Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

blotchy leaves
    #822207 - 12/29/16 12:36 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Well this is my first grow in about 15 years an I'm pretty rusty on plant problems.

The soil is coco, perlite 50/50
Temps 75.7 F
Humidity 35%
Light schedule 18/6
Germinated Dec 13
First water half strength nutes ph6.3 dec20
Second water, plain water ph6.4 Dec 24
Third water, half strength nutes ph6.3 Dec 27

Nutrients are Lucas formula using gh maxi bloom an Epsom salt.

I'm thinking it's manganese deficiency . Do you think full strength nutes would help . The blotchy one is a berry bomb by bomb seeds. The bottom 2 in the first pic are pineapple chunk they seem fine it's just the berry bombs that are doing it. Any ideas would be helpful,  if I missed an info just ask.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: blotchy leaves [Re: funky]
    #822232 - 12/30/16 06:00 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Give this a shot.

fairly mild stuff and will help if the plant is short on any micro nutrients.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: blotchy leaves [Re: Magash]
    #822251 - 12/31/16 12:37 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking about something for micro nutes,  but a lot of the additives out there seem like snake oil to me. I'll look into revive not sure if the local hydro store carries it. Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years when it comes to growing, it seems like everybody an there brother has a nutrient line or a additive now.
Thanks for the suggestion.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #822252 - 12/31/16 01:19 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Those are so small its hard to say you need to treat them with anything yet. You might just be feeding it too light or the roots are not developed enough yet. Feeding young plants in coco can be tricky at first. I tend to have minor deficiencies when clones start to root and growing faster than I've fed them.

I like using a peat/coco mix to start plants. The peat acts as a little bit of nutrient reserve and can help transition the plant to the next container and full feeding schedule.

I would give them a full strength feeding (7-900ppm) next time and see if it balances out.  Too much Mg can lock up nutrients as well, so make sure your not overdoing it. It might just be the strain needing more nutrients than normal and you 'll have to compensate for that. I have a few plants right now that have different nutrient requirements and its a bitch.

They look good for the most part. Post some more photos as the they progress.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: blotchy leaves [Re: phychotron]
    #822262 - 12/31/16 10:58 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Peat also has/produces humic acid which helps store and uptake of nutes. So def nice to have a little in ur mix :smile:

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: blotchy leaves [Re: Theman]
    #822276 - 01/01/17 05:16 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Well I hit them with full strength nutes yesterday afternoon so hopefully they will turn around. 

What ratio of peat should I use with coir/perlite ? I have a couple bags of jiffy seed starter left from my mushroom days, it's coir peat an lime would I be able to use it in my mix? 

Thanks for all the help.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #822278 - 01/01/17 08:23 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

funky said:
Well I hit them with full strength nutes yesterday afternoon so hopefully they will turn around. 

What ratio of peat should I use with coir/perlite ? I have a couple bags of jiffy seed starter left from my mushroom days, it's coir peat an lime would I be able to use it in my mix? 

Thanks for all the help.

That's the type of mix I use. Its a super fine powder that will let water sit on top all night without any drainage? Mix that 1:1 with coco. I don't use perlite.

I also like to start them with a little humboldt-nutrients' Verde for a bit of extra nitrogen (16-1-2) to get them started. I use it in veg and use it to achieve the shade of green I like. It doesn't take much and it seems to have always helped my plants transition and fend of any early signs of deficiency. The Mg/iron/zinc are suppose to play a role in the uptake of other nutrients and their deficiencies will cause other deficiencies, or something to that effect.

Its good to have around as a foliar spray for those first days of clones starting to grow. Yellowing is the first sign that they're starting to grow roots and if you can spray them right as they're starting to turn you can see some really vigorous growth early on.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: blotchy leaves [Re: phychotron]
    #822285 - 01/01/17 02:09 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Traditionally if transplanting smaller plants or starting new plants, u actually want exact opposite. Higher P and K and low N. The reason is it helps reduce shock and more importantly helps produce larger roots faster. Which if ur patient not to have super crazy green plants will help ur plants in the long run and offer more explosive growth once established. And will help for several reasons against deficiency symptoms.(larger surface area to absorb microsor macros, and plants that grow vegstively crazy fast usually ones show deficiency as obv use it up faster then roots can access ) But that's conventional, if ur flowering SOG Dixie cup then u don't need to worry about that. But if growing larger plants remember get roots for da fruits. :wink:

Simply if established add higher n with micros and if starting or transplanting higher p and k before high n fert.

Edited by Theman (01/01/17 02:16 PM)

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: blotchy leaves [Re: Theman]
    #822286 - 01/01/17 02:19 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Oh and seed and feed places often have cheap chelated micros in buckets that will last forever! Plant prod greenhouse used stuff not in fancy packages...

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: blotchy leaves [Re: Theman] * 2
    #822318 - 01/03/17 10:32 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Just a little update . they seem to be doing a lot better, they are greening up an growing fast now.

The jiffy seed starter is real fine,
Thanks for all the info guys I've got a lot of info to absorb. 

Thanks for all the help an suggestions.

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
    #822326 - 01/03/17 01:57 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I blame that on an over feed and dont ph down coco so much

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds