Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment?
    #822236 - 12/30/16 06:20 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I had a dream last night that I grew weed and enriched with CO2!  I used my super organic method under two 1000 watt HPS lights, except I enriched with CO2 which is something I've never done before.  I used tanks of CO2.  When I used to blow glass pipes, the guy joked with me if I wanted some CO2 for my plants!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

Edited by 8787sunshine (12/30/16 06:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: 8787sunshine] * 1
    #822247 - 12/30/16 09:58 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

It will increase the overall plant growth but not the thc percentage in the weed itself. That comes down to breeding,

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #822250 - 12/30/16 11:29 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: Magash]
    #822287 - 01/01/17 04:33 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
It will increase the overall plant growth but not the thc percentage in the weed itself. That comes down to breeding,

That's not true because when you get krypto it's slang for super-resinous weed.  It isn't entirely the genetics, although most krypto is of genetics that develop much resin.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #822288 - 01/01/17 05:15 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

:lolwut:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #822295 - 01/02/17 09:49 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Haha not sure what he's disagreeing with.. I feel sunshine may be his nic cause his mom calls him that as he is 14.. just a guess

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: Theman]
    #822297 - 01/02/17 01:29 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Please refrain from insulting other people. Name calling will not be tolerated.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: phychotron]
    #822307 - 01/02/17 11:29 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry if was taken the wrong way, as I see it could. I however More wanted to call to attention the underageness who shouldn't be hear last time I checked.. i apologize but keep an eye out for other signs...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #822317 - 01/03/17 10:07 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

8787sunshine said:
Quote:

Magash said:

That's not true because when you get krypto it's slang for super-resinous weed.  It isn't entirely the genetics, although most krypto is of genetics that develop much resin.

Well what else determines how much thc a plant can produce other then genetics? I'm dying to hear the answer cause you're the only person on earth that knows it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
    #822319 - 01/03/17 11:07 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

You've never seen krypto?

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #822321 - 01/03/17 11:27 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Krypto
Usualy refered to as high quality marijuana in South Florida (not sure if used in other locations)its better than regs or mids. Usualy smoked out of pieces (pipes), joints, blunts, bongs, or vaporizers. Sometimes baked into brownies, cookies, ect for oral consumption but that is usualy done with less expensive weed because the high you get from eating it is strong but after a certian point using more weed is a waste because you cant get any higher. You can usualy get an eighth for $50 or a half eighth for $25.
This party sucks, lets go smoke some krypto.
You got any krypto?
I just picked up an eighth of some good krypto.
#kryp #cryp #crypto #krip #kripto #crip #cripto #regs #mids

Now I highly recommend taking your troll somewhere else.:smirk:

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #822327 - 01/03/17 02:10 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

8787sunshine said:

Quote:

8787sunshine said:

Quote:

What your referring to as resin is the trichomes and those are determined by genetics. All the grower can do is grow it to its maximum but that maximum is all genetics. Doesn't matter how or where it was grown.

All this goes out the window if your talking about buds with resin added to it. Like when you make Moon Rocks.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: Magash] * 3
    #822381 - 01/05/17 05:46 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

UV light boost THC production.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: phychotron]
    #822389 - 01/05/17 09:54 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Environment, yes ,effects growth but is part of what Magash said, can only be grown to its GENETIC potential. Not really sure of ur point?

Also the 1 study done with uv and thc added more light to plants so can't be sure it's actually the uv.  And also uv degrades thc faster soo sorta catch 22. Or they included thcv and not thcv in there totals as its mass has greater dif so separate peak?. Just a guess. Also rumored thcv is increased with uv light but I have never seen any science. Other then hypothesis because come from sativas that are exposed to more uv as equatorial... which is likely the case.but again it's just reaching it's genetic potential thcv is not found in all plants regardless of uv light...... 

Lol aaanyway

Edited by Theman (01/05/17 10:12 PM)

OfflineMof
Male

#822391 - 01/05/17 10:26 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

for the love of good don't enrich your plants with CO2 in a closed space you could kill yourself

plants do get their structure from CO2 but I wouldn't call it enrichment, much better ways to do that like super cropping and bending
I super crop then I bend the top two so the canopy levels,
it's just really easy to do for me and I get two ounces
people like to super crop everything or bend everything I prefer just a little bit of both:wink:

Edited by Mof (01/05/17 10:29 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any stats for THC yield increase per watt with CO2 enrichment? [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #822396 - 01/06/17 02:59 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
UV light boost THC production.

This is true with LED lights cause they don't have any straight from the factory so to say like a HID bulb. In fact they may also help with HIDs but so far I haven't seen that to be true but if it is the uv light is just helping the plant bring out the full potential of what is there genetically.

No matter what we do inside we are just trying to get near as good as sunlight and we aren't pulling it off yet. The best grow room would be one where we control everything atmospherically but has a glass ceiling to let in sunlight.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #822397 - 01/06/17 04:57 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

You'll get different light readings if you build that room in two different locations.  At a higher elevation you'll have much more UV getting into your box.

To get the best results you'd need that room above earths atmosphere and have a dimmer on the opacity of the glass. Then at that point you'd be filtering out select harmful and useless spectrum, again trying to dial in that perfect plant response blend. The sun might have everything the plants need, but not full blast on everything it has to offer.

Genetics are the deciding factor in how far you can take a specific strain, but if you want to push that strain to the limits you must fine tune ALL variables to the plant.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#822411 - 01/06/17 04:57 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

The atmosphere only affects how much light is reflected it has zero to do with indoor growing. Ie uv is same in a grow room no matter location. :wink: re reading think u didn't mean that? Just meant for greenhouse room correct?

Other factors like humidity atm pressure (which are related) would change in different grow rooms at dif elevations.

But ya, what Magash said. Adding uv doesnt increase thc, again dont spread misinfo. Also remember adding MORE light to any grow situation will up production? Which again was the case in the high times article that u got the uv increasing thc from.

With led it is more then the uv light added when u see grows of hid and led side by side. Ull also see higher terps, this isn't nessasarly from plant producing more but retaining more as less heat prevents evaporation of terps. Which perhaps could be same for cannabinoid levels. Something to think about at least...

Long story short no u aren't increasing thc just reaching genetic potential regardless.. and again please please don't post misinformation as a mod it's really important to use evidence based information. If ur not sure say that, as some people read as gospel and keep myths alive.  Not only this case but in others aswell..

Cheers!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #822413 - 01/06/17 06:11 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Atmosphere filters out and absorbs the sun's energy. The more atmosphere you have between you and the sun the more energy will be absorbed and reflected; reducing the overall intensity and filtering out the life-harming radiation.  The angle of the sun in relation to your geographical location on earth will determine the amount of sunlight you get per unit area because of it. In the northern hemisphere you will find the sun is not equally as intense at high noon between June and December, whereas the equator that stays relatively the same angle to the sun will be close to the same. 

So that controlled environment with the glass ceiling would achieve different results at different locations on earth and would be dependent on the time of year.

If its hard to visualize imagine that you have more room for clouds above your head at lower elevations, and although it might not be cloudy every day, there are air molecules up there that interact electromagnetic radiation.

I never said you'd push a plant past its genetic potential, just that UV plays a role in the conversion of cannabinoids to their higher form, thc. Its a variable you can dial in these days. 

You can't just add more light and increase everything perfectly fine. Spectral distribution matters. One example is Red:Infra-red ratio influencing the amount of vertical stretch because the plants sense a neighboring plant giving off heat (IR) and absorbing more red (by not reflecting it)

Quality of light source matters, not just intensity.

--------------------

Edited by phychotron (01/06/17 06:21 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #822418 - 01/06/17 09:16 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Damn you morons just gotta run with everything.

All I'm saying is no matter what you do you're not going to increase the genetic capabilities of the plant.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals