Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Caitlyn Jenner Spray * 1
    #820034 - 10/08/16 05:11 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Standard mix
Part A: .5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (A) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (B) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is stock silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

This stock solution is then diluted at a ratio of 1:9 to make a working solution. For example, 100ml of stock STS is added to 900ml of distilled water. This is then sprayed on select female plants.

Both the stock STS and the working solution should be refrigerated after use, as well as the powdered chemicals, to avoid activity loss.

The mix I use
Part A: .7 gram silver nitrate stirred into 40ml distilled water
Part B: 2.6 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 160 ml distilled water

Next, slowly add the silver nitrate solution to the sodium thiosulfate solution while stirring. This combination is then added to 800 ml of distilled water to equal 1 liter. This is your final stock solution. It is diluted 1:9 with more distilled water to make your final working solution, which then gets sprayed on your target plant.

Application:

The STS working solution is sprayed on select female plants until runoff. Do the spraying over newspaper in a separate area from the flower room. You probably won't smell anything, but ventilate anyway. You now have what I call a "F>M plant"; a female plant that will produce male flowers.

After the F>M plant dries move it into 12/12 immediately. This is usually done three to four weeks prior to the date that the target (to be pollinated) plants will be ready to pollinate. Response times may vary slightly depending upon the strain. More specific times can be determined by trial with your own individual strains. In my trials it took 26 days for the first pollen. 30-35 days seems optimum for planning purposes.

So, assuming that a target plant needs 3-4 weeks to produce fully mature seeds, a strain that takes 8 weeks to mature should be moved into flower at about the same time as the female>male plant. A target plant that finishes flowering in 6 weeks needs to be moved into flower later (10 days or so) so that it doesn't finish before the seeds can fully mature.

A seeded individual branch can be left to mature on a plant for a bit longer, while harvesting the other seedless buds if they finish first. Just leave enough leaves on for the plant for it to stay healthy.

The Chems I use

Now ya don't need me for feminized seeds

:happyweed::prettyflyforawhiteguy::happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Feminized Seeds [Re: Magash]
    #820037 - 10/08/16 06:53 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'd rather pay 3 to 5 bucks per seed.
It's just easier that way.:smile:

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Feminized Seeds [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #820042 - 10/08/16 08:16 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

I'd rather pay 3 to 5 bucks  seed.
It's just easier that way.:smile:

Yeah I'm hoping a lot of others think your way. Good knowledge for people that have that special plant they want to share with people far away or have to chop down and want to grow again later when they can set up a garden again and so on.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #820059 - 10/08/16 11:57 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I've never had an issuer just buying regular seeds.  Just get ten at a minimum and pop five.  You'll have a couple females for sure

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
    #820061 - 10/09/16 12:18 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome i have a few questions...

when do you spray your plant just as it shows sex on top or can you do it when your plant is showing pre flower everywhere?

since i dont have much room but would love to make some fem seeds so i was thinking about a method to do this along other flowering females so let me know if you think it could work...
spray on a few lower branches outside of the flower tent let dry then when the male flowers come in cover tight with a plastic bag until flowers drop the pollen then cut the branch off to get the pollen out then manually pollinate female flowers of the same plant if possible time wise but pollination would be done outside of the tent and female flowers would also be bagged after pollination just like the male flowers what do you think?

i know there will be a chance of pollinating the other plants but a few fem seeds isn't the worst surprise 

but this leads me to another question
when should you pollinate the female and how late can it be pollinated?

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Feminized Seeds [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #820064 - 10/09/16 01:56 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

when do you spray your plant just as it shows sex on top or can you do it when your plant is showing pre flower everywhere?

I like to start spraying the area I want to pull pollen from about two weeks before I take the cutting and every few days from that point till I'm pulling pollen. Remember the stuff doesn't move around in the plant so you can spray a branch on a budding plant and only that one branch will flower male. Using pollen from one branch onto another will give you the closest thing to clone in seed form available so far.

Most people start to spray just before they cut the lights back. I like to get the plant use to spray for a few weeks before putting into flowering so yes I'm spraying threw the cutting process.

Quote:

male flowers come in cover tight with a plastic bag until flowers drop the pollen

The flowers will mold or moisture will get in the pollen killing it. Moisture is a instant pollen killer.

Do this just as the male flowers are gonna open in a closet or someplace

Quote:

when should you pollinate the female and how late can it be pollinated?

Anytime as long as the seeds have 3 to 4 weeks to form and mature. A little pollen goes a long long long way. Apply around other plants carefully using a water color brush and paint the pollen onto the buds you want to pollinate.

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
    #820065 - 10/09/16 02:35 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome thanks man I'm very excited to start playing with this how long does pollen stay good and what's the best way to store?

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Feminized Seeds [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #820066 - 10/09/16 04:25 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Anyway to keep it dry and cool in a dark place is best. You can keep it in the fridge. For how long I can't tell ya. I make new pollen for every batch of seeds.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#820090 - 10/10/16 03:33 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Done with silver and a plug in too :wink: lol  works ok but buggers up the plant so heed Magash warning about overspray

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Caitlyn Jenner Spray [Re: Magash]
    #821602 - 12/02/16 10:28 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

The effects of the last spraying. This is a grape og kush getting ready to contribute pollen for the next batch of seeds.

No signs that this is a true female.

--------------------

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Caitlyn Jenner Spray [Re: Magash]
    #821603 - 12/02/16 11:30 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I'd be terrified keeping pollen floating around my space. :uhoh: Glad there are people like you who aren't magash

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale