Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Scribbler]
    #799594 - 11/25/15 05:23 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

all plants are now under 12/12 and 400 w HPS

i think i've been over doing the nutes just a tad... last night i just gave them pH adjusted water to 6.5-7 ish no nutes... gave them enough water to have it go all the way through to come out the bottom

i think i have toxic salt build up, i used a mix of 'biobud', molasses, a teaspoon or so of Grow Big, and some earth juice, 1-2 teaspoons and have been giving nutes every watering so like every 2-3 days.

this is the front left plant.

the last photo has some kind of leaf curl... any ideas? and should i just ease off on the nutes for a minute for another watering of just water? please advise.

on another note, all plants are probably going to be moved tonight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: ShortCircuit]
    #800152 - 12/01/15 12:48 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

problem was toxic salt build up... i made the mistake of using GrowBig every watering and the instructions said every other... you can see the salts where the water has evaporated in the bottom trays.

i gave them just a big dose of regular water and the skinny light green growth has gone away. will be taking a few more pics later this week when i have access to them...

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#800264 - 12/03/15 01:26 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

November 25th, 2015:

This photo is the last time i put them under the net

Nutrients on this day:
1 tsp bio weed
1 tsp bio bud
1-2 tsp (low-med dose) grow big (for the nitrogen, the earth juice contains 0 nitrogen...)
1-2 tsp earthjuice flowering
2 tsp Grandma's Molasses

pH: 4-5 (yikes!) failed to remember to correct the pH for this nute run, realized my mistake and added extra Distilled water (pH is always 7.0) to help buffer my mistake. good thing i am using soil and amended with plenty of Dolomite lime. (pH 7.0)
[edit 2 - might be thinking of a different day... damn this post is messy.]

November 29th, 2015:

-pH-adjusted tap water, 7.0 no nutrients

December 3rd, 2015:

here the plants have begun to poke through and really stretch towards the light. i found them at about 3-6 inches away from the enclosed light fixture (vented)
They have also begun to really perk back up from the salt build up problem, so i know things are going back to normal.

signs of heat stress in some places, doesn't look extremely bad. raised the lights to 6+ inches. all is well for the most part

NUTRIENTS:
1 TSP bio weed
1 tsp bio bud
2 tsp GrowBig
2 tsp earthjuice flower
2 tsp molasses

they were hungry today! lots of lower leaves falling off as the plant used up the energy stores in the lower canopy.

adjusted the pH to 6.5 in the solution. i have noticed that flowering mixtures run LOW pH, my solutions are always  4 and under before i adjust them, and it takes a bit more pH raise to get them up with the added nutrients. pH lower has some kind of potash or potassium in it, not sure which, forgot what the lable read... it probably has something to do with it.

TEMPERATURE:
-mid-high 80's for the high;
-high 60's to mid 70's for the lows.
HUMIDITY: 65%

today i got the po-dunk ac-unit to run, had to suck out the water from the bottom... was told it should be good for 12 hours till it shuts off because it's drowning again. will be doing my best to have it looked after once a day as i can no longer be there every day.

[edit- removed redundant files]

Edited by ShortCircuit (12/03/15 03:48 AM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#800268 - 12/03/15 07:18 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:rockon: I do see how the leaves are showing signs of heat stress. In my limited experience, 6" from the plants is still pretty close (I use a 600watt cooltube hood) but it could be because of your high overall temps as well. Luckily I don't have to deal with high temps where my tents are located, so I don't have first hand experience with it. If I'm wrong here someone please correct me, I know way more about mushroom cultivation than I do mary jane cultivation right now. :lol: I'm just about to the end of my 2nd full grow.

Try and drop your humidity too. That's a good value for veg but too high for flowering.

Looks really nice though man!

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#800304 - 12/03/15 02:09 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

before i moved them, the humidity was lower and so was the ambient room temperature... was in low to mid 70's all day and night... because of a good air conditioning system. i was also able to have the light at about 3-6 inches no problem. the temps and humidity right now are the best i can do given the parameters of the area they are in at the moment. it's not what i wanted at all, but it's going to have to do.

anyway, mold becomes an issue anywhere above 65% as i understand it. there's really no way around this one.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#800334 - 12/03/15 05:56 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well damn man...let's hope for the best then!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #800335 - 12/03/15 05:59 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #800339 - 12/03/15 06:16 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Besides the heat stress and humidity issues, they still look super healthy!  Best of luck and I will be watching man.  Keep it up!

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #800358 - 12/03/15 10:29 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

dehumidifiers crossed my mind hawks, but they are definitely out of my price range right now. i see some for $55 which is somewhat affordable, but money is a real bitch. i'll see about getting one at some point.

i checked the humidity while the lights were on today, 77 deg F and 61%

@scribbler & SC - Thanks a lot :smile:

Edited by ShortCircuit (12/03/15 10:34 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #800392 - 12/04/15 11:29 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

It'd pay for itself man.  55 bucks is nothing if it saves your crop.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

#800474 - 12/05/15 04:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

55 is a lot when you don't have much to your name. things are pretty rough right now man.

anyway, how's this for a solution? Jerry-rigged the AC unit up to the tent with a T-connector splitting the airflow between the tent and the rest of the room.

Temps are now 68 deg F ish (when i checked it after 30 or so minutes of run time.
Humidity is now below 60, i clocked it at 58%

today I mixed up one gallon of nutrient solution total for all three plants, so far this has been sufficient for the growth:
pH: 6.5-7
1 tsp of Bio Bud
1 tsp of Bio Weed
2 tsp of Grow Big
2 tsp of Earth Juice Flowering
2 tsp of Molasses

Disregard the high points for the data.

these next three pictures show the growth on one of the plants, not the two best ones i have. it's got what looks like mutant growth to me, one of the main stems is flat and wide. there is also a ton of growth in two of the lower branches which i guess means the plant's auxins are not properly distributed throughout.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #800490 - 12/05/15 10:52 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Weird, I haven't seen a flat stem like that before

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#800496 - 12/05/15 01:33 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Me either

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #800498 - 12/05/15 01:47 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I've only seen one, and it was a male PPP.
Killed it when his balls dropped.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: Stoneth]
    #800505 - 12/05/15 03:11 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Just like stoneth said, the only one I have ever had with a flat stem like that was a male and I chopped it down.  It was weird AF, definitely mutant lol

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #800549 - 12/06/15 06:49 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ShortCircuit said:... the growth on one of the plants, not the two best ones I have. it's got what looks like mutant growth to me...

That plant was the runt of the litter right from the beginning, right?
Thought I saw that in that other thread.
Looks good...:greenthumb:

You're in 2nd week of 12/12?
They'll be getting fat buds in no time. :trees:

I had to stop growing for a while...:sad:
maybe again in Spring. I have plenty to smoke though.:smirk:
:goodluck:

:rockon: :growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: vinsue]
    #800772 - 12/09/15 02:51 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

week 3. things are starting to frost up. moved the lights a tiny bit further away from the plants.

soil was still wet... guess they aren't using as much water now that i have that tent air conditioned.

fed them each a gallon (3 total) of 6.5-7 (it was hard to get just 7 on two gallons for some reason)
with:
1 tsp bio bud (will be using this once a week only now as per directions)
2 tsp molasses
2 tsp grow big
2 tsp earth juice.

i have access to some 0-16-16 stuff, going to use 'crystal burst' next week around. have a question for the nutes, should i still be using the grow big?  none of the other products have any nitrogen whatsoever, is what i am doing now the right thing?

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#801199 - 12/13/15 05:21 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I typically stick to one brand of nutrients and a nutrient schedule.  Everyone has their own ways of doing things though when it comes to feeding schedules.  It varies from strain to strain and person to person.  I have a set schedule that I follow and stick to and I have always had premium results because I stick to the same schedule no matter what.  Just go with what you know is best and whatever works for what you have as far as nutrients and what you can afford. Lets see some pictures!

OfflineShortCircuit
Robot

Re: ShortCircuit's first official Widow growlog [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #801530 - 12/16/15 05:58 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

these are from sunday...

i was woken up after only several hours of sleep this morning having worked a double and yayaya to texts from my 'friend' saying that the humidity and heat soared in the tent because he was left for out of town to go catch mullet.

the ac unit for the place regularly drowns itself and the water needs to be vac'd out esp when the weather gets hot outside. he told me he would help with this project, knew what the weather was going to be like and that the ac unit behaves as such and left town anyway. i'm pretty sure he'd been drinking and had taken xanax... at one point he started flipping out on me telling me that he was going to rip the plants up and put them in the fire pit and to come get all my stuff. so i came over there, and he flipped out on me for doing that.

pretty upset with him, but i guess it's my responsibility for trusting the guy? 4 more weeks to go and these would have been great. i would have had enough money to give to him and get myself back on my feet again, instead i'm here.

anyway, they are going to continue on for now, i still have to talk to him again today so we will see... i haven't seen the extent of the heat stress yet.

how bad will this effect my yield? i'm going to post some pictures of the damage when i can :frown:

Edited by ShortCircuit (12/16/15 06:07 AM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#801544 - 12/16/15 09:19 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

My advice...trust no one but yourself.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags