Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow
    #808785 - 03/26/16 02:25 AM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Hello Everyone!

So this is my first grow log so bare with me...

I started 5 fem. White Widow seeds on 3/21/16 and all of them sprouted on the 2nd day this morning 3/25/16 I picked out the best three to go in to soil and in to my 2'x4'x5' tent with my 400w MH cheap ass setup my soil mix is just coco coir, Perlite, and topsoil It has been about 16 years since I grew bud and all this inside growing and nutrients are very new to me I was taught to use basicly trash for my compost soil mixes outside but not gonna drag that crap inside my house so I'm using General Hydroponics nutes and following directions I was gonna do side by side tests and all kinds of other nonsense but I think it was just excitement so I'm just gonna keep it simple this run and see how it goes the other two sprouts are sitting on my window sill right now I'm gonna put those in to my buddies super soil to see what happens but that's about it...
as you can see I had a little issue with these new fangled smart pots the top looked dry so I went to water them and boom water all over the fucking place apparently they were just fine so says the soil tester thing... let me know if I'm missing anything and any advice is appreciated
Mahalo for reading!:popcorn:

The Road So Far...

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Edited by Baron_Samedi (07/08/16 07:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #808791 - 03/26/16 08:58 AM (8 years, 22 days ago)

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/806657

I think smaller pots are better for little babies

I like to start them in a 1/2 pint to a pint of soil. Give em maybe a week ish in that.

Then transplant to a gallon pot. The gallon pot I leave them in until I can sex them.

Once they are sexed, is when I transplant the ladies into whatever flower pot I wanna use. The males I leave in the gallons pots for few weeks just to make sure they're males.

A bigger pot, provides more of a chance for your soil to stay overly wet for too long. Which could lead to fungi or bugs in ur soil. There is no root system to draw the water from the bottom of the big pot and won't be for some time.

So keeping them in small pots helps w that. The roots will grow through most of the soil rather quickly and will be drawing water from the entire body of soil. Which will allow all the soil to dry up and that will allow ur plant roots to breath.

The best way to tell if it's time to water, is by picking up the pot and feeling how heavy it is. So it right after watering

Then keep checking it so u can get a feel for how heavy it is when wet and u will be able to tell when it's dry by the weight of the pot and by ur plants reaching for the sky... they flare up kinds when thirsty and if u wait too long after the flare they will dry up some on u

Having such a large pot, makes it hard to keep ur watering even. Hard to keep the soil moisture content even that way.. cause the bottom of the pot will stay wet and heavy and the top will dry out.

Since ur plants so small u Wil need to water the top of the soil to keep the little root system from drying up. That root system hasn't reached the bottom of the pot and it won't for a week or more prob.

It won't start sapping the water from the bottom of the pot until it grows roots down there to do so. So watering in those big pots will be somewhat trickier

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/26/16 09:10 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Nevar44]
    #808801 - 03/26/16 04:28 PM (8 years, 22 days ago)

Thanks man yea I know my pots are huge it's what I have and I wasn't thinking when I transplanted to use like cups or whatever the roots on those were really aggressive grew through the plug and was curling at the bottom of the dish so I freaked and popped em in to soil so I am checking them more than usual about every 12 hrs all the spilled water is gone and the moisture is still great
I have the other two in small cups I have a habit of putting plants in huge pots I have always just let my plants do their thing with minimal interference water,feed, and tend if it needs it...
I am having ano issue figuring how high my lights need to be right now they are about 1' away is that about right?

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#808829 - 03/27/16 11:14 AM (8 years, 21 days ago)

1ft may be close enough to stress...
I (used to) keep a 400w HPS at least 18" away this early in growth.

--------------------
Man Eater

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #808858 - 03/27/16 07:01 PM (8 years, 21 days ago)

thanks I'll change that up and see no stress signs yet but a bit hard to tell this young I moved it down from about 2ft because they looked like they were reaching a lot for light

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#808951 - 03/29/16 01:23 AM (8 years, 20 days ago)

well changed the hight and it looks good the soil tester thing says it's still norm+ so I'll take that as fine no very exciting pics but the little guys are moving :popcorn:

Oh also got P.alba cuttings and Calea Z sprouts in there too

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (03/29/16 01:27 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808954 - 03/29/16 01:47 AM (8 years, 20 days ago)

The seed ling looks like it's possibly trying to get away from the light

It's Def not stretching, it's curled in a manner that says it doesn't wanna go any closer to ur light source..

U may already b aware of this, u said u just moved the light further away is this why u had done that?? Def good move if so

Hey if u ever have any qs about any input I've given please ask me to elaborate. I ask stupid qs all day long trying to learn myself no harm there at all in my book lol :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#808955 - 03/29/16 02:32 AM (8 years, 20 days ago)

yea after resin mentioned it I went to check and saw they were ducking down so I'm moved it up like 6" the back two bent cause I accidently sprayed them both hard with a narrow stream when I was messing with my water bottle it slipped from my hands and when I caught it it shot everywhere and pinned those little guys to the dirt so I had to carefully pull them out but they were now top heavy with droplets so I just let them go I didn't want to mess with them as much as possible

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#809133 - 04/01/16 02:44 AM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Day 10

still just little ladies the other two are going in to 3gal bags with my buddies super soil tomorrow night pretty interested to see how that's gonna do

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#809666 - 04/04/16 10:32 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Day 13
ok so a few changes...
First I added one 1gal Hydro bucket for shits and giggles though I used a soft plug for my seeds instead of rockwool so i had to fill the gaps with random shit i have laying around and I learned a valuable lesson do not foliar spray with nutes I like to spray my plants when they are little to build up stem strength but some of my leaves look burned so I sprayed them well with water and moved my light a few inches up to make sure it's not toasting them it's getting pretty hot these days so I may have to do a bucket A/C deal in there...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#809731 - 04/05/16 05:52 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Day 14
yup it's hot as hell in the tent it was 92 degrees so I had to change up my light cycle from 24hrs to 20/4 switch from noon to 4 the hottest times but added a supplemental LED flood light I was gonna use for flowering now using in the dark 4hrs so now my hid is at 24" from the top of the tallest plant also turned my shot gun bucket I'm gonna use for myco co2 in to a hillbilly A/C when I go in to flower I'll have space for 4 oyster logs but for now I'm gonna do a yeast jar just waiting for my fermenting caps to come in

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#810745 - 04/13/16 11:44 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Day 23

so over hauled the set up again I'm not sure why but all of my plants stalled except they sample hydro and one of the newly potted window seedling so I converted the rest to hydro in a med size tote about 5gal and kept the one potted seedling and everything seems much happier I also started a couple more seeds...
1 Agent Orange
1 Dreamin OG
1 KAT
1 KAT x Fucking Incredible
But only the Agent Orange and Dreamin OG popped they are regular seeds so praying for females but those are the 2 seedlings on the right side of the grow and they just took off and are catching up quick!

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#810746 - 04/14/16 12:06 AM (8 years, 4 days ago)

My KAT and KAT x fi didn't do well. I'll never send anyone untested seeds again I'm sry and I'll replace then w good blue berry seeds after I test the blue berry very soon

My KAT went tmv get rid of em asap I'd say

Been meaning to tell u

Honestly it's just now really becoming apparent for me. Started two kat. One cracked one didnt. Same w the KAT x f.i.

Both plants them at DID crack look odd. Possible tmv. So I cracked three more of each

If all three of each don't do well I will contact the seed supplier. I think he will have fresher seeds to replace these with honestly ... :/ my bad

Plants looking better :smile: started some white widow myself

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/14/16 12:36 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#810806 - 04/14/16 03:36 PM (8 years, 3 days ago)

yea they didn't do anything but the Agent Orange popped easy like the Dreamin OG just lmk bro the blueberry sounds great but it's not your fault man

I'm learning inside growing is a very different monster than outside grows they both have different needs and you really have to retrain your thinking and start from scratch it's very humbling and I'm always happy to learn something new

on a side note I just added a fermenting jar to add some co2 but I knocked up some grain and other cult mediums to do a couple 1ft pink oyster logs to hang in the corners I have never been able to fruit oysters here but these are supposed to handle the temp so we will see either way I'll get something out of it

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#810848 - 04/14/16 05:16 PM (8 years, 3 days ago)

It is my fault for not testing the seeds before I gave them out i assumed that they would be good

I also assume did they will be replaced

Pretty sure he gave me old stock, which I will have to inform him has gone bad and they'll be replaced I hope

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineGrit
    #810860 - 04/14/16 07:09 PM (8 years, 3 days ago)

I'm hoping that dreamin og is female for you man! I have a couple plants with that polar bear og from the same breeder jammin out right now too. They're pretty young about a month old, I'm also hunting for a female. The two that I started popped right up no problems, real strong healthy plants.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Grit]
    #810873 - 04/14/16 09:26 PM (8 years, 3 days ago)

yea buddy good luck to you too that one seedling is only a little older than a week I'm so stoked on how fast both those seedlings are catching up but also worried about weak stems so I've been knocking em around a bit more than the others

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #810874 - 04/14/16 09:28 PM (8 years, 3 days ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #810888 - 04/15/16 12:06 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

They will do great stalks should thicken up

I wanna run some hydro soon see how it goes good luck :smile:

Jealous of ur agent orange can't wait to see if it's a girl

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#810897 - 04/15/16 03:12 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

yea I mean when they get a bit bigger I'm gonna use the 4 posts and some jump cord to make my first "screen" then before flower either hang wire for the top screen or lace one out of jump cord depending how the first one does but I'm gonna wait till they get tallied enough to work around the filter that's when I'll be worried about them 

I kinda wanted to try shaping one of my plants like a crazy bonsai but most likely I'm gonna do that with the dirt one if it lags behind the others too much

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#810985 - 04/16/16 04:46 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Day 26

...and alls well!!!

Those little ladies are taking off man super stoked I have also been seeing these "sock jug" Hydro/Aero grow system that wicks water with an old sock pretty nifty idea I made a couple variations for fun with crap I had around the house I can't start anymore at the moment but I wanna see if they will hold up Im also constructing a mini grow tent so I can start some new seeds or veg some cuttings while my main tent is flowering I was just gonna use my small hydro bucket for that but I may try the sock jug first it would be cool to not have to run another air pump if it works I'll make another grow log with the weird little projects and tweaks

Edited by Baron_Samedi (04/16/16 04:49 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811009 - 04/16/16 02:43 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Day 26...still...

Yup so I couldn't wait to try out the sock jug and I did a little test with my soil meter I've been using and it is horribly off its like opposite of what it reads I gotta get a better one i felt bad for spending so much at one time I skimped on the little things that weren't so important  boy was I wrong lesson learned invest in good monitoring equipment it will save so much time...

As for the jug I used an empty candy container and a stray ankle sock I would say not to use any sock with a prominent heel cause it makes the plant sit funny inside the sock toe is cut off and I used a zip tie to lightly hold things together I slipped the roots down the sock and tighten up the tie just enough for the coir mix to stay in place I really just pulled the rooting plug with a hand full of coir took a hand full of pebbles and mixed in the sock then layered more pebbles on top to keep the plant stable I placed the holes by the fan to keep the air moving and I used the same hydro mix I could see how this can work air flow and stagnant water are my biggest concerns I might add more h202 in this mix just because there is no water movement but I'll give it a week before I do anything else

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#811135 - 04/17/16 03:24 PM (8 years, 15 hours ago)

When you say "soil meter" are you referring to a soil pH meter?
If so, those yellow paper pH strips are soooo much cheaper and more accurate. For measuring soil pH, just catch the first ~5-10 drops of runoff and check it with a pH strip.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811154 - 04/17/16 05:41 PM (8 years, 13 hours ago)

actually talking multi function ph, light meter, soil dampness, soil temp things like that but now that I'm transitioning to hydro the point is moot unless there is something that can monitor nutrient contents in the water but Ive never looked for anything like that...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811212 - 04/18/16 05:33 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 28 (4 weeks)

Well moving in to aggressive growth feeding schedule gradually my agent orange on the top righten the very edge of the leaves are turning up not sure if just more hungry than the others so I'm gonna try foliar feeding for a bit to see what happens and the sock jug is doing worse then the soil so I'm gonna take that out when my new pump and stuff come in tomorrow I was gonna isolate the biggest widow in a separate  bucket but now seeing this agent orange it might be better to isolate that one so I don't risk over feeding the others

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811314 - 04/19/16 10:43 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 29

so I ordered another small pump for a single bucket and my germ/cutting system but it came with a European plug so after some modification I got my sick ass plant in to the bucket today also did some minor trimming now I'm done tweaking the set up now just focusing on feeding and screening when they get bigger I get my multifunction ppm meter tomorrow so I'm stoked to see what's up...
as for that agent orange it seems like a mutation and not a feeding issue any input on that issue would be great

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811320 - 04/19/16 11:35 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

What makes u say mutation??

Looks to me like the problem simply got worse, I don't see mutations

which would tell me that it had too much food. Not too little food

So now u need to do the opposite, spray it with plain water to dilute the nutrients u sprayed onto it..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/19/16 11:39 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811322 - 04/20/16 12:13 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

sound advice I'll try it I only say mutation because it dosent seem to be effecting the growth rate at all and it looks feels and smells healthy I may be seeing what I want to see and I think I saw pics of mutated leaves while I was searching for an albino strain of weed that's not light bleached I don't remember what site it was I followed a long ass link train to get there but I'll look for it again and I never found any albino or variegated striped strain that wasn't burnt or nutes either low or high but I did find a lot of cool leaf mutations weird fingers non serrated etc very cool looking I'll search for it and get back to you

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811425 - 04/21/16 02:54 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 30

meter didn't come yet... but I found where they were taking about upturned leaves and I misread it they said it might be humidity or heat issue so I'm just gonna keep misting it but I did find pics of an albino mutation grown outdoor and it was only one stem but cool as fuck looking I want one so bad lol

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811610 - 04/23/16 10:19 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 33

ok so I decided to throw my plants in to flower today they are pretty little but since the general consensus for indoor is to veg from 2 to 4 weeks I figured I'd give it a try so I'm changing out my bulb and going 12/12 on at midnight but for the first week I'm keeping on veg nutes since I just fed them...

Fresh off their first 12hr dark period 400w HPS 24" away from the tallest plant it runs a little hotter so I'm running my fan at 50% instead or the 20% I was using 

Edited by Baron_Samedi (04/24/16 04:38 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811627 - 04/24/16 09:31 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

In my opinion, it would be best to give plants a lil shot of transition nutes or weak flower nutes... a few days before u switch the lights

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811628 - 04/24/16 09:33 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I see dead leaves sitting around!

That can bring molds and bugs throw that shit away! Lol :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811657 - 04/24/16 08:17 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

sorry mom I learned it from watching you! lol nah  I did I cleaned it out before I put in to flower they are before and after shots and ill try that next time the cycle has started already but the GH nutes has a transition phase table and thats what I did I fed them the night before and the difference is more bloom additive so I just added to match the table that way I don't have to wait a week to change it.
that agent orange just dosent like the heat I've ruled out everything else it's not messing with the growth at all so I'm just gonna run it if it turns out female
I got the urge to start some seed again so I started...
3x Dreamin OG regular
1x Green Crack fem.
2x Afgani regular

I'm gonna do a different grow long for those with all the nifty stuff I picked up on this log...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811667 - 04/25/16 07:38 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

You know what, I've got a white widow seedling acting the same way curled up leaves not quite as bad tho..

I'm thinking heat too, was gonna say the same. Seems heat is prob w white widow, so maybe that's prob w AO... I'm not entirely sure but that's the most obvious answer I think bumer strain for HI if that is indeed the case

I've got some purple kens og chemdog and femine in flower atm :smile: picked em up second hand

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/25/16 07:39 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811727 - 04/26/16 02:49 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yea no matter how much I mist they still won't straighten up on new growth so I'm convinced it's the heat there's no real way to test it my tent is only a few degrees hotter than outside I'll still clone it when they start getting branched out just in case it's bomb I'm gonna check again tonight for the sex of those two plants they still aren't really showing anything not even swelling at the base

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811728 - 04/26/16 05:39 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 35

ok so I got the wrong pump this time I got a water pump instead of an air pump so I said fuck it I'll try my hand at making an Aero tub everything was working well until I got my tub in the tent it was running for about a half hr when I noticed a burning smell apparently there was a leak on the back side of the tub and it was trickling water in to the pan my air filter sits on and where I keep the air pumps it soaked one of my air pumps and it wasn't very happy but I fixed it all up and just put a new hole in the main tub for the 7th plant and it's back to the drawing board for the Aero tub I think I'm gonna use a bucket next time or at least a tub with a seal it was awesome sprinkler hitting all 8 pots bottoms but now the sprinkler is too big for a bucket but I can cut and plug it to fit I don't know that will be for the next grow log... so now for today I took a top cutting from my best white widow no sex on the Agent Orange or the Dreamin OG  so just cleaned em up to get those branches going

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #811729 - 04/26/16 05:47 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

the very first time I filled up my ebb/flow set up before putting in any plants I accidently knocked over the top tray where the plants go and ended up dumping about 15 gallons of water out, took me hours to clean up. I've never done DWC but it doesn't seem too difficult, I don't know what the inside of that tub looks like but maybe you just need to switch out the water pump for a couple of air stones.

You can buy a pump that lets you use 2 air stones at a time. They sell them at pet stores that also carry fish stuff. Another thing to look into is a drip set up since you have so many pots, you just need a way for them to all drain to the same place where the water will be sucked back up and to stake the emitters well so the water goes where it its suppose to.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811731 - 04/26/16 06:17 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

that's how my main tub is just holes and air stones in water I don't know the terminologies we just called it hydro back in the day what I was trying to build wasn't DWC it was called aeroponics about basically just a sprinkler that hit the roots with water so more air to the roots than just bubbles my downfall was the lid didn't seal so it dripped of the edges I've seen plants grow fast as hell like that I've been trying to order cheap pumps on line but keep getting weird shit air pumps are exspensive as hell here I need a more powerful one for my main tank I want that shit to bubble hard thenough pump I got here rated for 10gal was the smallest they had and it was $40 both the pumps I ordered online combined was less than that but one had a European plug that isn't very powerful with the new plug but will work perfectly for another project and the other is a pretty powerful water pump just my bad luck I'm just glad I didn't ruin anything lol

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #811735 - 04/26/16 06:20 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

aeroponics sprays water frequently onto roots that are just hanging in the air, not over water. DWC Deep water culture is when the roots are hanging over water and an air stone is splashing water on the roots, eventually the roots grow into the water. Both methods are hydro, just like the way I grow (ebb and flow)

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811736 - 04/26/16 07:29 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yup then it's aeroponics what I'm building with the water pump and my system has my net pots almost always fully submerged and an air stone in the tub what is that called? my buddies used to grow like this in the late 90's they always tried to get me to switch to "hydro" but I was lucky to learn from an old skool grower who taught me to use food waste for mulch to amend soil so my tech knowledge in respect to growing is nill but the old skool way took longer to grow and prepare and there is no way to use it indoors cause it reeks but it always produced awesome bud this is why I've been stumbling over myself cause it feels like everything is new and I have to break old habits but I think I'm getting the hang of it once I learn all these newfangled additives and growing methods I'll dial in my preference and maybe break down the old skool recipes in to nutrient mixes

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Baron_Samedi] * 1
    #811750 - 04/26/16 10:53 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I think you are talking about DWC. Thats how I get ll me clones to root!

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #811784 - 04/26/16 03:07 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yup that's It good to have a name for it thanks

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812110 - 04/30/16 12:34 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 39

First off a question how long does it take you to spot sex on indoor flower cycle?
I'm not seeing sex yet on any of my plants no swelling or twisting or growth 
ok lots of stuff first I moved my air filter to maximize my usable space in the tent I'm not sure how big these plants are gonna get but seeing the growth up to now I realized I have way too many plants for my space so I decided to do 3 white widow plants in my Aero bucket that I will restrict to main stem growth (no crazy branching) and the other three WW DOG and AO in the main DWC tub to grow out how it wants to but I will trim to keep it clean that leaves me with 1 WW and a ton of WW cuttings that can be clones so I called my buddy to come take them and give some away to the medical MJ community here and some for himself of course I'm just glad they aren't going to waste this still leaves me 6 in the tent and a clone of each strain still over my limit but if I consolidate the WW in the bucket to one "plant" I think it would pass I'm not expecting to get a visit but it's always good to try and follow the rules...

anyway I tried to update earlier but accidently hit the back button and lost everything so I chucked my phone and raged lol but this will be like a double update I guess alright I started more seeds cause I couldn't stand the temptation so I sowed in rockwool...
1x Green Crack fem auto from fast buds
2x Afgani regular free seeds with ^^^
3x Dreamin OG
they were planted on the 23rd and only 1 DOG sprouted so far this is the first time I've used rockwool and followed the directions soak adjust ph if need to but it seems like it's taking way longer than when I use these unnetted choir peat Moss plugs I think the holes might be too deep for seeds next to me I think I need to stuff the hole so the hole is only a few mm deep... also greenpoint had an awesome 50% off deal so yea I forsee alot more seed work in the future

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#812112 - 04/30/16 01:59 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

IME max. 7-10 days after the 12/12 switch but preflowers have shown in late veg lighting before.
Nice stout branching. :thumbup:

--------------------
Man Eater

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812117 - 04/30/16 04:44 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

whats up mang ok I veged for about a month and they have been in flower for about a week or so any day now somethings gotta show I think my heat issue might be affecting things even though I only run my lights at night it's still in the low 90's sometimes mid 80's... I need to get another bigger fan in there asap I'm gonna try grab one tomorrow

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#812122 - 04/30/16 08:25 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Look at each node. Look at the front and the back of each node.

For each node there are 4 locations where it might show sex. Left node, right node. And the front and back of each node....

Also, u might have to move a leaf around to get a good look at sex

If u habe any herms, u should be able to noticed balls by day 7. Day ten at the latest.

This also goes to say if u have any females, they show sex right away usually. Def within 7-10 days

Maybe u have too much N, delaying flowering??? Just a wild guess, my first thought would be try looking closer

If the high temps were an issue, your plants would tell you. I don't recall seeing any heat stress signs? Maybe I'm wrong?

My tent is 82 degrees or so. The plants are fine w that temp as long as they aren't too close to the light. At which point they try to grow away from the light. My last plant the cola got tall and did this

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812183 - 04/30/16 10:31 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

this is what all the nodes look like on all 3 plants ive been checking them all daily when i take the water measurments  and fill res with water I'm pretty good at spotting balls early on but never really noticed preflower I usually see the hight and growth spurts before the balls pop but indoor has taugh me to be flexible in my beliefs lol this is the first week in flower so the nutes are still the transition feed schedule so maybe too much Nitrogen but I'm following the directions but on Monday my new pump comes in so I'm gonna dump and feed with the regular flowering schedule I finally found a 100gal pump for a decent price and even with the 2 failed attempts to buy one all together it's still $20 cheaper than buying it here it's quadruple the price I paid online... yet I know as soon as I get everything set I'm gonna find stupid cheap deals on everything I've bought lady luck loves to pull that one on me

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#812196 - 05/01/16 12:05 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Ya I'm unsure

I do notice a slight curling in ur leaves in prior pics. Signs of a hair too much nutrients

The plants are small

My experience is w plants that showed sex before flowering

So maybe the fact that they didn't show sex before flower cause they were still too young is affecting when they show sex now

The length of some of the branches in very long. Right about when the branches start to get an inch or longer is when mine show in veg shortly after branching picks up

I say don't worry and be patient in this case. If they aren't showing, then u shouldn't have any balls to worry about yet either ya know

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#812202 - 05/01/16 03:02 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I see something maybe in the first pic. Might be a male not sure thow! keep an eye on them.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #812205 - 05/01/16 04:50 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

thanks guys I'm just gonna be patient and wait just sexing early would be amazing for me since I have all these regular seeds to get through and more on the way but a plant limit to hold to...speaking of seeds I'm kinda underwhelmed by rock wool cubes at the moment those seeds i started like a week ago most of them haven't even popped yethe out of the 6 seeds only one DOG seed sprouted the rest have cracked shells and little stems poking out but that's it I was gonna blame the seed cause half of them were from another random seed buy I know the green crack was fast buds but the other two afghani were freebies I forget from where but in the other plugs those dog and WW popped up in a couple days I moved most of them back to the old plugs today and hope they do better there :waitingpatiently:

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812396 - 05/03/16 04:34 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 50

OK got the new pump and it works great decided to go back to buckets that tub was a pain in the ass in every way buckets make more sense for the space I have
changed the feeding to flower schedule so hopefully we will see sex soon I'm suspicious of my Dreamin OG (the single plant pic) it is starting to show male growth tendencies I guess it is a little more difficult to tell when you grow different strains at the same time but no balls yet so here's to hoping I still have a couple widows that can take their place is they are male so not too worried
threw together a little Veg tent for my cuttings and one seedling that popped eventually it will just be for my mother plants but for now it can veg whatever seeds pop also started 1x Sitting Bull and 1x Doc Holiday hopefully those will sprout better all the other seeds are finally cracked but still they haven't sprouted up yet everything seems golden on my end water ph 6.5 fresh water every other day minimal sunlight through a window during the day it's warm here day and night so not sure what's up but I'll just keep it optimal and be patient they are just gonna sit in veg until the widows are done anyway I'm just excited about all the strains

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812535 - 05/05/16 01:50 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 51...

Alright so as you can see mad trimming hopefully the last sculpting trim for a while I'm not sure if there is a difference in sculpting indoor and outdoor aside from space restrictions but I generally like my plants like a bouquet of flowers with only the strongest branches making it to harvest this entire grow my timing is all out of wack so I doubt this will be the last major trim...
in other news one of my plants is starting to show sex what sex is hard to tell it's just a nub so far but it looks like too much Nitrogen could have been the issue good to know for next run I also added Epsom salt to my feeding I would usually start feeding it to my plants when they show sex outside and that shouldn't be different inside right?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812747 - 05/07/16 01:31 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 53...

got some better pics of the sex of the Agent Orange but I can't tell anything this early the Dreamin OG isn't showing anything yet but is stretching like crazy that it looks like a male growth pattern but still too early to tell oddly the largest white widow isn't showing anything the base area where the sex shows is smooth and swelling the little widows got some sex nubs starting to form... other than that started more seeds after my green crack and afghani sprouted and died for no reason but I got 1x DOG 1x Sitting Bull and 1x Doc Holiday sprouted so far...
I found a OG kush auto fem seed from the same random seed company that I got the green crack from hopefully this one won't die...
The rest of my plants are recovering well from the trim so I'm stoked

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#812760 - 05/07/16 09:44 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hard to say w those pics...

I would go out on a limb and say it might be a male :/

Just wait a week. By then it should show hairs...

If it doesn't show hairs soon u will know

If it stays wider at the base and never gets a nice point to it and never gets pistals...

U will know soon no doubt

Ime, males look thay way for awhile early in veg. They take awhile to gain the balls obviously in veg

But females in veg ime always pop pistals shortly after showing their sex. Usually a few days days showing

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (05/07/16 09:44 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812823 - 05/07/16 06:00 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the info Yea that is what I was thinking too I'm pretty sure the Agent Orange is male but I will wait to see the balls form before I toss it I have the smaller white widows to replace it which would work out good space wise the Aero bucket they are in seems to work well with the rough design but they could use some space on top...

I generally never let any of my plants come to a single point I like branchy short plants just a habit from selling clones of various ethno plants

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#812879 - 05/08/16 04:48 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

So yup Agent Orange popped balls I was pretty bummed and forgot to take pics before I yanked him had to get that fox outa the hen house... oh well more room for all the ladies

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#813352 - 05/14/16 05:30 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Day 60...

Alright  so the widow has a bunch of preflowers popping up the Dreamin OG as a couple Lil ones poppin but it is 2 weeks behind the widow start so that one should be showing hard soon other than that nothing really new so I've been focusing on the next couple of runs I kinda leveled out the nutes of the other widows in the tent to slow down their growth so after I harvest the first widow those three will be right behind the Dreamin OG  well that's the plan anyway...
got cuttings rooting in the Aero chamber I built and my mother's tent vegging some new seedlings but that's all for the next journal...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#813758 - 05/19/16 05:04 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Day 65...

Ladies are flowering and all is well I see a bit of overfeeding leaf damage but I'm gonna be lowering the nutes starting next week so not too worried I really wish I didn't pack my tent full now I got those two widows struggling against the wallsame next run I'm only gonna do 3 plants max anyone have an idea how long these ladies will flower for under my conditions? I'm blindly guessing 30days to go

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#813783 - 05/19/16 11:21 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Double that thirty days would be closer in ny estimate brotha, looking nice,

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: ashfiken]
    #813790 - 05/20/16 01:45 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

thanks man still a lot faster than outdoor so I can't complain I'm really afraid of them getting way too close to my light it's at the highest point it can get to its connected directly to the center pole now will the stop before they are too close like when they were smaller or am I gonna have to creatively tie them down? first time using lights and it has been alot to get used to

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Loc: Shitstainistan
    #813793 - 05/20/16 06:36 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Use bread ties or whatever u have to tie them down. They will grow sideways in an s pattern if u tie em down a little whenever they start to grow upwards again. Some people use this as a stealth tactic outside, keeping the plant growing close to the ground.

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Bobabouy]
    #813811 - 05/20/16 09:59 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It is a whole different world indoors than out that is quite the truth baron. I'd say, depending on how much these gals stretch in the coming 2 weeks or so will tell ya if they will be too close to your light. If its looking like they will come within a foot tie them down as necessary.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: ashfiken]
    #813814 - 05/20/16 11:44 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Great to know I need to start tying that Dreamin OG now then cause her top leaves are about a foot away already but she's hasn't started to build buds yet she's still in transition from preflower

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #813825 - 05/20/16 06:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

i hope you fuck up your grow you pompous shitbag

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: cannabispatient]
    #813828 - 05/20/16 08:21 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:dumbass:

--------------------
Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (05/20/16 08:28 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#813855 - 05/21/16 02:48 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

HaHaHaHaHa!!! :laugh2:
:mallow:
looking to throw another tantrum and call me names to try and hurt my feeling this is the thinking of a child for this you will have nothing but problems and no one to listen to you whine about them :cryariver: your spirit and mentality are the real sickness your terminal body is just trying to fit in...

just so you know I smile everytime I read the stupid things you post it really makes me giggle!
:chesire:

Thanks resin for chiming in very fitting and my plants are doing great and smelling wonderful I'll do a real update in a few days after I tie down those ladies...
BONDAGE SESSION TONIGHT!!!

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #813856 - 05/21/16 06:15 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

you're faggot, plain and simple. You start problems with me on this forum, then start problems with me on a different forum. Get a fucking life

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Loc: Shitstainistan
    #813857 - 05/21/16 08:04 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:
you're faggot, plain and simple. You start problems with me on this forum, then start problems with me on a different forum. Get a fucking life

:eek:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#813858 - 05/21/16 08:33 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I didnt start this you did when you decided to throw a tantrum at me because you wanted to complain about daddy not letting you grow pot in HIS house in the wrong forum I just told you where to post it and sided with your father he is fucking right its his house so its his rules only a child would argue that shit your lucky he lets you live with him at all he must be a saint to deal with your bullshit...

How am I the one who needs to grow up? I dont throw temper tantrums, my arguments make sense, I made no false accusations, and I grow pot legally in my own home...  you have done exactly the opposite I am doing a public service by letting the good people of these forums see what kind of stain you are on humanity and you just keep proving me right...

your insults are pretty old and bland maybe you should try harder next time i know your mental faculties are limited maybe ask your daddy for some help?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#813887 - 05/21/16 11:01 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Day 67...

And I feel like a monster... I bonsaied the hell out of that Dreamin OG unfortunately that lady stretched way too fast and her main branches were super brittle at the top so I chopped down to the next best joint with nice growth and tied down the more payable new shoots it will be great for the plant but I still feel guilty I don't like the genes this plant pulled so I dumped most of the clones I kept one just in case but I have a few more seedlings vegging so I'm not too worried just hope the next lady is better... I am really happy with my main widow she looks and smells amazing the first clone is gonna be my widow mother it's pretty crazy how different that widow came out from the other widows super strong from roots to tip very impressed!

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #813892 - 05/22/16 05:33 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

good luck, my first indoor grow I switched the lighting too late and the plant ended up growing around it. the buds were sub-par. The next grow which is in my journal was cuttings from the same plants and did great.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#813919 - 05/22/16 10:32 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Lol I've never had to tame my plants I always wanted them as big and full as I could get em! now I got a plant limit so I thought indoor would make it easier for me not to go ape shit and try and reforest my home! I'm glad I did this its a world of difference with so much to learn and tinker with I've been having a blast I've made way too much grow gear so I'm gonna have to clean house after this grow and donate the smaller builds to our little med mj community here.

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814138 - 05/30/16 03:51 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Day 75...

So everything's doin pretty good the buds are forming nicely and the Dreamin OG is recovering pretty well I've been reading up on a second flowering phase you can do after harvest so I'm planning on giving that a whirl just with the widows I'm gonna throw all 4 of them in one dwc bucket and veg while the Dreamin OG flowers it's gonna be way behind this run and I have a bunch of seedlings that have been vegging in the Lil tent I'll just swap buckets for a couple weeks then switch back after

I'm switching over my nutes from gh to mineral salts to make my own nutes mix it's been a lot of studying then found a simple basic recipe and will tweak as I go along but pretty excited to see how it goes

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#814256 - 06/01/16 12:51 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I read about that second flowering thing but always avoided it for fear of the second round being so stressed it'd hermie and pollinate all over. Maybe not, but I'm not a gambler. I always went with fox farm nutes, so never had the chance for much experimenting there but should be interesting results and valuable knowledge nonetheless. :cheers:

How far is the light from the tops now? IME if you have to keep it too far from most buds to cater to one long freaky one it's best to tie those down or just chop it (if it's only one and still early) to boost quality and yield across the board.

--------------------
Man Eater

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814288 - 06/01/16 10:28 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Day 77...

Soooo yea this happened over night...
I guess I was misreading slight N deficiency when I was actually cultivating root rot gladly it only affected one of my WW but it was the main one so I isolated the affected and fixed the problem or what I could it got stupid hot in the tent last week and I must have forgotten to change the water on those two...
the branches were cracker dry so I'm just gonna bubble bags em and see what I get not expecting much but a little is better than nothing but this fixes my too many plants in the tent problem perfectly I'll try the second flush thing on the affected ones if they recover I'm also gonna put a bunch of the seedlings in to the tent to sex them I'm debating on just putting the whole Aero cloner in the tent until they show sex...

Thanks resin for the input I figure it's the best time to try shit out I'm building my grow style and gotta find out what's worth the time and what's not...
the tops are about a foot or so way but at an angle in those pics but I just moved everything around and added my led to the taller one I'm hoping the blue light will help slow the stretching but if they get too close I'll put it on its side a bit now that I have the room and the way that Aerobucket is set up tilting from the base will be easy actually thinking about it I should do that anyway for better light penetration

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (06/01/16 10:39 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814744 - 06/10/16 11:36 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Day 85... I think...

So I'm losing another one to root rot so I'm just misting the roots in my Aero bucket just trying to flush it as much as possible before it dies one of the branches broke a few days ago and it's curing now I cut back on nutes a while before it broke so it should be OK we will see...
but it seems like the more plants die my surviving WW gets stronger the root system in that one looks all roided out thick and healthy I'm convinced it's the heat so I wrapped the buckets in mylar and lined the inside with black garbage bags this seems to work great the water is still cool after a full light cycle in my remaining dwc bucket so I will end up doing this for all my buckets cause this heat is killer

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814779 - 06/11/16 09:06 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

A2z ozone, aqua 6

Ozone generator for the water. With an air stone.

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #814786 - 06/11/16 11:18 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Do the best you can to keep the root zone under 85F degrees.
The mid 80s are a breeding ground for root rot.
Hygrozyme can be helpful in removing root rot and aiding the plant's recovery.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Stoneth]
    #814794 - 06/12/16 01:38 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Nevar that looks like a great buy for hydro especially in these hot ass months!
Thanks Stoneth im trying but it's rough ambient temperature is 87 to 93 and the tent is about 6 to 8 degrees higher but after I wrapped my buckets they seem to be doing world's better
As it gets hotter I guess I will have to do ice buckets while the lights are on guarantee and maybe with the lights off too

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #814795 - 06/12/16 05:14 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

can you use a window unit A/C and duct it to the tent? I've been meaning to do this for my flowering room but I need to bring more electricity to the room to handle the A/C.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814816 - 06/12/16 12:12 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

The ozonated water works for pest and molds also

Quite well

I wiped out thrips in days

Works better on unicellular organism, but works amazing on BOTH or all three

All organic, no residue, can be applied later into flower. Kills unicellular organisms in ten seconds

Burns up bugs lungs. Plants will look perkier than u have ever seen after application

Makes the blue berry NOT claw for anyone who can't get rid of the claw with the BB

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/12/16 12:16 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814841 - 06/12/16 05:26 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I wish Chem but my house is anything but weather sealed it's made for fans only sealing it would suck and I'd have to remove it all in a couple months to get the air moving again it's too exspensive to run a wall unit year round everything is more exspensive here...but the mylar wrap is working it got the water temp down to 79f from 84f

and Nevar I just ordered it and I'm stoked my treatment is working well misting the roots in my Aero bucket with h202 water but this will do a much better job I have never seen one so cheap that works all in all I paid $80 for it to get here by Thursday and 2 yr extended warranty stoked I always wanted an atmosphere generator now I have an excuse to get one thanks bud I would have never thought of it

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814850 - 06/12/16 11:46 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I never would have thought of it either, spread the word my friend.

All the grow shops need those in stock.

They'll in time, single handedly overpower the entire pesticide market basically in my eyes.

Consider that plant good, soon as that thing arrives would be my bets

I just got one few weeks ago. Wait till u see how perky the leaves get after spraying w ozonated water it's awesome

I promise u will not regret that buy, u will LOVE IT

Commercial grape growing industry has bits of info. It's quite new as u will gather I'm sure

I sprayed twice a day, for 4-5 days. Then I started finding dead thrips

U can spray up to three times a day

The ozone will rip up plastics, so micro particles of plastic will get into the water if u ozonate in a plastic jug. So ozonate in a glass jug.

Then I pour the ozonated water into a plastic sprayer and use immediately...

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/13/16 12:29 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814852 - 06/13/16 02:58 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Whoa eat up plastic? does oznated water not store in plastic well? thanks for the heads up I was gonna run them directly in the res to clean through the bubbler that's already in there

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814859 - 06/13/16 08:59 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Ozonated water doesn't store

The ozone will degrade in twenty minutes

The beauty of it tho is that is kills in ten minutes. Trust me. U will treat thay root rot however u choose to... it will look wayyy better after one treatment.

I sprayed it on a dream plant with a black leaf in a humidty dome. (Black=bacteria) the black was gone and the leave re gained it's dry dead appearance it had before being put into the humidty dome...

U will figure out the perfect application once u wrap ur mind around ozone

It won't ruin ur res or anything crazy, like eat away the plastic.. that won't happen.

U just don't wanna ozonated water inside a plastic container and then drink the water. There will be trace amount of plastic that were liberated during ozonation

Putting it in ur res, prob won't hurt. The plants prob won't feed on the micro particles of plastic the will be undetectable they r so small

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/13/16 09:20 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814860 - 06/13/16 09:01 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

One soak in ozonated water and any bacteria on ur roots will be deveststed

The ozone generator should be ran in a well ventilated room. U don't wanna breath ozone

It's for responsible individuals only who understand how to use it

Ozone is a sterilizer. It's no joke

I ozonate water in a glass jug. Then pour into a plastic pump sprayer. Then spray on my plants. Thays what I use it for

Many applications tho. It's gonna kill that root rot in a day or two I bet

U could just spray or fog ozonated water into your roots maybe. Only thing is, a soak would work better cause it'll make contact w every part of the root mass

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/13/16 09:21 AM)

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #814875 - 06/13/16 02:57 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
I wish Chem but my house is anything but weather sealed it's made for fans only sealing it would suck and I'd have to remove it all in a couple months to get the air moving again it's too exspensive to run a wall unit year round everything is more exspensive here...but the mylar wrap is working it got the water temp down to 79f from 84f

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
and I grow pot legally in my own home...

just of of curiosity, why do you grow in a tent if it's legal? are you worried someone will break in and steal it or is there another reason. It seems to me if it was legal to grow indoors I wouldn't try too hard to hide it jus make sure its locked up. The tent just traps in heat.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814895 - 06/13/16 06:45 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

The tent also makes sure ur lumens aren't escaping

In my 4×4 tent I have a 1000w inside it. Which makes for 62.5w per sq ft. Which is NOT over kill

Heat isn't an issue as long as u don't see heat stress in the leaves and you make sure to water when the lights come on. Never, I mean never let ur plants get dried out when they're in a hot dry intensely lit situation ur asking for herms. I'm NOT a fan of drought stress or letting ur pots dry overly so
A tent is not for hiding anythung imo

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/13/16 10:31 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814898 - 06/13/16 08:55 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

there are tons of reasons I chose to grow inside first is while it is legal I am limited by the amount of plants I can have and my self control when it comes to my hobbies is bad so growing in a smaller area keeps me closers to the mark second I don't have much of a yard and pot plants outside is just asking for trouble since everyone can see them I doubt I would get called out on the first one but if I had plants outside they would be up my ass all the time and I still grow double my limit before they are sexed... a few other reasons that it is faster and I enjoy learning new growing styles and tinkering with new ideas not much of that for outside growing...

and yes my tent hides nothing it's right there when you open the front door but my neighbors don't know unless they come inside

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814905 - 06/14/16 12:05 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I just read all your posts here Nevar I was in the woods earlier so I could only skim I have been reading up on what I could find and I'm more excited than before I get it now lol its stronger than chlorine with out any chems and leaves zero trace I dig it I was gonna use it like a water purifier but there is soooo much you can do with it my wheels are spinning with plausible uses! if the pan out I'll do a write up on them

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814915 - 06/14/16 09:24 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Hey for purifying water, u wanna only use filtered water to purify

Do not use tap water to purify for drinking water, use pre filtered water. Or, purify through ozonation then filter afterwards

Ur gonna love it, trust me

I'll look forward to the write up

Its very new stuff ozonated water loke u will be using.

Many Growers think they know about but they do not.

This is way diff than an ozone generator for the AIR, also way diff than a UV light for ozonation

According to my research an organic vapor gas mask will be sufficient. I wear one when spraying. Then air the room out for twenty min at least

Lazy growers won't like ozone, u need to apply every day at least once per day to eradicate bugs. Everyday for several days until the bugs are gone.

I think having to re apply often is well worth having ZERO residues and an all organic pesticide that u will never taste and never have to worry about tasting it cause u applied it late in flower

I can't wait to see what it does to ur root rot. Should I say how fast it cures it

I think yrs from now all the grow shops will have ozone machines like these. And all the growers will use them

They would single handedly wipe out the pesticide competition almost

Edited by Nevar44 (06/14/16 08:51 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#814967 - 06/15/16 02:19 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

agreed I check on my plants daily when my lights come on so it's not a big stretch I'm not gonna be able to spray my plants cause of all the different fungi and kombucha I got in the tent so it's res treatments only...

The root rot seems to be losing now I got lots of new root growth going I'm still gonna treat it and all my water since it's only gonna get hotter and if it's sanitized then sealed the ozone will dissipate and leave clean water behind which is just a good idea anyway...

I don't understand why you would filter the water before or after though I haven't seen anything about that is there a chemical interaction with fluoride or chlorine? cause we don't have any of that here...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#814969 - 06/15/16 02:39 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

If u use tap water, the ozone oxigenates the impurities in the water. They then sink.

They don't leave the situation. U need to filter them out.

I read that they can pull minerals out of the body

I would put all the Bucha and stuff outside of the tent then spray or simply cover the bucha up when u spray. Something like that

Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I'd kill the bucha and the root rot both  before i saved the bucha and risked not killing the root rot

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815063 - 06/15/16 11:27 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Oh buddy I just got it and I've been running this baby all day I added ozone water to my two main reservoirs just before my lights cut off and I'll check how the first treatment went when they pop on tonight I'm excited also started a bunch of experiments one of which is the effect on fungus gnats I have a hbwr vine and a Psychotria Alba under a window that has been dealing with gnats so we will see how that goes I watered the plants and sprayed them too very excited!!!

the only thing that amazed me was the size it is alot bigger than it seems online it is still much much smaller than a home or business unit that is one of the reasons I was skeptical about a travel size ozone generator it looks Ike you can put it in your pocket online but in reality it's like a foot long but I feel much safer with that size I will post pics later tonight I got some before pics of the roots but it's through a hole

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815064 - 06/16/16 12:24 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:omgawesome:

Make sure that once u run the machine, u give it at least 15 min to sit and rest before running the machine again.. I'm sure u read the Manuel just making sure. It's easy to space stuff when it's new and exciting

U can damage plants via ozone

I've been going with 20min per gallon as my pesticide treatment

I wish I took before and after pics the first day a sprayed and the next morning... I was like whoaaa... man... Ozone aye

The smaller the bug, the faster ozone kills it. Adult thrips are much harder to kill than the ones u can't see doing the damage..

But reapply and it should kill em. It's prob better at killing the eggs and maggots of fungus knats I'd guess

Hope it does wonders for ya :smile:

Tell everyone who is receptive

I had no expectations as far as size. The guy who told me about the use of ozonated water I trust so I just knew Thats what I needed lol

Its hard to imagine that it works. But, it does. Commercial grape growers use it. "It's a no brainer" I saw a reversal in days with my thrips problem

I would have probably only added the ozonated wayer to one res to start to see what happens. Never know if it'll interact with the nutes is my thinking. I'd have Google it first lol hopefully they'll look better than before :smile:

I suppose if u can water soil plants with it then u should be fine.. I'm just a worry wart like that

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/16/16 12:41 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815066 - 06/16/16 02:18 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

yea I read the manual it dosent really say much but I've done lots of other reading as well so I feel pretty confident using it only a couple more hours to check on them...
as for the fungus gnats I figured that would be the perfect treatment since the breeding is done just under the soil the adults are killed by the fly paper but I haven't seen any fliers today usually there's a couple at least the plants are in choir in smart pots so you can see the fungus stains on the outside of the fabric
I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple days... I don't think mineral salts will interact with ozone in water but always room for caution

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815137 - 06/16/16 06:40 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Hopefully it wasn't complete devastation on the garden looking forward to pics :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815148 - 06/16/16 08:55 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

First pic is before next pic is after...

No not seeing anything different yet I took pics but they look the same at 12hrs I'll check again at 36hrs and probably re treat I think I might have already killed the root rot before I treated it when I read treat I'm gonna treat the res and spray my main WW looks strong and healthy to start with though she's not as frosty as I expected her to be by now but the other one is just starting new growth so that's the one I'm focused on

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (06/16/16 09:03 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815172 - 06/17/16 03:11 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Day 91ish...
So wow is all that comes to mind the pic dosent do it much justice but there is a huge network of new growth under the water can't take off the lid to get a good pic without killing the new growth but the once root rot riddled white widow is coming back with a vengeance I'm in love with this ozone generator! it does so much I haven't checked on them since the spray and res fill last night (10 hrs ago) I'm just hoping it didn't kill my mushies they are just pinning I sprayed then aired out for an hour then put all the fungi and Bucha back in the tent but we will see

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815182 - 06/17/16 03:46 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Rock on

I've been wondering what it'd do if I sprayed my guys lol haven't been that curious yet :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
    #815585 - 06/22/16 11:57 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

glad ive never had a bad enough bug problem to stop being a lazy grower xD.

although one winter my roomate brought a rose bush inside against my pleading and refused to let me treat it for spider mites and shit. and im sure my babies didnt appreciate all the dish soap misting.

Battled spider mites all winter that year. smoked a lot of lady bug shit.....

i will fight someone who tries to bring a rose bush anywhere near the inside of my house in winter xD

Cant wait for the real porn to start :popcorn:, and mistakes along the way only make you a better grower!

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Milktruck]
    #815586 - 06/23/16 12:48 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

thanks bud I'm pretty neurotic about checking on them but try not to interfere with there own growth for this grow next one I'm gonna do SCROG so more training but I feel it will be a good experience I'm gonna wait till the SCROG is actually going before I make a new log I just hope people can learn from my mistakes I don't mind making them I always grow too many plants I can lose a few on the way or give them away to other patients :grin:
I have 3 candidates right now either doc holiday, Fire OG, or Quad OG the doc is looking best so far she's growing pretty fast and already been sexed...

I'm kinda lost on when to pull that plant that got sick there's not as much trichs as I expected and the trichs are inconsistent in cloudiness some are cloudy some are half some are crystal clear the full spectrum and close together...I know that it's been a rough trip for that plant but damn I thing I may have to wait till I spot some Amber but I never wait that long I like a little pep in my buds not nigh nigh time lol

I'll post pics when the lights come on

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815594 - 06/23/16 05:50 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Day 96

OK so like I said I'm not sure how long to wait to pull the WW that had root rot I tried my best to get some loupe shots of the trichs they look like they are maturing really unevenly these were from the same bud mm away any input on how long I should wait to pull it's pretty much flushed out since it was recovering from the rot...

also the biggest bud on my main WW refuses to stack I checked for light leaks and it is pitch black in that tent that one i stopped feeding that one this week any ideas?

in other news I got my first blue oyster pins ever! I can't believe I got them to fruit I forgot to upload that pic but I am super stoked! I just used my cube sub mix cause I've been having issues with straw logs...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815598 - 06/23/16 08:02 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I have read about white widow phenos that go for 11-13 weeks in flower

Maybe if u have two diff widow plants, one is a pheno that's gonna go longer

I'd wait until I saw ONE amber trich then I'd flush and pull i think

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/23/16 08:03 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815618 - 06/23/16 01:20 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^This can happen, my Afghani queen seeds pop plants that take anywhere from 6 1/2 weeks to my lankies, which can sometimes take ten or more....usually the longer phenotypes end up being worth the wait :wink:

Edited by Milktruck (06/23/16 01:20 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815625 - 06/23/16 07:50 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

thanks guys sounds like a good plan to me I don't know if I should resume feeding or not this flushing idea is very new to me... they are definitely different phenos even before it was sick it grew alot differently than my main down to its root growth though my main dosent look like a proper white widow at all...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815626 - 06/23/16 08:48 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I still think it could be...these two plants came from the same cross. Both plants have the exacts same mom and dad...special queen x afghani...they dont even remotely look like the same strain, but seeds were identical and came out of the same bud on the same plant...single father pollen

Edited by Milktruck (06/23/16 08:49 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815629 - 06/23/16 09:09 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Am I using phenotype wrong? I'm not good with the techno jargon I mean they are both WW but have pulled completely different traits equates to separate phenotypes like the sick one would look like a classic WW if it didn't get sick and my main looks nothing like that but still the same strain

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815639 - 06/23/16 11:52 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I thino milk truck just maybe read ur post wrong

Were all three in agreement that u have two diff phenos it seems

If u have them in the same bucket or same reservoir then... well... they need to be separated to be grown right

The one that hasn't frosted up yet, need to be fed longer

Now, what's best to do if u started flushing already and wanna continue feeding u decided... I'm clueless

I'd guess continuing feeding would be ok buts it's a guess

How long have u been flushing??

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815640 - 06/24/16 12:03 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

i dont think i misunderstood, was just saying that there can be a LOT of variance among phenotypes of the same strain, to the point that they might as well not even be considered the same strain...both of those are afghani queens, but when done they wont even be remotely alike in term of the final smoke. Lanky's usually a potent, heady sativa leaning hybrid, fatass is a knock you on your ass kushy indica,both have the exact same two parents, were even from the same pollenated bud on the mother plant. hence why i like the term "fatass" and "lanky", they are the two dominant genotypes of the cross with the fatass being dominant, there exist 4 or 5 fatass phenotypes, and 2 or 3 lankies in these beans. i keep them separated based on what part of the plant the seed came from just so i can be amused at the genetic quirkiness to this particular cross. Two separate genotypes from one cross isnt super common, especially with stableized homogenous parents.

i second the feed it longer if it hasnt frosted up as you expected, my fatass didnt frost nearly as well as it usually does this time because i fucked up the nutrient ratios when i mixed her soil in comparison to the lanky.

Few days ago i gave her a good dose of my roots organcics bloom and im already seeing increased resin production and calyx swelling. maybe my seeds will pull through yet :smile:

at any rate, that's a plant i would turn into edibles or hash lol. I mean no offense, ive had WAY worse looking plants and still finished and smoked em xD.

not sure what to say about nutrient levels, i can never guage a plants color or texture with pics under HPS lighting lol

Edited by Milktruck (06/24/16 12:07 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815642 - 06/24/16 03:52 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome ok as for the flush the main has not been fed in 2 weeks come Sunday and the sick one has only had 1/4 of its nutes for like 2 weeks then just water for the last 2 weeks so I'm just gonna start feeding them both again I just don't know when to flush but it seems like a common issue you will just learn when it's right... thanks for all the input I don't really smoke anything I eat and vape oil for the most part but I think there will be some nice nugs that come off these plants pics don't do her justice but I do agree the lighting is horrid and make everything just look orange I'm sure the leds don't help either...
oh while I have your guys attention is my main plants "fox tailing"? I hear that phrase quite often and why are people ashamed of it?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#815661 - 06/24/16 08:27 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I would possibly start feeding the pheno thag hasn't frosted up yet more

If u have been flushing the other one two weeks I'd maybe just pull it... not sure really tho..

In a hydro system u shouldn't need to flush two weeks I don't imagine. I flush one week no longer. After a week of no food the plants start to become deficient which will affect taste in neg way I'm told and I believe that

I think foxtail ing is a desires trait. People say their foxtailing and r happy about that. Cause that means, u are getting more bud weight from the new fox tails

My BD grow had some nice foxtails. When u see ur plant fox tailing it's prob best to pull her once she stops fattening up in thr foxtails. U will b able to tell

Sry milktruck, I guess U didn't read anything wrong my bad. I was just trying to clarify whatever confusion was there lol

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (06/24/16 08:30 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815696 - 06/24/16 02:28 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I actually hate foxtailing, that extra two hours of trimming and manacurig ain't worth the extre eighth or so running plantsthe size I do lol. It also tends to dry out to a crisp once cured up a lot easier which I don't like lol.

And as for flushing, when I was running GH in DWC I only flushed about five days...product had a clean burn and white ash, if your not running a soil everything takes like half the time lol.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815707 - 06/24/16 03:37 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

[Golden Mammoth, (blue?) oyster, next two are the sick WW, Last 2 are the main WW]

I don't think that cult was actually blue oysters I forget who I got them from but I guess we will see what kind of oysters I'm actually growing lol

great thanks for the insight guys I'm still unsure if my main is fox tailing or not though...
I never had these issues outside after reading a few people's experiences with outside growing I'm feeling very lucky I was taught the way I was and pretty much just handed my method that was perfected by many before me for my specific area I've battled bugs and pests maybe a few dry spells but no where near the envolvement of growing these days... I just had to mix my composts right apply when needed train then harvest it took forever and it was never a huge crop 3 plants at most but they got huge! but potency was awesome for the time but got nothing on these new well bred strains... and I'm babbling

I started feeding both I'm gonna give the sick one a week and play it by ear

Edited by Baron_Samedi (06/24/16 04:16 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815834 - 06/26/16 07:09 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Lol, my strains are far from well bred, everything ive ran for the past year has been a product of spilling my entire ziplock of afghani pollen onto a single special queen three weeks into flower. Was probably the biggest "oh god what have I done?!" Moment ive ever had while growing.

But shit, im getting some DAMN good clone only phenotypes no one else has ever seen or smoked before, at this point im almost glad I fucked up that special queen xD. Some of the phenos have been danker than either of the parents could have ever been. (Thank you f1 hybrid vigor :wink: ) me and a couple buddies are the only living people to have ever sampled these phenotypes, from what I can find im the only one to ever cross these two genepools, the genotypes have been separate since at LEAST 1970 probably a LOT longer Considering one parent came from a columbian skunk hybrid thats been stable and homogenous for years, and the other was a pure afghani landrace. Afghani and skunk has always been a very popular cross, I just used two fairly uncommon genepools. My lanky queen pheno specifically kept the potency, yeild and overall asthetic of the special queen (skunk genotype) but the afghani characteristics densed up the nugs a bit and cut almost two weeks off the flower period :cool: shes a SOLID 7-8 weeks tops. Special queen was 9 most of the time and the afghani was 6 1/2 to 7...USUALLY the fatass phenos sit pretty around 7 weeks flat.

And as far as im concerned, if your looking at plants producing flowers and trichomes, it could have been WAAAAAAY worse, you gotta a couple plants there that will make some excellent hash or edibles even if not a shit-ton lol.  I myself drifted away from hydro and soiless mediums because I already have one job xD, dont want another, super soils= pretty much zero effort...just add water and watch grass grow :wink: my yeilds went from vegging four weeks with one or two plants, and 4 1/2-5 ounce yeilds to veggin six small ones for three weeks and 4-5 ounce yeilds. I cit a week off time, minimized all effort and time spent working on them, and yeild barely sufferd at all. Top nugs were smaller, but quality was just as good and sin e they were a bit smaller, I just had way MORE top nugs.

Edited by Milktruck (06/26/16 07:37 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815881 - 06/27/16 07:28 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

damn nice happy accident! but I meant well bred as compared to 20 years ago especially here I quit growing 16yrs ago and just got back in to it now hydro was all the rage here and have wanted to try it for just as long...
I have learned a lot from this grow so future ones will only get better I really like being able to tweak and change things in general but it is more a necessity when learning about nutes and root growth you have that safety net of being able to flush any mistakes you make quickly and easily lessening the damage to the plant but I get it with the super soils and I'm gonna give the a whirl I work for myself and spend lots of time at home so it's no big deal to check on the plants...
Sadly I had to keep my seedlings and clone in my main tent since I'm waiting on my bulbs to show up for my veg tent and they are starting to flower dispite the heavy N they will be here by the end if the week  so no big deal to veg for a couple weeks then back to flower

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815889 - 06/27/16 09:17 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

for future refrence all you need is about 10 watts of light on vegging plants at night to keep them from flowering, when i didnt used to have a veg box during flowering nights i would pull out seedlings and set them by a nightlight, they did great and held off from flowering. as long as you have light on em brighter than a full moon they will think its day time

trying to use extra n2 to prevent flower can cause massive stress hermie problems once you make the switch permanent, you have fair warning xD, and revegging tends to slightly damage yeild and end bud size ive noticed over the years, but for some strange reason can actually increase resin production and potency....so hmmmm :lol:

obviously they need direct intense light during the 12 hours on or they will stretch like Dr. Fantastic

Edited by Milktruck (06/27/16 09:21 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815895 - 06/27/16 09:52 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

good reference! there's not enough fantastic four in daily conversation!
But I didn't add any extra N it's heavy in the feeding charts I have learned my lesson from super thrive and full veg nutes
the way my veg box is set up incandescents put off way too much heat it is already way too hot to use that's all I got ATM but interesting using a nite lite to keep from flowering my tent is on from midnight to noon so I could just take them out during the day to sit by a window that's 5ish hours without light I'm sure I've made a rig for that already so awesome!
thanks man!

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815896 - 06/27/16 10:45 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

if its brighter than a clear full moon night during their lower light period and they are getting at least 12 hours a day intense light they should stay in veg no problem so long as light exposure above full moon strength of any kind is present at leas 16 hours a day, as some strains like my fatass will flower even under 14/10.. wont stretch too bad that way either, but will be *slightly* lankier than say 18/6 or 20/4 of direct intense light, which id personally recommend over 24 hours anyway, plants go into flower quicker and stretch less at the 12/12 switch with less overall stress and hermie risk consistently that way. not to mention the amount of electricity you save over a year of growing that way lol. on 18/6 every 4 days youve made up an entire 24 hours worth of free light by contrast to 24 hours, over 4 weeks veg youve gained a free WEEK of lighting. over a years worth of veg you have saved 3 months worth of constant 24 hours lighting :wink:

what would running your veg setup on 24 hours for three months cost you? because thats what you save in a year of vegging plants 18/6 over 24 hours. and have happier less stressed plants in flower along with it

Edited by Milktruck (06/27/16 10:53 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815991 - 06/28/16 08:49 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

20/4 is what I vegged this run and they only really stretched when they went in to flower I vegged under MH for 30 days and had a lot of issues getting the light distance right I think I was just too worried about it its the first time I had to deal with acting like the sun lol its a tough roll...

for my next grow I vegged for 24hrs for 2 weeks under an 12w led flood but I also had my WW clone in there and about a week in the flowering tent the all started to show sex good side I got to sex them bad thing they are alot smaller than my white widow were when they went in to flower but I'm more concerned about my clone than the seedlings we will see how that goes in my next log

I wanted to use my veg box for some critical+ and silver haze seeds that just cracked hence the new light order I wanted to do the a long veg 30 days 18/6 under incandescents but too hot even with fan rig so I'll try with cfl if those are still too hot I got some leds to do the job and I'll do cfls when the weather cools if this setup works out I'll post it but still working out the bugs I'm just going through any wild idea following basic guidelines to explore more options for the love of the hobby and it's the best way I learn I've already done the growth by numbers outside with great success but now that I can grow without legal worries it's time to put my tinker skills to the test lol

I'd like to thank all of you for your great input this community may be small but amazing and dedicated to the love ofor growing minus the random dumbass of course!

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816001 - 06/28/16 10:10 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

counter intuitively the closer your veg timer is to your flower timer the less they will stretch once you make the 12/12 flip, they will add just as many new nodes either way, that's based in genetics, what changes is just how close the nodes are together once the stretch starts. meaning changes the way they cola up at the end of branches, vegging 18/6 before the flip to flower lets my plants cola up just a little better over the same clones 20/4 or 24 hours

plants under 24 or 20/4 before the flower flip WILL be less stretchy than under 18/6 (but only while in veg), but will stretch MORE after the 12/12 switch by contrast to its original state in veg, than the 18/6 will....can be a bit confusing/tricky lol

Edited by Milktruck (06/28/16 10:12 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816096 - 06/29/16 11:44 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Day 102...

Harvested! the sick one is down a few little clusters of amber trichs and I chopped her perfect timing too the quad and doc holiday are taking off hopefully my main will finish soon and finally took some better pics of her but it's rough shooting blind this was the best one...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816098 - 06/30/16 12:12 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

nice, coulda been way worse, you could have had my fatass that stopped fattening a few days ago that cut down and am not even going to bother showing pics of, i dried it in the overn at 120 and made ISO that im smoking right now.

yea, was that bad, i fucked her mix just as bad as i Nailed the lankies mix :lol:

was 32 grams before the oven trimmed, was 7.5 after lolololol, got 0.6 in hash.

i needed to remix and get another fatass clone in to replace her anyway, this one should have been double that size with two weeks left.

Those trimmed nugs though, looks like some more than acceptable smoke, id be happy to pack a bowl of that. The beast in the last pic looks like she should help cover the loss though :wink: ny buds dont usually get much fatter than those tbh, trich count may be a little less than you hoped but ill bet you anything those nugs will still get you good and medicated.

Edited by Milktruck (06/30/16 12:16 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816102 - 06/30/16 12:58 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks yea not too bad for being thrown the root rot loop all I also ordered a macro lense for my phone to get better trich pics she frosted up quite a bit before I chopped her so pretty stoked to see what she vapes like I never waited for Amber before I'm a lightweight I hope it's not just instant coma for me I haven't cured herb in a long time and never on this small scale so I'm trying the newer 2 way humidity pack I used to dry in mesh bags and threw the bags in buckets to cure I'm gonna use a mesh bag to dry again but to cure I'm gonna use a mason jar honestly at this humidity I don't know if I'm gonna need the humidity pack I guess I'll see how it goes for the first couple days...

I'm very excited about the main WW and thanks milk for the dark pic idea I have never seen her in that light and I'm much happier with her progress it's amazing how horrid that light is for pics her trichs are getting cloudy as well so I'm gonna let her run her nutes out after this feeding on Friday that should give her like 2 weeks till she's flushed all the way but gradually my next grow log will be a lot more organized and Im putting pics together tonight

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#816103 - 06/30/16 01:32 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good in there, I only blew up one pic of the tent cause it takes forever to load em on this phone lmao

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816105 - 06/30/16 05:14 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

lol thanks buddy sounds like 2 cans on a string time to upgrade  my friend :chesire:

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (06/30/16 05:15 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816130 - 06/30/16 01:13 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

oh man, if you consider yourself a lightwiehft can wait to see you try frsh out the cure, home grown UN keifed nugs xD. send ya to the moon lololol, wish i could still consider myself a lightweight but have smoked most days for almost a decade now lol, when i cut i usually take a couple week T break during the dry and cure though just so i can get a feel for the overall quality and buzz of what i end up with.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816318 - 07/02/16 11:20 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Day 105?

So I moved a montage of the grow up to now to the OP gotta make some room lol and added a few new ones too so check em out

I do love fresh bud Milktruck and made a bunch of candies with the trim and popcorn this extract/hash/oil whatever you want to call it has been my best batch yet as for taste dab potency and solidness but really lacking in weight from previous extracts this isn't the real issue though the issue came when i was melting in to my candy it unexpectedly frothed up and filled the dish so my end candies are milky as hell i know not a big deal but it took so long to pour in that state i could only get half in the mold so just a heads up heat plus a big ball of wax equals potuccino i am currently testing the edible potency at the moment but from the lil dabs i did last night not too worried
and i have to mention for a plant that hardly smelled while growing the flavor is nice and bold...

as for my main she is still trucking away im gonna try and get good pics tonight i decided to skip the friday feeding because her trichs are goin milky more and more daily it may be time before the 2 weeks are up...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816323 - 07/02/16 11:54 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

would smoke those nugs for sure, wouldn't mind that candy either :blazed:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816442 - 07/04/16 07:56 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

End day 107...

So yup this happened this morning root rot strikes again and at the worst possible moment it's too hot for dwc lesson learned she was crisping on the branch when i got up i was gonna let her try to recover if it wasnt for that...I'm not happy at all with this one those nugs aren't gonna cuse nicely at all but the nugs are just for fellow patients so I may have to just bring blunts and show the old nugs lol
I'll post the rest of the pics in the op after cure and what not but this is the end of this grow log I've learned a lot and hopefully the community can learn from my mistakes Thanks Guys!!!

next up... Quad OG and Doc Holiday mixed medium

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816444 - 07/04/16 08:03 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Could always be worse...no one has a perfect run every times...even the best botch entire batches every now and then,can't wait to watch the next grow log :wink:

Edited by Milktruck (07/05/16 09:46 AM)

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #816447 - 07/04/16 08:10 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I remember you saying you couldn't put in A/C in your house, but what about ducting a portable A/C to the tent?

I bought one last Monday when the blower motor on my home unit when out. It happened on the hottest day of the year was 115o out.

Anyways it ducts to the window to release hot air and pushes cold air out the top. you would need to drain/collect the water but if you ducted just the cold air to the tent you wouldn't need to run it all the time, they are designed for small rooms.

I plan on doing that in my flowering room. I'll use a cardboard box to adapter the flex ducting to the unit. I just need more electricity in that room first.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816452 - 07/05/16 12:48 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

thanks man that's a good idea I'll look in to that I think the cost will be the biggest issue but a portable a/c with a dehumidifier would be great in general I seen some for a couple hundred bucks I'll have to find one that's cheap on juice for it to work

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#816464 - 07/05/16 09:22 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Hey baron, my memory failed me apparently

The ozone can be sprayed up to three times per WEEK. not three per day. My mistake. Was digging through my msgs from the guy who told me about it lol..

I've sprayed 2x per day some daysort and definitely more than thee per week lol haven't noticed a lot of damage but maybe some unsure

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (07/05/16 09:23 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816590 - 07/08/16 05:29 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

right on I never sprayed that much anyway I treat all the water that goes in to the res and sprayed on feedings it's worked well so far it's just the heat that is making it difficult to do dwc the other hydro/Aero are working perfect so that dwc on my new grow is gonna go in to my friends super soil when I get it so no worries  there... I'll have the new grow up soon been having picture upload issues

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#816650 - 07/08/16 08:10 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

OK so at least the oil/hash weight is in I forgot to take wet weights but off the sick plant trimmings I got 1.1g and from the main I got 5.7g most of that plant went to oil aside from the nugs curing total harvest is 6.8g hash/oil which is awesome considering the potency and high is great! at the moment total cost vs production comes to about $170 per gram lol but I made a fuck ton of candies and my community of patients loved em even though it's hot as balls so they got all melty but I don't think anyone was above licking a baggie clean...
:tweak:

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816683 - 07/09/16 01:04 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:

OK so at least the oil/hash weight is in I forgot to take wet weights but off the sick plant trimmings I got 1.1g and from the main I got 5.7g most of that plant went to oil aside from the nugs curing total harvest is 6.8g hash/oil which is awesome considering the potency and high is great! at the moment total cost vs production comes to about $170 per gram lol but I made a fuck ton of candies and my community of patients loved em even though it's hot as balls so they got all melty but I don't think anyone was above licking a baggie clean...
:tweak:

not to shabby at all :groove: would be pleased to be smokin those oils any day.

turned out a lot nicer than my lazy Fatass iso washes :lol:

only pulled about one gram (dnt know for sure, scraped it up out the dish as i smoked it) of unfiltered oils and resins on a long wash from that pip squeak lol, but thats not bad considering she was pulled 25 days early since i fucked her mix this round xD...she yielded a WHOPPING 4.5 g's dried of shitty wispy premie bud.

hash was dank as fuck though :lol: the concentrates from premie buds can be super potent, heady, and damn near psychedelic compared to ripe nug concentrates where you just get good and stoned for a couple hours. too bad early bud itself is really only worth making hash or edibles with. wish you could catch that premie hash BUZZ from the premie buds without the headache xD

Edited by Milktruck (07/09/16 01:24 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817351 - 07/25/16 05:50 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

well this morning I burped my curing jars to a light mold smell so decided to abandon the cure and just extract came out its a little less than 2g so that's the end of this grow log I have to say it was better than I expected and learned a whole shit ton just need to figure out curing better I think my mistake was leaving it up to those packs and the humidity here is ridiculous so Im gonna cure old school next time

thank you growers for all your input and a large cold fuck you to cannabispatient for bringing you special brand of stupid to my grow log

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #817352 - 07/25/16 06:00 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

get a small analog hygrometer to put in the jars maybe? I have the opposite problem here in the desert, I need the humidity packs too keep it from drying too fast.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Edited by Chemical Addiction (07/25/16 06:07 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817366 - 07/26/16 12:32 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

good idea Its about 70% humidity right now and I'm dying I remember curing in bags in under my buddies house but I never maintained them he kept an eye on them and let me know when they were done I just had to bag tie a loop around the stalk and mark them then I'd give him bud for his trouble he cured for a few guys out here he passed away already or I would have just taken it back to him

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #817368 - 07/26/16 06:11 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

just had a  thought, no idea how well it would work, but maybe when the humidity is too high you could take some dehydrated rice put it in a paper towel and tie it off so it doesn't mix with the bud and put in jar. But you would still need a hygrometer so you don't dry too much :shrug:

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817385 - 07/26/16 04:42 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

when i dry i go until the entire bud is CRISPY dry, and the stems between the nugs snap with a pop, but the stem inside the bud is still a little flexible.

as you cure up this little bit of moisture left in the stem will spread back out evenly through the neg leaving a nice, soft, pungent smelling, dry enough to smoke, and no longer crispy dry nug.

Humidity here was between 75-85% for almost the last month, been battling light signs of PM on my outdoor queen but didn't have any issues drying or starting the curing process on my lanky queen.

If you ever over dry buds TOO MUCH before the cure, you can actually wet your finger with purified water, and rub this around the rim of a jar already filled with over dried nugs, pop on the lid, and set the jar in WARM DIRECT sunlight for NO MORE THAN 5-6 MINUTES.

Let this sit for about 6 hours after that in warm darkness, NO LONGER THAN 6 hours, then burp that a couple times and go on curing like normal.

if your humidity indoors isnt manageable and you dont have a hygrometer (i have never used one tbh) then id recommend cutting your nugs off the main stems and drying them on a screen with similar airflow to the way you would if you just hung them up. This helps drying when it's humid a LOT more than you would think without damaging the terpenes, or having to fork out a small wad for a dehumidifier.

Although just getting a dehumidifier is a lot easier :lol: and keep in mind some genetics wont begin to smell :right" for sometimes even up to 2 weeks in cure, if you dried it correctly it will NOT smell like hay or dirt before the cure abut after drying, it WILL however smell VERY similar to sliced cucumbers, if you are familiar with that smell, is quite specific, but still recognizeable as the smell of cannabis resin, and a hell of a lot more pleasant than that dried-to-quick "hay" smell, some genetics ive had however have smelled like cured nugs no matter how i dired them, even in the oven, but those are FEW and far between lol. (Kera Seeds White Thunder was one, smelled incredible, smoked incredible, tasted incredible, even freshly dried completely un cured, was VERY impressive, however those seeds were TERRIBLE on yields and hermied like fucking crazy :lol: )

not saying what you had wasnt mold, just rambling on about the curing process really lol, although i have had a couple indica dominant plants that cured up and smelled like a straight up dirty wet basement, smooth even burn, piney taste, no sign of molds or PM, but the bag still smells like a dirty basement thats been wet for a year... they just smelled like that for whatever reason, very mold like, but having molded buds before it was not the same smell, but very similar, also not implying this is your issue, just throwing things out there from experience.

Edited by Milktruck (07/26/16 05:11 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#817390 - 07/26/16 05:48 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

always helpful milk thanks bud it makes more sense it was mold my sniffer is amazing and I see now that I didn't dry enough

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818173 - 08/15/16 03:09 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

im a cigarette smoker, my sniffer hasnt worked right in over a decade :lol:

it works, just not very well lol, but if i walk in the house and my roommate is cooking a grilled cheese or something, ill still know immediately..

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818175 - 08/15/16 04:15 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

lol my sniffer was great when I did smoke I haven't smoked for a couple years now and it is insane how strong my sense of smell is and my taste buds are ridiculous I used to do pest control when I smoked I was known for being the death sniffer I could tell exactly where something died in the walls the moment I stepped in the house I could not do that job today vomitus maximus...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#821761 - 12/07/16 02:28 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

still alive?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder