Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Doc Holiday and Quad OG Hydro/Aero 400w HID 2016
    #816599 - 07/08/16 06:50 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Hello Fellow Growery-ites? -ans? -nese?... or whatever welcome to my second indoor grow these were running along side my first grow so I'm sure mistakes were made but the first wasn't so bad so we will see what happens...

Seeds were started in coco plugs and housed in small 1.5" net pots I started 6x Doc Holiday reg seed (greenpoint)and one fem Quad OG I got from a buddy they all sprouted about 2 days after sowing and they were put in to my aeroponic fog rig in my veg tent for only 2 or 3 weeks under a flood led light until I needed more light in my flowering tent so I moved the rig to the flowering tent they started to show sex in the first week or so in there so I lost 2 docs that were male and put the other two back in to veg.

this grow log will be of the 2 fastest Docs and the single Quad.
I have these plants in various hydro/Aero rigs so see which I like best I think I may try to change my dwc to my buddies super soil when I get it...

Rigs
the Quad is in my Aeroponic misting rig. she is being fed partly by gh nutes but the bloom portion I made so far she has been topped and put in to mini SCROG

Doc hydro is in my dwc rig same nutes and topped so far this plant may go to super soil.

Doc Aero is in my Aero fogger that the plants started in with the same nutes and not topped growing wild

sadly I don't have a lot of space to work with but really wanted to try SCROG so I was forced to tuck the docs in the corners

The pics up to now...

08112016(Super Silver Haze add-on)

Harvest Pics...

2.6g hash from both early Docs

08222016 (Quad OG)

(1.1g hash) (4days in to cure 1 of 2 jars)

09012016 (Doc Holiday)

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Edited by Baron_Samedi (09/02/16 11:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Doc Holiday and Quad OG Hydro/Aero 400w HID 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #816616 - 07/08/16 03:44 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

:popcorn:
I wish you better luck on this grow

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #816630 - 07/08/16 05:26 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Cool good luck. Hydro is so awesome. I'm doing my first one and love it. Probably won't go back to soil unless I'm doing an outdoor/greenhouse grow.

:growingweed:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Doc Holiday and Quad OG Hydro/Aero 400w HID 2016 [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #816632 - 07/08/16 05:46 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks man its off to a better start with many lessons learned heat is still the enemy I looked in to that a/c idea but the cost will be too high also the thermostat will be outside of the tent so it will run full blast trying to regulate the temp that will never go down there are models that have all kinds of bells and whistles but none that I've seen that got a timer that would turn on for a short burst over long periods of time... so I've been putting in ice blocks when the lights come on and before they turn off and it's been helping

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #816633 - 07/08/16 05:57 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

theres also portable evaporative (swamp) coolers, you would just have to keep an eye on the water level in the evap cooler and the high humidity in the tent.

My dad has one and he uses it in a garage and just adds water when needed it's not hooked up to any water just plugged in sitting on a cart. They are expensive at first but cheaper in the long run. I no expert though.
Depending on the size of the room you might not need to duct it, just cool the room, with evap you don't want/need air tight rooms.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816646 - 07/08/16 07:29 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

he'll yeah dead I'm loving aeroponic the most it makes the roots grow super hardy and strong I'm not sure why maybe being constantly pelted with water? but looks super happy the so far the mister looks better than the fogger but only time will tell

thanks chem but can't use swamp coolers here humidity way too high what I need is like a really small a/c dehumidifier that dosent cost a million dollars to buy and to run lol one of the few shitty things about living in Hawaii the other being its exspensive as hell to live here most peeps work so much there's no time to enjoy what they pay for... I guess the ice will have to do for now it's only a few months then back to perfect weather I've been using half gallon jugs with salt water they take about 12hrs to freeze completely so it's been working out but I will need more for next month when it will be the worst

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (07/08/16 07:36 PM)

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#816649 - 07/08/16 07:52 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome to see these usa genetics in play! Take lots of pics of the quad as she flowers please! They do look slightly plagued by hear as I am here I bought a window ac unit for my ish. Got the adjacent room hot af, dunno what to do bout that but gals are happy!

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Doc Holiday and Quad OG Hydro/Aero 400w HID 2016 [Re: ashfiken]
    #816981 - 07/17/16 02:18 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

will do buddy I'm gonna post as much as I can but I'm alot more busy now so I'm gonna have to post pics in bursts and I'll put em up on the op...

so everything's going pretty good still having heat issues but it is what it is...
I have learned that your SCROG screen needs to be solid and not netting it gets really hard to tie down the branches and it bulges when it grows also it is better to attach the screen to the base than hang it because the cords get in the way... other than that it's pretty cool

Edited by Baron_Samedi (07/17/16 03:00 AM)

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#816983 - 07/17/16 05:43 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Sweet. I've got a seat on this one. And ya I use chicken wire as my scrog screen. Still pliable, but rigid to slight movements of the plant.
Looking good
Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817023 - 07/17/16 09:47 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

yup I'm thinking bamboo for the next one i just have a weird thing about metal touching my plants and bamboo is free it grows everywhere here 8 have been kicking around an idea of trying to grow a kombucha scoby in a dwc bucket to try and keep the root rot bacteria away but more cause it seems cool and haven't seen any info on it the issue I see with it is that the ph will be way too acidic around 4.5 but if there is movement in the water I wonder if that will change I'll probably try it and see what happens I have a WW clone I got no plans for what do you guys think?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817134 - 07/20/16 10:47 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

new pics up

i think I'm gonna let the SCROG go from here the quad is just putting out flowers as for the docs they are just blooming now so not sure what I'm gonna get from those ladies

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#817148 - 07/21/16 09:38 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quad is pic 2?!
Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817156 - 07/21/16 01:48 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quad is in the SCROG and the other two at the corners are the Docs

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817597 - 08/01/16 04:46 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

New pics up

So I abandoned the SCROG it was just too soft and hug wrong so it was getting twisted bad thing is it just closed up after I cut it off so I will playing with some ideas to fix it since it's a net pot it is stupid top heavy so options are limited but I'm sure I'll figure something out also it seems like the docs will be ready to harvest soon so I got some replacement docs in there that should finish around the same time as the quad

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #817599 - 08/01/16 05:53 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

not sure if it helps or not as i'm not sure I understand the problem but I make my screens out of contractor string from home depot. Its the same stuff thats used in chalk lines you'll just need to build a frame.

right now I have 3 screens instead of two, but I don't need the bottome one, it doesn't really do anything. When I harvest I cut all the strings and build another one later.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817602 - 08/01/16 07:02 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

yea my frame was made of bamboo sticks and it was hung from above with cords it was just all wrong I don't have the space for a heavy duty frame and I think I want the next one to be round I'm gonna use hardware cloth and secure it to the bucket but nice frame bro that looks sturdy as hell I just didn't think the plant would be so strong and I could get away with it like that lol I learned my lesson but the wire frame would kill 2 birds with one stone my top heavy issue and a nice little SCROG

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817622 - 08/02/16 12:35 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

well I harvested one of the docs today and built a new and improved aerofog/SCROG rig for the replacement doc I made a better floater for the ultrasonic fogger weighted and extended the net pot for better root air flow and stability and attached the SCROG made from a tomato frame and bamboo to the bumper rim of the bucket the only problem I forsee will be difficulty changing the water but I'm off to Walmart tonight to find or make a water hand pump that will make the job easier the rig is sturdy as hell and I think it will be my go to set up if it works out and it's stupid cheap to build under $30
I'm not sure yet but I may bend the top screen supports to lower the screen that hight dosent seem nessary but we will see how she grows

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (08/02/16 12:40 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817696 - 08/03/16 10:26 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so i ended up using lead weights to open up the quad again and it works great hopefully this will be a problem of the past with the new rig set ups as for the flowering doc she is pretty flushed out just waiting for her to plump up AO I can move the replacement doc in her place with a new rig

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817837 - 08/07/16 03:03 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

well harvested the other early doc but forgot pics all in all I got 2.6g of nice dank hash it's super tasty! I was surprised from such little fluffy plants to get so much I still have the top colas curing gotta get all the practice I can before the Quad and two healthy docs finish those first docs had nothing but a rough go from the start seedling super stretch messed up time cycles over fed under fed the works and they still put out good hash I'm excited to see what they can do when they are cared for properly

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818004 - 08/10/16 09:45 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

New pics up
trimmed up the Quad to get some light to the little nugs but she's looking and smelling great I wish the Quad clone survived the transition to the new veg box but sadly it didn't make it I would have loved to keep this pheno it woks nicely with my set up well ill just have to track down more seeds if she finishes well also Ash I take photos daily but only post every so often so if you would like more pics of the quad as she flowers let me know

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (08/10/16 09:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck