Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID)
    #818279 - 08/17/16 06:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

So There is no way I'll be able to run different logs and keep track of everything so this will be my only grow log from now on I will always update the main post with pics so there will be no need to flip through pages I haven't thought about this till now but I wonder if there is a limit to a single post I hope not or I may have to edit my lower posts to at least keep it on the first page lol anyway here is what I'm growing and thanks for watching!

The Grow-op...
I start by sprouting seeds on a napkin in little dishes as soon as the sprout they are transfered to rockwool cubes in net pots and put inew to veg limbo
Veg Limbo

It has 120w CFL and 2x 3w led bulbs the grow bucket is either DWC or Aerofog depending on what I'm doing (I'd like to keep it aerofog but have been having equipment issues)
Veg limbo is meant to veg plants until a spot opens up in my flowering tent running 400w HPS in the flowering tent there are many different hydroponic rigs and grow systems I'm still feeling my way around trying to find my perfect rig and strain so failures and hard lessons will be had!
since this is not a new grow long some shit won't make sense unless you read it all but I'll try to keep log op updated so on to the grows...

Queens to date...(07252016-08182016)

08232016 (Flower Tent)

09072016(In Flower 2x Ace High 3x Milktruck's Queen 1x Super Silver Haze)

09142016 Ace High Queens and Silver Haze

10032016 The 3 Queens

10172016 Main Queen down...

Edited by Baron_Samedi (10/18/16 03:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #818345 - 08/19/16 10:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

it's  RQS Special Queen #1 (mother) x Seedsman Original afghani #1 (father), the mother was fairly homogenous for the ones i ran, she was a remarkably fast flowering plant for how how much sativa it looked like she had in her, super eager to branch out, and a fairly large plant for the age compared to some other MUCH pricier and MUCH more well known strains ive run i wont mention names of :lol: the special kush #1 im running right now doesn't exactly appear to be quite as described genetically, but it is however the most impressive plant of my current fem seed batch by faqr, compared to more well known and pricier seeds. i have NOTHING to do with royal queen, they just have very impressive genetics imo.

and the father varied wildly in phenos male and female, i just used the most eager male to respond to topping for the father. According to seedsman it's one of the original afghani landraces brought back in the 1970s

i just call it afghani queen for short and just tend to name the mother plants ive kept individually, the older they get and farther into flower the more difference you'll see in the phenotypes

in that middle pic on the bottom row of pictures, the queen in the front right, i like her :3 hopefully her anyway.

Some of the pheos will flower out stupidly fast by the way. Ive had a couple even throw preflowers by the 4th or 5th node, which for this cross isnt that old most the time. i would have to say the afghani is the dominant genotype in the cross...

but if you get one of those lanky phenos, cherish it, they have this strangely pleasant burnt rubber smell ive never encountered anywhere else, the taste is not easy to describe and the buzz of those ones is way up their in my book.

Most of them just have a nice pungent stank and taste like a pine tree lol, at least the way ive grown them out. Cant wait to sample my outdoor queen though, really wish i had cloned her. Heavily indica dominant, and smells like skunky citrus atm :cool: this cross is a bit of a wild card but i have yet to be disappointed, still got a couple dozen saved for myself.

Edited by Milktruck (08/19/16 10:58 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #818350 - 08/19/16 11:52 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for clearing that up man I erased the original message that had all that info they are growing stupid fast as soon as I harvest the Quad they gotta get in to the flower tent so next week sometime those roots will not stop getting tangled usually the roots will bunch in the layer of fog but these refuse and keep getting longer... very impressed so far

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818358 - 08/20/16 11:46 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:

Dude, it's the land race in them, i promise you, these things are some of the most robust and vigorous seeds ive run (afghani land race) crossed with some of the highest quality herb ive ever produced (being the special queen, yes it really is that good for a cheap skunk hybrid, is also one of, if not THE most consistent and homogenous fem seeds ive ran), i have NO regrets over the drunk pollinating and spilled zip lock, these seeds more than make up for that one loss of yield. And im quite pleased i had enough to share and not run out myself!!! good luck and god speed! You are in the presence of a Queen! :lol:

Ive shared a lot of these seeds since last fall, local and online, had almost 1000, now down to a couple dozen... and locally, ive already purchased a couple street bags im 99% sure came from my afghani queen cross lolololol

third row of pics, first picture, front right spot on the container, ill bet you  thats the first male of the group lol. That one looks like it doesnt want to branch out....at all lol, it doesnt seem too concerned with making budsites to support seeds :wink:

A lot of the female phenos in this cross can easily get their pistil stuck in the preflowers as well, when they are still immature and small, just make sure you wait till more mature flowers start to form before you weed out the males, ive moved a couple suspected males outside only to come to find out they were indeed females. But those less willing to branch females are less desireable phenotypes anyway, so was never much of a loss.

Edited by Milktruck (08/20/16 12:02 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818461 - 08/23/16 03:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the big top my Queens!

the Queens are in the flower tent now and they look real happy unfortunately the suspected male didn't make it I topped and it refused to branch so I culled it I only got room for 3 and that one grew like a boy and you know there's no boys allowed in the girls tent lol so the best looking one went in the rig and the others had to go in to a soiless mix my buddy has flaked on me with his super soil so I may just keep them soil less it will be nice to see a side by side grow of the same strain and similar looking pheno Aero vs soil less same nutes age and everything...

so anyone else hate the stupid heart icon that shows up on the posts? they are bugging the hell out of me

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Edited by Baron_Samedi (08/23/16 04:36 PM)

InvisibleHashed
    #818473 - 08/24/16 02:31 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:dancer:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Hashed]
    #818500 - 08/24/16 03:43 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

yea buddy, and yea, the males usually just dont respond to topping well, they stall for a bit when you do, they are more concerned with getting taller then they are making sites for seeds to develop, so when that main stem gets cut they just panic because they dont know what to do with the leftover auxins. :wink:

although i have had some males just as bushy as the females that respond to topping just as well, only to spit balls after the flip

to change the post icon dont uncheck " I want to preview my modifications and add or edit an attachment. "

when you hit continue you get a lot more options, one of them is to change your post icon

mine is now googly eyes :lol:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818503 - 08/24/16 04:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

yup but I got a feeling with the two biggest not sure about the slow poke yet lol of course that's in contrast with the other Queens so average poke...

and yea or you can just click the icon to change it but before the default was forgettable it's noworth it's a fucking bright ass heart now every post has that shit on it

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818507 - 08/24/16 06:54 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
yup but I got a feeling with the two biggest not sure about the slow poke yet lol of course that's in contrast with the other Queens so average poke...

and yea or you can just click the icon to change it but before the default was forgettable it's noworth it's a fucking bright ass heart now every post has that shit on it

yea, to be completely honest, i cull the ones that dont present that hybrid vigor immediately, i tend to only put effort into slower ones when they are feminized genetics, and once those get going and you get some clones going they veg just as fast as plants with hybrid vigor

its that first couple weeks that vigor makes itself known, it gives you a MAJOR headstart, it really does, and im so happy so many in this cross present it, my results have been about 2/3 queens present MASSIVE hybrid vigor within days of popping.

You cant stop them, and that is an under statement, i fucking love these seeds, can go seed to harvest in 10 to 11 weeks flat. no more than 10 if in DWC and flipped to flower as soon as a staggered node shows, and chances are youll still pull a couple zips of one let go all the way.

Hell, my outdoor queen is going to be done by the second week of september :lol:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818561 - 08/26/16 10:25 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

new pics up

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Offlineanthiawe
Stranger
    #818582 - 08/27/16 12:39 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:goodluck:

InvisibleHashed
Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: anthiawe]
    #818673 - 08/29/16 06:47 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I'm happy to see Milktruck's Afghani Queen get out there!

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#818749 - 08/31/16 10:08 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashed said:
I'm happy to see Milktruck's Afghani Queen get out there!

Hey buddy.  Do I need to do the usual here?

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Inocuole]
    #818772 - 08/31/16 03:44 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

what usual? does this have anything to do with my grow log?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleHashed
    #818787 - 08/31/16 06:49 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

It's got absolutely nothing to do with your grow log baron.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818791 - 08/31/16 07:31 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Yea this is a forum for grow logs so please take any other bullshit to the lounge where it belongs Inocuole...

Also thanks hashed it is a real fast growing strain but without any crazy stretching so the nodes are still lined up nicely I'm gonna update pics in a little while they are already poking thru the SCROG on top there is one i will transplant today the other I suspect to be male so I'll hold off until it pops sex

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818803 - 08/31/16 11:28 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

thanks man I'm loving my set up though I think my fogger is malfunctioning it's making the water stupid hot that's why that one doc is dying but it's so close to finish so I'm just gonna let it go...
yup I've been told about the burnt rubber smell it's hard to tell at the moment my flowering room is piled up right now with the docs in full bloom so it's a mix of smells but while I was transferring the smaller queen I got a good smell off her and no burnt rubber but a nice unique smell so not sure what it will develope in to but it smells great

new pics up i put them in the back since the docs will finish soon but it's hard to get good pics with all those SCROG rings lol

InvisibleHashed
    #818805 - 09/01/16 02:24 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Lol, sorry, I deleted the post you replied to because my statement had already been covered, I'm retarded, should've read the thread before posting.

I had not read this thread yet, had I read it, I would not have repeated what Milktruck already stated, yes, burned rubber pheno.:lol:

Excuse my idiot ass.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818816 - 09/01/16 11:58 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Holy Shit! I had no idea you could just delete posts here! shroomery won't let you unless that's changed too...

and no worries hashed

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleHashed
    #818848 - 09/02/16 12:57 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

You can't.

You can only delete a post clean off a thread if said post was the last post in a thread before anyone has replied to it...

You would have seen my post and replied to it JUST after I had deleted it.

I would have deleted it while you were replying to it.:rofl:
Make sense?:smile:

Anyway, like I said in the post I deleted, fucking sweet setup brother, I'm really looking forward to this one!
:threadmonitor::thisisgonnabegood::popcorn:

I would get the ball rolling again, but I don't have anything else to add at this point I'm afraid, until then, I'll be watching.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818856 - 09/02/16 12:26 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

So another doc bites the dust and frees up space in the tent yay! my tent was way too packed and with the way this main queen is growing 2 of those and the silver haze will fill my tent in full flower if that suspected male is actually a female I may be screwed but that's for later worries I'm about to do the first binding to the main queen and I took a nice clone of her yesterday she is definitely a keeper she's starting to stretch hard now but her nodes are still nice and even so not too worried

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Inocuole]
    #818900 - 09/03/16 12:30 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

which plants exactly in the last flower box pics are the queens? Guessing the two soiless buckefs and the back left lol

Edited by Milktruck (09/03/16 12:46 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818903 - 09/03/16 01:46 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

now with some room in the tent I put up pics of 2 of the Queens I think are female the suspect male is in a small .5 gal bag pot it only has one stem it's hard to get good pics of that one when I'm taking pics in the dark...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818912 - 09/03/16 08:31 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Thise the only 2 queens in the flower box right now? The bigger one looks a lot thinner in the foliage than mine have been. Have been very dense planrs foliage wise for me

And heres a shot of a couple of the better nugs i kept from up top on my outdoor queen. (First pic obviously lol)  A bit earlier and harier than I wanted. Also not the best trim job. But these nugs have been curing for a few days now. Fairly dense. But could have been even better if it went that last week...oh well lol. (The buds arent this light yet. Still darker green. Is just the really orange lighting)

They still smell like a mowed lawn but the stink is coming in slowly.. will probably have it smoked before its fully cured though

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818925 - 09/03/16 03:15 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Nah bud there are 3 same as the start like I said previously there are the 2 in the new pics and a suspected male it has just a single branch an was stuffed next to the haze so it's harder to get pics of that one in the dark... it would be kinda cool if it is a female though anyway the big queen gets trimmed down pretty much every day even if it's only one or two leaves you need the light to penetrate and coax bottom growth for a nice even bouquet at the finish the second one will grow out natural she's getting over transplant shock at the moment

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818927 - 09/03/16 04:31 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Exciting news!!! that suspect male just put out preflowers what a butch chick! I guess this is the lanky pheno milk was talking about its pretty cool now the big question whether to transplant to a 3gal pot or not the roots are likely bound and forcing flower so transplant and get a bigger plant or let her flower out early she dosent look like she will branch at all so I'm lookin at a lollipop I kinda want to clone the hell out of her to do a SOG with her later but I dont really have the room to do that right now and I don't know if she will recover from topping any ideas milk?

also new pics up the Queens are all grouped to the left

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (09/03/16 04:33 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818931 - 09/03/16 09:40 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

wont know if its that specific phenotype til she gets into flower, may just be a similar one. just wait for that burnt rubber smell xD. The lanky queen i cloned from was still willing to top and bush out, she just has high node spacing in veg, but dint actually stretch much in flower and still cola'd up nicely in the end.

imo you have a new pheno i havnt seen yet there, and honestly i would do one of two things:

1: Cull it, because i cant really see a phenotype like that being very yeildy

or

2: Keep it around if you got room, clone her, then flower her just to see what she does, for novelty's sake :lol:

Offlineanthiawe
Stranger
    #818980 - 09/04/16 05:57 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:takingnotes:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: anthiawe]
    #818990 - 09/04/16 08:16 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

lol well I think it would be a great pheno for like sea of green if she would clone out nicely unfortunately these foggers have messed me up again most of my clones just died cause of fogger malfunction again so I'm done using them sadly I only have one Doc Holiday clone that survived I'm gonna switch my veg tent back to dwc and ordering another submersible pump Aeromist will be my main growing way after all these soiless plants are done to do aerofog you need an awesome ultrasonic fogger that is made to be on all the time unfortunately they are exspensive so not really what I'm looking for in a cheap but we'll working rig...

as for that queen #3 (I labeled all the Queens #1 is the main in the rig #2 is the branchy soiless and #3 is the male looking one) I transplanted there to a bigger pot she's starting branch a little but as soon as they are big enough I will. clone from there I want to keep as a single bud site to see how well that works it well I think I could squeeze 2 to 3 clones of a pheno like that to fill in the spots of normal flower operations that's if it finishes like it grows now we will see what happens I'm getting a unique scent off of her a little chem a little skunk but still sweet and fresh is kinda does smell like burnt rubber but pleasant the other Queens aren't smelling too much yet but different then queen #3

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#819114 - 09/08/16 08:23 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

ok been a bit busy and it looks like it's only getting worse? better?? meh either way I'll try to update as much as I can...

so all the docs are officially down the silver haze is starting to stack the Queens are all looking great and I added 2 ace high seedlings one in a rig the other in a .5 gal soiless mix I also got a miracle berry plant I'm trying to coax to fruit...
I'm really excited about these Queens at first queen 1 wasn't taking the SCROG very well with the extremely fast growth makes the branches brittle the first tie down snapped of the next day but the minor branches are much easier so it's working out great now queen 3 is still pretty much one main branch with very little minors unfortunately i dont think I'm gonna be able to clone those branches before her buds start stacking I know it's possible to clone after that but it has never turned out well for me unless I put back to flower right after its rooted but that's no good for a mother plant so I'll be kicking myself in the dick if this plant is amazing tonight I'm taking clones from queen 2 she is growing slower but steady also not as much leaf growth as I would expect at this stage I only trimmed once and that was to top and clear undergrowth not sure if that's good or bad yet but we will see...
the new additions I am pretty excited for too these are greenpoints Ace High Lemon G13 x Star Dawg supposed to have a super strong lemon scent and flavor I would love that for my extracts!

I'm thinking I may have to just keep one grow log in have way too many strains at one time and it's gonna get confusing in a minute when I throw these easy Kush autos in to flower it was hard enough with 2 logs so when I get more time I'm gonna re format this grow log to work as my grow log

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819147 - 09/09/16 09:57 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

All of those queens loom wierd to me lol.

They dont look unhealthy just wierd :lol: must be something about your setup or nutrients. Idk. All of those have really low internodal growth compared to what I usually end up with. If you can manage temps you may want to move your light a little closer.

Althoug I cull seedlings and young pants like crazy when im working with seeds I have a high number of... I keep the perfect or interesting ones usually lol

Ive also never had better than 50/50 m/f rates with these seeds. Props on that lol.

And ive noticed the hard brittle stem thing with these as well. My outdoor broke multiple times in multiple places even while propped up.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#819151 - 09/09/16 10:34 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Yea they are stretching pretty hard it's because that is as close as my lights can get its still really hot most of the plants ive grown here stretch a bit but nothing like these well and the Dreamin OG stretched like crazy too i never got to see it flower though so I'm interested to see how it goes amazingly I have zero red stem I'm a pretty heavy feeder and they just eat that shit up! I have a feeling I would have got 100% female if I didn't fuck up that one seedling

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #819170 - 09/10/16 06:25 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so last night I tried to move the light about 6" closer and the Queens got mad and wilted in the morning so I moved the light back after I drenched the hell out of them by the time I thought of pictures I already soaked them so sorry no pics of it I think they will be fine by the time my lights turn on tonight

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#819317 - 09/14/16 10:11 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Updated pics

I have noticed something kinda weird with queen 1 (in the rig) for some reason she wilts after the lights turn off and perks up when this lights come on she sleeps like mimosoids it's weird I've never seen it happen with herb before I've only noticed it for the last week or so after I dropped my lights but it could have been happening for longer and just didn't notice anyone see this before?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #819358 - 09/16/16 05:16 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

here's what they look like side by side

Lights on perky lights off sleep and it's the only one that does it

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819392 - 09/18/16 08:03 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
here's what they look like side by side

Lights on perky lights off sleep and it's the only one that does it

most of my queens have done this, they reach for the stars when the sun is out, and quietly slump over at night to save energy i imagine. ive noticed a few strains do this, but is very common in the queens, id say OVER 50% that i have run do this, and some VERY dramatically, is isnt overwatering, isnt underwatering or any excess stress. i can promise that some of the queens will just do that.

Only weird thing about them ive noticed is how much more sativa they look like they have in them in your setup. in your setup they look like some nice even hybrids, over on my end most have looked a LOT like the pure afghani father, yours look a lot more like the mother (special queen) in the way they are growing and flowering out. Maybe its luck of the draw, idk, but they look healthy to me and the leaf lowering thing at night is perfectly normal.

My current special queen looks damn near IDENTICAL to your queen that droops at night. and it is also doing the leaf droop thing nightly as well, ill get a picture of it shortly.

Edited by Milktruck (09/18/16 08:18 AM)

OfflineBrooke haze
Stranger
Female
Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Milktruck]
    #819393 - 09/18/16 08:43 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:rolleyes: hey guy new grower here well I haven't started growing yet I was wondering if someone could help me I have alooooooot of questions like should I get a grow tent and do I need those expensive fans that go in the grow tent please reply backk

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Brooke haze]
    #819401 - 09/18/16 02:00 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

hey Brooke your gonna want to read through the cultivation forum most of the answers will be there first thing you need to do is decide a few crucial details indoor or outdoor soil or hydro and how many plants for the area and if you have any questions ask them openly with the community they won't give you a hard time if your not a dick so ask if your unsure even if it seems silly anyway welcome and good luck

Milk thanks man I've never seen it in mj plants only mimosoids it's kind small cool as for genetics yea it's gotta just be luck of the draw no worries I fully intend to use all those seeds till I get a good one lol

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819445 - 09/20/16 06:31 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

theyre all great that i have flowered, im just very choosy with the cull in veg, ill start probably 4 times as many as i want to end up with, weed out the least impressive, then pull the males at the flip.

Im quite interested in what some of the plants i would have culled end up doing :laugh:

the main queen is looking pretty nice though, and as you know your still a good ways from the buds stacking, and as for flowering time, ive had fatties be done in 7 weeks, and lankies take up to 9 for some, it varies by pheno.

Offlineanthiawe
Stranger
Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Milktruck]
    #819573 - 09/24/16 09:43 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:goodluck:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: anthiawe]
    #819583 - 09/24/16 04:47 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

ok sorry guys been busy I updated the op had to move everything around to make it easier to pull the super silver haze the Queens are doing great queen 2 in the middle is looking amazing hard to get pics of the whole thing though and as for the queen in the rig queen 1 she got some light bleaching goin on so I had to rotate her... now for the ace high I had 2 pop balls so far I got one left and it's looking like a male too hopefully not I'm gonna pop more soon but in the little grow bags from left to right easy Kush auto/skunk6x/ ace high
now the non pot plants that have taken residence a miracle berry plant that has exploded with new growth since the transition and a bumblebee kratom plant I have a few more strains coming but these guys will fill the nooks in my grow ops

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819597 - 09/25/16 08:20 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

That main queens got some nice colas going on...glad it finally showed a bit more of its Indica heritage :smile:

That main queen is definatwly my favorite plant you got going atm.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#819921 - 10/04/16 08:05 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

So new pics up those Queens are getting close to harvest time!!! started to taper off on nutes for the main queen and the soiless ones have been flushed with just water and I stopped feeding all together though the may be absorbing minor nutes from the over flow from my other plants that's the main reason I flushed now I figure the plants will use all of the stored nutes and the ultra light run off and be fine by the time they are ready to pull I have to say I am very surprised by the 3rd queen  (the Un topped one) she just got nice and frosty real early and is still going strong I'm gonna keep them separate so I can see which pheno to look for to keep as my first mama that smell is so awesome and unique as long as she smokes well it's worth it to keep her just for that! but very impressed with this cross super fast from start to finish pretty solid stems but most importantly still produces well in high temps

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819971 - 10/06/16 08:07 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

The queen in the middle pics looks like shes gonna have some fat nugs...I wish your clone from her would have taken off.

And personally I would let them go another couple weeks at least. Another week to ten days for sure.

Edited by Milktruck (10/06/16 06:26 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820013 - 10/07/16 08:57 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yea I planned for another 3 to 4 weeks I'm just unsure how much to flush soiless so I figure flush till it shows in the plant then add minimal nutes until a week before harvest and thanks to your generosity milk I still have enough seed to do a good pheno hunt i set up a windiw spot for a seperate dwc cloning rig so nothing can mess up my clones again so that's what I'll be doing while I sample strains just cracked more along with more ace high and critical+ next up in the flower tent will be 3 easy Kush plants since all of the last 5 ace high seeds turned out male which is super upsetting

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820014 - 10/07/16 09:38 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Id personally keep nuting up to about ten days before the cut. Just water from then. Theyll do a LOT of fattening that last couple weeks if your pk is balanced nicely.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820015 - 10/07/16 10:12 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

good idea the main queen has still got the same nutes schedule cause I'm comfortable with hydro but with the choir I don't know but I'll try it you know what this strain can take and they have eaten heavy nutes without being phased

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820209 - 10/15/16 12:03 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Updated pics

well looks like the main queen is suffering from root rot so I treated with ozone and will be running just water till she bounces back with should be a week at most but she's now behind the others it's still hot in my tent like 85 lights off 90ish lights on I'm gonna put another fan in temporarily since the only extra fan I have is a little Vornado knock off I'll get a clip on one to replace that since ground area is precious in my tent...
other than that I think the queen 2 might have been touched by root rot as well slowing her growth down but that single stem queen is like 1 huge nug and is super frosty which I'm really stoked about I've decided to run these until they show a bunch of Amber trichs I usually wait for a couple Amber ones but I'm having mad issues curing buds so I wanna make sure they are ripe before I pull em...
by the way thone little guys are 3 Easy Kush plants I got these as freebies and have no clue of what they are I assume auto fem they were from Feminised seed so yea I guess we will see I also have 3 critical+ seedlings behind the easy that cane from dyna seeds no clue what they are either but I'm assuming auto fem as well any insight on those strains  would be much appreciated

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820241 - 10/15/16 11:20 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

i am quite pleased to see how theyre doing even in far from perfect conditions (no offense intended)

and if your not getting any weird smells from the runoff water after you do water them then i doubt its root rot, those two just look a wee bit deficient compared to the single cola one, which would kinda make more sense if theyre getting the same nute regiment (not sure there) since those two are larger plants adding weight a bit quicker, or trying to at least.

its hard to tell from the pics but to me the main queen almost looks drought or heat stressed or a combination of the two along side maybe some N def. by comparison to the others, and that tends to cause that curling yelowing off of the leaves like that if it becomes somewhat cronic (the heat and drought that is) as for the topped smaller one, im thinking that may just be a less vigerous lower yeilding pheno comparing it to the other two (that is if its getting the same nutrient regiments)

I mention this because the mother of the cross, the special queen, she goes yellow from any sort of stress or nutrient deficiencyu very easily, and your main queen is damn near IDENTICAL to the mother of this cross. the way she colas, the way she drops her fan leaves all night, and how willing she is to top out into new colas without hesitating. just isnt the easiest plant in the book to grow, but regardless of what she looks like, if you get her to harvest succesfully you will be more than pleased :wink:

and if you do indeed have root rot, ive always dealt with that by just adding small amounts of 3% hydrogen peroxide to my nutrient solutions for a couple hours, then replace (if hydro) or flush (if soil or soiless) if you are doing this with soiless or soil mediums, you need to run an air bubbler in the flush water for a bit before you flush with it or you will just enmd up compounding the problem.

As for ozone, have never had a real need for it for anything, there are safer options that work just as well imho

Edited by Milktruck (10/15/16 11:34 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820280 - 10/15/16 10:37 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

With the main queen I can see and feel the roots it's root rot in its early stages I have dealt with it before apparently my house is still too hot im sure dropping my light and bleaching the leaves didnt help either...
as for the one in the soiless I can see the roots just under the surface and they look just like root rot all dead and old spiderweb lookin so I treated it just to make sure all the soiless had the same feed schedule the main is a bit different since it's hydro but the main is the biggest plant but the two soiless are pretty close in size just shaped differently ... I've tried many ways h2o2 hydromicrobials but ozonated water works the best and is super safe not sure what danger your talking about I use it in so many applications from gargling to killing mildew in the shower I usually treat all of my water before i add nutes but got really busy lately so just been straight from the tap

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820290 - 10/16/16 12:07 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh ozone water.

I immediately thought ozone generator when you said ozone my bad. I have no opinion there. Never used it.

And I guess if you see rot. There's rot xD. Good luck and hope you take care of it. Been a long time since I've seen root rot, my box is left open to a dark air conditioned room in the basement lol, temps 68 to 75 all the time and I never water till the pots get light. Ill stop making recommendations for a setup I've never used myself now :lol:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820304 - 10/17/16 12:23 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

nah man your input is always appreciated and yea I got a little ozone generator that's super safe and automated instead of using big arcs to create ozone it uses tons of little arcs and are pumped directly in to your water via an air stone it's pretty awesome and economical the power of bleach that is safe enough to gargle with I use it for everything
sadly root rot is very common in my area if you catch it early (before it stinks up the place) you can save the plant in hydro it starts by matting the roots with this slimey goop and makes the roots come apart at the touch I never had it in this type of rig with so much airflow but it's obviously not as safe as I thought...

well this next run of easy Kush will be all soiless but I've learned from this grow that I need to pick with one medium per run either soiless or rigs cause this height difference really messes shit up
and feeding would be much easier it's a nightmare now trying to balance the nutes...
I am truly impressed with these Queens they can take a licken and still put out nice looking ladies I cracked more and am on the hunt for those phenos I'm gonna try really hard to clone the single cola pheno even though it don't like to branch  and the 2nd queen they have traits that would work the best for my setup and they both have that unique smell the main queen smells more sweet piney with a lite skunk I'm about to extract from the trimmings tonight I trimmed it all back and just left the main colas so she dosent have to work so hard to recover

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #820305 - 10/17/16 09:04 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm gonna try really hard to clone the single cola pheno even though it don't like to branch

Folar feeding with a light mixture of fulvic acid, and kelp will help the plant grow laterally giving you those branches you want.
You shouldn't do this no more than once a week, I do it about every 10 days to be safe.
I also use a yucca extract in my folar mix.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Stoneth]
    #820307 - 10/17/16 12:43 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

thanks thats really that's good to know what ratio should I use? I'll have to use nutritional supplements unless there is an easier way

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #820319 - 10/17/16 06:37 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I use NPK industries raw solubles' kelp and full up.
I only use a light 1/16 teaspoon of each in a gallon of water.
So I figure the 2 oz bags of these two nutes may last me 10 years.:lol:

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820322 - 10/17/16 09:39 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

awesome thanks a bunch i use pure food grade mineral salts for my regular nutes so im familiar with it but kelp and yucca are the hard ones ill look at the raw line shipping is generally a big issue to HI so its hard to find good vendors oh i meant to ask you were talking about that guy trying to sell his foliar spray on another post and you mentioned using b12 in your flower mix where and in what form do you get that i only found natural supplements in caps and tabs is there something else? and if you dont mind what is your bloom mix?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #820324 - 10/17/16 11:54 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, I'm not the one using b12, however I use b vitimins in my mix.  I use either superthrive or hydrozyme.

I'm currently running flora series, floralicous plus, carboload, with liquid and dry koolbloom.  The folar spray is only used in veg and up to the third week of flowering.

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820325 - 10/18/16 03:03 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

ahhh it was a bit ago I must be confused cool great info man I only found b vitamins through npk so I'll try that out in my flowering mix and I saw this http://www.ebay.com/itm/111691935436
and was wondering if that will work it's the same price for the raw fulvic and kelp 2oz bags and I'm gonna grab some yucca  extract powder to mix with it how Is that Kool bloom wet and dry working for you? I  just started using a cal mag and phosphorus mix at the tail end of flowering so no real results this run next one though I'll add that b vitamins...
in other news that main queen had to come down it was starting to dry on the stem when I pulled out the roots it was clear that it was too far gone... so I yanked it and need to dry in bags to get the moisture right it's a good thing I stopped misting that plant or it could have gone moldy fast pics of the bounty and nasty will be up in a bit

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #820330 - 10/18/16 11:08 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Remember the b vitimis is good for root health, and helping the plant deal with stress.  The products you linked to maybe ok, but I know nothing of them so I can't say they're good to use.  Seems a bit cheap for 2 lbs, imo.  These guys carry most of the npk raw line  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NPK-RAW-Nutrients-Hydroponics-Soil-Soluble-Supplement-Fertilizer-Plant-Growth-/131962039520?var=&hash=item1eb98cece0:m:m7KnHkMuehZkOsh4nU2aPgQ ;
I'm a big fan of the koolblooms, been using them for 8 years.  Gotta be careful with the dry tho, some plants just find it to extreme.  Great booster when used right at the right times, but death or hermie when used to soon or in to high of a dose.

Phosphorus is better used during the beginning of flowering or even lightly used at the beginning of veg feeding.  Potassium is what the plant is looking for at the end of flowering.

OK when it comes to cal mag, your base most likely has all of it the plant needs generally speaking.  To use more you'll need to find a source of amino acids to help the plant carry up the extra Calcium.  Without the amino acids I doubt you'd ever see any results by just adding cal mag alone.  There are benefits in using the team tho, stronger stems, mold, and powder mildew resistant just to name a few.

In your spare time I recommend watching Harley Smith on youtube, or even sign up for classes on npk university.  I've learned more in the past three months about nutes and how the plant uses them, than I have since I joined this site.  The classes are free and online.  If you're busy on class day, no biggie they'll send you a link to the video of that class.

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820332 - 10/18/16 04:27 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

ive watched a few but i know if im gonna be serious about mixing nutes i should enroll i didnt know it was free going to check that out thanks again

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820351 - 10/18/16 11:12 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

I'm gonna try really hard to clone the single cola pheno even though it don't like to branch

Folar feeding with a light mixture of fulvic acid, and kelp will help the plant grow laterally giving you those branches you want.
You shouldn't do this no more than once a week, I do it about every 10 days to be safe.
I also use a yucca extract in my folar mix.

had no clue, thats seriously good to know, although i tend to just cull my less willing to branch out phenotypes, i imagine this could only help an already eager to branch oput plant :laugh:

wheni want my cacti to pup a little stronger ill feed em with some kelp, i guess it only makes sense :P

That untopped queen, it's kind of cool to see what a pheno i would have culled early on did. i hope her quality makes up for the deminished yeild on her. im still kind of shocked a stick like that wasn't a male :lol: Did you even get any males? if not, you're the only one yet to do a multi plant run with the queens and choose all female seeds xD

and that sucks about the main queen coming down early, those nugs would have thickened up a LOT if she could have finished up. hope your extracts are decent enough!

Edited by Milktruck (10/18/16 11:18 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#820352 - 10/19/16 12:55 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

yup that single cola one is a keeper for me I dig the way it grew and how frosty it got it would be great for sea of green or just to fill in the edges of the tent I don't know if I got a male in that run I had a suspected male die when I dropped it in the bucket early on but it looked exactly like the single cola so who knows  but mostly female I got 3 more going in to the tent with 3 critical + seedlings not sure if those critical+ are autos or not but I guess I'll find out...
so that seminar at npk industries was great it was a breakdown of all the nutes they carry and a general breakdown of what they all do I know they are pushing product but after the explanation it all makes sense I had to take a call during the questions time but from what I caught the others had good questions I'll be taking in all they have to offer and they sold me on most of the raw line but I'm gonna try some other sources of materials and compare cause as much as I want to believe that their products are better it's pretty unlikely the bio based stuff like kelp and yucca I can understand a difference in quality but minerals and salts is a hard sell

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#820749 - 11/04/16 02:40 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

lets get an update, interested how this is playing/played out :laugh:

i just upgraded to a 400 watt hps myself and the girls are loving it! Was able to retire half of my old t5 setup to my cacti :lol:

btw, back left in this image is the mother plant of the cross i sent you (special queen #1). See that night time leaf curl and the shape of the leaves? a bit uncanny isnt it lol, she was only about 30 minutes into darkness when i snapped this shot and the leaves were already starting their nightly droop

And the father of your cross was a broad leaf afghani, a short fat dense bush of a plant very similar to the dutch kush sitting right next to the special queen in this shot. Was just a male obviously, but wasnt quite as fast of a finisher as this dutch kush

Edited by Milktruck (11/04/16 03:41 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821266 - 11/19/16 12:59 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

hope all is well in Baron's world! Sending good vibes!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules