Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePlague_Wraith
Horseman

Re: How long you think you could live on just cannabis? [Re: anthiawe]
    #819668 - 09/28/16 12:07 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

:lolcat:
How long you can go while maintaining a large caloric deficit depends completely on how much fat your body is storing. For example, I did intermittent fasting consuming less than 600 calories a day for 1 full week. I then transitioned into a straight water fast for 15 more days. I consumed virtually no carbs during that period of 22-23 days and lost 25lbs (about 5 lbs I regained from water weight after reintroducing carbs). I could have gone longer for my fast, but we were moving states and I didn't want to be a downer while meeting up with the extended family for the last few times until the holidays.

I have known people who have fasted for over a full month with just water. I also know of one person who claims to have fasted a full 3 months on just water. If it's doable with water then it's doable with seeds if you've got the fat on your body to support ketosis. That said, you might be one miserable son of a bitch lol. I know by day 15 of the water fast that I certainly was, but I also didn't start toying with my electrolytes until about day 12 or 13 (horrible, horrible mistake).

A word to the wise, if you are going to try a mono-diet of seeds you best gradually taper of carbs before fully diving into the change. Carbs are an addiction and it will FUCK you up to go cold turkey. They call it keto flu and it occurs once your glycogen stores are fully depleted. At that point your body starts eating your own fat (and muscle if you are more active than you should be, you should be pretty sedentary) and it will become more efficient as time goes on. That said, as your body becomes increasingly more efficient at eating fat you'll start to lose weight more slowly. According to my research there isn't much benefit in fasting for weight loss for longer than 21 full days. That seems to be the marking point for when your body is quite fat-adapted.

A few tips:
1. Maintain your electrolytes or you will suffer. We're talking leg cramps, ass cramps, feelings of discomfort, fatigue, etc. Adding a pinch of iodized table salt and potassium salt (or lite salt which is a combo of both) to your water will save you a lot of discomfort.

2. Try replacing full meals with a handful of almonds during that week you're tapering off carbs to prepare for your new seed lifestyle. Almonds are an excellent mono-food and similar in macros to most fatty seeds.

3. Prepare yourself mentally. You might walk to the fridge 10 times and be confused at what you're doing simply because eating regularly is such a well established pattern. Also, be prepared for people to tell you that what you're doing is unhealthy and/or unnatural (it isn't). Family and friends will absolutely try to pressure you into your old way of eating. Willpower is everything.

4. Taking a full dose of a multi-vitamin twice a day is not a bad idea to keep you functioning well. Normally I would suggest 10 fish oil caps split up throughout the day as well if you were water fasting, but you will probably get your aminos in good amounts from the seeds and not need them.

You can probably go longer than 3 full months if you've got the willpower and fat to stick with it. You'll certainly be able to go much longer with seeds than with just straight water. Just be careful to not eat too many seeds if you're trying to lose weight during your mono-diet experiment.

Good luck if you follow through with it.
:bunnypeace:

--------------------
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds