Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Is there a strain where the male produces any significant THC?
    #815028 - 06/15/16 06:16 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen females with frosty leaves in High Times.  I always wanted to smoke male THC.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: Is there a strain where the male produces any significant THC? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #815029 - 06/15/16 06:24 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I think males with trichs are preferred for breeding but don't quote me

It's something I've heard tho I have zero first hand experience tho

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Re: Is there a strain where the male produces any significant THC? [Re: Nevar44]
    #815035 - 06/15/16 07:34 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

We need a male that really frosts up for iceolater.  Then we can smoke man-bubble.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: Is there a strain where the male produces any significant THC? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #815036 - 06/15/16 07:44 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Lol ughhhhh I'm guessing your a female user aye?

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is there a strain where the male produces any significant THC? [Re: Nevar44]
    #815039 - 06/15/16 07:53 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Apparently Moroccan.

Quote from the wise granny crow.

Quote:

Yes, you can make hash and such from males!

Dry and try! Male plants vary greatly depending on the strain! Now, if your plants have some Moroccan genetics in their background.......

Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. (abst – 2005)
Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Moro... [Bull Narc. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops."

These dudes were not doing the old "dry and try"! They were measuring the THC levels with qualitative analysis using high performance liquid chromatography with diode array detection and also using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry! So I would say they were pretty sure of their results! :wink:

And the way we have mixed strains in the US and elsewhere, that male of yours may just have the right genetics to pleasantly surprise you!

Even the pollen from males has THC! :laugh:

Flavonoid glycosides and cannabinoids from the pollen of Cannabis sativa L.
(abst – 2005) Flavonoid glycosides and cannabinoids... [Phytochem Anal. 2005 Jan-Feb] - PubMed - NCBI

" The identified cannabinoids were delta9-tetrahydrocannabiorcol, cannabidivarin, cannabicitran, delta9-tetrahydrocannabivarin, cannabicyclol, cannabidiol, cannabichromene, delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabigerol, cannabinol, dihydrocannabinol, cannabielsoin, 6a, 7, 10a-trihydroxytetrahydrocannabinol, 9, 10-epoxycannabitriol, 10-O-ethylcannabitriol, and 7, 8-dehydro-10-O-ethylcannabitriol."

Want to learn more facts about our favorite herb? Just send me an email for over 1000 pages of links to studies and articles about cannabis and cannabinoids! (See the bottom of my sig for my email! Hotmail sometimes can't handle my list.  Yahoo & Gmail are fine! :smile:)

There is a LOT more to cannabis than "just" getting high! :smoking:

Granny

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Re: Is there a strain where the male produces any significant THC? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #815041 - 06/15/16 08:04 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

My mom used to tell me that the bees that pollinate fields get high!  I've smoked hermaphrodite weed before.  I always wanted to smoke pure male.  You know, cannabis is a very Yin or feminine herb.  It's sometimes called the dragon grass in martial arts circles.  Good for chi kung and meditation, too.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom