2tsp Earth Juice Oilycann and 1tsp hygrozyme
At this point the plant looked beautiful!!!!

Dec. 21
It's at this point that the plant started to show those little yellow spots. I wasn't sure if it was nutes or ph or what, so I decided to cover my bases:
2tsp Earth Juice Oilycann (cal-mag) , 1tb Earth Juice Bloom , 1tsp Earth Juice Meta-K, bubbled and ph'd

Dec. 26
At this point, yellow and brown patches were appearing.
1tb rhizotonic , 1tsp golden tree , 2tsp Earth Juice Bloom , 1tsp Earth Juice Meta-K / 4.5L

Jan. 2
1tsp epsom salt.

Jan. 4
Another tsp epsom salt. The plant has continued to yellow.

And the pics are from today, now at 47 days 12/12 (out of 63).

The other three pics are of my Blackberry plant, which is only at 33 days, but is starting to show the same problems. The curled down leaves happened after I fed it Bloom and Meta-K and cal-mag, but it was already yellowing at that point.

It seems strange to me that everybody doesn't encounter this with FoxFarm Ocean Forest, as it seems to happen to me no matter what I try to do. I really hope someone can help me out!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: pheed] * 2
    #822395 - 01/06/17 02:43 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Stop feeding the plants after putting them into this soil for at least two to three months. That soil comes from the factory red hot and has all the food needed.

Also check the ph of the soil cause it looks like a magnesium deficiency. (if this is happening it's most likely cause of the feedings). 

Yes the stuff is all organic but it's loaded with organic ferts which can burn your plants just like chems and are actually much harder to flush from the soil should a fuck-up happen.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineChronic
Stranger
Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Magash]
    #822407 - 01/06/17 02:10 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Also try flushing them really good before transplanting and as magash said you don't need to give them that much nutes.  Looks like your burning the hell out of them, but your already pretty far into flower so I'd just flush them for the last two weeks

OfflineLegalize
Stranger
Male

Loc: Michigan USA
Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Chronic] * 1
    #822410 - 01/06/17 04:03 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

What Magash Said.. I Grow in FFOF.. You don't need to do anything but water for atleast 8 weeks .then add some molasses after that..These were grown using FFOF in 5 gallon buckets..[image]http://[/image]

Edited by Legalize (01/06/17 04:10 PM)

Offlinepheed
Stranger

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Legalize]
    #822414 - 01/06/17 06:38 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will try to flush these out tonight.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: pheed]
    #822421 - 01/06/17 10:57 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

What's ph of ur water??  May be some iron lock out if above 6.9ish i think?with magnesium deficiency too as mag already said?? 

Good luck!

OfflineMof
Male

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Theman]
    #822423 - 01/07/17 01:11 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I use an 16 fl oz bottle of water
i let it sit out for a couple days to de-chlorinate
then i squirt 3ml of fox farm big veg or tiger bloom
then two drops of ph down

then two drops of ph down in two other 16fl oz bottles
then the bottle with the fert goes in, then the other two to wash it down
i do this once a week maybe during flowering... and i water every 3 days usually

i used to do it during veg but I skipped it this time, nothing really different, smaller fan leaves maybe.. for the first month definitely don't hydro fert it, you'll just kill the poor thing

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Mof]
    #822452 - 01/07/17 12:48 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Ahh ok that is probably ur issue. Test ur ph. And mix ferts to strength and then water with total amount.don't try and mix in the soil. Plus hot soil means it's already pretty acidic (low ph) And guess ph mix water. Several reasons for that being a big no no.

Ur probably way to acidic if ur putting ph down with ur nutes man! Lower number is more acidic! Nutes tend to be acidic! Unless ur water comes out at 8! Which would hint at some other issues.

Anyway ur issue is ph lock out. Can garuantee it's way to acidic and ur probably seeing deficiencies and giving more nutes which making more acidic and causing more lock out if not burn...

Good luck

Sorry that's for reply above not original poster... seemed odd as was replying lol..

Sorta rule of green thumb if u will. If yellow starts at bottom it's a macro nutrient ie N. If yellow starts at top usually a micro issue ie mag iron.

Edited by Theman (01/07/17 12:54 PM)

OfflineMof
Male

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Theman]
    #822465 - 01/07/17 05:43 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

yeah my water is pretty close to 8

it needs 3 drops if I don't dechlorinate it usually
I wait a day for the water to recede about a inch in the bottle then i put the drops in it

I haven't tested my ph since the first grow and I've grown like 3 or 4 plants already..
one day i was testing the ph and was like 'wtf am i doing... I get this water from the tap it's not going to change!' lol

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Mof]
    #822474 - 01/07/17 11:49 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Also mix ur nutes and check ur ph. Don't min nutes in soil... anyway

Offlinepheed
Stranger

#822476 - 01/08/17 02:53 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

So it's been 24 hours since I flushed them, and so far they look worse. The Blackberry especially is starting to show a lot of those dead brown patches on the fan leaves. I just don't understand why this keeps happening to me no matter what I try.

My water ph is around 5.8-6.0.

OfflineLegalize
Stranger
Male

Loc: Michigan USA
Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: pheed]
    #822478 - 01/08/17 07:35 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Try to keep water ph between 6.5 and 7 in soil..Your plants will look a little worse b4 they get better..They will take a couple weeks to recover too.The last time i did this to my plants, i didn't get the dead brown patches until i flushed..

OfflineMof
Male

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Legalize]
    #822528 - 01/09/17 08:56 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

i'm growing this cbd bud and the thing just commits suicide while growing lol
like the genetics make the leaves smaller and they yellow at the bud
i'm trying to flush it as quick as possible to get the most thc and harvest before all the leaves on the bud turn yellow, the rest are green

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Mof] * 1
    #822529 - 01/09/17 09:10 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mof said:
i'm growing this cbd bud and the thing just commits suicide while growing lol
like the genetics make the leaves smaller and they yellow at the bud
i'm trying to flush it as quick as possible to get the most thc and harvest before all the leaves on the bud turn yellow, the rest are green

Magnesium deficiencies can make your plants yellow. Its looks similar to a nitrogen deficiency at first but not as yellow around the veins. Foliar spraying epsom salt will show a pretty fast response.

You can look at mobile vs immobile nutrients to try and solve it, as they show signs at different parts of the plant; old vs new growth.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMof
Male

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: phychotron]
    #822531 - 01/09/17 10:55 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't use hydro nutes during veg

but I was using organic soil so I thought I didn't need it

i can tell I'm high i just don't feel it.... lol

Edited by Mof (01/09/17 11:50 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #822532 - 01/09/17 11:27 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

ya CBD has a strange effect. I'm looking for some a CBD strain. I know of harlequin and ACDC I just need to find one. I've had oil from the ACDC that was super dank tasting and very clear headed high.

Terpenes play a large function in the type of high as well. My doctor told me that I needed to smoke flower because its the best source of terpenes out there.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMof
Male

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: phychotron]
    #822533 - 01/09/17 11:49 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

try CBD OG
if I could afford it I'd be smoking that

this stuff I'm smoking gets you high it just takes like half a gram as opposed to a pebble lol

Edited by Mof (01/09/17 11:51 PM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #822539 - 01/10/17 08:44 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
ya CBD has a strange effect. I'm looking for some a CBD strain. I know of harlequin and ACDC I just need to find one. I've had oil from the ACDC that was super dank tasting and very clear headed high.

Terpenes play a large function in the type of high as well. My doctor told me that I needed to smoke flower because its the best source of terpenes out there.

People are dabbing cbd nowadays. Also thunderstruck is a 20:1 cbd to thc strain.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: Magash]
    #822751 - 01/17/17 11:29 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Stop feeding the plants after putting them into this soil for at least two to three months. That soil comes from the factory red hot and has all the food needed.

Also check the ph of the soil cause it looks like a magnesium deficiency. (if this is happening it's most likely cause of the feedings). 

Yes the stuff is all organic but it's loaded with organic ferts which can burn your plants just like chems and are actually much harder to flush from the soil should a fuck-up happen.

:happyweed:

Glad I read this thread, I had no idea the Ocean Forest is packed with Ferts. I should have read the bag. Im using it currently and I guess I gotta flush it.

Offlinepheed
Stranger

Re: FoxFarm Ocean Forest keeps killing my plants! What's going on? PLEASE HELP [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #823490 - 02/08/17 12:21 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

OP here... my next plant in line is starting to have similar problems. It's been in 5gal FFOF for 52 days. The last two times I watered, I fed 1tsp epsom salt, and that's all this plant has been fed. After the second feeding of epsom, the fan leaves curled downward like I fed it too much. A few days later, yellowing started like it's a deficiency. What's going on????

Edited by pheed (02/08/17 12:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds