Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
What causes PH to drastically change while plant is growing?
    #816543 - 07/07/16 07:40 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

So I got to change out the nutrients/water in my ebb/flow set up like I do every week and about 25% of the leaves were dying off. I checked for pests/visible fungi and found none. I checked the ph and it was up at 8! I use ph drops so I don't know the precise ph when I add the water but it's between 5 and 5.5.

Also there was a white film on top of the water, never seen that before. I didn't stop to take a picture, I got rid of that water as quick I could and replaced it after rinsing everything with dish soap and water.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What causes PH to drastically change while plant is growing? [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #816556 - 07/07/16 10:57 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Buffers prevent fluctuation of pH. Ca/Mg are big fat molecules that can suck up the ions that represent pH.

When the buffer runs out the pH will be easy to change. Or if those nutrients get absorbed they won't be able to buffer anymore.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags