Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: blue berry x & blue knight *DELETED* [Re: Nevar44]
    #815402 - 06/20/16 06:33 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Milktruck

Reason for deletion: taking unnecessary space

Edited by Milktruck (06/20/16 06:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: blue berry x & blue knight [Re: Milktruck]
    #815405 - 06/20/16 06:41 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 12:30 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: blue berry x & blue knight [Re: Nevar44]
    #815408 - 06/20/16 06:55 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 12:31 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815409 - 06/20/16 07:16 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 12:31 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: blue berry x & blue knight *DELETED* [Re: Nevar44]
    #815417 - 06/20/16 08:30 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Milktruck

Reason for deletion: taking unnecessary space

Edited by Milktruck (06/20/16 11:34 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: blue berry x & blue knight *DELETED* [Re: Milktruck]
    #815430 - 06/20/16 11:35 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Nevar44

Reason for deletion: Too much talk not enough proof.

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 12:29 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: blue berry x & blue knight [Re: Nevar44] * 1
    #815431 - 06/20/16 11:46 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

On a lighter note..

Few pics of the AO tied many branches down to get lil more light but mainly to prevent them from growing into shit and each other and not be growing into the tent.... got em all freed up...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815433 - 06/21/16 12:18 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

gonna be some fat colas there for sure! been almost a year since ive seen a stem that thick in person lol

deleted all my negative comments to not spam a perfectly good grow log if youll do the same lol, will return them if you dont return the courtesy xD

Edited by Milktruck (06/21/16 12:19 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815434 - 06/21/16 12:20 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Not a problem bro I had thought to do the same

I don't see where u deleted any comments, not that it matters

So that leaves me unsure of which comments ud like me to delete

I say we delete the entire conversation I never intended to share what I did share here

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 12:24 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815435 - 06/21/16 12:22 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

adding multiple lights in less space then the decay of their reach DOES increase yeild exponentially, but ill stick to my guns untill i see someone pull more than 3 from a single lonely 1k by itself...2-3 IS doable, i do not deny that lol

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815436 - 06/21/16 12:28 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:
Not a problem bro I had thought to do the same

I don't see where u deleted any comments, not that it matters

So that leaves me unsure of which comments ud like me to delete

I say we delete the entire conversation I never intended to share what I did share here

srry took me a minute to get through them, made me type a reason for every single one, i enteree that comment before i started deleting them, didnt expect a reply so quick

Edited by Milktruck (06/21/16 12:29 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815437 - 06/21/16 12:28 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

He initially said, 4-5 I should be able to pull. But two to three no prob he said honestly

And he used two 1000w de cooled w a 10 inch fan and a carbon filter w eight in fan.. so it only took him two lights to produce the figures stated...

I don't expect to get 4-5 until next year, MAYBE lol only time can tell. He told me I will be able to amd I believe that

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815438 - 06/21/16 12:35 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

2-3 is doable, ive seen that done, but if you are pulling 4-5 pounds from a single 1k bulb next year and can convince me there is no hoodwinkery in images used to prove it and what not then......

i sat here for like 3 mins trying to figure out what my reaction would be...couldnt come up with anything, so would probably just be speachless, and you would probably have a convert

until then as you can probably tell, i am HIGHLY skeptical...hope you got some sort of epic 1000+ gram/meter/2 yeilder up your sleeve

also, what does your signature mean by reishi for cannabis?

Edited by Milktruck (06/21/16 12:39 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815439 - 06/21/16 12:39 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Understandably so I'll keep u posted :smile: wish me luck lol

I believe reishi may be an amazing companion planting species for cannabis. I came across some guys claiming so online... I've yet to experiment but am eager to do so if ud like a reishi culture for free I'll semd u one I don't have outdoor space to experiment yet

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815440 - 06/21/16 12:51 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

how so? as a mycorhyzal fungi or something? ill be interested for sure depending on what you mean by a companion species lol.

i kinda thought the signature was referring to the two species benefits when concerning cancer, thought you were saying reishi was better or something..which may actually be true, not much research there yet lol

also, ive come close to 1 gram per watt in fluorescent somewhat reliably and repeatably with two strains in particular not including my fatass queen (thats a hard thing to do under t5's, even harder with CFL), world of seeds nl x BB and Paradise Dela-Haze, ones indica dom, the other sativa dom, they may be worth looking into. both id HIGHLY recommend for yeild outside f1's if wanting stable gene pools. the nl x bb actually out yeilds my fatass ( evenwhen fatass is unpollenated and correctly nuted) was the only non f1 ive had in my box that does, would still be around but im not a fan of cloning femenized plants, it seemed to bump up my hermie rate quite a bit which now is back to zero again lol

theres a video somewhere on youtube of a fucking MASSIVE nl x bb under a 600 watt hps in DWC, is a ridiculous thing to look at xD

and on another note, your sativa dom destroys mine (lanky queen pheno) in terms of resin production lol. she is a keeper for SURE. hope you got a clone or two off her before the flower cycle :wink: i think Lanky's willingness to trich out on the fan leaves might have been impacted by the afghani in her lineage, the afghani's tend to just wanna throw out trichomes on calyxes and keep the fan leaves bare, which sucks for hash making, but damn, the buds are usually worth that loss.

And im probably gonna take your advice on adding more perlite, im not completely closed off to new suggestions xD, next round im probably going to double the size of my pots (going down to 1 gallon was a bad idea this round, lanky queen is getting root bound  :uhoh: ) and use about half perlite instead of 1 part in the mix of 5. Going to keep the coir/compost/jobe's/minerals base though for the time being, loving the lack of flies/gnats and very little maintenence is involved. My plants are perfectly healthy but i know they could be growing a bit faster than they are. Especially the fatass. And the drooping after a thorough watering is definately a sign of not quite enough air exchange in the soil

my ultimate goal is 1+g per watt with a "just add water" soil mix

Edited by Milktruck (06/21/16 01:43 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815453 - 06/21/16 09:22 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Well, not as a mychorizal companion planting.. That'd be quite difficult since we're speaking of mychorizal mushroom which take a lot of time to establish themselves and are quite hard to cultivate..

In Paul stamets book mycelium running he had done companion planting experiments with several diff mushroom species and several diff veggies..

To say the least, he found that brussel sprouts "companion planted" with a certain species of oyster mushroom increased yeilds hugely.. I think if I'm not mistaken it was the Elm oyster..

Some oyster species actually decreased yeilds of the brussel sprouts.. BUT the Elm oyster doubled their yeilds... they went from being the size of a quarter to the size of a fifty cent piece...

It's hard to find info on companion planting with fungi. It's new, and being studied atm as we speak. There is a book coming out I have high hopes for.. called "mycelial mayhem"...

No one can or will explain what goes on with companion planting w fungi. They don't want to discuss it..

I searched hard, never found anything..

Then one day on a live thread o caught the owners of "dragon fly earth" stating reishi is the one u wanna use for cannabis..

I dunno if it's the polysaccharides being released into the soil from the fungi, or if it's the way the fungi sets the stage for soil microbiome species activety, or what but soon we will have a chart showing what species of fungi increase yeilds of what plants...

I definitely clones my AO :smile: I cloned all my plants so if I like em I don't lose em..

The AO came from my guru. He says it's the first AO line ever made twenty yrs back or however long. He crossed it w a male, says this cross has huge trich potential to say the least. He gave it to me for breeding purposes so I could use the male I got outta the seeds he gave me :smile: I've yet to get a male, have about 13 seeds left outta twenty.

The AO is highly prized to me for that reason, I wanna cross her w many strains. I have high hopes for her. Getting all excited now seeing her caylxes swell and turn purple already :smile: It's possibly one of my gurus best strains I might imagine, which he passed to me for breeding so we can improve the global gene pool in my eyes :smile:

When I get a male I'll trade u pollen, won't be this yr tho maybe next year :/

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 09:34 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815454 - 06/21/16 09:46 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

If I was personally using your soil mixture...

I wish I could explain the perlite additive scientifically.. but basically when I add half perlite... I can wayer my plants until they've fully saturated and the pot cannot hold any more water. Even then the plants won't droop at all. They have enough oxygen to breath still is how I imagine it. I use #3 or #4 perlite so far. Liked to size of the #3 more so..

It would seem a more coarse perlite would airate better than a finer grade.. the number four looked almost too big to me but I bought it and used it on my fucking incredible and my blue knight.

The f.i. I thought I added too much perlite at first with the number four stuff. but nahhhh.. I fill a fifteen gallon pot basically half full of perlite hair less. Then add promix bx to fill the pot the rest of the way. Seems to be just about right..

In the future tho I'll decrease the amount of perlite slightly for big sativas like my ao .. she is drinking a lot.. but indicas like my bb I'll possibly fill the pot a hair over half full. Learned thag this round, it's my first time growing an indica plant :smile:

I do think the form of potassium matters a lot also. I noticed with cutting edge they seem to have a well balanced magnesium phosphate to potassium sulfate ratio. Along with a nitrate nitrogen and ammonical nitrogen ratio which I haven't noticed elsewhere..

Purely me speculating tho I cannot back up my hunches I am not versed in the plant growing field yet. I'm only well versed when it comes to fungi lol

Also, cutting edge creates a "swing feeding" system which I think helps a lot also.

Check out the link he describes the swing feeding system.. just to save me typing..

It'll be interesting to see how ur perlite run goes

Ty for the strain info, I do realize I'll need some high yielding phenos if I'm gonna reach that High I'd imagine. The AO I got from guru tho and I'll be growing it probably just how it was grown when it was bred dunno if that'll matter like it does w fungi lol..

1g per watt w floros, and in a super soil mix if u will.. would be plenty aye.. when I've as told this recipe I said man ima have to give a lot of herb away if I yeilds that high! Lol I only grow for personal not to sell

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 10:48 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815461 - 06/21/16 10:49 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I like this mix, and I guess its technically a super soil, has everything the plant needs once the minerals d shit are added lol. I just think making the mix a bit lighter with perlite will help the growth rates and keep them from drooping when I water.

I hcould have done a lot better with this round of indor plants,  but am pleased how they are doing with how little effort ive put in.

My outdoor is where im really hoping to pull a yeild thats not shit xD, shooting for 2-3 ounces there, she seems to be flowering earlier than I wanted though xD..my two indoors together MIGHT bust a zip when dry lolol...the indoors are only 12 inches tall lol

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815465 - 06/21/16 11:18 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Lol as long as u get enough right who cares about yeilds really

I've heard that when root bound... plants OUTSIDE will go to flower.. maybe thats what's happening?

I'm prob gonna want to alter my program when I start breeding. So I can have more manageable mobile plants for pollenation. Can't really lift one of those plants outta the room to pollenate it lol. So I'll be sacrificing yeilds for breeding. In my breeding box at least. Never done any outdoor but kinda can't wait to apply what I was taught to an outdoor scenario :smile:

When I get olllld and lazy and can't mix up nutrients anymore lmao.. I'll remember ur jobes/food grade set up it'll be beautiful :smile:

Can't beat the simplicity of it. I bet ur herbs regardless of yeilds TASTE better than super soil someone could go buy. Just cause u use food grade stuff

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/21/16 11:27 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815485 - 06/21/16 02:05 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Are you implying I'm lazy???? Because you sir are correct.

And I actually think organic tasting better over well flushed chem is a myth... Have done both and both taste and burn fantastic, and chem actually has better yields, just got make sure you get a good flush

The plant outside is in ground, can't get root bound lol, shis s planted on asmall flood plain near a creek bed that gets rich, dark loamy deposits after ever rainstorm, i barely ever touch my outdoor plants with anything but some handfuls of the jobes and goat shit. Almost never even water, dont need to here, climate and soil is just about perfect. Pretty sure its just a fast flowering pheno. Showing no signs of stress so far. Its just doing what it do. Only expecting a couple ounces realistically, started her a bit later than I should have, she popped at the end of April. I'm usually putting out ten inch clones around then...good news though..

Outdoor queen already throwing glandular trichomes on some of the fan leaves lol

And I'd have better yeilds if I vegged a bit longer, about double per plant usually over what my current two indoors will do. And I did something wrong with my fatass this round indoors, think I only did one cup of the feed instead of two by accident maybe.

And I've never heard of a single person going past 1g/watt from t5 or cfl....lots of lumens but they are spread out over too large an area for anything more than that, but is very even distribution of light and pleasing to the eye. And I don't smoke every day, what I do more than supplies my demand for the herb :wink: which all one could ever hope for

Edited by Milktruck (06/21/16 03:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom