Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #817368 - 07/26/16 06:11 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

just had a  thought, no idea how well it would work, but maybe when the humidity is too high you could take some dehydrated rice put it in a paper towel and tie it off so it doesn't mix with the bud and put in jar. But you would still need a hygrometer so you don't dry too much :shrug:

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #817385 - 07/26/16 04:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

when i dry i go until the entire bud is CRISPY dry, and the stems between the nugs snap with a pop, but the stem inside the bud is still a little flexible.

as you cure up this little bit of moisture left in the stem will spread back out evenly through the neg leaving a nice, soft, pungent smelling, dry enough to smoke, and no longer crispy dry nug.

Humidity here was between 75-85% for almost the last month, been battling light signs of PM on my outdoor queen but didn't have any issues drying or starting the curing process on my lanky queen.

If you ever over dry buds TOO MUCH before the cure, you can actually wet your finger with purified water, and rub this around the rim of a jar already filled with over dried nugs, pop on the lid, and set the jar in WARM DIRECT sunlight for NO MORE THAN 5-6 MINUTES.

Let this sit for about 6 hours after that in warm darkness, NO LONGER THAN 6 hours, then burp that a couple times and go on curing like normal.

if your humidity indoors isnt manageable and you dont have a hygrometer (i have never used one tbh) then id recommend cutting your nugs off the main stems and drying them on a screen with similar airflow to the way you would if you just hung them up. This helps drying when it's humid a LOT more than you would think without damaging the terpenes, or having to fork out a small wad for a dehumidifier.

Although just getting a dehumidifier is a lot easier :lol: and keep in mind some genetics wont begin to smell :right" for sometimes even up to 2 weeks in cure, if you dried it correctly it will NOT smell like hay or dirt before the cure abut after drying, it WILL however smell VERY similar to sliced cucumbers, if you are familiar with that smell, is quite specific, but still recognizeable as the smell of cannabis resin, and a hell of a lot more pleasant than that dried-to-quick "hay" smell, some genetics ive had however have smelled like cured nugs no matter how i dired them, even in the oven, but those are FEW and far between lol. (Kera Seeds White Thunder was one, smelled incredible, smoked incredible, tasted incredible, even freshly dried completely un cured, was VERY impressive, however those seeds were TERRIBLE on yields and hermied like fucking crazy :lol: )

not saying what you had wasnt mold, just rambling on about the curing process really lol, although i have had a couple indica dominant plants that cured up and smelled like a straight up dirty wet basement, smooth even burn, piney taste, no sign of molds or PM, but the bag still smells like a dirty basement thats been wet for a year... they just smelled like that for whatever reason, very mold like, but having molded buds before it was not the same smell, but very similar, also not implying this is your issue, just throwing things out there from experience.

Edited by Milktruck (07/26/16 05:11 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Milktruck]
    #817390 - 07/26/16 05:48 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

always helpful milk thanks bud it makes more sense it was mold my sniffer is amazing and I see now that I didn't dry enough

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818173 - 08/15/16 03:09 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

im a cigarette smoker, my sniffer hasnt worked right in over a decade :lol:

it works, just not very well lol, but if i walk in the house and my roommate is cooking a grilled cheese or something, ill still know immediately..

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Milktruck]
    #818175 - 08/15/16 04:15 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

lol my sniffer was great when I did smoke I haven't smoked for a couple years now and it is insane how strong my sense of smell is and my taste buds are ridiculous I used to do pest control when I smoked I was known for being the death sniffer I could tell exactly where something died in the walls the moment I stepped in the house I could not do that job today vomitus maximus...

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821761 - 12/07/16 02:28 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

still alive?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals