Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

Cloning catastrophe
    #821386 - 11/23/16 09:18 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Hey all, I'm writing this to save others the trouble I've made for myself over the last year. I have tried several cloning teks to no avail. I tried vermiculite, water (lava rocks and net pots), coir, and bag soil. I was misting the leaves multiple times a day and never saw a root. Now I'm using a mini greenhouse (I bought it on clearance). I'm actually seeing roots. I think the difference Is that I'm misting the walls of my GH to increase RH, instead of spraying my leaves. My theory is that if you give your plants enough water through the leaf, it doesn't have enough "incentive" to root and look for water. Anyone care to disagree? If it's B.S. call it out.

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cloning catastrophe [Re: phishphan2088]
    #821394 - 11/23/16 11:42 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

No, I sometimes will leave the discs open on my aerocloner a little to spray the tops in summer. They sometimes stay saturated.

My grandma used to clone things just by cutting a branch off in public somewhere and then sticking the thing in a champagne glass of water for a few weeks until it took off. You don't need anything specific except for a vigorous plant.

The last clone I took was without rooting-hormone, just cut it off the plant, stuck it in the soil and now its going strong. I took three, the other 2 died within a few days. The trick is to leave them alone in a medium-low light environment. No watering, no checking to see if they're rooted. They'll either die or start growing.

An aerocloner is easy to make and pretty simple to use. It also allows you to check the progress of them as they progress.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags