Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Growing organically [Re: Nevar44] * 1
    #816160 - 06/30/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:trollhide:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing organically [Re: Inocuole]
    #816161 - 06/30/16 10:22 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quite possible

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: Growing organically [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #816169 - 07/01/16 04:41 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

So how bout those organic grows?

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Growing organically [Re: Sloppy]
    #816174 - 07/01/16 07:18 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:compelling:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #816175 - 07/01/16 07:38 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sloppy said:
So how bout those organic grows?

I'm all for them.  Something I'm getting into right now are "No till beds".

I'm not doing it for anything other than I believe organic gardening is better for both us and our environment.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing organically [Re: Scribbler]
    #816176 - 07/01/16 07:44 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I grow in a TLO variant (my own mix, but based on the Rev's concepts) that's completely organic; no EDTA, no petroleum/chemical based nutes.
I do this for a few reasons:
1) I want to avoid the eventuality of the plants retaining any harmful compounds that may be carried through to concentrates, edibles, extractions, and/or smoke.  Growers using inorganic substances obviously flush their grows, but especially for a novice grower or a grower using a strain with which they are unfamiliar, knowing when to start the flush is an art, and if you start too late, your plants will be finished without being fully flushed.  Then you're left with the option to chop with potentially harmful compounds still present, or to finish the flush, but have a late harvest with a significant change in the finished product.

2) It's EASY.  I build my soil, let it sit for a few weeks, fill the pots, and transplant clones.  I never have to worry about pH, TDS, nute burn, or adding nutes in any way.  Everything my plants need for the duration of the grow is already present in the soil.  Chemical nutrients will be absorbed by plants regardless of need, however organic growing allows the plant to perform natural nutrient uptake as the equilibrium shifts throughout the grow cycle. I just add water, and occasionally a compost tea.

3) It's cheap.  At the end of each grow, I cycle the soil back into the mix, add compost and worm castings, and let it rest for a couple of weeks.  The slow breakdown of organic material, and absence of remaining salts from synthetic nutes, means that the soil is imminently reusable and maintains much of it's nutrient content over time. 

:2cents:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: Growing organically [Re: 81renaissance]
    #816185 - 07/01/16 08:34 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I grow in a TLO variant (my own mix, but based on the Rev's concepts) that's completely organic; no EDTA, no petroleum/chemical based nutes.
I do this for a few reasons:
1) I want to avoid the eventuality of the plants retaining any harmful compounds that may be carried through to concentrates, edibles, extractions, and/or smoke.  Growers using inorganic substances obviously flush their grows, but especially for a novice grower or a grower using a strain with which they are unfamiliar, knowing when to start the flush is an art, and if you start too late, your plants will be finished without being fully flushed.  Then you're left with the option to chop with potentially harmful compounds still present, or to finish the flush, but have a late harvest with a significant change in the finished product.

2) It's EASY.  I build my soil, let it sit for a few weeks, fill the pots, and transplant clones.  I never have to worry about pH, TDS, nute burn, or adding nutes in any way.  Everything my plants need for the duration of the grow is already present in the soil.  Chemical nutrients will be absorbed by plants regardless of need, however organic growing allows the plant to perform natural nutrient uptake as the equilibrium shifts throughout the grow cycle. I just add water, and occasionally a compost tea.

3) It's cheap.  At the end of each grow, I cycle the soil back into the mix, add compost and worm castings, and let it rest for a couple of weeks.  The slow breakdown of organic material, and absence of remaining salts from synthetic nutes, means that the soil is imminently reusable and maintains much of it's nutrient content over time. 

:2cents:

:manofapproval:

I especially like the idea of points 2 and 3. Environmental friendliness and a cleaner smoke is just the icing on the cake.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflinetRiChOmE7
Stranger
 User Gallery

#816928 - 07/16/16 02:53 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I've used a Comfrey tea for fertilizer for the past 4 years. At certain points I add some nitrogen from another source. The nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium (NPK) ratio of dried comfrey leaves is 1.8-0.5-5.3. Fermented it goes to 4-4-4. I have a friend who has a bud of the month subscription from CA med growers. He told me my HG from cheap Mexican seeds is: "This is as good as anything you can get." Well; IDK, but it's all I want...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck