Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: blue berry x & blue knight [Re: Nevar44]
    #815143 - 06/16/16 08:10 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Have never used ozone water lol....no help there. I only inact pest control when I see pests whic is almost never during summer, they seem to prefer being outside where t here is unlimited food lol

As for canoeing/leaf cupping isnt that too a sign of over abundant n2?

Am probably wrong there, thats a problem I havnt seen in a while..and you older growth doesnt Look too dark...usually n2 overdose mean dark as hell old growth...idk lol

Edited by Milktruck (06/16/16 08:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: blue berry x & blue knight [Re: Milktruck]
    #815152 - 06/16/16 10:59 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Well time to research

BB is supposed to be a trickier strain

I'll update w my findings on this canoeing

The bb is frosting up day 17 she is an early one it seems. Early or super frosty I'm guessing

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815153 - 06/16/16 11:36 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

My lanky queen does that, starts the trichs at about 14-16 days into flower and builds steady. She is an 8 week strain. is really REALLY potent

My fatass queen just builds buds until 2-3 weeks from harvest, then starts throwing trichs super quick. Is a 7 week strain, mega couch lock, is actually my preferred one even though not as potent, i like the buzz more and she always out yeilds the lankies by a good bit

I still find it a difficult swallow that both are the same cross from the same two parents xD I have three fat indica dom phenos present in the seed, one of those being a little bit too stretchy between nodes for my liking, then my sativa dom recessive lanky lol

sad my baseed beast was a male, was hoping to cross it with my afghani pollen as well to make a new first gen cross with many phenos to choose from

Edited by Milktruck (06/16/16 11:38 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815164 - 06/17/16 08:23 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Check this breeding method out :smile:

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/754391/page/1

I wish I had some pollen atm...

Struck a trade w a guy for some months ago he never sent me any pollen ass hole..

My buddy is flowering some white widow and some blue berry males atm so this fall I can make first seeds :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/17/16 08:50 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815166 - 06/17/16 12:39 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

All my nutrients are pre loaded into my soil mix so I just buy 24 packs of neutral spring water for $4 and just add water lol, drainage sits at 6.8 ph, water input is 7 neutral at about 10 ppm dissolved solids. Used to blend my own super soils when i first went away from roots organics, (went to rooots from cheap chem ferts including GH) but the pre made organics are getting WAY better than they used to be...is basically a prebalanced soil ecosystem in a bag lol. Has everything I used to blend into my super soils already in it. (I do add some small amounts of rock mineral dust and hardwood ash still though)

As for breeding, I did a single dip with a tiny paintbrush and that single dip was enough to impregnate about 50 calyxes...a little pollen goes a LONG way. Had to be careful as I want my lanky queen to remain pure sensi, I still have her as a clone mother in the basement under a t8 fixture. Not gonna breed a lanky clone until im ready to ditch the mother or give her away lol

And I dont like to stableize too much like in that thread, inbreeding NOTICEABLY damages yeild even though it produces a more consistent seed. It also leaves less genetic defense to fall back on in the presense of pests or fungal infection. my preferred method is find an F1 thats subject to and maintains hybrid vigor. Im growing for personal consumtion, not for perfectly consistent seeds I can make a profit on lol...after I ind my f1 I like I usually run a mother plant with clones, back crossing to stableize phenotypes drops yeilds pretty dramatically over f1's with hybrid vigor present. Escially when dealing with heavy indicas. If it wasnt for maintaining hybrid vigor my fatasses yeilds wouldnt be near the lanky sativa dom at the same age...but her yeilds are actually more on average :smile: the backcross I just did with a non dir ed ctly related afghani is seeing if I can find one that flowers out even faster lol...without losing the benefit f1's with hybrid vigor have on yeild

Ime, f1s are the easiest to grow, by far, have the best yields, and the most diversity in phenotypes to chose from (I consider the last one a positive, most consider multiple phenos a negative though) But I can see exactly why someone would want the consistency backcrossing provides

Fully aware I type lol way too much

Edited by Milktruck (06/17/16 01:36 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815167 - 06/17/16 01:49 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Very interesting

Im fully aware of hybrid vigor. No personal experience with it tho

However, this again was a light bulb for me. Ty again

Makes a lot of sense, if u lose yeild with stabilization it's not so appealing to me. However, a stable strain u have the ability to NEVER lose. Clone only F1 hybrids can't really be backed up in a guaranteed manner. Like u can w fungi. I've been told the highest yielding fungi a particular grower was able to obtain was an f2 clone... hybrid vigor I assumed in thay case. 2 oz per qt jar he got w that pheno..

Closet you could come to backing up a clone only strain is if it ever goes south u take a clone or many and propionate them in vitro. That should do that me trick if ur well practiced prior to the event

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815168 - 06/17/16 02:00 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Thats definitely a problem, although a few friends of mine turned some of my first gen clones I.to mothers. Four so far, Was trying to get a bit of redundancy as best I could lol.

I do see benefits to backcrossing to stableize, I actually took my two favorite, quite stable, homogenous strains to make the cross im picking through right now. Only found three phenos in the seedsman afghani regulars. And the feminized special queen was UNBELIEVALE for the price. Ive popped about a dozen, not a single hermie, and have yet to see a second phenotype. Marketed at 16% thc only but idc, was rediculous in potency for a 7 week skunky hybrid. Yeilds coulda been better though.

Edited by Milktruck (06/17/16 02:13 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815170 - 06/17/16 02:37 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting, Thats why I'm after stable strains. Or creating my own

I'm ASSUMING two stable strains crossed together will be better than crossing two diff f1s.. orrr crossing an F1 and an f2 or f3?

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/17/16 02:38 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815171 - 06/17/16 03:01 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I thought it would but not really...I got like five phenos now that my outdoor is flowering early lol. And the reason I call my recessive lanky recessive, is because it looks more like a skunk than the half skunk momma, which was crossed with one of the only true pure indica's left. So its calling back to genes present in the grandparentsor maybe even farther back. The cross just cave it ample ground to express the latent recessive qurikiness of the parents...

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815185 - 06/17/16 03:51 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

U have lost me there a bit lol

But pure indica, last left hmmmm

I have a fucking incredible it'd supposed to be a pure indica but what do I know yet lpl

So milktruck, what kinda soil do u use for indoors??

All the grow shop soils I cannot seem to find a heavy toxic metals analysis on...

So, if I were to get food grade soil like u do I could rest assured it's quality soil :smile:

I got thrips from a bag of happy from I'm pretty sure recently that's why I've been spraying ozone. No residues tho w the ozone. No resides except the reside which is present in the h2o u used to ozonate

I use happy frog in veg, or lately switched to nectar of the gods soil..

Then I use promix bx cut with perlite in flower. The promix is hopefully inert and free of heavy metals..

So hopefully my only concern is the veg soil

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/17/16 04:01 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815188 - 06/17/16 04:06 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Lol, just saying its across between a half skunk half Afghani, and a pure indica Afghani from seedsman. Both very stable strains, the special queen being unbelievably stable.

But for whatever reason the offspring range from pure indica looking plants, almost identical to the father, to mutts (like my fatass queen), to what looks like pure skunks (like my lanky queen) and strangely almost none look just like the uber-stable mother (special queen) which I thought to begin with being the mother and so stable would be the dominant characteristic, the only thing they really get from momma is above average potency and those downward angled bud leaves

And my outdoor is going into flower before the June solstice, so I'm calling it a new fast flowering pheno at the moment

Edited by Milktruck (06/17/16 04:22 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815189 - 06/17/16 04:21 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Lol I see I was thinking that was a rather large statement lol

Makes sense now

I'm told a root stock aka seed plant... will have dominance over the clone plant...

So most often ur male will carry the dominance if u will..

But if u clone ur male, and use the pollen from the clone it won't have such dominance I'M TOLD

I have no personal experience with this yet

Perhaps try using a seed plant female, and a seed plant male to get a nice mix. Or clones of them both.

If u want ur mom to carry dominance maybe it needs to be a seed plant, and the male plant need to be a clone??

Worth a shot maybe

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/17/16 04:25 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815198 - 06/17/16 06:25 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Both of the parents of my current cross WERE from seed lol... I have no real explanation for the recessive genes, but since the afghani is an old, strong, original landrace it may just have a very robust genome. Which Im guessing is why the majority of the seed just look loke yeildier and taller than average indicas.

Currently, my fatass clone has been pollenated with afghani pollen from a seed plant, so im expecting fairly robust indica phenotypes from that one...

still have about 100 of these afghani queen seeds though, so that one will stick around for a bit as well

Edited by Milktruck (06/17/16 06:27 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815259 - 06/18/16 04:25 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Most these pics are showing the agent orange she is the big talllll girl

Some pics are close ups of my fucking incredible. The growth tip of concern that I thought might be a set of balls popping definitely is not balls. It's a fucking growth tip popping out right next to a sex node on the main stalk... weird...

Then one pic shows the second set of branching on the fucking incredible again

U can see the blue night(front ri gh t) and the fucking incredible(back right) and then the blue berry budding along nicely in the back left.

The blue berry is gonna get here first dose of sugars at week three. Rather than week 4 since she is frosty and trying to swell already thoughts??

The agent orange is done stretching thankfully she couldn't have been much of a closer fit.. she came close to topping out lol can't wait to see her fill in..

Edited by Nevar44 (06/19/16 11:02 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815262 - 06/18/16 05:36 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Man, I love to see sativa doms next to indica Doms...they just complement each other's asthetic so nicely.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815296 - 06/19/16 11:06 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:smile:

I think the blueberry is maybe ready for the sugars already one week early...

Normally u add the molasses bottle at week four but I think week three is appropriate for the bb

Maybe that's why she is throwing a few leaves up I'm thinkin ima find out lol...

I'll get a better pic of the growth tip next to the sex node on the main stalk which is totally outta place if u asked me

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/19/16 11:10 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815309 - 06/19/16 12:02 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

What's the exact purpose of molasses again? Have never used it.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815328 - 06/19/16 03:32 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Well I'm not using straight molasses but I'm using the cutting edge sugaree.

Which amounts to molasses

The sugars in the end cycle, are to keep the microorganisms feeding and active all the way through flower. The way I understand it at least.. the activety of the microorganisms and the volatile organic compounds produced stimulates the plant to keep taking up sugars and to keep taking up iron also.

This I leaned from this link

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/806674/page/1.

I've read lots of books on fungi, NONE on plants yet. Although I've gotten some good plant books to study so I'm not exactly what I'm talking about lol

This sugaree, is NOT just molasses. It's sugars that includes molasses and also has other unknown ingredients that are formulated for fruits with sweeter terpene profiles.

Cutting edge, also makes "sour dee".

Sour dee is the same thing, sugars for the last four weeks.... but sour dee is formulated for your more earthy skunky terpene profile plants.

I wonder what they add to get that result out of those products. I'm told sour dee when used on deisle strains ect will have the neighbors two miles away knocking on ur door about the smell

Wish I could afford the bottle of sour dee atm lol. Guess I'm just gonna run sugaree until it's gone

Edited by Nevar44 (06/19/16 04:17 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815333 - 06/19/16 06:21 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

That plant is gonna out yeild my puny indoor queens by soooooo much xD....is so much bigger. Mine only vegged three weeks from Popping the seed lol. My outdoor even is probably only gonna yeild a couple zips if all goes well lol

And Good to know...ive never had an issue with keeping my soil flora and fauna alive though...when I cut I can usually still see active fungal cultures on all the roots.

And your little growths under the internodes are nothing to worry about...

My fatass queen does the same thing...look close at the node in the center of this pic...it grew a new shoot at its base as well, NOT a hermie top, is shooting more frosty female calyxes :smile: in fact her mother plant made one of these before a preflower after the 12/12 switch and she almost got pulled as a male, I just decided to wait a few more days because it looked a little weird to be a ball. So glad I waited

I was sketched out by it at first too, but it looks like its just making another little nug lol...srry for crap pics...fatass has too many thick indica leaves out front and center to focus on the buds well (I think my next round fatass is gonna get more feed in its soil...should be developing faster than lanky but is actually slightly behind. Forgot how heavy of a feeder an indica like this can be. And the purple streak in the main stem tells me shes getting some cal-mag next watering :cool:

She actually did it in a few places...no nanners or balls that I can find so far

Edited by Milktruck (06/19/16 07:07 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815341 - 06/19/16 07:12 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

The sugaree is also a 0-0-2 so it's more K...

It's not quite about keeping the microorganisms alive.. but keeping them active

In that link, he covers molasses at the end after yucca and b vitamins...

It's basically forces ur plant into storing more sugars than normal and uptaking more iron than normal according to how he explains it

Most nutrients have something similar for end flower cycle

As far as the weird growths on my pure indica... I'm thinking maybe it's an indica trait??

I don't think it'll be a hermie, ive watched the growth progress and it just looks like it'll be a little bud lol.. I'm wondering if it'll sap energy of provide more nice buds... I'm leaning towards sapping energy so we will see if I leave then or chop then off. It's also doing it in a few diff places along w shooting two sets of branches in many places

I've seen growth like this in one other strain I grew also that I cut down early due to hermie

My plants are a little purple also I noticed today u can maybe see in the pics I'm not sure if u can or not

I'm expecting 1/2-1 lb off each plant at least. Prob more like a hp off the indicas I'm guessing. It's my second grow so I dunno lol

I vegged until mine were all about 1' tall. I vegged until I could tell the sex basically then flowered asap. I wait to see sex in veg. I do not force sex my plants by putting them into flower

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/19/16 07:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies