Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Sloppy]
    #819985 - 10/06/16 11:11 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

DAY 2: Flower

I might need to prune one more time in a week, It's going to get crowded in here.

I'm in love with the canopy of this Unlabeled plant (Denver Kush fingers crossed)

Stuck this loser in the corner cause that's what he deserves

Tomorrow spraying my leaves with Neem, Thyme, and chili pepper seed soak, because next time this dude wants to bite a fan leaf when my back is turned hell get a surprise :evil:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Edited by Sloppy (10/06/16 11:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#820464 - 10/23/16 11:24 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Day 18 Flower-

Looking good :cool:

Im taking out my sickly ass headband from the corner and making it a house plant. The other plants will use the space better.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
    #820608 - 10/29/16 11:49 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Nice man, seems like were both right about the same stage at the moment, your maybe a little bit farther than me. And maybe one day ill feel comfortable running a setup that size. Impressive!

As for adding the daylight cfl's around the perimeter, if you can manage the temps and afford the electricity it couldnt hurt, i had planned on supplementing my 400watt with some CFL's a little later on as my plants get taller

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Milktruck]
    #820609 - 10/29/16 01:10 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Milktruck said:
Nice man, seems like were both right about the same stage at the moment, your maybe a little bit farther than me. And maybe one day ill feel comfortable running a setup that size. Impressive!

As for adding the daylight cfl's around the perimeter, if you can manage the temps and afford the electricity it couldnt hurt, i had planned on supplementing my 400watt with some CFL's a little later on as my plants get taller

Yeah that was my plan for just when they get taller. For the inevitable shaded areas. I can definitely afford the heat running a cmh, affording electricity is a crapshoot, but I can afford the amperage so theres that lol. I'm literally utilizing 3 different circuits so I have some amps to play with.

When did you flip? I do believe we did around the same time also.
But honestly yeah running 2 HIDS is a lot of trouble and very expensive. That's why I was saying I appreciate the way you go about looking for max yields from low watts. Js you should look into a cmh for a second light. It would go great in that wallpaper box of yours because you probably wouldn't want to run a 400W MH in there cause thats probably too much heat. You'd fckin kill it on yields honestly you'd have more bud than you'd know what to do with.

This was last night

This is my bedroom. Fixed ducting issues still needs some tuning up.

Im creating such an effective negative pressure system in the tent its bending my vertical support at the point of the zipper seam. Reinforcing that tonight.
400W cmh gets it's own tent where the table is. Same dimensions just a little wider. Tent is under construction right now it'll be fine for veg I'm just hoping my craftsmanship will be good enough for flowering.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820611 - 10/29/16 01:44 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

My box runs room temp thanks to the way i have the room setup, instead of light proofing the closet, i took the doors down and left it open to an entire air conditioned room, and instead i light proofed the whole room (which was easy since its a basement)

temps at canopy with a 400 watt HPS 10 inches away (i was reccomended 12-14 inches do to heat)are mid to upper 70s, with the room temp around 72 :wink: i cant light as large an area with it closer, but my plants are getting more intense light so i hope there is a benefit somewhere in there for that

I could run a second 400 watt HPS without worrying about my heat output. My house has geothermal air circulation and vents directly into the room with the gbrow closet :laugh:

Will definately look into the CMH though, just out of curiosity im assuming i can plug and play them right into my digital switching ballast? or will i need something specific.

How is the lumen output for CMH? i know that HPS puts out about 15% of its lumens in unusable infrared, but puts out an average of 25% more lumens per watt so you still get about 10% more photosyntheticall active light from HPS over *standard* metal halide from the same wattage lamp (this obviously varies brand to brand as well)

Edited by Milktruck (10/29/16 01:51 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#820614 - 10/29/16 03:36 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Lumens are great, CMH utilized both MH and HPS spectrums so it's the most photosynthetic accommodating light on the market. That's why yields per watt can be so much greater than HID.

You can't ever plug and play standard 315W LEC because the greedy pigs of marijuana corps now are trying to monopolize. But there are 2 kinds of 400W CMH out there that are plug and play IF (big if) you are running them on a correct wattage HPS MAGNETIC ballast. The bulb has a universal male socket that can be used with any of your universal hoods, as long as that hood can plug into a regular magnetic ballast and it's not the circular plug with 3-like prongs. Mine takes the adapter with 2 offset an 1 flat prong.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820617 - 10/29/16 05:41 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

i actually have a 400 watt magnetic HPS ballast, but its 240 volt non switchable, id have to wire it into my oven/clothes dryer circuit.

Is just an old 400 watt security fixture lol, but its still a magnetic transformer ballast lol

i just liked the idea of this digital one that draws 460 watts and outputs 400, that magnetic one draws almost 600 to output 400, but if the yeild differnce will pay MORE than the wattage draw from the outlet difference, i will gladly invcestigate one lol, seems it would take a couple grows to pay for itself if i were to switch, and im a stingy asshat :lol: i never even switched to HID until i could get an entire kit under $100 and over 250 watts

And because i like to knit-pick, CMH is still techinically HID, so is mercury vapor and induction lighting lol.

And personally, i consider HOT5 HID as well, it puts out more lumens per watt than standard Metal Halide and cant run on AC current,. it needs magnetic transformers or digital circuitry in ballast to switch it over to the proper form of current just like HPS, MH, MV, and CMH, its just usually built into the lighting fixture, this applies to the high wattage CFL's as well.

only lights i personally wouldnt consider HID are Incandescent and Halogen, and then you have LED, which is a whole other can of worms all together, but is still technically operated through ballast (usually digital transformers)

Its kind of a pet peve i have, a 150 watt MH putting out 14,400 lumens is considered HID, when a 125 watt CFL at the SAME lumens in the SAME color temperature of lights, and also is also ballast opperated is NOT considered HID :lol:

Edited by Milktruck (10/30/16 07:35 PM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#820635 - 10/30/16 12:59 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

looks freaking awesome :hatsoff:

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Scribbler]
    #820653 - 10/30/16 10:22 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Milktruck, I think even at 600w it would pay for itself after first harvest. How do you know how many watts your ballast draws to put out? I didn't know it worked like that it kinda makes no common sense?

Scribs, no you're freaking awesome :super: thanks for the rating too man

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Edited by Sloppy (10/30/16 10:22 PM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#820654 - 10/30/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

:greatjob: :popcorn:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820656 - 10/30/16 11:07 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

nah its just thermodynamics, the circuit of a ballast (or any PCB or transformer, analogue or digital) is never 100% effecient, it wouldnt be able to do anything to the flow of current if it was.

A 400 watt ballast outputs 400 watts to a 400 watt bulb yes, but in the process of of mucking around with the AC current to make it usable for the lights there is ALWAYS some energy lost through heat, usually there is a small 5-10 watt cooling fan of some kind, and in the case of a magnetic ballast, you even lose some energy being pulled from the wall to sound from the pulsing of the 60 hz electrical signal.

And if you read the smaller print on your ballasts carefully you will find a power draw and a power output rating somewhere

my 400 watt OUTPUT digital ballast draws 460 watts from my house's curcuits, the magnetic 240 volt ballast draws 585 watts (is old as fuck, not sure how old but its old, im surprised it works) from the wall as measured by a fancy 15 outlet surge protector i bought on amazon, it has a little LCD that reads the power draw of everything plugged into it, and even stores enough power to run my ballast should power go out for 10 minutes or so, enough time to hit the panic button and rig of my generator and portable led's, this would only run my magnetic ballast at power outage for about 6 minutes or maybe less. not sure how the power sagging on lithium ion batteries works

Point bing, the wattage rating of ballasts is output, not power draw from the circuit, and not all ballasts are the same, but the BEST 400 watt digital or magnetic ballasts made still pull about 415 watts from the curcuit as far as i know.

This is something you MUST know when you calculate your power usage or you may be in for a surprise when the bills are due this time next year for the current month (especially if using inexpensive magnetic ballasts)

Edited by Milktruck (10/30/16 11:15 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#820675 - 10/31/16 08:28 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

So my ballast takes up 4 amps, running on a 120v circuit the thing should be pulling 480W total maybe? I'm not sure if that's the right calculations but I know it uses 4 amps at 120.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #820679 - 11/01/16 05:29 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Watts = Volts * Amps.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: phychotron]
    #821153 - 11/15/16 07:01 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Hey sloppy, a friend of mine said you were doing pretty well with your new setup. He's a member over on the blue page. I respect the tent. I just flipped my tent to 12/12. I think between seed and clones I ended up with all females. I have to keep my home at 65F for my tent to be in the mid 70's. I run 1000W HPS with a cool tube. I used to have my light exhaust and carbon filter in line before causing temps near 100 (sometimes more i think) in my 4x4x7 tent. Keep it up man!

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: phishphan2088]
    #821343 - 11/20/16 09:31 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Pp thanks for the follow my man, always cool to see I have a few people interested in what I'm doing. Who's your buddy? Do I know him? You're a member over there as well if I'm not mistaken, right?

A nice cool 65 has been impossible for me to maintain. Weather has been abnormally warm. For the last month I have been running at a consistent 84. If it spikes to high 80s low 90s I will toss the lights back to 400 or 600 and let the tent equalize. Then by nighttime I can usually flip it back to full power cause it gets cool enough.

I also added a second tent to my setup. In that tent which is 3x4x7 I have 1 400w CMH in a glassless hood, a tower fan, and a 6" can fan exhaust out the top of the tent. This thing runs around 80 on a hot night. Also will raise the temp of the room a couple degrees which affects the main tent. Takes dialing in on these warmer nights but in the dead of winter they will both kill it. I constructed the setup myself, and it will work great for veg but I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to make it truly light resistant for flower, considering the doors are just flaps right now

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821344 - 11/20/16 09:51 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

been dead here recently and i dont feel like updating my journal, getting more activity by far on GC lol (yea im still a slave to the beast)

so ithought id throw up a couple bud shots as my girls sit right now and maybe, just maybe, ill see some of yours in return :lol: Its day 40 or something like that for the Special Queen and the dutch kush

Dutch Kush, gonna give her another 10 days and pull a week early to make room for a couple new ladies that are starting to get into full flower now (my incredible bulk and PPS)

Special Queen #1, this pheno isnt anywhere near as dank looking as my last special queen, the flower structure and calyx formation is quite literally PERFECT, but im glad i bred with the last one, this one im not upset i didnt clone it, good yield and structure, but smell and frost coverage is sub par for sure

And this is the Bulk, followed by the pineapple purp skunk im trying to make room for.

You would have to smell the PPS in person to believe me man....its not even worth describing....unbelievable, almost doesnt seem real xD

i have rooted clones of both, i actually got 2 differnt phenos from the one PPS, it was a chimera of some sort. when i topped it months back i got 5 new shoots lol, not 2 like usuall

I showed you mine, now show me yours!!! :lol:

Edited by Milktruck (11/21/16 12:03 AM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#821357 - 11/21/16 06:57 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Dude 5 shoots!? that's nuts. Beautiful I'm jealous of that outcome lol. I like that cola you pictured of your special queen. Whats the plant all the way to the right in your grow box? That isn't the same age right?

But alright, if you insist. I took pics last night but it was late and I wasn't trying to make a big post. But here they are

This is Banana Kush. Frostiest dankest plant I got. Too bad yields not gonna be that great. that whole side of the tent is just kind of, short in stature

Sour flo. Proud of this strain it's killing it and way frostier than I thought it would be.

And this is the tall side of the tent. just a bunch of lanky ass Jesus OG colas in formation :lol: Candy kush in the background

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821373 - 11/22/16 03:07 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

looks great, maybe one day i can start to focus on grows with yields like yours, fuck my state xD

and yup, 5 shoots from one topping, was the only training i had to do, actually had to prune a bit because i had TOO MANY tops wanting to fight for supremacy on her lol

And the small one all the way to the right is my dutch kush, yes it IS INDEED the same age, it did NOT like the same intensity of light as my others, and is a pure indica anyway, so its a squat little bush while everything else is reaching for the skies.

if you meant the one in the back right, that's the Bulk, i had to send it into flower early as im still expecting it to out yield the others, incredible bulk is a 1000gram/m2 Indica strain that finishes in 7-8 weeks with potency upwards of 24% according to the breeder....basically its worth its weight in gold xD, its half the age of the PPS, and hasnt been flowering as long, is currently twice the size flowering out way faster

Not going to run my dutch kush again till i have the clone propagated enough to run an entire grow of just the dutch kush. it isnt a plant im going to want to run with other genetics, would impact my grow negatively for sure

its the densest, most resinous nugs in the box, with only like 70% the light intensity, if i propagated this one well, i could back the light off an extra 6 inches without causing problems and fit a couple extra plants in there i think.

Im most impressed with the incredible bulk, early onset frost production, was making glandular trichs since it was born, the only plant ie had thats done that, and its probably going to out yield all my other 3 while taking up half the space. i didnt clone it, and regret it, but i got 4 more bulk seeds so all is not lost there

The special queen had literally perfect flower formation, it could just easily be way danker, ive had special queens way danker than this lol.....heres an example lol

And personally, id probaly reach for that Sour Flo. first :wink:

Edited by Milktruck (11/22/16 03:31 PM)

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

#821385 - 11/23/16 08:56 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I think you know the friend I mentioned. NDsteppXX. I've heard nothing but good things! You mind if I throw up some pics and we could trade notes? I have 3 bubble gum clones, 2 fem Pineapple express x White Widow, and a couple mysteries. I had an indica dominant mystery seed that turned out to be male. Not a big deal because this was basically extra. I don't know If I have adequate space for what's in there right now.

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: phishphan2088]
    #821424 - 11/24/16 12:13 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Let's see bro, I'd like to see your setup. Over crowding is real, but it's hard to gauge what's the best use of space, what's too little, and what's too much. PE x WW sounds like an amazing strain where'd you get it?

ND is my boy :stoner:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale