Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Nevar44]
    #817593 - 07/31/16 05:18 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

had the same thought, maybe old or had been exposed to moisture and re-dried in the past perhaps, but i REALLY want to try and pull something from this strain, i badly want a decent male of it :wink:

if they dont snap out of it in a couple weeks im just gonna toss them and pop some afghani queen in their place lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #817621 - 08/01/16 08:44 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

growth on 2/3 of the pineapple purple skunks is picking up a bit, but still very slow.

At this point, not only the slowest, but also the ugliest seedlings ive ever had, cant wait to see what they look like if/when some non deformed growth comes in

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #817680 - 08/03/16 04:18 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Outdoor queen has seen better days for sure, need to get some more pyrithrens into her, got a bit of insect damage, nothing even close to life threatening though.

This was my first visit to her in a week or so, have been really busy, made the treck out to give her a few gallons of water and compost teas.

Buds starting to stack early....am excited, one branch is crested as well (fasciation),,,yes i said crested, same genetic anomoly we all know and love in our cacti :laugh: will be more obvious when she gets farther into flower but one branch is crested for SURE, flat polyploid stem and all.

The best close up of a lower nug, trichome production is more than pleasing to me for this early on, im sure whatever i end up with will be more than fine smoke :blazed:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
    #817691 - 08/03/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

ohhhh love that early sugar!

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #817722 - 08/04/16 04:36 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
ohhhh love that early sugar!

as do i, generally speaking, it implies super thick frost coverage later on :laugh:

INdoor babies doing fantastic, as is the older Queen a few weeks into veg

Back: Special Kush #1
Front left: Dutch Kush
Front Right: Cheese Candy

(although looking at them, i feel i may have labeled the cheese candy and the special Kush backwards :lol: )

Pineapple Purple Skunks....still super slow, still incredibly ugly :lol: Plant material LOOKS otherwise healthy, just super deformed, im thinking Nevarr is correct, the seeds were probably VERY old

Afghani Queen mom to be....such a fast vigorous plant, intending on her being a from seed clone mother for a while, once im done running her im planning on using her as a stable mom to breed with and try to maintain the hybrid vigor this cross expresses so strongly

The closet as it sits now...

And some more seeds in to pop

Afghani #1 after 16 hours on the towel being incubated:

The Incredible Bulk after 16 hours incubated ona wet towel, already impressive as fuck and it isnt even a vegging plant yet :laugh:

Edited by Milktruck (08/04/16 09:18 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817858 - 08/07/16 06:05 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Left to right:

Special Kush #1 Fem, Dutch Kush Fem, Cheese Candy Fem... This photo is a perfect example of why i love Royal Queen Seeds so much, and why i am surprised more people dont use them :wink:...i have nothing to do with the company, just have been very impressed with every single bean ive ever received from them.

Anyone else ive shared my Afhani Queens with, they share 1/4 of their genepool with this special kush, and it shows, the resemblance is there for SURE

And two non fem pineapple purple skunks, lost one already, if these dont take off in the next week im culling them....sad sad looking seedlings....shitty is a better word. in the EXACT soil mix the fems and my afghani queen are in

The Incredible Bulk 24 hours after popping above soil, expecting it to surpass the pineapple purple skunks within 3 days

And last, bt sure as hellnot least, my 38 day old Afghani queen mother plant... thing is an absolute BEAST, about to have to transplant and cut off the nutrients and get her under my t8 fixtured to slow her down....doubt itll work :lol:

Also popped some REGULAR Super Silver Haze strain recreation seeds (far from spot on recreation, but close, used the same strains) from a friend out west, have popped a couple before, are a Haze #1 x Skunk #1 x Northern Lights F1, probably closer to Mr. Nice's SSH than Greehouse Seed's

Edited by Milktruck (08/07/16 06:25 PM)

InvisibleHashed
    #817892 - 08/08/16 06:19 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Commencing back to front read of thread...
:bearbreakdance:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Hashed]
    #817943 - 08/09/16 08:43 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

u languaged gewd there sir!

thanks for stopping by and for the bumpp!

InvisibleHashed
    #817947 - 08/09/16 09:01 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

No doubt bro.
Said back to front read of thread had been commenced when I posted that, I'm now up to date.

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Hashed]
    #817950 - 08/09/16 09:04 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

welcome to the only real addiction that cannabis could ever actually offer you :rockon:

InvisibleHashed
    #817956 - 08/09/16 09:18 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Word brother!
Already hooked!
:oogieboogie:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818008 - 08/10/16 11:02 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

SSH day 2 from seed (1/3 got eaten by a mouse or bug of some kind, layed down some traps xD)

and my afghani Queen day 40 from seed, showing some signs of nitrogen deficiency, gonna transplant and up the veg nutirents in the mix she goes in to, i dont usually veg for this long, going to break her down into clones in the near future

InvisibleHashed
    #818057 - 08/12/16 12:39 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Awesomeness bro!!!!! :ganja:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818142 - 08/14/16 03:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

coming along nicely, gave another dose of pyrethrins for the pests.

a bit of spider mite damage down low, never got to the point of webs. havn't seen any black eggs or live mites in almost a week, been treating twice a week with pyrethrins, will stop about a week before harvest and the buds are going to get a diluted peroxide bath before hanging up to dry to help remove any un-oxidised residue and possible fungus/fungal spores.

had some inch worms come through, but haven't seen any the last week either, newest bud growth and newest water leaves are nice and healthy, unmarked

have removed maybe a gram wet of buds that showed a few grey calyxes for fear of bud rot spreading. looked to be fairly old though, probably from the week of storms we had before this drought kicked in :lol:

has been very dry recently, so some yellowing down low, she received a few gallons of water and a healthy dose of teas right before i snapped the photos

Lookin like a mid september plant so far, so not going to have any color, and will be a bit fluffy from the heat, but looks like she will be pretty good smoke to me. Definitely could have used a milder more consistent growing season, but you take what you get outdoors :lol:

Edited by Milktruck (08/14/16 03:37 PM)

InvisibleHashed
    #818146 - 08/14/16 04:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Nice one brother!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818151 - 08/14/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Just received word from my partner in crime the lanky queen clone mother has been soldto a friend a few hours a way to make room for new from seed mothers so they take up a little less space for the number of clones provided.

She will be missed, but i want faster flowering phenos! :lol: of which this cross is full of...not sure what were gonna do with the fatass queen mom, if the new one is better we'll get rid of her too but if not she stays.

InvisibleHashed
    #818152 - 08/15/16 01:44 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a plan brother.

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818172 - 08/15/16 02:31 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I was warned Crested/Fasciated buds are VERY susceptible to rot because of how big and dense they get early on, ESPECIALLY when outdoors, so as kind of expectet i noticed a thing today.

they were right, had to remove the crested bud today, noticed a couple dead leaves on it, and upon inspection there is some fresh rot starting on the inside, had to pull it off and do some surgery.

The bud was hard as a rock, so hard and dense, i am not even CLOSE to surprised i lost it early, had been expected since i realised it was a fasciated top branch

Live and learn, next time i have a fasciated outdoor plant ill be removing the top immediately, was just my first fasciated cannabis plant so i wanted to see what it would do.

Gonna dry what doesnt have any rot, and turn it into a dab or two of iso, all the trichs are still clear so not expecting it to be anything but a pre-yardwork dab.

when removing buds like this i strongly advise doing it under a plastic bag or something like that to avoid spreading fungal spores around to other parts of the plant.

spores are already there, this is planet earth, but the point is, you want as little spore mass on the thing as possible.

And when it comes to bud rot, a light steady rain is actually FAR worse then a brief heavy one, the brief ones can physically damage plants, but it actually removes alot of the surface spores and i rarely see rot after them. And after storms it tends to get sunny really quick again, it's the slow set in rates that cool it off for days of cool temps with high humidities that are my bane.

However this just seemed to have been caused by lack of airflow to the center of the bud, was quite a large, dense nug for being this early on in flower, so it's not surprising it rotted

Am thinking about bringing back out he garlic solutions and just hoping i get a good 4-5 days of sunny weather before harvest to kill the smell/taste of it. We got three days of rain in the forecast later on this week, may just have to go throw some grocery bags over the tops and pull off in between bouts of rain to get fresh air.

we shall see what happens when the time comes :lol: Had i not noticed the one tiny brown leaf up top coming from the center of that leaf that went brown without yellow in between, i could have EASILY ended up losing this whole plant in like a week once this next rain comes in.

Edited by Milktruck (08/15/16 04:02 PM)

InvisibleHashed
    #818176 - 08/15/16 05:00 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Shit bro, thank you for the information on budrot!

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818192 - 08/15/16 08:54 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

the pineapple purple skunk finally pulled out of whatever it was stuck in since birth, seeing some non deformed leaves and faster growth now :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds