Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID)
    #818279 - 08/17/16 06:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

So There is no way I'll be able to run different logs and keep track of everything so this will be my only grow log from now on I will always update the main post with pics so there will be no need to flip through pages I haven't thought about this till now but I wonder if there is a limit to a single post I hope not or I may have to edit my lower posts to at least keep it on the first page lol anyway here is what I'm growing and thanks for watching!

The Grow-op...
I start by sprouting seeds on a napkin in little dishes as soon as the sprout they are transfered to rockwool cubes in net pots and put inew to veg limbo
Veg Limbo

It has 120w CFL and 2x 3w led bulbs the grow bucket is either DWC or Aerofog depending on what I'm doing (I'd like to keep it aerofog but have been having equipment issues)
Veg limbo is meant to veg plants until a spot opens up in my flowering tent running 400w HPS in the flowering tent there are many different hydroponic rigs and grow systems I'm still feeling my way around trying to find my perfect rig and strain so failures and hard lessons will be had!
since this is not a new grow long some shit won't make sense unless you read it all but I'll try to keep log op updated so on to the grows...

Queens to date...(07252016-08182016)

08232016 (Flower Tent)

09072016(In Flower 2x Ace High 3x Milktruck's Queen 1x Super Silver Haze)

09142016 Ace High Queens and Silver Haze

10032016 The 3 Queens

10172016 Main Queen down...

Edited by Baron_Samedi (10/18/16 03:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #818345 - 08/19/16 10:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

it's  RQS Special Queen #1 (mother) x Seedsman Original afghani #1 (father), the mother was fairly homogenous for the ones i ran, she was a remarkably fast flowering plant for how how much sativa it looked like she had in her, super eager to branch out, and a fairly large plant for the age compared to some other MUCH pricier and MUCH more well known strains ive run i wont mention names of :lol: the special kush #1 im running right now doesn't exactly appear to be quite as described genetically, but it is however the most impressive plant of my current fem seed batch by faqr, compared to more well known and pricier seeds. i have NOTHING to do with royal queen, they just have very impressive genetics imo.

and the father varied wildly in phenos male and female, i just used the most eager male to respond to topping for the father. According to seedsman it's one of the original afghani landraces brought back in the 1970s

i just call it afghani queen for short and just tend to name the mother plants ive kept individually, the older they get and farther into flower the more difference you'll see in the phenotypes

in that middle pic on the bottom row of pictures, the queen in the front right, i like her :3 hopefully her anyway.

Some of the pheos will flower out stupidly fast by the way. Ive had a couple even throw preflowers by the 4th or 5th node, which for this cross isnt that old most the time. i would have to say the afghani is the dominant genotype in the cross...

but if you get one of those lanky phenos, cherish it, they have this strangely pleasant burnt rubber smell ive never encountered anywhere else, the taste is not easy to describe and the buzz of those ones is way up their in my book.

Most of them just have a nice pungent stank and taste like a pine tree lol, at least the way ive grown them out. Cant wait to sample my outdoor queen though, really wish i had cloned her. Heavily indica dominant, and smells like skunky citrus atm :cool: this cross is a bit of a wild card but i have yet to be disappointed, still got a couple dozen saved for myself.

Edited by Milktruck (08/19/16 10:58 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #818350 - 08/19/16 11:52 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for clearing that up man I erased the original message that had all that info they are growing stupid fast as soon as I harvest the Quad they gotta get in to the flower tent so next week sometime those roots will not stop getting tangled usually the roots will bunch in the layer of fog but these refuse and keep getting longer... very impressed so far

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818358 - 08/20/16 11:46 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:

Dude, it's the land race in them, i promise you, these things are some of the most robust and vigorous seeds ive run (afghani land race) crossed with some of the highest quality herb ive ever produced (being the special queen, yes it really is that good for a cheap skunk hybrid, is also one of, if not THE most consistent and homogenous fem seeds ive ran), i have NO regrets over the drunk pollinating and spilled zip lock, these seeds more than make up for that one loss of yield. And im quite pleased i had enough to share and not run out myself!!! good luck and god speed! You are in the presence of a Queen! :lol:

Ive shared a lot of these seeds since last fall, local and online, had almost 1000, now down to a couple dozen... and locally, ive already purchased a couple street bags im 99% sure came from my afghani queen cross lolololol

third row of pics, first picture, front right spot on the container, ill bet you  thats the first male of the group lol. That one looks like it doesnt want to branch out....at all lol, it doesnt seem too concerned with making budsites to support seeds :wink:

A lot of the female phenos in this cross can easily get their pistil stuck in the preflowers as well, when they are still immature and small, just make sure you wait till more mature flowers start to form before you weed out the males, ive moved a couple suspected males outside only to come to find out they were indeed females. But those less willing to branch females are less desireable phenotypes anyway, so was never much of a loss.

Edited by Milktruck (08/20/16 12:02 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818461 - 08/23/16 03:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the big top my Queens!

the Queens are in the flower tent now and they look real happy unfortunately the suspected male didn't make it I topped and it refused to branch so I culled it I only got room for 3 and that one grew like a boy and you know there's no boys allowed in the girls tent lol so the best looking one went in the rig and the others had to go in to a soiless mix my buddy has flaked on me with his super soil so I may just keep them soil less it will be nice to see a side by side grow of the same strain and similar looking pheno Aero vs soil less same nutes age and everything...

so anyone else hate the stupid heart icon that shows up on the posts? they are bugging the hell out of me

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Edited by Baron_Samedi (08/23/16 04:36 PM)

InvisibleHashed
    #818473 - 08/24/16 02:31 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:dancer:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Hashed]
    #818500 - 08/24/16 03:43 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

yea buddy, and yea, the males usually just dont respond to topping well, they stall for a bit when you do, they are more concerned with getting taller then they are making sites for seeds to develop, so when that main stem gets cut they just panic because they dont know what to do with the leftover auxins. :wink:

although i have had some males just as bushy as the females that respond to topping just as well, only to spit balls after the flip

to change the post icon dont uncheck " I want to preview my modifications and add or edit an attachment. "

when you hit continue you get a lot more options, one of them is to change your post icon

mine is now googly eyes :lol:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818503 - 08/24/16 04:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

yup but I got a feeling with the two biggest not sure about the slow poke yet lol of course that's in contrast with the other Queens so average poke...

and yea or you can just click the icon to change it but before the default was forgettable it's noworth it's a fucking bright ass heart now every post has that shit on it

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818507 - 08/24/16 06:54 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
yup but I got a feeling with the two biggest not sure about the slow poke yet lol of course that's in contrast with the other Queens so average poke...

and yea or you can just click the icon to change it but before the default was forgettable it's noworth it's a fucking bright ass heart now every post has that shit on it

yea, to be completely honest, i cull the ones that dont present that hybrid vigor immediately, i tend to only put effort into slower ones when they are feminized genetics, and once those get going and you get some clones going they veg just as fast as plants with hybrid vigor

its that first couple weeks that vigor makes itself known, it gives you a MAJOR headstart, it really does, and im so happy so many in this cross present it, my results have been about 2/3 queens present MASSIVE hybrid vigor within days of popping.

You cant stop them, and that is an under statement, i fucking love these seeds, can go seed to harvest in 10 to 11 weeks flat. no more than 10 if in DWC and flipped to flower as soon as a staggered node shows, and chances are youll still pull a couple zips of one let go all the way.

Hell, my outdoor queen is going to be done by the second week of september :lol:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818561 - 08/26/16 10:25 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

new pics up

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Offlineanthiawe
Stranger
    #818582 - 08/27/16 12:39 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:goodluck:

InvisibleHashed
Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: anthiawe]
    #818673 - 08/29/16 06:47 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I'm happy to see Milktruck's Afghani Queen get out there!

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#818749 - 08/31/16 10:08 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hashed said:
I'm happy to see Milktruck's Afghani Queen get out there!

Hey buddy.  Do I need to do the usual here?

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Inocuole]
    #818772 - 08/31/16 03:44 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

what usual? does this have anything to do with my grow log?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleHashed
    #818787 - 08/31/16 06:49 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

It's got absolutely nothing to do with your grow log baron.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818791 - 08/31/16 07:31 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yea this is a forum for grow logs so please take any other bullshit to the lounge where it belongs Inocuole...

Also thanks hashed it is a real fast growing strain but without any crazy stretching so the nodes are still lined up nicely I'm gonna update pics in a little while they are already poking thru the SCROG on top there is one i will transplant today the other I suspect to be male so I'll hold off until it pops sex

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818803 - 08/31/16 11:28 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

thanks man I'm loving my set up though I think my fogger is malfunctioning it's making the water stupid hot that's why that one doc is dying but it's so close to finish so I'm just gonna let it go...
yup I've been told about the burnt rubber smell it's hard to tell at the moment my flowering room is piled up right now with the docs in full bloom so it's a mix of smells but while I was transferring the smaller queen I got a good smell off her and no burnt rubber but a nice unique smell so not sure what it will develope in to but it smells great

new pics up i put them in the back since the docs will finish soon but it's hard to get good pics with all those SCROG rings lol

InvisibleHashed
    #818805 - 09/01/16 02:24 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Lol, sorry, I deleted the post you replied to because my statement had already been covered, I'm retarded, should've read the thread before posting.

I had not read this thread yet, had I read it, I would not have repeated what Milktruck already stated, yes, burned rubber pheno.:lol:

Excuse my idiot ass.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818816 - 09/01/16 11:58 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Holy Shit! I had no idea you could just delete posts here! shroomery won't let you unless that's changed too...

and no worries hashed

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleHashed
    #818848 - 09/02/16 12:57 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

You can't.

You can only delete a post clean off a thread if said post was the last post in a thread before anyone has replied to it...

You would have seen my post and replied to it JUST after I had deleted it.

I would have deleted it while you were replying to it.:rofl:
Make sense?:smile:

Anyway, like I said in the post I deleted, fucking sweet setup brother, I'm really looking forward to this one!
:threadmonitor::thisisgonnabegood::popcorn:

I would get the ball rolling again, but I don't have anything else to add at this point I'm afraid, until then, I'll be watching.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals