Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Scribbler]
    #801557 - 12/16/15 01:37 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:wellholyshit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: ShortCircuit]
    #801658 - 12/17/15 05:55 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:goodnews: looks like everything's fine for the most part... the heat stress isn't nearly as bad as what was made out to be. The plant that seemed to take it the worst is the mutant plant, though she seems to still be putting energy into bud production.

nutes today:
2 tsp Earth Juice (because can use every watering)
2 tsp Molasses

today was just mostly water to wash the salts out. the buds are starting to frost up and the smell is getting pungent.

I am one happy camper today.

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #801742 - 12/18/15 06:24 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good. :greenthumb:
Won't be long until  :ganja:
:heart::growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: vinsue]
    #801798 - 12/18/15 07:30 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

They look GREAT man!  Keep up the good work.  I cant wait to see the end results on these beautiful ladies! 

Oh BTW - I would NEVER EVER trust anyone else to know where your garden is... for all you know he could betray you in the end.  I have never let anyone know where I was growing or when the next harvest would be.  If you can do it all alone, I would.  NEVER TRUST ANYONE when it comes to growing anything.

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #801802 - 12/18/15 07:41 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

yeah man, that was what i was doing before, not a soul knew... some shit went down though and i had to have someone else house the project for me to which they said they could oblige. i don't trust anyone knowing i grow anything, but the circumstances didn't allow for that and i thought it would be best to see these ladies through harvest instead of chopping them down prematurely... just a few more weeks left, and everything will be gravy.

thanks for the compliments man! really appreciate feed back from this community.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#801803 - 12/18/15 07:47 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thanks for the compliments man! really appreciate feed back from this community.

Anytime man!  Thats why we are here.  I understand where your coming from with what happened and all.  I would suggest that the next time you run more plants (if there is even going to be a next time) that you should do it completely SOLO and not tell a soul about them.  I know how hard it is not to show your buddies pictures and everything but in the end its totally worth it when your all sitting around smoking the weed you grew and they have no idea it was all done by you unless you inform them.  I get my friends every time with it haha.  They always tell me how good it is and that whoever grew it did it right and I am just sitting there soaking up all the glory and they have absolutely no idea that I am the one in charge of making it so delicious and dank!  Its a great feeling, that's for sure.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#801807 - 12/18/15 10:14 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Just show us pictures to satisfy the need :awedance:

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Scribbler]
    #801817 - 12/19/15 07:11 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Scribbler said:
Just show us pictures to satisfy the need :awedance:

Agreed!  We gotta have plenty of pics to satisfy our every need! haha

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#802643 - 01/04/16 06:08 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

imported on 12/31/15:happyweed:

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#802644 - 01/04/16 06:16 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

as of Jan 2nd, 2016

QUESTION: I understand that you start numbering the days once the plants themselves start to show signs of adjusting to the change in photoperiod, not just when you adjust the photoperiod, correct?
on average, how long does this take for the plants, about a week? this will help me better know when to make the harvest.

notably, some plants are more developed than the others. The mutant is seemingly finishing up nicely with the snowyest of buds, while the other two are a little behind.

i've decided that i might can get away with giving the plants some molasses water and then one and a half full weeks of plain pH7 water.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #802652 - 01/04/16 08:42 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Trichomes are what you want to monitor.
You should pick up a small microscope or jewelers' loop 60x or better.
With sativas the goal is 15 to 20 percent of the trichomes full milk/amber/.
Indicas usually shoot for about 30 to 35 percent of the trichomes full milk.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Stoneth]
    #802656 - 01/04/16 09:41 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Those jeweler loops suck.. This is the microscope I got to replace all those loops I had.  I've had a smaller cheap microscope that didn't hold up very long, this one is nice. Cheap too. 

I always go by how the plant looks, the stage of growth that its in and how much water it is sucking down. Usually you can tell when a plant is almost ready by how little water it appears to be sucking down all of a sudden. Otherwise the structure of the plant tells me most of what I want. I generally harvest just before it foxtails or after, not in between. 

If you don't have a scope, check for tricomes that glean and glisten in the light. If it sparkles, its amber. Usually you'll see a few of those with the naked eye right when its about time.

The flip to flower and the speed in which the plant responds depends on the phase of growth before its going into flower. If its stalled and in a pot and your just holding on to it for weeks before flowering it, it might take awhile, 2-3 weeks before it shows flower. If its young and vigorous and ready to go into flower it can show flowers at the end of the week. Timing the vigor of the plant makes a big difference in adjusting to the new photo period.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: phychotron]
    #802675 - 01/05/16 12:04 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Good job bro

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!
  !!!!TRESPASSERS WILL BE EXECUTED!!!

Edited by DannyFolks (01/05/16 12:20 AM)

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: DannyFolks]
    #802727 - 01/05/16 10:36 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup: thanks guys! i have a jeweler's lupe but it's 45x (i think, i'm not entirely sure), which is OK but not as powerful as i'd really like... it can be hard to use some times.

to clarify (i think the grow bible by cervantes speaks differently) you say as the trichomes go from clear to amber, harvest when i certain percentage have gone milk- then that would mean that a lot of the flower finishes up after harvest and in curing correct? the genetics are hybrid from gorilla

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
    #802731 - 01/05/16 11:51 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

it all depends on what type of high you're looking for....the trichs go from clear to milky white to Amber.
Clear means it's at minimum THC value
Milky means it's at its peak THC value (sativa high.more uplifting)
Amber means the THC is breaking down into more complex cannabinoid.(indica high more sleepiness bodyhigh couchlock shit)
AND ALSO it's true after harvest and while curing the Thc and other cannabinoids continue to break down into more complex goodies.....but don't take my word for it continue to read and research, after all I could be wrong.
But one thing I know for sure is that patience is A virtue and the longer it flowers the better it gets. I usually let my plants flower as long as I can.

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
    #802732 - 01/05/16 11:55 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

And also when all the hairs turn orange that's usually a good sign of maturity. It might not be ready to get chopped down just yet, but when u see those pretty white hairz turn orange you know you're getting real close to 4:20pm

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802734 - 01/06/16 12:10 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DannyFolks said:
it all depends on what type of high you're looking for....the trichs go from clear to milky white to Amber.
Amber means the THC is breaking down into more complex cannabinoid.(indica high more sleepiness bodyhigh couchlock shit)
AND ALSO it's true after harvest and while curing the Thc and other cannabinoids continue to break down into more complex goodies.....but don't take my word for it continue to read and research, after all I could be wrong.
But one thing I know for sure is that patience is A virtue and the longer it flowers the better it gets. I usually let my plants flower as long as I can.

This seems to be more if an old school way of thinking.the type of high etc.  From my understandings it is linked to genetics, more than when you harvest.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (01/06/16 07:00 PM)

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #802741 - 01/06/16 04:50 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DannyFolks said:

this is basically everything i have read up until now. a lot of this can be found in cervantes' books.
Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:

This seems to be more if an old school way of thinking.the topper if high etc.  From my understandings it is linked to genetics, more than when you harvest.

alright. since this is mostly an indica, i should probably shoot for the 35% milky then, correct? no amber? then the rest (65%) will be still clear?

I may have to cut these down at different times, some seemed more mature than others last i checked.

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #802763 - 01/06/16 12:56 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

LIKE I SAID "dont take my word for it continue to read and research after all I could be wrong"

I hate when people imply that im wrong and they're right, when i clearly stated "I could be wrong".
And i purposely stated I could be wrong so people like you wouldn't say I was wrong, and u still managed to say it.
But the fact of the matter is i already know IM RIGHT. I jus hate debating and arguing over sum shit i kno is correct but any way....sorry have a nice day

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802782 - 01/06/16 07:05 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

No need to be defensive man.  I used to go by the theory you stated a well.  And with the more testing that's been available with the increase of recreational, I've been finding that the different cannabinoids seem to be more connected to genetics than harvest time. 

But like I said, just my observation.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals