Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: ShortCircuit]
    #802784 - 01/06/16 08:17 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShortCircuit said:
alright. since this is mostly an indica, i should probably shoot for the 35% milky then, correct? no amber? then the rest (65%) will be still clear?

I may have to cut these down at different times, some seemed more mature than others last i checked.

At 35 percent full milk/amber/  the other 65 percent will most likely be at different levels of cloudy not all still clear.
And with what I've seen so far out of your girls, yeah I'd go with a indica harvest guide line.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Stoneth]
    #802795 - 01/06/16 11:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

This is today. I see lots of milky trichomes, almost all of the ones on the mutant plant(front right in the bigger pic) are milky. It's hard to twll with the 40x lupe and to keep my hand steady... They smell so sweet and intoxicating.

Can you please clarify again on what you mean stoneth? Do you mean, all trichones have turned milky with 35% of them being amber? Something's not clicking for me.

The thirteenth will mark 8 weeks since i switched the photoperiod over to flowering. The plants are showing different rates of maturity, with the mutant in seemingly in first, the back left in second, and the front left in third, you might be able to make them out.

The last time they got regular nutes was maybe a week and a half ago? Perhaps the 26th or 30th judging by when i took pictures and guessing. Things have been very very stressful at home and at work and i've been extremely busy and exhausted... I was going to give them more plain water + mollasses today, but decided against and just gave them pH-neutral water --- think i made the right choice?

I'm gladly taking any and all in-depth advice from the veterans here, and i don't want to foul this up in any way.

When harvest does come, i plan on chopping down and cutting into sectiona and placing them on coat hangers for 4-7 days, after which they will go in brown paper bags being turned every several hours (? -- this may be hard for me because of work...) then plucking off the fans and trimming further. I am still iffy on my understanding of harvest drying (curing not so much, i have humidity packs on their way) i would greatly appreciate some info there (have looked at psychotron's 'perfect dry and cure' but something isn't clicking there either)

Really appreciate everything this community has given to me thus far.

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#802840 - 01/07/16 07:14 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

bump, sorry for the wall of text.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802860 - 01/07/16 11:21 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I see lots of milky trichomes, almost all of the ones on the mutant plant(front right in the bigger pic) are milky. It's hard to twll with the 40x lupe and to keep my hand steady... They smell so sweet and intoxicating.

Can you please clarify again on what you mean stoneth? Do you mean, all trichones have turned milky with 35% of them being amber? Something's not clicking for me.

I'm willing to bet it'll all click for ya in or about 14 to 21ish days.
At this point all you need to do is keep them happy, and watch those trichomes do their thing.

--------------------

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#802891 - 01/08/16 08:39 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man!

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#802975 - 01/09/16 11:44 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Update:

I have taken te netting out and many of the mutant colas are so heavy they are topplin over to the side. Not breaking though.

I am currently running gallons and gallons and gallons through the growth media, the runoff has gotten less and less colorful and is now a very light shade of green. I'm hoping this helps drain out the nutrients and helps me get ready for harvest on wednesday.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802976 - 01/09/16 11:57 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Be sure to tie those colas up so they don't break on ya.

--------------------

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#803100 - 01/12/16 11:32 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

lights went dark at ~6 am this morning. Plants are now experiencing 24 hours of dark.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #803121 - 01/12/16 07:33 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Is there a reason you're running with no lights?

--------------------

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#803122 - 01/12/16 07:39 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I'm harvesting them at around 6 am. a 24 hour period of darkness is reported by some growers to increase resin production, i've also read that the starches and some other nutrients travel back to the roots during dark, but i am skeptical of that bit. is this outdated?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #803142 - 01/12/16 08:42 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Don't know if I 'd call it outdated or just unfounded.
I've read it many times myself usually see it posted as 48 hrs of darkness.
Never seen a difference myself tho, so I quit doing it and just cut them when they're ready.

--------------------

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#803154 - 01/12/16 09:21 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

no doubt. at any rate, humidity has been fluctuating during the darkness giving me an idea of what to expect during drying. 54-61% RH is what the high and low are for the day, i feel comfortable with that. i know they say under 60 but things should be okay... temps are 60's, and i'd really like to get that up to 70 even. it will be hard though without a proper unit in the building.

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#803477 - 01/17/16 11:16 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

They've been hanging since wednesday and were crisp to the touch when i felt them today so i have pulled them out and have manicured a branch or three. The stems bend however, no snapping sound. Since they've been back out in the open air with 70~ % humidity they have moistened back up. The larger nugs smell peculiar, but overall there is a sweet limonene smell to the buds and man are they pungent. I think i've got some good buds here...

Thinking of hanging them back up for a couple days and put the buds that are manicured in a wooden open bowl.  Good idea?

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#803540 - 01/19/16 09:07 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

all is finished this morning! final trimming is done... lots of small stuff... way more good stuff. 4 ounces or so of the good stuff! and man, is it some of the snowyist bud i've ever seen... there's a couple or so ounces of the just-less-than amazing stuff. i have not officially weighed it, but four quart masons and a couple more...

everything is packed up with boveda right now. things were really crispy, only a couple buds being wet still. everything smells incredible. i will try to open the jars every once in a while or so to help stave off any mold. will post some close up pics soon....

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #803546 - 01/19/16 10:52 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't seal them in with the boveda's for too long if they're not close to being dry. Boveda only works so well, they're not really for removing moisture out of the buds, but merely preventing them from being overmoist.  Your 70% humidity is more than the 62% the Boveda creates, so in theory if you left them out they would be too moist. You might need a dehumidifier, or wait a few days and see if it drops. Raising the temperature might help if its too cold and humid.

I prefer paper bags over glass jars for drying. Have you read my curing method?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: phychotron]
    #803547 - 01/19/16 11:34 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

the boveda packs are two way, they remove moisture out of the air too right? i plan on opening the jars regularly, but the moisture is mostly gone i think in the buds

the 70% humidity is just a spike, it was raining during that period, and it's down to 28% today
i have read your drying method, if it's not connected in that thread then i haven't

the majority of the buds were starting to feel borderline too dry to me, the stems mostly bent, no snaps though.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #803577 - 01/19/16 08:30 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

They do 2 way moisture control, but only to a point. They're not made to just suck water out of your buds, but to keep them from being over-wet by a little bit.

It sounds like your close, and that you need to redistribute the moisture so the buds will soften up and stems dry up a little bit. This is the hardest part, getting it to a perfect moisture level for curing.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #803933 - 01/23/16 07:31 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Nice grow.:greenthumb:
How's it taste?
:getstoned: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder