Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Back to the Basement
    #821987 - 12/16/16 09:11 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, I doubt anyone remembers me, but if they do - I missed this place and am excited to revisit. I hope to keep coming back now!

I want to grow again but all the places I remember as good sources of teks, knowledge, and instructions seem to be 5-6 years out of date. I grew before and I have a very good idea of what I want to do... BUT I want to make sure the things I'm planning on implementing aren't old news, ineffective, or inferior.

I live in  place that's both very hot in summer and cold in winter.

I am definitely going to get a hold of some real D.J. Short Blueberry for this grow. Not sure what the other strain I'm going to do will be yet. Advise very welcome!

I was going to build two rooms next to each other in my basement. One for two mothers and 5 plants in veg. The room next door would be for 5 plants in flower.

I want to use ebb and flow tables in each room. I was going to build my own tables using this YouTube I'd saved years ago:

I cannot abide wasting money on things I can build myself that are equally effective... HOWEVER, I have read about these capillary irrigation systems that are even better than standard ebb and flow. Apparently standard ebb and flows equally saturate all plants with water, meanwhile not all plants plants/strains are created equally, and some are more hardy or thirsty than others. And depending on the particular plant/strain you've got, especially if you're growing multiple at once, it can be detrimental to maximum growth potential to saturate all plants every cycle.

-Also are LED's really advantageous now? I remember 5-6 years ago they were 'about to take over the lighting game'.

Anyway that's the basics of what I'm trying to figure out for now.

TL;DR:
+ Is ebb and flow still a top tier way to grow?
+ Are capillary irrigation systems better than ebb and flow?
+ Should I just buy a tent instead of framing, wiring, and finishing a room for grows? No I'm not very handy and would need my buddies to come over to help build all that shit, and will tear it down when I sell the house.

WOW - I hope that's not as hard to read as it was to write! I'm sorry I'm super high right now and scatter brained over many tabs

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Back to the Basement [Re: ChillWillis]
    #821990 - 12/16/16 11:18 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I can't tell you anything about eeb and flow because I've never tried it, but I would get some tents. Especially if you are planning on selling your house.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains