Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: anthiawe]
    #819583 - 09/24/16 04:47 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

ok sorry guys been busy I updated the op had to move everything around to make it easier to pull the super silver haze the Queens are doing great queen 2 in the middle is looking amazing hard to get pics of the whole thing though and as for the queen in the rig queen 1 she got some light bleaching goin on so I had to rotate her... now for the ace high I had 2 pop balls so far I got one left and it's looking like a male too hopefully not I'm gonna pop more soon but in the little grow bags from left to right easy Kush auto/skunk6x/ ace high
now the non pot plants that have taken residence a miracle berry plant that has exploded with new growth since the transition and a bumblebee kratom plant I have a few more strains coming but these guys will fill the nooks in my grow ops

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #819597 - 09/25/16 08:20 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

That main queens got some nice colas going on...glad it finally showed a bit more of its Indica heritage :smile:

That main queen is definatwly my favorite plant you got going atm.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Milktruck]
    #819921 - 10/04/16 08:05 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

So new pics up those Queens are getting close to harvest time!!! started to taper off on nutes for the main queen and the soiless ones have been flushed with just water and I stopped feeding all together though the may be absorbing minor nutes from the over flow from my other plants that's the main reason I flushed now I figure the plants will use all of the stored nutes and the ultra light run off and be fine by the time they are ready to pull I have to say I am very surprised by the 3rd queen  (the Un topped one) she just got nice and frosty real early and is still going strong I'm gonna keep them separate so I can see which pheno to look for to keep as my first mama that smell is so awesome and unique as long as she smokes well it's worth it to keep her just for that! but very impressed with this cross super fast from start to finish pretty solid stems but most importantly still produces well in high temps

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #819971 - 10/06/16 08:07 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

The queen in the middle pics looks like shes gonna have some fat nugs...I wish your clone from her would have taken off.

And personally I would let them go another couple weeks at least. Another week to ten days for sure.

Edited by Milktruck (10/06/16 06:26 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #820013 - 10/07/16 08:57 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yea I planned for another 3 to 4 weeks I'm just unsure how much to flush soiless so I figure flush till it shows in the plant then add minimal nutes until a week before harvest and thanks to your generosity milk I still have enough seed to do a good pheno hunt i set up a windiw spot for a seperate dwc cloning rig so nothing can mess up my clones again so that's what I'll be doing while I sample strains just cracked more along with more ace high and critical+ next up in the flower tent will be 3 easy Kush plants since all of the last 5 ace high seeds turned out male which is super upsetting

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820014 - 10/07/16 09:38 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Id personally keep nuting up to about ten days before the cut. Just water from then. Theyll do a LOT of fattening that last couple weeks if your pk is balanced nicely.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820015 - 10/07/16 10:12 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

good idea the main queen has still got the same nutes schedule cause I'm comfortable with hydro but with the choir I don't know but I'll try it you know what this strain can take and they have eaten heavy nutes without being phased

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820209 - 10/15/16 12:03 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Updated pics

well looks like the main queen is suffering from root rot so I treated with ozone and will be running just water till she bounces back with should be a week at most but she's now behind the others it's still hot in my tent like 85 lights off 90ish lights on I'm gonna put another fan in temporarily since the only extra fan I have is a little Vornado knock off I'll get a clip on one to replace that since ground area is precious in my tent...
other than that I think the queen 2 might have been touched by root rot as well slowing her growth down but that single stem queen is like 1 huge nug and is super frosty which I'm really stoked about I've decided to run these until they show a bunch of Amber trichs I usually wait for a couple Amber ones but I'm having mad issues curing buds so I wanna make sure they are ripe before I pull em...
by the way thone little guys are 3 Easy Kush plants I got these as freebies and have no clue of what they are I assume auto fem they were from Feminised seed so yea I guess we will see I also have 3 critical+ seedlings behind the easy that cane from dyna seeds no clue what they are either but I'm assuming auto fem as well any insight on those strains  would be much appreciated

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820241 - 10/15/16 11:20 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

i am quite pleased to see how theyre doing even in far from perfect conditions (no offense intended)

and if your not getting any weird smells from the runoff water after you do water them then i doubt its root rot, those two just look a wee bit deficient compared to the single cola one, which would kinda make more sense if theyre getting the same nute regiment (not sure there) since those two are larger plants adding weight a bit quicker, or trying to at least.

its hard to tell from the pics but to me the main queen almost looks drought or heat stressed or a combination of the two along side maybe some N def. by comparison to the others, and that tends to cause that curling yelowing off of the leaves like that if it becomes somewhat cronic (the heat and drought that is) as for the topped smaller one, im thinking that may just be a less vigerous lower yeilding pheno comparing it to the other two (that is if its getting the same nutrient regiments)

I mention this because the mother of the cross, the special queen, she goes yellow from any sort of stress or nutrient deficiencyu very easily, and your main queen is damn near IDENTICAL to the mother of this cross. the way she colas, the way she drops her fan leaves all night, and how willing she is to top out into new colas without hesitating. just isnt the easiest plant in the book to grow, but regardless of what she looks like, if you get her to harvest succesfully you will be more than pleased :wink:

and if you do indeed have root rot, ive always dealt with that by just adding small amounts of 3% hydrogen peroxide to my nutrient solutions for a couple hours, then replace (if hydro) or flush (if soil or soiless) if you are doing this with soiless or soil mediums, you need to run an air bubbler in the flush water for a bit before you flush with it or you will just enmd up compounding the problem.

As for ozone, have never had a real need for it for anything, there are safer options that work just as well imho

Edited by Milktruck (10/15/16 11:34 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820280 - 10/15/16 10:37 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

With the main queen I can see and feel the roots it's root rot in its early stages I have dealt with it before apparently my house is still too hot im sure dropping my light and bleaching the leaves didnt help either...
as for the one in the soiless I can see the roots just under the surface and they look just like root rot all dead and old spiderweb lookin so I treated it just to make sure all the soiless had the same feed schedule the main is a bit different since it's hydro but the main is the biggest plant but the two soiless are pretty close in size just shaped differently ... I've tried many ways h2o2 hydromicrobials but ozonated water works the best and is super safe not sure what danger your talking about I use it in so many applications from gargling to killing mildew in the shower I usually treat all of my water before i add nutes but got really busy lately so just been straight from the tap

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820290 - 10/16/16 12:07 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Ahh ozone water.

I immediately thought ozone generator when you said ozone my bad. I have no opinion there. Never used it.

And I guess if you see rot. There's rot xD. Good luck and hope you take care of it. Been a long time since I've seen root rot, my box is left open to a dark air conditioned room in the basement lol, temps 68 to 75 all the time and I never water till the pots get light. Ill stop making recommendations for a setup I've never used myself now :lol:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820304 - 10/17/16 12:23 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

nah man your input is always appreciated and yea I got a little ozone generator that's super safe and automated instead of using big arcs to create ozone it uses tons of little arcs and are pumped directly in to your water via an air stone it's pretty awesome and economical the power of bleach that is safe enough to gargle with I use it for everything
sadly root rot is very common in my area if you catch it early (before it stinks up the place) you can save the plant in hydro it starts by matting the roots with this slimey goop and makes the roots come apart at the touch I never had it in this type of rig with so much airflow but it's obviously not as safe as I thought...

well this next run of easy Kush will be all soiless but I've learned from this grow that I need to pick with one medium per run either soiless or rigs cause this height difference really messes shit up
and feeding would be much easier it's a nightmare now trying to balance the nutes...
I am truly impressed with these Queens they can take a licken and still put out nice looking ladies I cracked more and am on the hunt for those phenos I'm gonna try really hard to clone the single cola pheno even though it don't like to branch  and the 2nd queen they have traits that would work the best for my setup and they both have that unique smell the main queen smells more sweet piney with a lite skunk I'm about to extract from the trimmings tonight I trimmed it all back and just left the main colas so she dosent have to work so hard to recover

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #820305 - 10/17/16 09:04 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm gonna try really hard to clone the single cola pheno even though it don't like to branch

Folar feeding with a light mixture of fulvic acid, and kelp will help the plant grow laterally giving you those branches you want.
You shouldn't do this no more than once a week, I do it about every 10 days to be safe.
I also use a yucca extract in my folar mix.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Stoneth]
    #820307 - 10/17/16 12:43 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

thanks thats really that's good to know what ratio should I use? I'll have to use nutritional supplements unless there is an easier way

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #820319 - 10/17/16 06:37 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I use NPK industries raw solubles' kelp and full up.
I only use a light 1/16 teaspoon of each in a gallon of water.
So I figure the 2 oz bags of these two nutes may last me 10 years.:lol:

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820322 - 10/17/16 09:39 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

awesome thanks a bunch i use pure food grade mineral salts for my regular nutes so im familiar with it but kelp and yucca are the hard ones ill look at the raw line shipping is generally a big issue to HI so its hard to find good vendors oh i meant to ask you were talking about that guy trying to sell his foliar spray on another post and you mentioned using b12 in your flower mix where and in what form do you get that i only found natural supplements in caps and tabs is there something else? and if you dont mind what is your bloom mix?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #820324 - 10/17/16 11:54 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, I'm not the one using b12, however I use b vitimins in my mix.  I use either superthrive or hydrozyme.

I'm currently running flora series, floralicous plus, carboload, with liquid and dry koolbloom.  The folar spray is only used in veg and up to the third week of flowering.

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820325 - 10/18/16 03:03 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

ahhh it was a bit ago I must be confused cool great info man I only found b vitamins through npk so I'll try that out in my flowering mix and I saw this http://www.ebay.com/itm/111691935436
and was wondering if that will work it's the same price for the raw fulvic and kelp 2oz bags and I'm gonna grab some yucca  extract powder to mix with it how Is that Kool bloom wet and dry working for you? I  just started using a cal mag and phosphorus mix at the tail end of flowering so no real results this run next one though I'll add that b vitamins...
in other news that main queen had to come down it was starting to dry on the stem when I pulled out the roots it was clear that it was too far gone... so I yanked it and need to dry in bags to get the moisture right it's a good thing I stopped misting that plant or it could have gone moldy fast pics of the bounty and nasty will be up in a bit

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #820330 - 10/18/16 11:08 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Remember the b vitimis is good for root health, and helping the plant deal with stress.  The products you linked to maybe ok, but I know nothing of them so I can't say they're good to use.  Seems a bit cheap for 2 lbs, imo.  These guys carry most of the npk raw line  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NPK-RAW-Nutrients-Hydroponics-Soil-Soluble-Supplement-Fertilizer-Plant-Growth-/131962039520?var=&hash=item1eb98cece0:m:m7KnHkMuehZkOsh4nU2aPgQ ;
I'm a big fan of the koolblooms, been using them for 8 years.  Gotta be careful with the dry tho, some plants just find it to extreme.  Great booster when used right at the right times, but death or hermie when used to soon or in to high of a dose.

Phosphorus is better used during the beginning of flowering or even lightly used at the beginning of veg feeding.  Potassium is what the plant is looking for at the end of flowering.

OK when it comes to cal mag, your base most likely has all of it the plant needs generally speaking.  To use more you'll need to find a source of amino acids to help the plant carry up the extra Calcium.  Without the amino acids I doubt you'd ever see any results by just adding cal mag alone.  There are benefits in using the team tho, stronger stems, mold, and powder mildew resistant just to name a few.

In your spare time I recommend watching Harley Smith on youtube, or even sign up for classes on npk university.  I've learned more in the past three months about nutes and how the plant uses them, than I have since I joined this site.  The classes are free and online.  If you're busy on class day, no biggie they'll send you a link to the video of that class.

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820332 - 10/18/16 04:27 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

ive watched a few but i know if im gonna be serious about mixing nutes i should enroll i didnt know it was free going to check that out thanks again

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags