Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Day 60 Flower * 1
    #819194 - 09/12/16 12:54 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

After accumulating mass amounts of equipment off craigslist and help from a partner, I've got myself a setup in a second bedroom I've dedicated to grow space. The setup is self-titled.

1x XL Tent 4.5'x9' with 1x backup 4x8
2x 8" 1k hoods
  -MH for veg, HPS for flower
2x propped box fans circulating and cooling the air above, while the lights are low. Repositioning as the lights get raised higher. 1 oscillates freely
1x 6" fan
1x 8" fan
1x 6" carbon filter

Ventilation system is powered by a 6" moderately sized carbon filter, and being pulled through and out by a powerful 8" can fan. Now I fitted my more powerful 8" can fan onto the small carbon filter. Pulls so much air through and out that I create extreme negative pressure in my tent! Nothing gets out, smell is controlled for now still in veg though.

It maintains at around 85 F at night, and if it starts to push 90, I turn the ballasts down to either 600, or 400W. I'm thinking of using an AC unit on the timer to help cool the room outside the tent to maybe get it to maintain closer to 80. Power is an issue in this small space though. And an AC unit requires 5 Amps that I'm not sure if I have to spare. Would require rearrangement and/or more electrical than I've already wired, which forces me to break my lease :X

Irrigation comes from a retrofitted hose attachment made from 90 cents worth of PVC fittings and a 5$ 5/8" garden hose from walmart. That runs from the kitchen sink across the hall into a dechlorinating filter and into my 28 gallon dedicated rez, where it is constantly being aerated via airstone. I am hoping to build a device to create compost tea for late stage veg and flower

The soil is a mix of high quality compost, minerals, and organic fertilizer.
7 strains, 12 plants (originally 13 but 1 didn't make it. Pre transplant mold issues have put these through some stress and it shows on some of these plants)

3x Sour Flo
2x Banana Kush -1 :sad:
2x Jesus OG
2x Candy Kush
1x Headband
1x Denver Kush
2x ???? (possibly DK)

They are on an 18/6 schedule, watered every 2-3 days, and are currently on a regiment of neem oil for pesticide. I also am thinking on possibly using left over square footage to grow other things along the edges in trowels; celery, lettuce, scallions, and bach choi which are all clonable from grocery store produce. Just a side experiment I'd like to do since I have some space.

It's gonna be a crazy ride. Feel free to post your thought or follow up for some updates, I'll treat this as an occasional growlog. Gonna hopefully have some sick flower by the end of this  :douchewink:

Time lapse:

Edited by Sloppy (12/04/16 12:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Sloppy]
    #819225 - 09/12/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

That's a pretty hefty mix of strains you got going on there- Denver Kush I don't recognize though, where is that available? (Just flower, not clones)

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: SleepAid]
    #819236 - 09/13/16 12:43 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Only time I've ever heard of it was here, I'm the great state of Colorado.
Here's a picture of a hunter in the nursery. On a pot labeled DICK or dk or Denver Kush

Those 2 ?s and the labeled DK are some of my healthiest plants. I have the highest hopes for them, and the sour flo. Like I mentioned in the OP, they had a stressful adolescence because of mold. So they are going to need special attention and some good conditions which I'm trying to give them all of.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819331 - 09/15/16 07:31 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Ventilation in a small room in an apartment is a constant challenge. Ever changing and adapting to the needs of the room temperature, especially now that weather is changing. Been reorganizing the ducting plan since the start. I'm getting close to that sweetspot though! The heat coming off these MH though are giving me issues maintaining anything lower than 85 in the tent. But, I fixed a major noise issue today, and I created better airflow through and out of my carbon filter, which will help a lot during flower.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Offlinegrowups
Legal grower
Male

#819359 - 09/16/16 06:59 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I would run both hps and mh at 600. You get
more lumens per watt and much better spectrum.
I too had a apartment in Colo 2nd floor hard to
ventilate lol. I never bothered with ducting. I
just opened the door and turned a fan on. I also
spent nearly 24 hours with my plants though. I do
miss that life. I look forward to watching you
progress.

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Loc: Shitstainistan
Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: growups]
    #819366 - 09/17/16 08:22 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Personally, I would lose the tent.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Bobabouy]
    #819372 - 09/17/16 02:38 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

growups said:
I would run both hps and mh at 600. You get
more lumens per watt and much better spectrum.
I too had a apartment in Colo 2nd floor hard to
ventilate lol. I never bothered with ducting. I
just opened the door and turned a fan on. I also
spent nearly 24 hours with my plants though. I do
miss that life. I look forward to watching you
progress.

I've been running my MH at 600 pretty consistently. They get very hot and it's hard to control temperatures. When it's cool at night though I will sometimes toss them up to 1000, which gives them the heat of the day in the middle of the night because my cycle turns on 6PM off 12 AM.
I was probably going to run my HPS at 1000 throughout though. Because the light gives off less heat than the MH.

Quote:

Bobabouy said:
Personally, I would lose the tent.

And build around the room? I would love to dedicate the whole room to this and make a construction process, be able to run 4 lights and make a dedicated veg space for mothers and clones, but I'm under lease. I can take this setup down in 45 minutes and it wouldn't have left a mark except the hole in the wall I had to make for electrical.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

#819376 - 09/17/16 03:30 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, renting is a bitch. When you get your own place a lot of options will open up for you.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819385 - 09/18/16 12:50 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah man, this is just a starting point. It does make it a little difficult to ventilate. Don't bash the tent though, it's a good size and for 100 bucks on craigslist you can't beat it :smile: Would have cost double that and 5x the time and effort to build something that might not even be as good

But I'm dialing it in day by day. Plants seem to be responding well despite a few temp spikes and light mishaps.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Sloppy] * 1
    #819390 - 09/18/16 02:35 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

If I had to use a tent, I would definitely want one like you are using. Couldn't stand using one of those tiny tents.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #819412 - 09/18/16 10:17 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Your plants look like they have nutrient burn.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #819414 - 09/19/16 11:04 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Is that the discoloration/color fade going on in the fan leaves?

They could be a little bit burned, but if they are its just because they were so traumatized from cloning that the transplant just shocked them

This is brand new soil, all fresh on the organics and minerals. So it might be a little over supplied then. Once they start using them up hopefully it will equalize. It should be all good from this point on

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Edited by Sloppy (09/19/16 11:23 AM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #819429 - 09/19/16 06:43 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

What soil are you using?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #819458 - 09/21/16 12:47 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

All purpose tomato fertilizer
-Seashells, crabshells, neem, fishbone, blood
Kelp meal
Organic compost
Peat
Azomite
dolomite
Perlite

It's not my recipe, but at the end I replenish and reuse. I'm watering with dechlo molasses water now, establishing microbial life in the soil. Later will eventually incorporate a compost tea. Other than those organic additive options I won't need to add anything, not using any chemicals or ferts. Meant to not have to worry about N or K levels, this is just about how alive the dirt is. Again, not my works. But it really makes a lot of sense to me.

Neem oil pesticide regimen. Adding organic rosemary and thyme soak to tomorrows spray for added protection.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #819464 - 09/21/16 10:03 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

What brand are you using?
I ask because many all purpose ferts have time released nutes that aren't timed for mj, and may cause you problems down the road.

You may also want to start using a b vitamin additive the watering before and after transplanting.  This will reduce/help the plant deal with the stress that comes from the transplanting process.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Stoneth]
    #819467 - 09/21/16 10:56 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

I ask because many all purpose ferts have time released nutes that aren't timed for mj, and may cause you problems down the road.

You may also want to start using a b vitamin additive the watering before and after transplanting.  This will reduce/help the plant deal with the stress that comes from the transplanting process.

Is the problem with time released nutes too much nitrogen for flowering or is that just one of many?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #819468 - 09/21/16 12:06 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly it could be just one of many.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleChiefFluffyNugs
Stranger

#819481 - 09/21/16 06:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Sloppy, my dude.  Nice fucking setup.  If you don't mind, how much did all that run you?  Also, I'm guessing you're in CO? 

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: ChiefFluffyNugs]
    #819494 - 09/21/16 08:01 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

It's made up of the ingredients listed below it. Not sure the brand, but I won't use it if it's not organic period. I'm not sure if organics can have time release nutrients but I'm pretty sure this one doesn't!

Quote:

ChiefFluffyNugs said:
Sloppy, my dude.  Nice fucking setup.  If you don't mind, how much did all that run you?  Also, I'm guessing you're in CO? 

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks dude :super: appreciate the compliment.

I have about 800-900 in it, plus 1000$ worth of equipment loaned to me. I'd say the value of my setup to be well over 2000$ including the plants, I did well on Craigslist saved a lot of money on the tent and the carbon filter.

Greatest state in all the land.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819641 - 09/27/16 12:06 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

14 days since OP

Top From left to right:
Sour Flo x 3, Candy Kush, JOG, Candy Kush
Bottom From left to right:
weak Headband, Denver Kush, Mystery x 2, J OG, Banana Kush

These 2 were looking rough a week ago, but really perked up. The new growth looked like it was gonna wither, but now as you can see it all looks relatively good.

These 2 mystery plants are killing it. The only ones that are doing better is one of the CK and the DK. I'm thinking these 2 are gonna turn out to be denver kush.

3 sour flos, 1 on the left is second weakest plant

And the headband. These genetics are so special but this plant is having some problems. The color is so different from the rest, but the stature is short. It doesn't seem to be responding that well. But it's alive and that's really all that I can ask for.
Anyone know what's up just by looking maybe?

We're debating on whether i am going to need to ditch plants, or if I'm going to let them fight for space. The answer seems obvious, but in reality giving up plants is not going to be easy, they are all beautiful. I was thinking maybe using natural sunlight to flower the weakest ones. even keep them outside for a bit. Try and keep them happy the best I can. Just thoughts though, experienced opinions always welcome.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819985 - 10/06/16 11:11 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

DAY 2: Flower

I might need to prune one more time in a week, It's going to get crowded in here.

I'm in love with the canopy of this Unlabeled plant (Denver Kush fingers crossed)

Stuck this loser in the corner cause that's what he deserves

Tomorrow spraying my leaves with Neem, Thyme, and chili pepper seed soak, because next time this dude wants to bite a fan leaf when my back is turned hell get a surprise :evil:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Edited by Sloppy (10/06/16 11:31 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#820464 - 10/23/16 11:24 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Day 18 Flower-

Looking good :cool:

Im taking out my sickly ass headband from the corner and making it a house plant. The other plants will use the space better.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
    #820608 - 10/29/16 11:49 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Nice man, seems like were both right about the same stage at the moment, your maybe a little bit farther than me. And maybe one day ill feel comfortable running a setup that size. Impressive!

As for adding the daylight cfl's around the perimeter, if you can manage the temps and afford the electricity it couldnt hurt, i had planned on supplementing my 400watt with some CFL's a little later on as my plants get taller

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Milktruck]
    #820609 - 10/29/16 01:10 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Milktruck said:
Nice man, seems like were both right about the same stage at the moment, your maybe a little bit farther than me. And maybe one day ill feel comfortable running a setup that size. Impressive!

As for adding the daylight cfl's around the perimeter, if you can manage the temps and afford the electricity it couldnt hurt, i had planned on supplementing my 400watt with some CFL's a little later on as my plants get taller

Yeah that was my plan for just when they get taller. For the inevitable shaded areas. I can definitely afford the heat running a cmh, affording electricity is a crapshoot, but I can afford the amperage so theres that lol. I'm literally utilizing 3 different circuits so I have some amps to play with.

When did you flip? I do believe we did around the same time also.
But honestly yeah running 2 HIDS is a lot of trouble and very expensive. That's why I was saying I appreciate the way you go about looking for max yields from low watts. Js you should look into a cmh for a second light. It would go great in that wallpaper box of yours because you probably wouldn't want to run a 400W MH in there cause thats probably too much heat. You'd fckin kill it on yields honestly you'd have more bud than you'd know what to do with.

This was last night

This is my bedroom. Fixed ducting issues still needs some tuning up.

Im creating such an effective negative pressure system in the tent its bending my vertical support at the point of the zipper seam. Reinforcing that tonight.
400W cmh gets it's own tent where the table is. Same dimensions just a little wider. Tent is under construction right now it'll be fine for veg I'm just hoping my craftsmanship will be good enough for flowering.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820611 - 10/29/16 01:44 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

My box runs room temp thanks to the way i have the room setup, instead of light proofing the closet, i took the doors down and left it open to an entire air conditioned room, and instead i light proofed the whole room (which was easy since its a basement)

temps at canopy with a 400 watt HPS 10 inches away (i was reccomended 12-14 inches do to heat)are mid to upper 70s, with the room temp around 72 :wink: i cant light as large an area with it closer, but my plants are getting more intense light so i hope there is a benefit somewhere in there for that

I could run a second 400 watt HPS without worrying about my heat output. My house has geothermal air circulation and vents directly into the room with the gbrow closet :laugh:

Will definately look into the CMH though, just out of curiosity im assuming i can plug and play them right into my digital switching ballast? or will i need something specific.

How is the lumen output for CMH? i know that HPS puts out about 15% of its lumens in unusable infrared, but puts out an average of 25% more lumens per watt so you still get about 10% more photosyntheticall active light from HPS over *standard* metal halide from the same wattage lamp (this obviously varies brand to brand as well)

Edited by Milktruck (10/29/16 01:51 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#820614 - 10/29/16 03:36 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Lumens are great, CMH utilized both MH and HPS spectrums so it's the most photosynthetic accommodating light on the market. That's why yields per watt can be so much greater than HID.

You can't ever plug and play standard 315W LEC because the greedy pigs of marijuana corps now are trying to monopolize. But there are 2 kinds of 400W CMH out there that are plug and play IF (big if) you are running them on a correct wattage HPS MAGNETIC ballast. The bulb has a universal male socket that can be used with any of your universal hoods, as long as that hood can plug into a regular magnetic ballast and it's not the circular plug with 3-like prongs. Mine takes the adapter with 2 offset an 1 flat prong.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820617 - 10/29/16 05:41 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

i actually have a 400 watt magnetic HPS ballast, but its 240 volt non switchable, id have to wire it into my oven/clothes dryer circuit.

Is just an old 400 watt security fixture lol, but its still a magnetic transformer ballast lol

i just liked the idea of this digital one that draws 460 watts and outputs 400, that magnetic one draws almost 600 to output 400, but if the yeild differnce will pay MORE than the wattage draw from the outlet difference, i will gladly invcestigate one lol, seems it would take a couple grows to pay for itself if i were to switch, and im a stingy asshat :lol: i never even switched to HID until i could get an entire kit under $100 and over 250 watts

And because i like to knit-pick, CMH is still techinically HID, so is mercury vapor and induction lighting lol.

And personally, i consider HOT5 HID as well, it puts out more lumens per watt than standard Metal Halide and cant run on AC current,. it needs magnetic transformers or digital circuitry in ballast to switch it over to the proper form of current just like HPS, MH, MV, and CMH, its just usually built into the lighting fixture, this applies to the high wattage CFL's as well.

only lights i personally wouldnt consider HID are Incandescent and Halogen, and then you have LED, which is a whole other can of worms all together, but is still technically operated through ballast (usually digital transformers)

Its kind of a pet peve i have, a 150 watt MH putting out 14,400 lumens is considered HID, when a 125 watt CFL at the SAME lumens in the SAME color temperature of lights, and also is also ballast opperated is NOT considered HID :lol:

Edited by Milktruck (10/30/16 07:35 PM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#820635 - 10/30/16 12:59 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

looks freaking awesome :hatsoff:

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Scribbler]
    #820653 - 10/30/16 10:22 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Milktruck, I think even at 600w it would pay for itself after first harvest. How do you know how many watts your ballast draws to put out? I didn't know it worked like that it kinda makes no common sense?

Scribs, no you're freaking awesome :super: thanks for the rating too man

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Edited by Sloppy (10/30/16 10:22 PM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#820654 - 10/30/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

:greatjob: :popcorn:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820656 - 10/30/16 11:07 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

nah its just thermodynamics, the circuit of a ballast (or any PCB or transformer, analogue or digital) is never 100% effecient, it wouldnt be able to do anything to the flow of current if it was.

A 400 watt ballast outputs 400 watts to a 400 watt bulb yes, but in the process of of mucking around with the AC current to make it usable for the lights there is ALWAYS some energy lost through heat, usually there is a small 5-10 watt cooling fan of some kind, and in the case of a magnetic ballast, you even lose some energy being pulled from the wall to sound from the pulsing of the 60 hz electrical signal.

And if you read the smaller print on your ballasts carefully you will find a power draw and a power output rating somewhere

my 400 watt OUTPUT digital ballast draws 460 watts from my house's curcuits, the magnetic 240 volt ballast draws 585 watts (is old as fuck, not sure how old but its old, im surprised it works) from the wall as measured by a fancy 15 outlet surge protector i bought on amazon, it has a little LCD that reads the power draw of everything plugged into it, and even stores enough power to run my ballast should power go out for 10 minutes or so, enough time to hit the panic button and rig of my generator and portable led's, this would only run my magnetic ballast at power outage for about 6 minutes or maybe less. not sure how the power sagging on lithium ion batteries works

Point bing, the wattage rating of ballasts is output, not power draw from the circuit, and not all ballasts are the same, but the BEST 400 watt digital or magnetic ballasts made still pull about 415 watts from the curcuit as far as i know.

This is something you MUST know when you calculate your power usage or you may be in for a surprise when the bills are due this time next year for the current month (especially if using inexpensive magnetic ballasts)

Edited by Milktruck (10/30/16 11:15 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#820675 - 10/31/16 08:28 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

So my ballast takes up 4 amps, running on a 120v circuit the thing should be pulling 480W total maybe? I'm not sure if that's the right calculations but I know it uses 4 amps at 120.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #820679 - 11/01/16 05:29 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Watts = Volts * Amps.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: phychotron]
    #821153 - 11/15/16 07:01 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Hey sloppy, a friend of mine said you were doing pretty well with your new setup. He's a member over on the blue page. I respect the tent. I just flipped my tent to 12/12. I think between seed and clones I ended up with all females. I have to keep my home at 65F for my tent to be in the mid 70's. I run 1000W HPS with a cool tube. I used to have my light exhaust and carbon filter in line before causing temps near 100 (sometimes more i think) in my 4x4x7 tent. Keep it up man!

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: phishphan2088]
    #821343 - 11/20/16 09:31 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Pp thanks for the follow my man, always cool to see I have a few people interested in what I'm doing. Who's your buddy? Do I know him? You're a member over there as well if I'm not mistaken, right?

A nice cool 65 has been impossible for me to maintain. Weather has been abnormally warm. For the last month I have been running at a consistent 84. If it spikes to high 80s low 90s I will toss the lights back to 400 or 600 and let the tent equalize. Then by nighttime I can usually flip it back to full power cause it gets cool enough.

I also added a second tent to my setup. In that tent which is 3x4x7 I have 1 400w CMH in a glassless hood, a tower fan, and a 6" can fan exhaust out the top of the tent. This thing runs around 80 on a hot night. Also will raise the temp of the room a couple degrees which affects the main tent. Takes dialing in on these warmer nights but in the dead of winter they will both kill it. I constructed the setup myself, and it will work great for veg but I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to make it truly light resistant for flower, considering the doors are just flaps right now

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821344 - 11/20/16 09:51 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

been dead here recently and i dont feel like updating my journal, getting more activity by far on GC lol (yea im still a slave to the beast)

so ithought id throw up a couple bud shots as my girls sit right now and maybe, just maybe, ill see some of yours in return :lol: Its day 40 or something like that for the Special Queen and the dutch kush

Dutch Kush, gonna give her another 10 days and pull a week early to make room for a couple new ladies that are starting to get into full flower now (my incredible bulk and PPS)

Special Queen #1, this pheno isnt anywhere near as dank looking as my last special queen, the flower structure and calyx formation is quite literally PERFECT, but im glad i bred with the last one, this one im not upset i didnt clone it, good yield and structure, but smell and frost coverage is sub par for sure

And this is the Bulk, followed by the pineapple purp skunk im trying to make room for.

You would have to smell the PPS in person to believe me man....its not even worth describing....unbelievable, almost doesnt seem real xD

i have rooted clones of both, i actually got 2 differnt phenos from the one PPS, it was a chimera of some sort. when i topped it months back i got 5 new shoots lol, not 2 like usuall

I showed you mine, now show me yours!!! :lol:

Edited by Milktruck (11/21/16 12:03 AM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821357 - 11/21/16 06:57 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Dude 5 shoots!? that's nuts. Beautiful I'm jealous of that outcome lol. I like that cola you pictured of your special queen. Whats the plant all the way to the right in your grow box? That isn't the same age right?

But alright, if you insist. I took pics last night but it was late and I wasn't trying to make a big post. But here they are

This is Banana Kush. Frostiest dankest plant I got. Too bad yields not gonna be that great. that whole side of the tent is just kind of, short in stature

Sour flo. Proud of this strain it's killing it and way frostier than I thought it would be.

And this is the tall side of the tent. just a bunch of lanky ass Jesus OG colas in formation :lol: Candy kush in the background

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821373 - 11/22/16 03:07 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

looks great, maybe one day i can start to focus on grows with yields like yours, fuck my state xD

and yup, 5 shoots from one topping, was the only training i had to do, actually had to prune a bit because i had TOO MANY tops wanting to fight for supremacy on her lol

And the small one all the way to the right is my dutch kush, yes it IS INDEED the same age, it did NOT like the same intensity of light as my others, and is a pure indica anyway, so its a squat little bush while everything else is reaching for the skies.

if you meant the one in the back right, that's the Bulk, i had to send it into flower early as im still expecting it to out yield the others, incredible bulk is a 1000gram/m2 Indica strain that finishes in 7-8 weeks with potency upwards of 24% according to the breeder....basically its worth its weight in gold xD, its half the age of the PPS, and hasnt been flowering as long, is currently twice the size flowering out way faster

Not going to run my dutch kush again till i have the clone propagated enough to run an entire grow of just the dutch kush. it isnt a plant im going to want to run with other genetics, would impact my grow negatively for sure

its the densest, most resinous nugs in the box, with only like 70% the light intensity, if i propagated this one well, i could back the light off an extra 6 inches without causing problems and fit a couple extra plants in there i think.

Im most impressed with the incredible bulk, early onset frost production, was making glandular trichs since it was born, the only plant ie had thats done that, and its probably going to out yield all my other 3 while taking up half the space. i didnt clone it, and regret it, but i got 4 more bulk seeds so all is not lost there

The special queen had literally perfect flower formation, it could just easily be way danker, ive had special queens way danker than this lol.....heres an example lol

And personally, id probaly reach for that Sour Flo. first :wink:

Edited by Milktruck (11/22/16 03:31 PM)

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821385 - 11/23/16 08:56 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I think you know the friend I mentioned. NDsteppXX. I've heard nothing but good things! You mind if I throw up some pics and we could trade notes? I have 3 bubble gum clones, 2 fem Pineapple express x White Widow, and a couple mysteries. I had an indica dominant mystery seed that turned out to be male. Not a big deal because this was basically extra. I don't know If I have adequate space for what's in there right now.

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821424 - 11/24/16 12:13 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Let's see bro, I'd like to see your setup. Over crowding is real, but it's hard to gauge what's the best use of space, what's too little, and what's too much. PE x WW sounds like an amazing strain where'd you get it?

ND is my boy :stoner:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821425 - 11/24/16 01:02 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Well i got kicked out by my drunk-ass roomate so i was forced to harvest early.

And kill my pps and bulk...but i managed to keep the big veging plant i had and the PPS clones because a buddy of mine had just enough room in his metal halide tent and he needed a mom anyway. and i still have a few more incredible bulk seeds

And the two bigger girls are far enough along that all is not lost, is right over a pound wet but hasnt had the large stems removed. so im expecting roughly 2-2.5 ounces dry. not bad considering they ony took up half the space of an improvised 400 watt grow lol. and was pure organic all the way through

The diagonal line up the middle is the separation, the lighter stuff on the left is Special Queen #1, the shorter fatter darker stuff on the right is the Dutch Kush. The spoon pipe in the pic isnt a big one but far from a one hitter, holds maybe .3 or so. The dutch kush cola in the bottom right is about as big around as a 12 oz soda can lol. and the smell is fantastic. Dutch kush is just super stinky and pungent, special queen is like sweet burnt rubber and licorice

no pics of the pps or bulk, just irritates me a bit too much, theyre only gonna be a gram or two of some hash now...such a waste lol

sorry for hijacking the thread again, it's really one of the only active journals here right now xD

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821437 - 11/24/16 08:09 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Awe shit man.... Why did you get kicked out? Does he not fucking get that you've put so much work into these? That's way too early you flipped at the same time as me right? Those needed another few weeks did they even have any orange trichs yet? Mine are just starting to turn

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821439 - 11/24/16 10:23 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Both were about 75% cloudy in the trichs and about half the pistils were red...can only find a couple amber trichs total.

Will be fine quality smoke for me and three zips will lazt me about a month n a half. More then payed for the nutes and electricity involved.

And to be completely honest I have no real clue when they started flowering. When I made the 12 days in post I had just been turning lights out when I went to sleep and back on when I got up. Theyre probably a week or two farther along then I was quoting throughout the grow as I wasnt paying mich attention to my sleeping schedule. I flipped to 12/12 when I realized I fucked up and they had begun flowering. Taking em till a week before christmas like I originally wanted to would actually have been overdoing it a bit. Realistically the trichs would have been good for me in about a week or so.

Ill get some good bud shots when I get back to the parents house this evening for dinner.

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821454 - 11/24/16 10:23 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

A few extra hairs have turned red since the cut, but looking and the trichs and the bud density and smell, im thinking i had to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7 weeks in

Special Queen

Dutch Kush ( i dissassebled the colas as ive never had a plant get this rock hard dense, and i am in fear of a very very long dry and potential mold ) and also im drying on a rack so....

Even the bottom buds that are usually a larfy mess were rock hard and pretty damn close to ripe on this one

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821455 - 11/25/16 12:01 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Milktruck, My heart goes out to you. It sucks that you had to move and harvest early. Double whammy. Don't let it hold you back or get you down. I have a shot of most of the tent. The pineapple white widow cross came to me in a round about way from a friend of a friend. I'm 2 weeks into flower and I'm seeing rapid maturation from my bubble gums. I've been told the mother was originally sprouted over a decade ago and has only been a clone since. I don't think my fan and filter can keep up with the tent now that I'm blowing 200 cfm through the cool tube and exhausting smell separately. hard to explain the problem there but I think I know the fix. couple pics

--------------------

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821491 - 11/25/16 11:19 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

PP dude your setup is pretty awesome. You have both tents running (That veg tent would double as an awesome marthas GH for some trays :wink:) and it looks like you've got a solid rotation in the works. That flower tent is going nuts though! In a good way lol what else do you have growing back there? Tell me thats hops...

2 weeks in is when I started to marvel at my buds making their debut. How many light cycles have you been through in that flower tent?

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821507 - 11/26/16 04:03 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

No hops. There is basil, a small citronella, and a few pereskiopsis. I had all my peres in the tent but had to make room. I had the martha idea in the back of my head. I worry about contams if I would use it for that. How many light cycles? you mean on/off or how many grows? I'm 16 days into flower. The Bubble Gum is so old It's kinda like an auto. It flowers when it wants. I had preflower on my bg before the flip. The rest didn't show until over a week in. I might get some hermaphrodism on the "Blue Dream" and "Char" (bag seed). Glad my setup has the sloppy seal of approval. The next steps for me will be to Air condition the tent and upgrade my carbon filter and fan to something bigger. I think I'm switching to a 600 watt light as well. I'll use about half the power and get more lumens per watt, unless I'm mistaken. Anybody think 1000 watts is overkill for a 4x4 floor space? BTW the Char is cloning at 100%! I hope it is good smoke. I might only grow that If it doesn't herm and the potency is there. I got the bubble from a grower that knows his trade but harvests early and gets rid of it before it's dry. I want to show him the difference when you wait the extra week or two and dry the herb. He told me that the hairs won't turn orange and the trich won't go cloudy/amber. We shall see.

--------------------

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821513 - 11/27/16 07:58 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I meant how many grows have you done with this setup of yours.

And the Martha's would work as long as you are filled ent with keeping the space clean and not let dirt and dust fly all over. Shouldn't be too hard in a veg tent, nearly impossible in flower :lol: but once a tray is colonized it should have no problem coexisting in there. The plants will appreciate the extra CO2 as well.

I don't think 1000w is overkill that's the space that it covers. As long as you have excellent ventilation going. Fit 3 plants in there with a carbon filter and shoot for 6-8 oz a plant. :shrug: but 600 watts would be more efficient. Have you ever considered LEC? You can get a 400w cmh for under 200 bulb/hood/ballast and that's equivalent to a 600w HPS plus you get the energy savings. I am running 1 in a 4x3 tent and my plants are loving it a week and a half into veg. Their progress so far is comparable to when I had my stuff under 1000 MH

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821532 - 11/27/16 07:16 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Some updates on the second tent. Potted in the 7 gal last weds. From this

To this..

In just over a week. They are reacting really well to the 400w CMH :smirk:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821536 - 11/28/16 06:00 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

With my equipment I have tried 3 grows. The first ended in a Goodfellas like wave of paranoia. There was a helicopter and a few other things all in one day while I had some childhood friends visiting. Grow 2, I got the tent and eased my mind a little. It resulted in two females and some pretty good smoke. right now I'm on round 3

--------------------

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821539 - 11/28/16 12:07 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sloppy said:
Some updates on the second tent. Potted in the 7 gal last weds. From this

To this..

In just over a week. They are reacting really well to the 400w CMH :smirk:

what strains are the larger ones? THose look like some hella sativas and me want!!!! They look just like some old school Jack x crack i had a couple years ago

and sorry to keep hijacking your thread like this. but this is what i ended up with

Special Queen #1, 38 grams total, already gave away a half o

Dutch Kush, had 33 grams total, already gave away/sold probably 3/4 an ounce maybe a little more....

the rest is mine, this shit is fucking DANK man, cant wait to give the clones a full 8 week run, looking at these buds im thinking she's a solid 7-8 week strain

And My name is the only one on the lease and ive already called my now ex roomate, he decided HIM leaving was the best course of action, avoiding me having to show up with our landlord since he has no legal right to stay in the residence anyway.

IM setting my closet back up right after i type this, and im going to pick up my big afghani queen and my PPS and DK clones this afternoon. just going to throw the clones under some cfls and the afghani queen under my 400 watt MH and probably dim it down to 75% for now, any lower and it starts to fuck the spectrum

picked this up on black friday sell at the hydro store for $15, might as well use it on a run over the winter while my compost outside is dead. Fox Farm Trio, 16 ounce bottles

Edited by Milktruck (11/28/16 12:32 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821574 - 11/30/16 07:37 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

They are all Blue Dream

Looks dank dude. Nice of you to ahem, give away your hard earned pot.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821575 - 11/30/16 07:47 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

The "Blue Dream" I grew was appreciated by many seasoned smokers. A girl I know that gets packages in the mail wanted to trade me out of all of it, But I had to pass. I wouldn't say it got me higher than most bud but the quality of the high was superior to most of the stuff I can get my hands on in my area.

--------------------

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821576 - 12/01/16 03:30 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sloppy said:
They are all Blue Dream

Looks dank dude. Nice of you to ahem, give away your hard earned pot.

dude....it ruins me every harvest, im that guy that feels bad saying no

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821599 - 12/02/16 05:38 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Milktruck, nothing wrong with helping people. Why did you start cultivting? was it to help others or to help yourself to be the cool kid in school? I'm not talking shit here. It's important to think about from time to time. If we forget why we started and screw ourselves out of our hard earned bud whose fault is it? I ran a 1000 lamp for three months and ended up with 2 girls that yielded just under 5 zips. I gave away :wink: 2-3 and ended up with around 2 for myself. I smoke too much to be giving that much of my stash away. Now I'm smokeless waiting on my next crop. If it's people who really have my back I don't mind helping, but John Q citizen can fuck off.

--------------------

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#821605 - 12/02/16 11:35 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I'm dankrupt too phishphan waiting on my next harvest. I had over a pound last spring but between 3 people living here and me giving a lot away to friends, it went pretty quick lol. Like you, my problem is I'm too generous! :lol:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821607 - 12/02/16 12:56 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phishphan2088 said:
Milktruck, nothing wrong with helping people. Why did you start cultivting? was it to help others or to help yourself to be the cool kid in school? I'm not talking shit here. It's important to think about from time to time. If we forget why we started and screw ourselves out of our hard earned bud whose fault is it? I ran a 1000 lamp for three months and ended up with 2 girls that yielded just under 5 zips. I gave away :wink: 2-3 and ended up with around 2 for myself. I smoke too much to be giving that much of my stash away. Now I'm smokeless waiting on my next crop. If it's people who really have my back I don't mind helping, but John Q citizen can fuck off.

to save my mother 5 grand a year+ and get her off of opiates. and to supply my own habit.

out of almost 3 ounces from two somewhat small plants i ended up with a little over an ounce to myself. had i not pulled all of them i would have another 3 ounces coming in 3 weeks.....before we ran out, but oh well, im living here by myself now so there's always next time

All that was given away went to family, and my one close friend that helps with my electric bill for a small cut of the harvest when he doesn't even live here. I did sell a half ounce of the special queen though ;P to pay for some nutrients i wanted to try and some new genetics im curious about. decided to give fox farm trio a shot because both my compost piles are pretty much dead this time of year and i forgot to bring any inside before the freezes. And really im too lazy to mix up a supersoil or something atm. have used flora nova and roots organics in the past but want to try something i havnt tried before and ive heard good things.

Edited by Milktruck (12/02/16 01:03 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821649 - 12/04/16 12:16 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I have too many strains. No more stakes to use. Bending branches at day 60 of flower. I thought Id be harvesting this weekend but idk if these are ready cause Im still a noob

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821655 - 12/04/16 10:31 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

From what I can see I'd try waiting a week, especially on the sativa dominants. Are you flushing? Some look like they are being flushed, but the middle 2 bud shots look like they could use more plain water. How are your trichomes looking? I get as close as I can with my cell phone and snap a tight bud shot, then zoom in to see if my trichs are clear, milky, or amber. I tend to harvest when most are milky and a few start turning amber. To harvest at 60 days, you need 60 day strains. ND always tells me wait until you think they are ready then wait some more. Here I am going into week 4

p.express x w.widow red and green buckets

char in small black pot. BG clone in foam cup

Another Bubblegum

--------------------

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#821663 - 12/05/16 12:06 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

nice guys :cool:

and we have another winner :awedance:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821709 - 12/06/16 07:58 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sloppy said:
I have too many strains. No more stakes to use. Bending branches at day 60 of flower. I thought Id be harvesting this weekend but idk if these are ready cause Im still a noob

Looks to me like you got another week or so maybe a little less. But it's really hard to see how many pistils are colored and the shading of the trichs under those lights, so my opinion there is moot as they never look as far along as they actually are when under that spectrum.

If i were you id go check em out with a microscope and flashlight right at lights off and then decide what your going to do. if you dont have a microscope if your eyes are good and you get the light at the right angle you'll be able to catch whether or not the trichs have a white or amber tint.

Edited by Milktruck (12/06/16 08:04 AM)

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#821742 - 12/06/16 08:00 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Looking nice!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Theman]
    #821813 - 12/09/16 06:39 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks man!

When I'm looking at the trichomes through a magnifying glass, is the milky color supposed to be super apparent or subtle? Cause most of these trichs have a pretty transparent look to them still at day 64, but theres some amber action going on (like 15% on some) where the others on the same buds still look transparent, So Im thinking because I didn't have this thing a week ago I didn't get to see how transparent they really were before this.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#821825 - 12/10/16 12:19 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Well it's more like no longer clear so pretty obvious so look whitish

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821858 - 12/11/16 09:10 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

id say you got longer than you think then, when the transparency goes away it's pretty obvious, you can even tell from a distance as the swollen white resin heads stand out and make the thing look like you just oured sugar all over the buds, even from a distance.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#821861 - 12/11/16 10:45 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

What's your strains average flowering time?

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Scribbler]
    #821876 - 12/11/16 11:12 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Im running like 6 strains lol. But all of them are recommended 60-65 days. And Im going on day 66

They all look about the same under 60x, with slight variations. Some have gotten less transparent in the last 2 days. Id say about half and half. I'm considering harvesting tomorrow. I don't want to wait too long I don't want a couch-locked high effect from these.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821883 - 12/12/16 08:19 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

hmmmm, mine were past 50/50 when they came down at 6 weeks, but they were 7 week strains.

I am of no use to you here, but as long as you DONT have a high amber trich count you will avoid that heavily sedating couch-lock effect unless your genetics just produce that effect naturally, in which case pulling a little bit early wont change that too much.

My dutch kush is still super stony even pulled a little early, the special queen  is much, much more cerebral

Edited by Milktruck (12/12/16 08:27 AM)

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821893 - 12/12/16 07:10 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard this comparison "when your trich goes from looking like glass to looking like plastic you are close". I also agree that the HPS can make your trich look lighter than they really are. Can you snap a pic with some other source of light? Your plants look nice and healthy. I'm showing severe deficiencies going into week 5 of flower. I'll get some pics today and see if we can't figure out my problem. I'm thinking they need more N as well as magnesium. Sloppy, good work man :hairmetal:

what's going on with my girls? besides the hermaphrodite pineapple expressxwhite widow

--------------------

Edited by phishphan2088 (12/12/16 07:26 PM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#821899 - 12/13/16 12:13 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like you're right about the nitrogen

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821930 - 12/13/16 10:16 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phishphan2088 said:
I'm showing severe deficiencies going into week 5 of flower. I'll get some pics today and see if we can't figure out my problem. I'm thinking they need more N as well as magnesium. Sloppy, good work man :hairmetal:

what's going on with my girls? besides the hermaphrodite pineapple expressxwhite widow

N deficiency for sure, id check your PH to make sure it hasn't risen too far and locked out the N, if that looks good just bump up the N in the feedings for those particular plants. keep an eye on the healthier looking one in the bottom right as well, looks fantastic overall but is just starting to show some of the beginnings of N deficiency as well on a couple of the fan leaves that should still be nice and green for a couple more weeks minimum.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821931 - 12/14/16 12:52 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

My plants shriveled up at the end. All except a couple just completely shit the bed towards the end. Growing organically with a super soil mix so I wasn't really prepared for that last stretch to be such a struggle for them. I need to do a better job with feeding them next time during that critical period. Just water wasn't enough and too much consistent teas in overkill will burn them. Need to find the right balance.

Harvested tonight.

Work station

Banana Kush. Came out pretty purp, hard to tell in the pic though

And this is all except my last 2 plants

Now they are hanging back in the tent as full plants, gonna chop the last 2 tomorrow. And then we wait.
:standingby:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#821934 - 12/14/16 04:06 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Don't put them in the tent with light on!!!!!!!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Theman]
    #821936 - 12/14/16 06:19 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Lights are/were off :super:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#821961 - 12/15/16 01:57 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Nice harvest looks good!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #822079 - 12/21/16 09:24 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Banana Kush

Sour flo

And this massive bowl filled with Jesus OG which was easily my biggest plant.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#822081 - 12/21/16 01:36 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

not bad, still looks a bit early, but not bad at all for a first run. Way better than my first HID run turned out :3

cant wait to hear some smoke reports and see how your next runs turn out, i just started myself another grow journal for my bigger plant/future single plant perpetual runs

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#822102 - 12/21/16 08:13 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

What makes you say it still looks early? I let my plants go until day 68-69. Almost all of them interestingly had the same trichome profile and were all about 50/50 clear/cloudy with some amber thrown in. I just couldn't really wait too much longer for them. Leaves were curling and dying and 8 days over 60 seemed like it was a pretty nice time to harvest. They were putting on anything visible the last 2 weeks. And those lights were getting expensive :lol: Wasn't trying to keep them on for another 5 days just to get a full cloudy profile. Cost/benefit :shrug:

This would have been a lot better if I didn't burn them week 4-5. Gave them compost teas every other day thinking that was ok in an already nutrient rich soil mix. But I learned from my mistake. Also, never having 6 plants per light again in a 4x8. Fuck that. Way too much to handle, and the yield suffered I think.

I'm trimming my last plant and will give a lb/light average when Im done

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#822107 - 12/21/16 08:54 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

the buds look great, im just used to seeing a bit more girth to the calyxes and a bit less pistil coverage by that point in flower. That could easily just be the genetics, but they just dont look quite as filled in as i would expect by that point in flower. How heavy were you feeding the last few weeks before the flush out of curiosity?

But hey, anything over 8 weeks is a massive flowering time for me lol, most my strains have been very quick flowering. I got a couple 9 weeks strains back up to bat now though, and im dreading the 63+ day wait to be honest :lol:

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#822108 - 12/21/16 09:44 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

After the burn I went only water the rest of the time. I wasn't really sure how to handle it, I didn't want to stress them out at that point. But they could have filled out a lot more, you aren't wrong. I was noticing that during my trimming.

Im excited to blast all of my trim into some BHO. Should be some awesome trim run. The best of all worlds. Should get a solid yield too with an HP too

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#822428 - 01/07/17 04:32 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

How did iturn out? the bho? all good i hope?

Also, got any ideas for a site to join that isn't completely dead or grass city that still has a reasonable amount of traffic? maybe im glossing over it but i thought you guys mentioned the site you use a page or two back, but i scrolled through and am not seeing it lol

GC brings in too many children and here, well, is completely dead as forums go as far as i'm concerned :lol: Would also be interested in joining a site where i already know some members when i join lol.

No im not abandoning this site or shroomery if anyone cares. which i doubt lol

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#822432 - 01/07/17 06:51 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

lol this site is always been slow but there are still some good people around . Like i just started a new grow log not to many people say much:wellidunno:

We dont have any more comps either alot of people quit posting!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#822456 - 01/07/17 02:49 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yea for sure, i'm still here aren;t i? :lol:

I actually like having a half dead site to retreat back into occasionally. I was just curious as the other site i al;ways used was GC< but it's absolutely unbearable now a days, it's basically the Facebook of cannabis.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#822458 - 01/07/17 03:04 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I hate facebook

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#822472 - 01/07/17 09:23 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Milktruck said:
How did iturn out? the bho? all good i hope?

Also, got any ideas for a site to join that isn't completely dead or grass city that still has a reasonable amount of traffic? maybe im glossing over it but i thought you guys mentioned the site you use a page or two back, but i scrolled through and am not seeing it lol

GC brings in too many children and here, well, is completely dead as forums go as far as i'm concerned :lol: Would also be interested in joining a site where i already know some members when i join lol.

No im not abandoning this site or shroomery if anyone cares. which i doubt lol

The BHO turned out great. From those 11 plants I had over 9 oz of trim blasted out to around 10.5% yield. Very happy with that outcome. I have oil for days now

That's just some by-product that I winterized from the bowl I blasted in. I got a nice 22 gram slab that's not all that stuff from the bowl that I plastered onto my slickpad

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#822482 - 01/08/17 12:50 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

makes my iso runs look like trash, but im lazy, so ima stick with iso xD

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#822554 - 01/10/17 05:18 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Looks fantastic! I'm not even going to come close to nine on this round. I'll be luck to have more than 5 I think. I took down half of the garden today at day 61 of flower. I'll show some pics when I get a chance to upload. Nice hash sloppy

--------------------

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#822694 - 01/16/17 01:08 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

around 3 oz dry already and probably 2-3 more this week. I fell dramatically short of my goal.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#822716 - 01/16/17 08:42 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

:idhitit:

Offlinegrowups
Legal grower
Male

#822828 - 01/19/17 04:30 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Good shit dude. Just got back on to follow up on ya grow.:thumbup:

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#822915 - 01/22/17 03:26 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phishphan2088 said:

around 3 oz dry already and probably 2-3 more this week. I fell dramatically short of my goal.

What do you think the problem was? You had 1 600w light correct? 6 oz isn't the worst case scenario bro you still probably made some dank ass shit

I'll post some pics later tonight. I've got a crazy ass configuration. 3 lights. 3 growing styles. 3 or 4 different strains

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #822947 - 01/24/17 03:47 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks staying positive!

6 oz of dank shit is a winner in my book :thumbup:

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #823637 - 02/12/17 05:42 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Here's what I'm going to flip in a week or 2

I put 2 reflective window shades in the clone/veg tent to minimize lost light because I'm running 4 100 W equivalent bulbs and small LED panel

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds