Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJJambo
Stranger
First grow. About 2 months in. Have also posted on another site. Two are better than one.
    #805534 - 02/07/16 05:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Im about two months into this grow and just went 12/12 yesterday.  My mobile scrogs were put in place two days ago.  The strain is Easy Kush.  In the beginning I had some issues with what I think was too much light for my young plants.  They were stressed but recovered.  These plants are very short, but very bushy.  They were LST'd and topped twice At the fifth node, then the seventh.  No big problems with nutes or ph.  I have an account on another site but I don't think I can post a link to it.

Got rid of airpots, added humidifiers with a res to up my humidity from 10 percent to 55-60 for veg.  Things really took off when i fixed my humidity issues.

Pics of my setup are in another thread on this site, also.  My gallery also has some pics not posted here.

Pics

My storage area.

My res for the two humidifiers

The two of them with float valves inside.

RO system with booster pump.

mobile scrogs.

LST'd

Day after.

Day after that.

Installed screens

Side view.

This is my recent post from today from the other site:

Alright, got the mobile scrogs built and installed them. First I'll say that these things stay short and bushy. I started the 12/12 today and I'm going to go with a 6 gallon res of the the VEG formula I am using. Then over the next five days add a gallon of water of the FLOWER formula. I'm going out of town for 6 days so before I leave I'll make sure the res is up to 12 gallons. I have a friend that will come over to check ph and add nutes if necessary. I'll have to stop tucking under the screen the day I leave for the flight so hopefully that doesnt leave to much above the canopy and make the scrog itself useless.

I did have to trim some fan leaves underneath because the screen pushed the two mains down and made the side/fan leaves cram themselves down into the rockwool cubes. I didn't go crazy, but I couldn't have them just sit there being soaked.

Over the next five days I plan to trim excess leaves under the scrog. All my stems (shoots?) are at the canopy level so I dont have to remove any of those just the leaves. Some leaves are VERY large because they were the early leaves off the two mains. These are the ones I'm leery about cutting. The other leaves aren't that big so two leaves here every day not so much of a big deal. I am worried though as some leaves have water between them when I move them around in the scrog. Leaves are on top of one another because they're so dense.

Room is completely light proof so no problems there. Humidity stays at 57-60% and will be lowered as flowering starts to show. The light is at 24 inches with 100% crees and 50% reds/blue. Temp is 75 day 69 night.

Any scrog growers with some suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by JJambo (02/07/16 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJJambo
Stranger
Re: First grow. About 2 months in. Have also posted on another site. Two are better than one. [Re: JJambo]
    #806263 - 02/19/16 03:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Alright.  Got back from Florida on a six day vacation.  Had a friend watch ph and was fine.  PPM's were at about 600 when I was gone.  Had two gallons to add to res after 3 days of my trip to bring ppm back up. 

The ppm was raised to 700 and dropped 100 points in 3 watering cycles ( day and a half).  So upped the nutes to 800. 

PPM dropped 80 points in one day.  This is 14 days into flowering today.  Do I keep adding nutes until there is barely any drop or just look for deficiencies at this point. 

If I under feed will yields be really that different?  The plants look green and healthy as far as I can tell, but in budding stage don't I have to keep high levels of P and K? 

Leaving the larger fan leaves under the screen.  Cant hurt to leave them there.  Some have actually stretched their stem to get more light.  Crazy.  Here's some pics.

Moved some soon to be colas around for more light.  Also tucked some fan leaves out of the way.

One day later and recovering nicely.

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: First grow. About 2 months in. Have also posted on another site. Two are better than one. [Re: JJambo]
    #806617 - 02/24/16 04:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i like my plants individually scrogged to ,pain in the ass with branches flopping all over the place as well as not being able to move plants around for maintenance ! looking like things are in order though~

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineJJambo
Stranger
Re: First grow. About 2 months in. Have also posted on another site. Two are better than one. [Re: dmtcorey]
    #806818 - 02/27/16 05:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Spread out the tops to let more light instead of removing a bunch of leaves.  This also helped to get the canopy back to even height.  The stretch has slowed down finally.

BEFORE

AFTER

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies